The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,619 comments
Replace Afghan with the more direct Taliban.

FB_IMG_1593544222072.jpg

It's just a crowd of strangers from a protest movement in a country where similar protesters are known for looting and attacking the police.
"Similar."

20200701_071502.jpg

That guy wanted equality. That guy pointed to racism as an impediment to equality. That guy didn't get what he wanted. That guy got shot.

Posting ironically:

mrz063020dapr.jpg

Because Chief Justice Roberts voted against conservative Justices to strike down a Louisiana law that would require abortion providers to have hospital admitting privileges at a nearby facility, thereby limiting patients' access to procedures to safely terminate pregnancy even in pre-viability cases, anti-choicers (well, those like Ramirez who pander to them, anyway) are [literally] painting him as a traitor to the cause. This is profoundly stupid.

Roberts is no ally to those who think women should have a choice when it comes to what they do with their bodies. Roberts voted to uphold a Texas law that would require the same thing as the Louisiana law, but it was because of the Court's ruling in that case (which was to strike the law down) that he voted the way he did in this one, citing stare decisis, which, as he wrote, "instructs us to treat cases alike."

Per my digging, it was the shoe bomber.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Reid
Yeah, I assumed as much given the context. That would be a successful terrorist attack. Failure to detonate an explosive device does not a failed terrorist attack make. It was successful given that an individual successfully got an explosive device onto a commercial airline flight and that the attempt to detonate it actually induced terror.

I don't like wearing a mask. I don't like taking my shoes off prior to air travel. I wear a mask anyway because of the peace of mind it provides for those around me who are also wearing masks. I wear shoes that slip on and off easily prior to air travel because removing shoes when preparing for air travel is a condition of that privilege.

I don't like wearing a mask. I don't like taking my shoes off prior to air travel. I wear a mask anyway because of the peace of mind it provides for those around me who are also wearing masks. I wear shoes that slip on and off easily prior to air travel because removing shoes when preparing for air travel is a condition of that privilege.

Fair point, what about the terror induced by somebody taking off their shoes?

If you celebrate something without zero hesitation that means you celebrate it with hesitation.

F) have poor reading comprehension

I don't celebrate the 4th because I'm a responsible adult that realizes I live in a tinder box.

If you celebrate something without zero hesitation that means you celebrate it with hesitation.

F) have poor reading comprehension
It's comforting when someone is consistently stupid...until you realize they'll likely reproduce.

I don't celebrate the 4th because I'm a responsible adult that realizes I live in a tinder box.
You can observe the occasion in a non-boom-boom-sparkles fashion.

It's comforting when someone is consistently stupid...until you realize they'll likely reproduce.
It's this constant "I'm the real victim!!!" crap which perturbs me. And it comes from the top all the way down.

Back