The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,619 comments
DCB41075-9DF9-403B-BD90-08166CA40DC5.jpeg
5B9AEAA2-3CC0-49B3-8E70-3792D6129C60.jpeg

This fascinatingly leads to a series of questions, specially during what's going on right now.

If the portions of the US population that are on the streets right now, that includes Democrats, antifas, left-leaning protesters and african americans, were following the NRA propaganda, it would be logical that a good portion of the protesters were "peacefully" bearing arms (considering state/city laws) during demonstrations against an oppressive state, correct?

So this portion of the population, that is perceiving this theoretically tyrannical force as defrauders of the constitution (lets say the 1st ammendment) and civil rights laws, and are using their monopoly of violence to institute a fear state based on killing, brutallity, procedural fraud, racial profiling and lack of accountability, are bearing arms.

When the theoretically tyrannical force start advancing against those citizens (lets say like the ones that attacked that man in Buffalo, NY, and lied that he fell alone) it would be logical that those protesters, to defend their 2nd ammendment and to protect themselves from the tyrannical government, have the moral right, by NRA standards, to point their guns against the perpetrators, correct?

So, if the NRA ideology is embraced by those people, it could lead to... Blue lifes doesn't matter?

Or, maybe, if the "good citizen, responsible gun owner" doesn't orbit around what the NRA wants, their ideology is not applicable?

This fascinatingly leads to a series of questions, specially during what's going on right now.

If the portions of the US population that are on the streets right now, that includes Democrats, antifas, left-leaning protesters and african americans, were following the NRA propaganda, it would be logical that a good portion of the protesters were "peacefully" bearing arms (considering state/city laws) during demonstrations against an oppressive state, correct?

So this portion of the population, that is perceiving this theoretically tyrannical force as defrauders of the constitution (lets say the 1st ammendment) and civil rights laws, and are using their monopoly of violence to institute a fear state based on killing, brutallity, procedural fraud, racial profiling and lack of accountability, are bearing arms.

When the theoretically tyrannical force start advancing against those citizens (lets say like the ones that attacked that man in Buffalo, NY, and lied that he fell alone) it would be logical that those protesters, to defend their 2nd ammendment and to protect themselves from the tyrannical government, have the moral right, by NRA standards, to point their guns against the perpetrators, correct?

So, if the NRA ideology is embraced by those people, it could lead to... Blue lifes doesn't matter?

Or, maybe, if the "good citizen, responsible gun owner" doesn't orbit around what the NRA wants, their ideology is not applicable?

The NRA is an excuse to buy guns because conservatives are scared of non-whites. They're also extremely ineffective and unhelpful with regards to acknowledging and resolving the United States' gun violence problem.

That's how it comes across, whatever their façade about tyrannical government might be.

Totally. Here's another:

447bki.jpg

He isn't exactly depicted as a rioter or looter. More of a highwayman/bandit.

I'm not sure what you're trying to force here but it's not leading anywhere.
It'd be a pity to let facts* get in the way of a good emotional argument.

*I'm using "facts" very loosely here, as though what is presented in the story are to be taken as factual rather than fictional.

The reverence around Bonnie and Clyde when they were alive would be a more apt real-world example, even if they weren't particularly charitable with the money they stole.

He isn't exactly depicted as a rioter or looter. More of a highwayman/bandit.

I'm not sure what you're trying to force here but it's not leading anywhere.
Perhaps when an otherwise bad act is done for a good cause then it isn't really a bad act?

When Jean Valjean - a fictional character - stole bread to feed his starving children, he was doing the right thing?

It's sort of a timeless principle found in classic literature, and also real life.

Last edited:
The reverence around Bonnie and Clyde when they were alive would be a more apt real-world example, even if they weren't particularly charitable with the money they stole.
Reverence or fascination? It's hard to imagine reverence for those slaying innocents, but a fascination with them is much easier to wrap one's head around. There's a similar fascination with Jeffrey Dahmer and David Berkowitz, but reverence likely only among particularly twisted individuals.

It's also worth noting that the killing of Bonnie and Clyde is much more likely to have been justified, as they were allegedly readying their own firearms after the first single shot at the car and immediately prior to the firestorm. They are believed to have killed nine police officers during their run, and very likely would have killed more if given the opportunity.

Reverence or fascination? It's hard to imagine reverence for those slaying innocents, but a fascination with them is much easier to wrap one's head around. There's a similar fascination with Jeffrey Dahmer and David Berkowitz, but reverence likely only among particularly twisted individuals.

It's also worth noting that the killing of Bonnie and Clyde is much more likely to have been justified, as they were allegedly readying their own firearms after the first single shot at the car and immediately prior to the firestorm. They are believed to have killed nine police officers during their run, and very likely would have killed more if given the opportunity.

During their lifetime there was certainly reverence, mostly from the poor communities in Texas they came from, I guess cause they were standing up to "the man" or something.

During their lifetime there was certainly reverence, mostly from the poor communities in Texas they came from, I guess cause they were standing up to "the man" or something.
Citation needed.

Ned Kelly is a folk hero in Australia and I don't remember him taking part in any wealth redistribution.

The general public were obsessed with them. And considering they were cold-blooded killers they sure did get a lot of attendees at their funerals.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-irresistible-bonnie-parker-59411903/

https://nationalpost.com/entertainm...ous-bonnie-a-killer-who-manipulated-the-media
Obsession isn't reverence. It's obsession. I was careful to offer fascination as an alternative to reverence.

Fascination is understandable, if more than a little creepy. Still, I imagine they were a welcome distraction from reality during difficult times.

I wonder if people would have been so fascinated had they known Barrow was raped while in prision prior to his adventures with Parker and others.

I misread that as Milk Assassination and got very confused.

I wasn't even thinking of Harvey Milk, I was literally wondering about an attack on literal milk.

Back