The Realistic Photo Thread

• Thread starter Omamder5
  • 24,078 comments
N%2525C3%2525BCrburgring%252520Nordschleife_52.jpg

... and more in this link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=151617&page=16

:eek: That's a standard car, right? Looks amazing!

GUYS, Please STOP posting those HUGE PICS!!!!!!!

Also, only 2 pictures on the previous page look really real and thats both times an EVO.👍

ninja edit: Ok, I have to correct myself. It only was the Citroen GT pic that was that huge, sorry...:rolleyes:

GUYS, Please STOP posting those HUGE PICS!!!!!!!

Also, only 2 pictures on the previous page look really real and thats both times an EVO.👍

ninja edit: Ok, I have to correct myself. It only was the Citroen GT pic that was that huge, sorry...:rolleyes:

I apologize for what happened :ouch::ouch::ouch:

What, you serious?? There's so many quality shots on the last page, especially post #5485!! Haha no I'm not just saying that because I posted; I'd say there's only two pictures that DON'T look "really real," and even those were pretty good. It's all rather subjective...

Can anybody help me, when i sent a link from flickr it doesn't show up here but only a cross.

Last edited by a moderator:
6001610914_1f3443d870_z.jpg

* well said mitch 👍 ..........640 max (^as above^) is sufficient. Ironically the huge shots show up all the flaws all the more :sly:

** would also be nice to see a limit of 3 shots per post too. Won't hold my breath though.

What, you serious?? There's so many quality shots on the last page, especially post #5485!! Haha no I'm not just saying that because I posted; I'd say there's only two pictures that DON'T look "really real," and even those were pretty good. It's all rather subjective...

Its not really subjective when it comes to the "real" thing. Those are nice pics, but only a few tricked me to believe they're real.
This thread has some really really nice pictures that could be real ones, but the majority here posts pictures that are simply not on the same level.
It sure is that most think their pictures look real, but when you compare those to a REAL picture, they're probably not!

There is a thread (best of realistic pictures or so...) that shows only the best pics. We should update this one....

btw, this shouldn't sound like "guys, stop posting your poor pictures"! Keep on posting, aight!:)👍

I saw this picture and thought, how close [to the original] could I take this picture on GT5..

The original picture is a Audi R10 TDi 2006 at Circuit de la Sarthe at the last chicane before the finishing line:
170643526_5003c70928.jpg
< Reality

< Gran Turismo 5

Now, it would of been more accurate if PD had a Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 with time change, but this will do.
I'm still impressed how realistic it looks.
[messed around with the temperature, thanks rpanico14!] :D

Beautiful, but I have only one question:
Did you park the car there, or is it taken during a replay? The reason I ask is that the biggest difference between the two pictures is that the real car is obviously cornering hard, whilst the GT5 car doesn't appear to be moving at all.

Its not really subjective when it comes to the "real" thing. Those are nice pics, but only a few tricked me to believe they're real.
This thread has some really really nice pictures that could be real ones, but the majority here posts pictures that are simply not on the same level.
It sure is that most think their pictures look real, but when you compare those to a REAL picture, they're probably not!

There is a thread (best of realistic pictures or so...) that shows only the best pics. We should update this one....

btw, this shouldn't sound like "guys, stop posting your poor pictures"! Keep on posting, aight!:)👍

Back on page #235 of this thread I had a bit of a rant on the same subject and sparked a debate but most agreed it was becoming a pic dump. All you have to do is go back to the first pages and see the overall stark difference in standard of shots then to the current crop. The ratio was around 5 to 1 (real to average) and that ratio is reversed IMHO.

Subjectivity taken into account I still believe if whittled down this thread would be under 100 pages.

Latest Posts

Back