The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,689 comments

• It comes from science, my dear Mr Tree. "The connected world (e.g. quantum entanglement) provides many examples of "impossible" futures that create a dissonance between existing cultures or belief systems, and the sudden emergence of new facts." Like postmodernism...and UFOs.

From The Atlantic, May 27, 2010:

View attachment 726552

As fascinating as post-modernism is I don't see the "cartoon/meme" vibe in a powerpoint slide :D

ap2Ndb8_460s.jpg

It would be funnier if the camera work wasn't so horrible. How hard is it to hold a phone still? :odd:

It would be funnier if the camera work wasn't so horrible. How hard is it to hold a phone still? :odd:
It looks like they had the camera zoom on for Trump and moved it around to catch the terrified kids' expressions. It's a lot harder to keep a zoomed phone camera steady while you're searching for the source of the screaming. Either that or it was cropped which I believe would have the same effect.

It looks like they had the camera zoom on for Trump and moved it around to catch the terrified kids' expressions. It's a lot harder to keep a zoomed phone camera steady while you're searching for the source of the screaming. Either that or it was cropped which I believe would have the same effect.

• It comes from science, my dear Mr Tree. "The connected world (e.g. quantum entanglement) provides many examples of "impossible" futures that create a dissonance between existing cultures or belief systems, and the sudden emergence of new facts." Like postmodernism...and UFOs.

From The Atlantic, May 27, 2010:

View attachment 726552

I feel this stems from a misinterpretation of quantum mechanics. In specific the use of the Schrödingers cat metophore, the popping in and out of existence of certain elements has some criteria before this is true. When you do not take these into consideration you can easily drop of into the black hole that is the current form of post modernism as I see it.

Then again this opens a whole new field for me as I never really took post modernism serious and you did capture my intrest.

Then again this opens a whole new field for me as I never really took post modernism serious and you did capture my intrest.

This is the point of conversation, and I thank you for the compliment. You have made my day and it's only 3:46 AM. :bowdown:

Did it make your life in any way worse?
Not substantially, but that's not really the point. By including my post you made it sound like I had something to do with your original video being fake when I had no way of knowing this. Thanks for that.

Nice. I see "bread" (chleb) on the homeless person's sign. Just improving my Cyrillic.
I read it as "Padaeetye na chleb". I'm very, very rusty but -eetye endings are normally instructions so maybe падайте could mean give. I'll just look it up...

Google Translate says "serve for bread". Maybe it means "will work for bread"?
I would have expected "work" to be работ- (a bit like robot) with the ending being dependent on tense/case. Such as работает, работаю or something else.

Can @Rage Racer help?

Anyway, I arrived here with a political cartoon so here it is.
3035.jpg

I read it as "Padaeetye na chleb". I'm very, very rusty but -eetye endings are normally instructions so maybe падайте could mean give. I'll just look it up...

Google Translate says "serve for bread". Maybe it means "will work for bread"?
I would have expected "work" to be работ- (a bit like robot) with the ending being dependent on tense/case. Such as работает, работаю or something else.

Can @Rage Racer help?
View attachment 728964
"Подайте на хлеб" - "give (some money) for bread".

P.S. An old Soviet cartoon, still relevant today.
5bwB2PUoz-s.jpg

Countries behind the table - Luxemburg, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Great Britain
Buttons on the USA table - con / pro.

Last edited:
Back