The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,278 comments
Still can’t use special paints on decals nor can use carbon fiber independently of body parts chosen… and driving the new ice track on bumper cam will render gauges almost invisible 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

But other than that I got hooked in back on GT with this update 😁

I would like to able to turn on damages and penalties in every events. As well as slipstream stenght, off-track/wet loss of grip and if you should be reset to the track or not after a crash. Those settings should be global and not per event except the ones where they are mandatory already, so player can't disable them if PDI intended a particular event to be more challenging through damages and penalties.

They should be in the assist menu or something. If I want the most realistic and immersive experience, I should be able to have it. This is a point where PDI could look at other racing games, where this kind of option is given to the player.

Tyre and fuel should remain set per event depending on what PDI wants from the event. They should however be at a minimum of 1x at all times.

Last edited:
Lack of centerlock racing wheels. PD are obviously not adding race cars like they did in past games. It does make sense to offer the parts to build a race car, rather than licence an exact race car. However, the wheels are lacking. Not sure how much it costs to pay for wheel licensing, but I bet PD could create their own racing wheels for the game.

Car paints don't get updated with new cars coming in updates.

E.g. subjectively, the newly added Lexus LFA offers more colors than they sold individual cars, but I have to buy another LFA for 1.5 mil if I want to simply swap OEM paint and even then I can't use any of these colors on other cars.

At first I thought being able to buy all manufacturer paint jobs was a step forward from collecting paint chips, but missing update paints and having weird constrictions like deletion of OEM paint schemes when adding decals or changing the base color really don't make any sense to me.

Not being able to adjust the level of transparency in ghost cars. When I'm chasing a ghost I often catch up and then it screws me up as my car intersects with its model and I can't see the road/objects in front of me.
You can offset it so it's constantly just in front of you to avoid the issue.

Why can't we put tire sponsor logos on Gr. 4 cars? That's annoy me, :grumpy: since Michelin is one of the sponsors of GT7 I would like to use them on every custom liveries possible, I use the Michelin Pilot Sport on all the Gr. 3 cars I can.

Last edited:
Yeah I do that, but like I said once I start overtaking the ghost it often screws me up as I intersect the ghost's model.
Two tips, set it further ahead time wise and have it reset each sector.

Pressing up on the D pad or stick nub thing on some wheels without the d pad will hide it.

Hey, not sure if this has been mentioned here before (sarcasm), but the on-rails bots.

Trying to do the Daytona tri-oval chili pepper race, on lap 7 and the bots start to catch up. I hug the yellow line and watch a bot just punt me out of its way.

Retry. Lap 3 going high around a corner and watch a bot drift outward as we exit the turn, collect my rear and spin me out.

Took about 5 attempts to win because the bots just kept taking me out.

Last edited:
Not really annoying but I miss back when they displayed the original typesetting of each model in garage/dealership in older games.

i1IwR0i3COrGxC.jpg

Daily Races being updated weekly while Weekly Challenges only offer 5 (why not 7?) races that take less than a day to complete.

Also the wheel of misfortune spitting out randomness is not a great incentive to play the weeklies for me at all. I feel that a fixed prize like a car from the LCD or an expensive engine swap or S part or maybe even exclusive cosmetic items such as OEM/manufacturer wheels, paint Colors or liveries would create a much greater incentive than RNG.

Last edited:
In GT6 when you entered a snow or dirt event the game would automatically equip the vehicle with the appropriate tires, if you owned the tires, in GT7 it just gives you a message you don’t have the appropriate tire and have navagate back to put the correct tire on.

16 cars grids online. I expected that at this point PD would have changed it back to 20.

To anyone savvy about this kind of things, why can we have 20 cars grids offline but not online? Offline we have the AI of 19 other cars. What’s the problem?

In GT6 when you entered a snow or dirt event the game would automatically equip the vehicle with the appropriate tires, if you owned the tires, in GT7 it just gives you a message you don’t have the appropriate tire and have navagate back to put the correct tire on.
Auto switching to correct tires dates back to at least GT4, which only strengthens your point. How has this feature gone away?

4WD Torque distribution still irks me. What's the harm in a 0:100 or 100:0 setting option? The Gr.B cars have the option, but not any other type of Gr. car or cars fitted with the device.

When the car's 3D model (with a custom paint) is being loaded in the garage and for a split second it appears with the original color. Just a minor hiccup with loading times, but still annoying...

Last edited:
16 cars grids online. I expected that at this point PD would have changed it back to 20.

To anyone savvy about this kind of things, why can we have 20 cars grids offline but not online? Offline we have the AI of 19 other cars. What’s the problem?
Because ps4.

Because ps4.
If that’s the reason I think it’s time to split the player base. There’s now more than enough ps5 on players hands and there’s been updates exclusive to ps5 like Sophy and VR. Additionally, GT Sport servers are closing so gt sport players will migrate to GT7 on ps4 increasing that player base or to ps5 increasing that player base.

If that’s the reason I think it’s time to split the player base. There’s now more than enough ps5 on players hands and there’s been updates exclusive to ps5 like Sophy and VR. Additionally, GT Sport servers are closing so gt sport players will migrate to GT7 on ps4 increasing that player base or to ps5 increasing that player base.
My Man..
Exactly what i thought after they anounce the shutdown for gtsport. Pd could easely split the consols and make there own leaderboards and online lobbys etc. Both would be happy and the online lobbys would run smooth again.
Cross fingers PD take this path ✌🏻

Spending 200,000 to buy the SRT Demon, 458,000 in performance parts & customisation. Car is only worth 133,000.
This, along with the rest of the in-game economy is really starting to get on my nerves… again.

What’s most frustrating is that some are not only defending this **** but it’s almost as if they’re offended by those of us that points it out.

Back