The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,278 comments
Also, having to back out a hundred levels from a track in World Circuits just to go to the Tuning Shop to buy ballast or whatever for some race you’d like to enter, then having to make the same journey in reverse.

There needs to be a Pep Boys at each circuit.

Also, having to back out a hundred levels from a track in World Circuits just to go to the Tuning Shop to buy ballast or whatever for some race you’d like to enter, then having to make the same journey in reverse.

There is a ”race shop” at each circuit.
IMG_3517.png
IMG_3518.png
IMG_3519.png

Not for nothing, but let’s just say, like real life, your car should ready be race prepared for whatever event. Also, in real life, if you need some basic parts, there usually are satellite facilities: tyre manufacturers and/or suppliers for one.
Let’s say you need a race part like a splitter. In the real world, other than having spares in the pit garage, teams do have to either leave the circuit and go to a dealer or have someone from their home garage gather parts and have them shipped to the circuit location.

As for the game, it definitely is annoying we have to back out for certain parts we want, but I think PD addressed the annoying “didn’t have the right tyres” and “my car is below weight limit” things.

The music.

The playlist is really short (and not that great) for a game people spend hundreds of hours playing. It really got on my nerves after a while. I finally muted all of it everywhere.

NOTE TO PD: It would be sweet if I could connect the game directly to my Spotify account and play whatever I like through the game.

(Yes, I know I can play Spotify externally while playing the game, but that’s not a very good solution when I’m wearing a headset or the earplugs from a VR visor.)
Also when spotify invearibly crashes for no reason at all. Yes needs more vaired music like GT sport

There's also the "Return to Map" button.

Not being able to share tunes a not only that, not being able to access car settings page in tuning shop. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this game is like everyone works on one part of the game, they don’t talk to each other and discuss ideas. Maybe they hate each other. PD doesn’t communicate so it stands to reason they don’t communicate with each other either.

Not being able to share tunes a not only that, not being able to access car settings page in tuning shop. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this game is like everyone works on one part of the game, they don’t talk to each other and discuss ideas. Maybe they hate each other. PD doesn’t communicate so it stands to reason they don’t communicate with each other either.

It was like this with previous GT games, like GT5 and even GT Sport before it was finally in a good state. PD makes games now that start off pretty badly and broken in many ways then get better by the time everyone's stopped playing the game. It's a long term business strat that works for them, apparently.

Last edited:
The huge variance in performance at equal PP levels. Take the lemans 700, Real life lemans runner, race and win proven: 4:10 laps saving fuel the entire way, some rando Japanese box with an old race car engine wedged in, 4:04 laps, never have to think about fuel. A 1980's flying brick rally car, with an extra big turbo bolted on and sliding around every corner, 3:55 laps.

It's annoying that so many races are dictated by the PP system, a bit more effort is required needed for it to actually make sense.

There is a ”race shop” at each circuit.
View attachment 1311877View attachment 1311878View attachment 1311879

Not for nothing, but let’s just say, like real life, your car should ready be race prepared for whatever event. Also, in real life, if you need some basic parts, there usually are satellite facilities: tyre manufacturers and/or suppliers for one.
Let’s say you need a race part like a splitter. In the real world, other than having spares in the pit garage, teams do have to either leave the circuit and go to a dealer or have someone from their home garage gather parts and have them shipped to the circuit location.

As for the game, it definitely is annoying we have to back out for certain parts we want, but I think PD addressed the annoying “didn’t have the right tyres” and “my car is below weight limit” things.

Okay, ballast was a bad example. I know there’s a race shop at each circuit, but as you illustrated, the selection of available parts is limited. I also understand that in real life you would have to leave the track to get what you need, but - and I don’t say this to sound like a smartass - this is a game. There are some things I would rather not simulate.

At least you can buy and install race tires once you've entered an event.

You can't enter rally or snow events at all if you don't have the corresponding tires installed. Doesn't matter if you already bought them for the car or have tuning sheets saved for those tires. The game is kind enough to provide a popup menu telling you that you don't have the right tires installed. Does it then let you switch tires in that popup menu? No, are you crazy? Go back to the garage.

If you, for example, want to go from a snow race to a rally race using the same car, you have to exit the event menu, go all the way back to the garage, swap tires in the tuning menu, then go all the way back to the event you wanted to enter.

A fantastic user experience.

Today my annoyance is twofold: The game giving you no info on car fuel usage/capacity, and being unable to buy race fuel tanks.

You buy a car, tune up it to be quick around the track, set it to the right PP, get all your tyres in order etc. All of which could cost you a million or more. And within half a lap you realize it isn't competitive as it can only do 2 laps to a tank on Fuel 6 and short shifting.

Let me know ahead of time an estimated MPG and range! And let me buy race tanks for road cars so that more of them can be competitive.

At least you can buy and install race tires once you've entered an event.

You can't enter rally or snow events at all if you don't have the corresponding tires installed. Doesn't matter if you already bought them for the car or have tuning sheets saved for those tires. The game is kind enough to provide a popup menu telling you that you don't have the right tires installed. Does it then let you switch tires in that popup menu? No, are you crazy? Go back to the garage.

If you, for example, want to go from a snow race to a rally race using the same car, you have to exit the event menu, go all the way back to the garage, swap tires in the tuning menu, then go all the way back to the event you wanted to enter.

A fantastic user experience.
No you don’t, you needn’t to return to the garage . You have access to the tuning sheets, in the preview also, and you can change the tires .

IR

That every single thread here, including now even the Legendary Dealership Refresh Update thread, seemingly has to devolve into complaints about the in-game economy and the ooooooh-big-scary-evil "microtransactions," which GT7 doesn't even have (look up the definition).

Okay, ballast was a bad example. I know there’s a race shop at each circuit, but as you illustrated, the selection of available parts is limited. I also understand that in real life you would have to leave the track to get what you need, but - and I don’t say this to sound like a smartass - this is a game. There are some things I would rather not simulate.
For sure. I don’t know why PD do certain things halfway and then pay attention to other details.

Paddock miles do not count to daily workout... Not only that the mode is completely broken when it bugs out. Closing the game is the only fix.

Random disconnects to game servers. A year later it still happens mid grind resulting in no payout.

A
Paddock miles do not count to daily workout... Not only that the mode is completely broken when it bugs out. Closing the game is the only fix.

Random disconnects to game servers. A year later it still happens mid grind resulting in no payout.
Any pre-laps done in lobby before a race do not count either, never did... you could have run 4-5 laps at Nurburgring before race starts for a 1 lap race and you would only get credit for the one lap.

Not having the option to use "Distance driven" instead of "Mileage" in the list of cars in the garage, and not being able to know how much mileage I've had on a used car or a lcd car if I don't use a separate spreadsheet to write down the mileage on the day I bought the car.

The more cars I get the more I'm annoyed by the lack of options to sort/categorize your cars.

I recently started to redo all races on hard difficulty. First ones are Sunday cup races with 450pp. So I sort by PP and scroll down all the way. I see a car I may use but I don't know which tires it has. So I choose it to check the tires just to see that they 're CM or so and I will be over 450 with better tires. So I have to choose another car and that means scrolling all the way down again. So annoying!

And I don't even have that many cars yet. Can't imagine how this feels for ppl like @Chikane_GTR with hundreds or even maybe more than 1000 cars....

Best would be to allow users to create their own categories like "Street tuned", "Racing tuned", "450PP", "700PP", etc.

Today my annoyance is twofold: The game giving you no info on car fuel usage/capacity, and being unable to buy race fuel tanks.

You buy a car, tune up it to be quick around the track, set it to the right PP, get all your tyres in order etc. All of which could cost you a million or more. And within half a lap you realize it isn't competitive as it can only do 2 laps to a tank on Fuel 6 and short shifting.

Let me know ahead of time an estimated MPG and range! And let me buy race tanks for road cars so that more of them can be competitive.
Most cars in race, will tell you how many laps you have left. That Hyundai Vision GT doesn't tell you anything. Not only is it guess work how many laps you can have left but also how many laps your getting when you recharge.

The more cars I get the more I'm annoyed by the lack of options to sort/categorize your cars.

I recently started to redo all races on hard difficulty. First ones are Sunday cup races with 450pp. So I sort by PP and scroll down all the way. I see a car I may use but I don't know which tires it has. So I choose it to check the tires just to see that they 're CM or so and I will be over 450 with better tires. So I have to choose another car and that means scrolling all the way down again. So annoying!

And I don't even have that many cars yet. Can't imagine how this feels for ppl like @Chikane_GTR with hundreds or even maybe more than 1000 cars....

Best would be to allow users to create their own categories like "Street tuned", "Racing tuned", "450PP", "700PP", etc.
This game desperately needs to let us have more than just one “favourites” folder. Letting us name the folder.

They really need to let us see what tires are currently installed on each car, that would at least help. And before I click purchase tires, show me what the performance points would be with them installed. Some cars gain tons of pp and other cars it bumps it or drops it by only 15-20pp.

Don’t even get me started on sharing tunes. Recently found out Kaz thinks screenshotting two settings pages and filling the PlayStations hard drive is and acceptable, sufficient and efficient way of sharing tunes. Says theu designed the car setting pages with screenshotting in mind… yet forgot to include what type of aero parts are applied, if it’s wide body or not, what the rim diameter, tire width and offset is and whether it’s got a roll bar/cage or not. Most other games you can share a tune with a friend and it takes about 30 seconds to accept and apply to your car.

His excuse? Too difficult because the car might have different parts on it. Well if I download a livery and it’s got a wing and different rim, it costs me X amount of credits to apply the livery. This type of stuff in this game is just bonkers, can’t understand their way of thinking.

When host quits lobby you're kicked back into the online multiplayer menu, and have to select the track again... that's the part that's pitiful, scrolling that list yet again. Makes people stop playing altogether imo once host quits cant be crapped to find the exact track name again in that crappy scroll list.

So lets say the host had a full 16 player cop lobby, and he quits, kicking everyone. like 2 of those people can be arsed to find the name of the track in the scroll list again, wheras if it kept the same settings, I guarantee you'd have like 5-10 people all joining the next server with similar idea

It hsould just keep the same settings as before not reset it all. TF

Last edited:

Oddly enough this never bothered me. But the other things definetly did. The number of menus is so grating sometimes, even GT Sport did it better sometimes. Also what really annoys me is you can't change the snow tires off your car if you're already in a online lobby, you have to back out completely or use different car. Who designs this?

It's not even unrealistic. Many people bring a second car with all their gear and tyres so they change it in the pits IRL, a GAME not allowing you do to what's possible In Real Life is BONKERS.

At very least they could make you pay a $2k labour fee to fetch a mechanic from GT auto to fetch you parts from garage/warehouse and you wait like 2 mins for the delivery to arrive to the pits, that would be good game design, but no we have nothing.

Last edited:
Garage, show us all of this info please.

Widebody, PP, HP, Weight, Tire Type/Compound.

Please let us create at least 15 nameable folders instead of just favourites.

Give me all the info in Car Settings, have to go to Tuning Shop to see power to weight ratio, car settings doesn’t show if it’s widebodied or not and it doesn’t show rim diameter, tire width or offset, it also doesn’t list what type A/B aero parts are installed. So long story short, let us share tunes, it would solve a lot of problems.

Let the host kick drivers mid race without sacrificing their race to potentially save the entire race for everyone else.

Fix the PP system, have a PP limit set, sometimes it seems like I’m not that great. Everybody hops in the same “stock” car, suddenly I’m not looking too shabby, even out front sometime while the guy that was cleaning house before is way at the back. Ahh so you’re not that fast, you just exploited the PP limit somehow. Got it.

They had folders in GT Sport for liveries of the same car and for decals I beleive. Not sure it was the best system but at least that game had it. Would be nice to have the custom named folders for decals in GT7. I'd like to make a folder for all my dirt/rust effects and another for tuner parts, etc

They had folders in GT Sport for liveries of the same car and for decals I beleive. Not sure it was the best system but at least that game had it. Would be nice to have the custom named folders for decals in GT7. I'd like to make a folder for all my dirt/rust effects and another for tuner parts, etc
Yeah my decals collection has gotten out of hand. Even if you could sort.

That reminds me, a colour picker in livery editor would be much appreciated as well as being able to group decals to change all of them in one shot. Something like the Camaro or Mustang I do the back section around the taillights in black and sometimes use many decals to trace the body seams and all that, sometimes I want to change the colour and you have to click each one individually where if you could group those ones, you could do it all in one shot.

id like to have more specific folders for sure, I’ve been working on some cars tuned at 490pp and I’ve got them exactly at 490pp so it makes them easy to find but it would be nice to just give it a name like “60’s Sports at 490pp CS”

I don’t plan on having too many groups but I can see myself having atround ten different groups of tunes over time.

Yeah would be great if the people got what they wanted, and in this case just some more QoL features to flesh out the game

Also Whats annoying is the third person camera, it makes the testarossa look tiny compared to other cars, why is it so far back on some cars

Last edited:
Back