The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,689 comments
LD73x2r.png
trump-take-guns-without-due-process-trumpists-yeah-all-you-31232479.png

Sums it all up in a nutshell. Brilliant:tup:👍

I also found this one to be awesome!

The only thing I'm wondering id if they mean all college educations.
Might be Europe but over here it's mostly the social studies that sincerely believe in reality is perspective.
Is this the same in canada/america or are they all.that way? :P

Might be Europe but over here it's mostly the social studies that sincerely believe in reality is perspective.
I could only comment on the people I know of that attend college or university and for the most part they are so far out in left field I couldn't find them with the Hubble telescope...lol.

Off-topic: From what I see on the internet and news, the US, UK and Canada are in a worse place than Europe in general.

• I also found this one to be awesome!

It comes from science, my dear Mr Tree. "The connected world (e.g. quantum entanglement) provides many examples of "impossible" futures that create a dissonance between existing cultures or belief systems, and the sudden emergence of new facts." Like postmodernism...and UFOs.

From The Atlantic, May 27, 2010:
    Few concepts of quantum physics have taken hold in the popular imagination, but one of them is this: perception matters. According to a widespread interpretation of a 1935 thought experiment, the act of observing something actually affects what you see. (This is obviously a simplification. For a far more thorough explanation, read up on the debate surrounding Schroedinger's Cat.) This idea is similar to a central concept of postmodernism--that "objectivity" is deceptive, and truth is often a matter of perception. Are the ideas connected?

Appropriately enough, it depends whom you ask. ArtsJournal asked the tantalizing, long-debated question after reading this passage from a Salon review:

Much of the debate between Einstein and Bohr revolved around Einstein's intuitive rejection of the implication of the Copenhagen interpretation - which is that objective reality, independent of any observer, doesn't really exist. Bohr, by contrast (and sounding a lot like Wittgenstein), insisted that physics isn't concerned with what is but solely with what we can say about it.

Is quantum physics in fact "responsible for postmodernism?"
    https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...quantum-physics-lead-to-postmodernism/340795/

upload_2018-4-1_14-20-10.jpeg

Back