The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,306 comments
Still need some more info because I still do not understand what lap timers you are talking about. Pictures please
Above the circuit are the Flag, Race Time and Lap counters.
images (4).jpeg

Above the circuit are the Flag, Race Time and Lap counters.
View attachment 1287952
some things are dynamic and most things are static in the background of race on track, that is a dynamic element that does not change, and more likely the numbers displayed are NOT your car's numbers, in fact in this picture it says lap 58, i really do not think that you had done 57 laps prior to this...sorry

some things are dynamic and most things are static in the background of race on track, that is a dynamic element that does not change, and more likely the numbers displayed are NOT your car's numbers, in fact in this picture it says lap 58, i really do not think that you had done 57 laps prior to this...sorry
Did you think the photo with the car being destroyed was from GT7? It's a real life photo showing what it should look like. In-game the timer and counter are blank, no numbers are shown.

Did you think the photo with the car being destroyed was from GT7? It's a real life photo showing what it should look like. In-game the timer and counter are blank, no numbers are shown.
accept my apologies for not looking closer at picture, but still that lap counter and timing lights in game are a static items and cannot be dynamically updated.

Last edited:
Oof. 62 pages of complaints. 😬😲 I have a lot of the same frustrations as y’all mentioned above. Navigation around the game feels like 1996 to only name one.
Anyway, my two main gripes are - and I really, really hate those in licenses, menu books and missions:
1. I am not interested in dirt track rallying, so please make it a separate option for players who are interested in it. But don’t include it as mandatory everywhere to get past all the other bits. I am totally capable of learning how to drive on street and race tracks without rally chores.
2. Same goes for drifting. I’m in the drifting is boring and useless camp, so can I please not be forced to go through any such exercises to complete missions etc.? Again, just make it optional for those who want to do it. But there are many other ways to learn how to drive in and out of corners properly.

When entering a custom name for a custom race, using anything other than a standard Latin alphanumeric character set (+ some basic symbols, I think it's actually just single-byte UTF-8 characters) greatly reduces the character limit. It seems to be byte-limited, which would've been strange in GT5, but we're now on the PS4/5, and a game released in 2022... surely a driver name shouldn't be byte limited? Using other characters (like a simple é) changes it to multi-byte character encoding. The character limit goes from 16 to 7, which I imagine is half + a byte or two used to tell it to use the different encoding.

I'm not an expert on this so some details may be wrong, Japanese characters also have a 7 character limit but if I'm not mistaken they should take up three bytes each in UTF-8. Maybe I'm wrong about what encoding is being used. It doesn't really matter. Either way, I'm very confident that the driver names are byte limited. I can't imagine why they would be stuck with a small byte limit in the modern era of a terabyte of storage being standard. Would it be too much to ask to have a few more bytes for names? Using the standard naming format of F. Last, you're limited to that exact length of name. 4 letters for a last name. Hope you didn't want to write López accurately.

Oof. 62 pages of complaints. 😬😲 I have a lot of the same frustrations as y’all mentioned above. Navigation around the game feels like 1996 to only name one.
Anyway, my two main gripes are - and I really, really hate those in licenses, menu books and missions:
1. I am not interested in dirt track rallying, so please make it a separate option for players who are interested in it. But don’t include it as mandatory everywhere to get past all the other bits. I am totally capable of learning how to drive on street and race tracks without rally chores.
2. Same goes for drifting. I’m in the drifting is boring and useless camp, so can I please not be forced to go through any such exercises to complete missions etc.? Again, just make it optional for those who want to do it. But there are many other ways to learn how to drive in and out of corners properly.
I'll have to add...
3. Why can we not delete saved game data to start over again? I get why some data is stored in "the cloud" and why that can be great for a lot of use cases. But it should still be possible to reset your game without having to create a new PSN account. 🙄

I'll have to add...
3. Why can we not delete saved game data to start over again? I get why some data is stored in "the cloud" and why that can be great for a lot of use cases. But it should still be possible to reset your game without having to create a new PSN account. 🙄
I'm going to say Sport Mode. I deleted and restarted per 100 times. Many times to try different cars in manufacturer races. My main reason was just to get the feeling of starting fresh, as if I just bought the game.
Anyway, I'm guessing it's because of the ease of switching manufacturers.

I have written again... 2 years+ from release....
the website in the section of collection of liveries you can't access anyone page than the first one...
And they haven't the choice of each car in your collection and the abilty to see all the liveries that you have downloaded

Last edited:
I'm going to say Sport Mode. I deleted and restarted per 100 times. Many times to try different cars in manufacturer races. My main reason was just to get the feeling of starting fresh, as if I just bought the game.
Anyway, I'm guessing it's because of the ease of switching manufacturers.
Thanks for your answer, but I must be honest: I am not sure I understand what you mean? 😳

Thanks for your answer, but I must be honest: I am not sure I understand what you mean? 😳
The game before GT7, is GT Sport. When playing GT SPort, the game file can be deleted. A Player can start the game over with no cars. A player can do all the driving school, missions, all the races as if they just bought the game.

When it comes to the Sport Mode a spect of GT Sport, if a players partakes in The Sport Mode Manufacturer races, they get to choose a loan car from Gr.3. And Gr.4 and sign a contract, to use for the racing season. If a player feels they would prefer to choose a different car, the only way to do that before the season is over, is to delete the game file and start a new game. This allows the player to sign a new contract with a different manufacturer.

What I’ve done, many times in GT Sport, is delete my game file to try different Manufacturers in the season.

I was thinking about this running a race sim @ DTS for this weekend's Manu Cup......I would really like to see the tire wear indicator have a percentage number for each tire. When you switch the multi-function display to fuel mix it shows you what percentage of fuel you have left. It would be nice if each tire gave you a 0-100% wear indicator number and not just how red it's turned.

I searched but couldn't find anything in this thread about: Why are there "silver" results in many places (let's take circuit experience, for example), but no rewards for it? Yes, you reach silver results on a circuit experience, but that only rewards you a couple thousand credits on each section. For completing the entire circuit experience, there are only rewards for all bronze and all gold. Same in missions and licenses. Does that make sense to anyone? Because it does not to me. 🤷‍♂️
For a casual player, there is incentive in trying to go from bronze to silver. But with the crazy amount of practicing that is needed to reach gold results (especially when you're on your sofa with a controller and not sitting in a multi thousand €€€ sim racing rig - and when you're only doing it a couple hours after work), it's not really much fun. And then it feels almost more like a rip-off than the broken roulette, because there is absolutely no incentive in trying harder to reach "all silver" anywhere...

Not enough ingame stats. I understand Kudos Prime have plenty stats, but I’d like to go to My Page and see most of a particular car bought, favourite car, most used track, etc. GT Sport shows those stats for Sport Mode. GT7 should have those stats for World Circuit play.

Don't forget GT6 had a version of Sport Mode. Can't remember what they called it but it was there.

Wasn't it just the online quick races? I remember them always being empty and always being the same, so it needed to be overhauled.

Not enough ingame stats. I understand Kudos Prime have plenty stats, but I’d like to go to My Page and see most of a particular car bought, favourite car, most used track, etc. GT Sport shows those stats for Sport Mode. GT7 should have those stats for World Circuit play.

I hope this becomes reimplemented at some point. It helps give a more accurate view of how I played the game when I look at it in retrospect.

Time spent using specific cars might also be a good stat to add.

20210809_012237.jpg

I don't remember if it was changed, but free run never updates the odometer, so my longest (distance) driven car could be very different from what is actually displayed in the car list.

Wasn't it just the online quick races? I remember them always being empty and always being the same, so it needed to be overhauled.

I hope this becomes reimplemented at some point. It helps give a more accurate view of how I played the game when I look at it in retrospect.

Time spent using specific cars might also be a good stat to add.

View attachment 1292509

I don't remember if it was changed, but free run never updates the odometer, so my longest (distance) driven car could be very different from what is actually displayed in the car list.
Quick Match I think they were called on GT6

I wish we could have more than 3 cars in scapes.
I actually want MORE drifting. I wish there was a competitive mode for drifting online.
Speaking of drifting, the other day I went into a lobby to try out a new build. The host starts a race(for some reason). I assumed he wanted pictures or something. Idk as there was NO COMMUNICATION. I think the host wanted to group drifting but I was in a GR.3 so I was moving pretty fast. On the last lap, I pull off a perfect 360 entry into turn 1 on Suzuka and at the end of the race, the host disconnects and I dont get a chance to save the replay? ******* ****!:irked: I wish there was a way we could still get those replays from lobbies.
The soundtrack in general. Idk what happened between GT 6 and sport but it fell off HARD.

accept my apologies for not looking closer at picture, but still that lap counter and timing lights in game are a static items and cannot be dynamically updated.

This is such a silly comment. Of course they can. Polyphony just CHOOSES not to because they’re lazy, low-effort incompetent game developers who know people will defend them no matter what.

background elements being static is a DESIGN CHOICE polyphony made because they didn’t feel like bothering to implement anything beyond the most basic levels of realism. There are racing games from the 90s that had more dynamic environments.

Last edited:
This is such a silly comment. Of course they can. Polyphony just CHOOSES not to because they’re lazy, low-effort incompetent game developers who know people will defend them no matter what.

background elements being static is a DESIGN CHOICE polyphony made because they didn’t feel like bothering to implement anything beyond the most basic levels of realism. There are racing games from the 90s that had more dynamic environments.
ok ok ok

Back