The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,689 comments

k7c4TEv.jpg

No way does Trump have that good a body.

Anyone know what this is referring to? I'm a bit lost on this. Who gave the US oil, or who had oil demanded of them, for what rebuilding effort?
Think it generally means the Middle East.

Anyone know what this is referring to? I'm a bit lost on this. Who gave the US oil, or who had oil demanded of them, for what rebuilding effort?

The 1953 coup d'etat in Iran as executively commanded by the CIA in Operation Ajax in conjunction with the UK's Operation Boot.

It led to the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company, nationalised under the democratically elected pre-coup government, being replaced with an international holding company which allowed US oil companies such as (using modern names) Gulf, Chevron, Exxon, Mobil and Texaco access to Iran's oil production and revenues as well as the successor British company and France's Total oil company.

You might not agree with people's stance on the second Iraq war but it has happened.

Last edited:
The 1953 coup d'etat in Iran as executively commanded by the CIA in Operation Ajax in conjunction with the UK's Operation Boot.

It led to the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company, nationalised under the democratically elected pre-coup government, being replaced with an international holding company which allowed US oil companies such as (using modern names) Gulf, Chevron, Exxon, Mobil and Texaco access to Iran's oil production and revenues as well as the successor British company and France's Total oil company.

You might not agree with people's stance on the second Iraq war but it has happened.

So... sorry still not following. A coup in Iran led to open trade which US corporations participated in? That's the US destroying a country and demanding that the US be given oil to pay for rebuilding? So you're saying that the 1953 coup in Iran (65 years ago) is the basis for this cartoon? You're saying that the US destroyed Iran, or at least part of Iran in the coup, and that the US rebuilt Iran, and that the US demanded oil to rebuild it?

I'm not seeing that in your links.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, I'm just looking for something historical that actually parallels the cartoon so that I can understand the joke.

@Lizard

...That can't be her real Twitter account, right? Can't see her making a spelling mistake like Trump does sometimes...

Clinton wan not impeached for having an affair. He was impeached for committing the crime of perjury.
Yeah, that's what ended up doing him in, but were "Christian values" conservatives--the "sanctity of marriage" set, if you will--not rallying for impeachment due to the affair? I seem to recall that being the case, and that's what the cartoon appears to assert.

Are you claiming (due to extension of posting the picture) that because Shapiro is Jewish that is why he's conservative?

I seem to find his point of view hypocritical and that seems to be the joke to me.

I don't like identety politics but I love my jewish identity (an identity he didn't even choose are never had to do something for to be achieved). Ow yeah and I love a state based on the identity of being jewish but I hate identity politics.

Or am I missing something.
On top of that shapiro is just an ass. There is at least one video of him explaining how to defeat liberals in a discussion where he explains.how to set up strawman arguments and such. Well if that's how you want to win a debate be my geust but I'm going to call him an ass if he does so.

Back