The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Hmmmm...I do not think so, here's my example in the picture
rrr10.jpg

That's odd... all of the pictures of boxes that I have been able to find so far support what I stated earlier. Very strange.

Well mine is a 16100, a UK wheel but in a US box (with marker pen covering 'US'), and the 'V.2' is a sticker... some pretty novel inventory management by Thrustmaster it seems?

Well mine is a 16100, a UK wheel but in a US box (with marker pen covering 'US'), and the 'V.2' is a sticker... some pretty novel inventory management by Thrustmaster it seems?

Yeah lol. Makes you wonder at what point and why someone said "Oh, you know, let's put the UK cord in here. Make sure you cross out the US on the box..." :)

Just updated the firmware for the wheel. The only thing I have a problem is is that the axis of the wheel at 50% is not actually level. The wheel (and the red tape) is actually level at 50.2%. Doesn't sound like much but it definitely looks and feels a tiny bit off. Is there a remedy for this?

Just updated the firmware for the wheel. The only thing I have a problem is is that the axis of the wheel at 50% is not actually level. The wheel (and the red tape) is actually level at 50.2%. Doesn't sound like much but it definitely looks and feels a tiny bit off. Is there a remedy for this?

mine was the same way when i got it, off to the left a twinge. i did the manual calibration that mrbasher linked to and no problems ever since.

Hello Guys,
Been reading a lot here, and wiser for it, never before had much to add, so kept quite :)
How ever, I have just seen this:
http://www.frys.com/product/6501043

Brand new T500RS in-store only 399$, that's a good deal, unfortunately for me, I'm from Israel so it is a bit of an issue for me to pick it up locally :)
But I'm sure some of you guys can enjoy that price.

Have a nice day, and share if you got one.

Add one to the club- just got my T500 2 days ago- boy did they say ForceFeedback??? I only run it at 60%, GSC feels so good - so 'sharp'- ( coming from GT3 RS.and G27 previously) - I am actually avoiding the thumb rest spot on the wheel- there are times where I honestly think it almost got caught there during turns and got yanked couple of times- ouch
now I am considering doing the bodin load cell mod- i use CSP now I know it sounds crazy right. but I can't play GT5 or WRC anymore - anyone here tried both the csp and the bodin LC mod?

The pedals are quite good really. If you mostly play the PC simulations and it´s only GT5 you want the T500 RS pedals would surely do the trick for most. I am still experimenting with mine but it´s getting better and better for each day. I don´t blame the pedals for being slow that´s for sure... But for GT5 where it´s often unrealistic to run without ABS it should probably be good enough?

There is surely a V2 of the Bodin LC mod on it´s way so I wouldn´t be to quick to get that anyway. Personally I am not at all sure that I personally will feel the need at all. It´s really good. And I used club sport pedals and even CST pedals in the past. The latter it can´t compare to but I don´t think there is a lot that does in the simracing world :).

Thanks for the quick reply OQVIST - yeah i know V2 is coming - at least we (t500 users) have options now .
the thing is I tested the T5 pedal , it feels nicer/much more similar to my real car to press than the CSP (I know right- sounds crazy/ but that's probably they use the same spring to the car pedal of real car) however when I start skip barbering - I smashed the brake pedal so hard everytime, I feel like Im learning to walk the first time again-(used to the LC I guess). now I have to modulate my distance of my foot instead of pressure.

the T5 wheel is very very good - Im very happy with it - got the left notch feel when I got it - a little to the left on the wheel - but when the wheel turned on - it's gone. update to firmware 4.0 and latest driver - the notch is totally gone now- so it must be when it's new.

also I was like 50.3% when I put my wheel in the centre- so the driver think it's off centre- did the calibration process- fully LEft -> fully RIGHT -> centre -> and press START, SELECT , MODE all the same time, it is now always centred (50%) dead centre - every time even after restart and power off computer.

I LOVE THIS WHEEL - it's just feel so sharp - so very accurate. :D
THRUSTMASTER - you did well in my book 👍👍👍

Next up... http://youtu.be/V7BU8Wt_RR8 a WIP still

Last edited:
I was able to pick up this wheel for that crazy price on black friday from pc nation! I also ordered the shifter from amazon. I've always felt the wheel was too expensive. Thank you black friday, for changing my mind LOL. I told myself that I'd reward me by opening the huge box after my final exams, and I did just that. :)

My old wheel is an g25, in which I'm planning on selling. The larger wheel diameter along with smoother motors makes the cars feel more accurate. In gt5, I have the force feedback level set at 5. At level 10, cars start to feel like a go-kart with no power steering LOL. Overall I'm happy with it!

Out of curiosity, when did you order and what version did you get? It will say on the outside of the outer cardboard box.

I know that i have got a T500RS, Th8RS and F1 addon because I saw it on my mum and dad's amazon order list. The wait is killing me. 17 days!

Out of curiosity, when did you order and what version did you get? It will say on the outside of the outer cardboard box.

I placed an order on the saturday after black friday. When it arrived, it said V2 along with 16100. I guess pc nation was getting rid of old stock. :confused:

got the left notch feel when I got it - a little to the left on the wheel - but when the wheel turned on - it's gone. update to firmware 4.0 and latest driver - the notch is totally gone now- so it must be when it's new.

also I was like 50.3% when I put my wheel in the centre- so the driver think it's off centre- did the calibration process- fully LEft -> fully RIGHT -> centre -> and press START, SELECT , MODE all the same time, it is now always centred (50%) dead centre - every time even after restart and power off computer
Not my experience sadly. It's now been about two weeks since I received mine, and since setting a correct centre point and reaching the conclusion that the off-centre notch was due to being left in this position in storage for at least a year, I have given the wheel a lot of use and ensured that I store it in a position away from this notch each time - and it's not going away. And it only centres itself exactly after startup once every 5 or 6 times - I think this is mostly to do with the temperature, and maybe still slightly relating to the notch. It calibrates correctly - a high centre spring in the driver instantly bringing it straight proves this, although I never leave that on in sims.

That's interesting... I never thought to look at the bottom of my wheel haha
Check your pedals while you're at it - is there still a typo on the newer versions? (Mine proudly says 'T500 RS Redal Set V.2')

All that version number is for is the firmware that is installed on the wheel.
Well after 8 (yes, 8) lengthy discussions with Amazon staff over 2 weeks I finally got them to tell me that they have V.5s in stock now. As it's taken so long to acquire this information, I'm inclined not to believe it, and the cynical side of me is thinking that they just said that to shut me up. But I have now asked for a replacement, which should be arriving in the next few days, so we shall see if it is indeed a V.5 - at which point I will happily do a direct comparison between the V.2 and the V.5 to see whether your statement has any truth to it.

(Prospective buyers beware - don't assume that a T500 bought from Amazon.co.uk today will be a V.5 based on what they have told me, so don't blame me if it isn't! ;))

Check your pedals while you're at it - is there still a typo on the newer versions? (Mine proudly says 'T500 RS Redal Set V.2')

Where does it say the Redal thing? haha I'll have to check that out

Wonder if it´s advicable to shut the power to the wheel when not in use. I don´t see a power button so would have to unplug the power cord?

If I unplug the USB from either the PC or PS3, the fan powers down immediately, when they could have easily given it the intelligence to continue spinning on the mains power. The fact that they allow it to shutdown as soon as you pull the USB suggests to me that it's also totally fine to pull the power cord too.

My fan *never* shuts off by itself now so I always unplug it.

That's not normal behavior and started when the fan went faulty and before I noticed the lack of fan the unit got hot and possibly the temperature sensor got fried. I replaced the fan, but since then the fan doesn't shut off automatically even when the PS3 is off and the wheel is idle for hours. Therefore I unplug it after I shut off the PS3 and haven't had any problems and it's been about 4 months.

I used to leave it plugged in 24/7.

...and that statement is based on what source?

He's actually right. That is of course if Thrustmaster's tech support isn't blowing smoke because that's what they emailed me. I ordered two from Black Friday for my brother and myself (one of them was V.2 and the other was V.5) and when comparing both of them we didn't notice any visual/internal differences. Someone said that the rubber quality is better on the later revisions....false unless it applies to V.6 and up. We updated the firmware to V.40 before anything since it wouldn't make sense to compare with different versions installed. We also tried to distinguish between the torsion springs and the new compression springs and didn't notice any feel difference as well.

I just checked the pedals. Mine says V2. Oh well, as I guessed, the company was clearing out old stock. So far I'm happy with my wheel, though.

Latest Posts

Back