The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,503 comments
The thread title may have changed but hey, we can still post cartoons, right?

Screenshot_20240802-203219.png

Screenshot_20240802-203244.png

Regarding Ukraine, there is a different story. A very long story, and if I start it, I'll end up like Putin on that interview to Tucker Carlson. Long wall of text, TL;DR and no fun at all. So I'll skip it and just let Antony Blinken briefly explain the issue (but change some names):
Those name changes have nothing to do with reality.

If I know my Ace Ventura, Ray Finkel has something to do with this. Is Dan Marino in witness protection?

How far back is "not so long time ago"? Forty or fifty years?
Not only. Right now, the US troops are in Syria without an invitation, showing how the US respects other countries' sovereignity and teaching others how bad it is to invade one.
Are those countries part of the US now? Perhaps you think Iraq or Afghanistan were genuine attempts at colonisation/annexation.
You're making it sound like it is better to bomb another country into the stone age then leave (like US did to Serbia, Libya, or others) than to make a land a part of your own, rebuild what was ruined in the war (what Russia is doing in Mariupol and other ex-Ukrainian cities), develop it like your own and take responsibility for the local people, providing them with healthcare, infrastructure, paying them pensions and so on. In Crimea, for example, Russia had a lot of **** to clean after 22 years of Ukrainian reign.

After all, it would be just stupid for America to annex Iraq or Afghanistan, there are wholy different nations living there, not to mention they're so far away on another ****ing hemisphere. On the contrary, the so-called "eastern parts of Ukraine" are populated by Slavic people who are culturally no different from us, except the passport. They speak the same native language as us, although the Kiev government was trying to forcibly ukrainize them, especially for the last 10 years, to the extent of erasing their Russian identity (Zelensky actually said before the war, in his message to the people on his east - "If you're Russian, you must leave this country").

TBH, maybe it would be even better if the US annexed Afghanistan, making it one of its own states, and raise the Afghan people from their deep in **** poverty to the American standards of living, but... who would agree for that? Huge expenses and responsibility with no benefits.

How many people here who are criticising Russia support the invasion of Gaza?
Your governments do, as well as other official speaking heads (or if they don't outright support it, they are at least still much more tolerant to it). For example, Russia and Belarus are banned from Olympics because "oh what a terrible war", but Israel is not, because "the Olympics are out of politics and the athletes are not responsible for their government" 🤡 🤡 🤡

I did not - I typed it from the comfort of my home in my country that hasn't invaded another sovereign nation in an attempt to annex it, hence my conscience is clear.

You, on the other hand, are a coward; you tout your support for a war of aggression but you do not have the stones to fight in it.
Playing the "Why aren't you on the frontline?" card isn't as smart as you think it is. Because it works both ways.
And no need for excuses like "I'm a Brit, it's not my war". If your heart is bleeding for Ukraine so much, there's nothing stopping you from helping them directly (they're in desperate need for manpower). There are your compatriots fighting for Ukraine (around 800 UK citizens have volunteered in total, according to the OSINT data), and they are taking losses, too (so they would like more men to join them). Never thought about showing how brave YOU are before calling someone a coward, when you have both ability AND motivation?

But, no, no, I'm not urging you for anything. It is actually better for you to stay in your comfortable home, not waste your life under Russian bombs or drones (let the Ukrainian draftees do that instead). No one will call you a coward.

Instead, you can try reaching the local ukhilyanty ("draft evaders" in Ukrainian), those men of conscript age wrapped in blue-yellow, yelling "Slava Ukraini" (and sometimes doing cringe performances in front of the Russian embassy), so patriotic that they ran away to Europe before the border closed. There should be plenty of them in UK, too. However, if you try calling them to go home and fight for their money-begging comedian, they'll most likely refuse and tell you to "follow the Russian warship". The better for them, though.

It pains me that you perpetrate this willingly. I know Ukrainians and I know Russians. This war is very very sad to me, and would be to you too if you had half a mind; if not because you are basically murdering your brother people, then because it is causing such damage to Russia for such little gain. Both nations deserve better than what your boneheaded dinosaur relic of the 19th century leader has thrust upon them.

So yes; I urge you to sign the contract or shut your mouth, no one here is moved by your cause, no one on your side is impressed by what you do here and actions speak volumes louder than words.
Are you sure you seriously want me to personally kill Ukrainians and orphan more of their children? You don't look like an anti-war person who wishes the best for Ukraine and its people. Why do you hate Ukrainian men so much that you want +1 person to be killing them?

I don't also know why'd you decide I'm some kind of blood-thirsty warmongerer. If you rewind the Ukraine thread back to January and early February 2022, when the "Operation Z" hasn't started yet, I expected there will be NO full-scale war, and I didn't want to be mistaken. When I did start, I hoped Ukraine will surrender as soon as possible (because Zele's regime and monuments of the Nazi "national heroes" aren't worth dying for, but unfortunately, their propaganda convinced them otherwise). Sadly, it ended up we know how. Sadly, because I don't cheer about Ukrainians dying, there's nothing cool in seeing their forcibly drafted men getting torn into pieces on a drone footage.

On the contrary, in this forum's Ukraine thread (that I'm banned from, but still do read occasionally), there are much more belligerent people. Particularly, one humongous member, whose posts are soaked with hate (like, "More dead orcs! Orcs must die! Bomb ruzzian cities!"). His blood-thirstiness could have a good use for Ukraine on the battlefield, but he still didn't raise his ass from Netherlands and join other Dutch volunteers. But this is actually good. One less person for our orcs to spend bullets on.

As for me, I hate the war no less than you. Nor that I want Ukraine to be gone (like some people here think for some reason). I just want my country to not be defeated, that's all.
Defeat would mean that millions of Russian people in Donbass and Crimea would be forced to flee their homes, or face mass repressions from Ukrainian regime; and Russia would be forced to pay enormous money Ukraine and its sponsors would claim (given an open cheque with ANY number for the winners to write in, like Germany after WWI). Remember how the defeat in WWI resulted for Germany?

So, I believe that: war is bad, but a lost war is even worse. Vae victis.

Or does something about going forward to be probing recon in an Alibaba golf cart with an Airsoft fake plate carrier with a rusty 70s AK you are only handed at the last minute because your officer is terrified you'll frag him not appeal? Patriotism not fervent enough for you to join your brothers in a dirty trench with no leave or rotation, and medicine so basic typhus and cholera are making their returns, as if this was the Crimean war of the 19th century? Does something put you off about a rate of attrition so rapid the tanks and APCs are from the late 60s if you're lucky and your artillery piece is a dismounted BMP-2 turret?
Wow, that's some quality copium you've got there.
Say, if the Russian military is such **** as you say, why hasn't Ukraine won the war already, for over two years?
How come Ukraine, armed by the modern NATO equipment (like the Vietnam war era M113 APCs), still keeps losing ground to the typhus and cholera infected Russians armed with WWI-era Mosin rifles (another cool story from your propaganda) with commanders in fear of being fragged by their own? I'm curious how would you explain this.

For example, Julian Roepcke (aka Jihadi Julian, a pro-Ukraine propagandist from Germany) doesn't seem so addicted to copium.

Ukraine is winning so much that their men of conscript age are being hunted down like stray dogs on their streets by military recruiters (there are tons of videos of that) if they can't flee their country through closed borders. Or go for groceries dressed as women to avoid being dragged to war. Even drowning in Tisa river (trying to cross it to escape to Romania) scares them less than getting drafted.

Meanwhile, Russia had only one wave of partial mobilization and the borders never closed. Male civilians can leave, and go back, like before. While AFU reports "we're killing 10000000000 orcs per second" but still loses controlled land. BTW, how's their kontrnastup (counter-offensive) of June '23, still going? Have they entered Crimea already, as they planned?

GDn2qDBWMAE1LPV

Right now, as I am typing this, the mighty Ukrainian troops are committing suicide by the Russian border of Kursk region, while their own defense line is cracking (RF forces are capturing Niu-York and advancing into Toretsk - on those Alibaba golf carts, I guess!).

For example, Russia and Belarus are banned from Olympics because "oh what a terrible war", but Israel is not, because "the Olympics are out of politics and the athletes are not responsible for their government" 🤡 🤡 🤡
Russia should be permanently banned from every international competition from now until the end of time because they can't quit doping. Russian athletes are losers and cheaters with zero integrity; they don't belong anywhere near a competitive field, even under a "neutral" flag.

Russia should be permanently banned from every international competition from now until the end of time because they can't quit doping. Russian athletes are losers and cheaters with zero integrity; they don't belong anywhere near a competitive field, even under a "neutral" flag.
How do you define whether somebody is a "Russian cheater" (if even neutral flag doesn't work)?
By citizenship? By ethnicity? DNA test? Apparently not the doping test.

But don't forget to repeat "racism is bad" (as long as it's not against Russians, of course).

How do you define whether somebody is a "Russian cheater" (if even neutral flag doesn't work)?
By citizenship? By ethnicity? DNA test? Apparently not the doping test.

But don't forget to repeat "racism is bad" (as long as it's not against Russians, of course).
Are they competing for Russia and doping? Then they're a cheater. It has nothing to do with race or ethnicity but what NOCs they compete for. Russia should never be allowed to compete in the Olympics ever again because they cheat. Even their curlers need to dope to compete. This makes me questioning the validity of every single Russian athlete and since it seems like doping is rampant, I'm just going to assume they're all a bunch of losers and cheaters. It would just be easier to not allow them to compete. Other countries seem to do just fine booting their doping athletes, but Russia embraces them.

I'm for kicking Russian athletes out who play for US sports teams that are genocide enjoyers. Alex Ovechkin is an asshole who should be kicked out of the NHL and sent back to his butt buddy Putin.

Are they competing for Russia and doping? Then they're a cheater.
But neutral athletes are not competing for Russia (they compete for themselves only, without any mentioning of Russia) and they were not caught on doping (otherwise it would be known already), but yet they are still are a problem to you. Is being Russian already a problem?

I'm for kicking Russian athletes out who play for US sports teams that are genocide enjoyers. Alex Ovechkin is an asshole who should be kicked out of the NHL and sent back to his butt buddy Putin.
How about the Jewish NHL players if they support Israel (that is actually doing genocide in Gaza, unlike Russia) like your totally not genocidal president who assists it with weapons? Should such players be kicked out too, in the "Land of the free"?

Back