The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

• Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,369 comments
Dear Princess Celestia

Over the past couple of days, I've learned that if I allow the things that piss me off to get to me, I can lose friends in the process. I'm still trying to get over it, but it may take time. I hope to make amends for my dumbass-ness to those I've lost.

Your faithful subject
Nick​
P.S. Luna asked me for my PSN ID, It's race_emhard. tell her I look forward to seeing her online:)

Dear Princess Celestia

Over the past couple of days, I've learned that if I allow the things that piss me off to get to me, I can lose friends in the process. I'm still trying to get over it, but it may take time. I hope to make amends for my dumbass-ness to those I've lost.

Your faithful subject
Nick​
P.S. Luna asked me for my PSN ID, It's race_emhard. tell her I look forward to seeing her online:)

If this is an apology for being a 🤬 by joining GTPartisans then you have been forgiven. Just don't do anything stupid like that again 👍 .

That was actually my 2nd letter. The first was after I admitted I lied about being test driver for Nissan.

taste_like_angle_by_keanno-d4zkb83.gif

Source

Some great Zecora art for Garrett with some awesome TwiDash for me :D:
secrets_of_the_everfree_by_harwicks_art-d4zin00.jpg

Source

Speaking of Zecora:

zecora_by_agatrix-d4yzr7v.jpg

Source

If the auction hadn't already ended, then Garrett would have probably thrown a bid of his own in to try and get this.

Also, something he would most likely hate for whatever reason:
great_powerboop_by_deathpwny-d4znkjp.png

Source

Damn, that's a nice Zecora.

And I thought that I would post my MLP essay.

MLP

Reasons why I think My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, is a great TV show.
(Many people would think that a teenager watching a show about cartoon ponies would have something wrong with him, but this is not true. In fact, the main demographic for the show is the 13-34 year old male bracket. Normal people of all ages, races, religions, sexes, ideals, and sexual preferences have all been captivated by this wonderful show.)
Before I begin I would just like to say that this show has nothing to do with the previous versions from the 80s and 90s. If you approach it with an open mind you will be drawn in by its many fantastic qualities, one of which is the animation.
There are many videos on Youtube just analyzing the Flash based animation. Everything is very fluid and 99% of the time the physics of the hair, moving objects etc, are just as they should be. (Rainbow Dash breaking the sound barrier and having her shockwave turn into a flat, exploding rainbow disk is one of several exceptions.) If you really want to appreciate the animation then you can slow down a scene and analyze all of the complicated and clever movements, such as a haybale that is getting thrown, acting as a wipe transition. Using Flash also gives a very colourful, clean look to the show. The simplicity works with the physics to create a very enjoyable package.
But the animation would be useless if there was nothing to animate.
The characters are varied and have different personalities. Twilight Sparkle (smart one), Rarity (posh), Rainbow Dash (athletic/jock), Fluttershy (kind, quiet), Pinkie Pie (party party party), and Applejack (southerner, also my favourite character).
The voice acting is also very well done, wit each voice matching the characters perfectly. For example, in the season 2 premiere, the villain (Discord, representing chaos and disharmony), was voiced by John De Lancie (“Q” from Star Trek.)
One of the best things about the characters is that they have flaws. They are not perfect and often make mistakes, like in real life. All of the ponies have become mentally unstable at least once, Pinkie became schizophrenic when she thought that her friends had abandoned her.
Content: The reason that the program appeals to 20 year olds is that the content of the show is entertaining. No adult would enjoy it if the characters talked about sunshine and tea party crap all the time.
The jokes used int the show will actually make you laugh, and there are a lot of references that kids won’t get but adults will. One famous example is the characters of “The big Lebowski” ponified and put into a scene at a bowling alley.
There are songs that occur about every 3-5 episodes (kids show), but almost every song is very well done and appeals to the older generation as much as it does for young viewers.
The plot of the show ranges form native American/Westerner standoffs to Parasprites invading the town and everything in between. And nobody can say that Rainbow Dash breaking the sound barrier and having an explosion of colour rip across the sky is anything but awesome.
The plain and simple fact is that the show entertains, and that is why people watch it.
Community: The reason that the show exploded in popularity is because of the community. People started posting pictures and small clips (GIFs) from the show on websites and forums. A lot of people were curious as to what exactly was so appealing about a show for little girls.
Most finally caved in and decided to watch an episode to see what all the fuss was about. Almost everyone who gave it a shot enjoyed it and kept watching.
When you dive deeper into the community, it is so incredible at how much content people have produced. Music videos, artwork, music, stories, some of the stuff that people have made is just incredible. (I’m listening to a fan made song right now.) The amount and quality of the fan made creations gives you something to look at in between episodes. Most Bronies (MLP fans), are good people. They have the ability to look past stereotypes and don’t care what other people think, because THEY like it.
Overall, I just love the show and its community. They have brought so much more happiness into my life and I went from barely passing courses to having a good shot at getting on the honor roll this year. (Maybe not all the show, but the timeframes coincide with each other.) All in all, I think that everyone should give it a try, it could change their life, it’s changed mine.

James

twilight__s_headphones_by_drawalandraw-d4zntf7.png

Source

It's....I like it. But it's not up to the standards of the others.

All I wanted was some cute Twi with headphones on....

*sigh*

MLP

Great essay...

That is really good. I'm assuming you wrote and handed this in before the show got nominated for awards. If you haven't handed it in, then you could mention that its music has been nominated for an Emmy Award, and the show has been nominated elsewhere for best program, best direction, overall sound and yet again, musical score.

It's....I like it. But it's not up to the standards of the others.

All I wanted was some cute Twi with headphones on....

*sigh*

We all did, but that looks like a WIP that never got finished.

*Sigh*

185076%20-%20Artist%3AJoey_Darkmeat%20Trixie%20twidoll.png

Source

That plushie was subjected to passionate love-making. Trixie's going to have to scrub harder than that.

Last edited:
^lol
^^ Thanks! And wow, I did not know about the awards.
I did hand it in and got a mark of 98%. (It was combined with an essay on FWDvsRWD control, front wheel vs rear wheel slide vs rear wheel grip steering on a bike, and on how you can't compare the Spoon Civic to a ricer.)

Daniel Ingram getting Emmy nominations? Now this is exciting. FRIENDSHIP CONQUERS ALL! Not familiar with the Leo awards, but I'm still liking this sound of this. Night.

Daniel Ingram getting Emmy nominations? Now this is exciting. FRIENDSHIP CONQUERS ALL! Not familiar with the Leo awards, but I'm still liking this sound of this. Night.

It is, not only can we just say that the show is good, we can say that it's been Emmy nominated. And quite likely Emmy award winning. Because Daniel Ingram doesn't just have one song from the show in there... But TWO!! Only if Smile and This Day Aria were released in 2011, then Daniel would win for sure. Maybe next year. ;)

Great essay, Bopop4!

Oh, I forgot to post this yesterday. ^_^'

request___guarding_the_night_by_inuhoshi_to_darkpen-d4zl19n.png

link
Looks like they are having that "awkward silence" moment, haha.

Night ponies are kinda scary, lol. XD

Last edited:
Speaking of Zecora:

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/128/3/4/zecora_by_agatrix-d4yzr7v.jpg

If the auction hadn't already ended, then Garrett would have probably thrown a bid of his own in to try and get this.

Also, something he would most likely hate for whatever reason:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/133/c/5/great_powerboop_by_deathpwny-d4znkjp.png
Source

Seems legit... :dopey:

Damn, that's a nice Zecora.

*Awesome Essay*

James

That seems to be a very good essay that you have written there. Good luck for the awards 👍 !

Great essay, Bopop4!

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2..._the_night_by_inuhoshi_to_darkpen-d4zl19n.png

I find that those yellow eyes freak me out somewhat speaking of scary night ponies... O_O

Great essay, Bopop4!

*awesomeness in an image format*

link

That looks great. Love the detailed manes.
You've really come a long way. 👍

Great to see that he went along with it and returned a voice recording. It's the sort of thing you would expect him to do though, I guess.

John DeLancie is a God...

The one on the left looks kinda freaky. Interesting to see Fy in that style, though...

Also, I seriously hope Ingram wins an Emmy, he does some stellar work. That, and it'll be interesting to see how the likes of Smile, smile, smile and This Day Aria do next year.

It is, not only can we just say that the show is good, we can say that it's been Emmy nominated. And quite likely Emmy award winning. Because Daniel Ingram doesn't just have one song from the show in there... But TWO!! Only if Smile and This Day Aria were released in 2011, then Daniel would win for sure. Maybe next year. ;)

Yeah, the fun has been doubled. Now I'm actually excited for the Emmys. I'm sure This Day Aria will get on there next year. We just have to wait for the clock to tick.

Back