The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,619 comments
Neither do Aussies. ;)

thatsthejoke.jpg

I thought you were Aussie/Kiwi, for whatever reason.

Nope. I am an Okie. From what I have seen of Aussies though, I would probably get along with them wonderfully.

I don't think he drinks Fosters.

I do not think I have ever had a Fosters.

Bah. Celebrate the independence of the nation by blowing a small portion of it up.

I call that a standard Tuesday.

It is not a normal Tuesday for me, but it is a Saturday or Sunday. When I grill, I grill a whole lotta meat.

And yet neither of them come close to Benny's record. Imagine being so bad a journalist that even Buzzfeed rejects you.

I have to imagine when you're fired from BuzzFeed, they send you a quiz that, based on your answers, tells you how you'll be fired. They then send out a department-wide e-mail with a clickbait subject line letting everyone know you're no longer with the department: "The Shocking Reveal of Who's No Longer with BuzzFeed! You'll Never Guess Who!"

_113250512_knee.jpg

For some reason, 6 of them decided not to kneel. As everyone knows, racing F1 cars can produce serious knee injuries.

I wouldn't knee for some bs political reason either ... and as LH found out BLM writing on the helmet doesn't make him exempt from the rules.

_113250512_knee.jpg

For some reason, 6 of them decided not to kneel. As everyone knows, racing F1 cars can produce serious knee injuries.

I can see why some decided to remain stood instead of taking the knee. If you take Kaepernick's gesture as an example, he was taking umbrage to how his own country treats black people on the whole and a kneel when his national anthem is played is a protest against that country, the US. Does a Russian, an Italian or a Monegasque taking a knee at the Austrian anthem carry the same message? I know its a sign of unison but i can still see it as a grey area of ethics if a driver from X country wants to stand in respect of that country Y's hosting of the event if he has no knowledge of country Y's attitude towards people of colour.

I have to imagine when you're fired from BuzzFeed, they send you a quiz that, based on your answers, tells you how you'll be fired. They then send out a department-wide e-mail with a clickbait subject line letting everyone know you're no longer with the department: "The Shocking Reveal of Who's No Longer with BuzzFeed! You'll Never Guess Who!"
*click here to start 52-page sideshow*

Be Best. Failing that, Copy Best.

But soon after the same two Twitter users publicized six more instances in which Johnson lifted passages from sites like The New York Times, Wikipedia, The Heritage Foundation and National Review Online without attribution. BuzzFeed then launched an internal review.
In July 2014, BuzzFeed found 41 instances of plagiarism in Johnson's writings, comprising almost ten percent of his work. He was subsequently fired from BuzzFeed and apologized for the plagiarism. A few weeks later, he became digital director at National Review Online.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Johnson_(journalist)
Imagine hiring a guy fired from a previous place of employment for plagiarizing works that included those you published.

"The Shocking Reveal of Who's No Longer with BuzzFeed! You'll Never Guess Who!"
It's been reported that he was verbally abusive to co-workers at a subsequent place of employment (Independent Journal Review) where he was also accused of plagiarism and where he peddled conspiracy theories prior to his firing. People at BuzzFeed may not have been all that surprised it was him.

Interestengly, after being canned by IJR in 2017, he was quickly picked up by The Daily Caller.

With employers like Breitbart, IJR and The Daily Caller, what's most surprising may actually be that he ever worked at BuzzFeed. But then I suppose they all share quality of content even if they don't share political bent.

As the message is for people who take a crap on facts anyway, does it really matter the picture and story don't line up?
I actually think it matters to those who don't take a crap on facts. A not insignificant amount of the content posted here was created with the intent to deceive (even if those posting here had no such intent), and it's important to point out falsehoods even if you approve of the message.

Also, as much as I appreciate the zinger directed at the maliciously ignorant, the real story behind the photograph is just awesome.

He has the best words.

I think my favorite is "liberal-ation" but I'll definitely try to hold onto "Chrissus" for a few months.

"Foistered" should be a real word.

Chastising people for *not* taking a knee is as absurd as those who complained when Kaepernick did it in the first place.

Something, something... want to force people... go live in North Korea... yawn. :indiff:
Simple points, one by one (happy to discuss in a civilized way):

· All of them said that they are committed in the fight against racial inequality.

· Kneeling is the gesture people has chosen around the world to protest against racial inequality.

· When asked to kneel (to protest against racial inequality) they said no. In front of the millions watching the race, they decided not to kneel. Thereby, they are not that committed.

· They backed a bit and made pictures and released statements in twitter, because they are afraid of loosing sponsors and endorsements.

· They don’t give a damn about racial inequality because they don’t understand it.

now, are they racist? Don't think so. They are just rich, privileged boys who never suffered racism in their life, hence they can't understand it. They don’t know how to handle it. And they are afraid of loosing sponsors.

Gosh, even Lewis Hamilton said he is still learning about racial inequality, and he's black. I don't expect privileged people who live a privileged life to understand inequality. But if you say that you support it, do support it. If you don't support is fine, just don't go full pc-******** in twitter because you are afraid of losing endorsements.

I don't support Ricky Gervais's campaigns to save dogs in china, but I don't go and tell everyone I stand against animal abuse when actually I don't support any action at all.

As the message is for people who take a crap on facts anyway, does it really matter the picture and story don't line up?
It does to me, because without the picture there is no story. "Facts don't matter" is for the virus deniers.

kanye-west-graphic-designer.png

Last edited:
Back