The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
qt
He's actually right. That is of course if Thrustmaster's tech support isn't blowing smoke because that's what they emailed me. I ordered two from Black Friday for my brother and myself (one of them was V.2 and the other was V.5) and when comparing both of them we didn't notice any visual/internal differences. Someone said that the rubber quality is better on the later revisions....false unless it applies to V.6 and up. We updated the firmware to V.40 before anything since it wouldn't make sense to compare with different versions installed. We also tried to distinguish between the torsion springs and the new compression springs and didn't notice any feel difference as well.

This discussion already took place some months ago...

TM tech support has stated, that version number only refers to pre-installed FW. But this statement was wrong. They also changed the springs of the pedals. All V1 and V2 and some V3 have torsion springs. All V4 and V5 and some V3 have compression springs. I don't know if they changed anything else. Some rumors say, that also the cooling fan was revised in later versions. I never heard about different rubber or other changes...

qt
He's actually right. That is of course if Thrustmaster's tech support isn't blowing smoke because that's what they emailed me.

LOL, read Mahnegold's post above or the quote below, thats' why I asked the question, he's not actually right. Smoke it seems to be.

TM tech support has stated, that version number only refers to pre-installed FW. But this statement was wrong. They also changed the springs of the pedals. All V1 and V2 and some V3 have torsion springs. All V4 and V5 and some V3 have compression springs. I don't know if they changed anything else. Some rumors say, that also the cooling fan was revised in later versions. I never heard about different rubber or other changes...

Thanks Mahne for setting things straight.

LOL, read Mahnegold's post above or the quote below, thats' why I asked the question, he's not actually right. Smoke it seems to be.

Yeah my bad, I meant to say he was right with the exception of the pedals (I assumed it was common knowledge). :sly:

With P&G3 I have it on default with the patched profile. So that means it indicates G25 in the game, Medium feedback, and I've turned the strength down to about 68.

900 degrees in the driver, overall forces at 60.

Update on my Amazon situation - received the replacement today, didn't even come in an outer cardboard box, so the product packaging was in a fairly poor condition compared to the first one I received. There's also no way of telling the version number from this, so I thought 'well if it never came in an outer box, how did they verify with me that it was a version 5?'... and thus... I open it... it's another V.2. Yayyy.

I can only imagine that either they were just making it up as I first feared, or perhaps the person who checked the stock saw this one without its brown box, spotted the GT5 logo on the side, and assumed that's what I meant.

I spoke to another supervisor, they still don't seem to understand... they're taking the damn thing off the website while they 'check it'. Sigh.

So if I buy a new one, I should look for a V4 or V5.... to get the most recent, with better springs....?

It depends on how much you care about that...

I bought my T500 after V5 was out and I got a V1 or 2 (don't know exactly) and kept it.

Should the springs break some day, I will contact TM for a "revised" pedal set.

I have a v5 and the pedals have the comp springs! But the fan i had to take it apart to fix it they didnt tighten it was loose and when it came on it was rubbing on the heat sink! Fixed and all is good now:)

I had my T500 delivered yesterday, V2 in a V4 box.

It will only calibrate in slow calibration mode, in quick calibration mode it will just jerk slightly from left to right.

Should I consider this as faulty and return it or is it no big deal?

I had my T500 delivered yesterday, V2 in a V4 box.

It will only calibrate in slow calibration mode, in quick calibration mode it will just jerk slightly from left to right.

Should I consider this as faulty and return it or is it no big deal?

I'm seeing kinda the same behaviour sometimes.

Usually it goes to the right, immediately to the left (or vice versa? whatever) and back to the center. Sometimes it's locked to the right for 3 seconds, then locked to the left for 3 seconds and goes back to the center afterwards. Not sure if that's the same but it's like that for months and I've never had any issues so far. :)

I'm seeing kinda the same behaviour sometimes.

Usually it goes to the right, immediately to the left (or vice versa? whatever) and back to the center. Sometimes it's locked to the right for 3 seconds, then locked to the left for 3 seconds and goes back to the center afterwards. Not sure if that's the same but it's like that for months and I've never had any issues so far. :)

Sorry, I didn't explain the problem very clearly.

The wheel will repeatedly go left and right by about 20 to 25 degrees and never stops until I turn off the power.

The same happens whether it is on the PS3 or the PC.

Hey guys I am planning on getting an aftermarket steering wheel for my t500rs, my question is if anyone knows the physical weight of the t500rs gt rim. I would like to know this because I'm trying to get something lighter or around the same weight of the current rim.

So the other night I discover my gas pedal is not always going wide open. It would flutter at 7/8 sometimes 3/4 of full throttle. Then go full.

It was common when I let of and picked up throttle on exits. I was asked by a friend why my car is slow. I was like it should be fine. All specs out. No tune same cars. Same guy notices it later and says something matter with your car. Watch your throttle bar. I did. Turn seen the flutter. Was like. REALLY?!?!

I thought my pedal felt soft tue last month or more. However it was seemingly working fine.

So now I've had a broken spring in the throttle pedal before. It got floppy though. So having a replacement on my rig and the old set sitting. I knew the "clutch" pedal wa still good. I had moved it over to throttle on older pedals when throttle spring broke.

So took this good pedal and cut the wires. De soldered the current broken gas pedal. Get the old clutch turned gas installed and soldered back to the board. Viola! Problem solved. I noticed the stiffer pedal. This led me to go check spring on throttle I just removed. Ah ha! It is broken just not floppy. So now to contact Thrustmaster again.

I've got the paddle and fan fix in the mix with them. Time to video the spring and old pedal that flops. How them the color coded wiring that is specific to throttle pedal.

Hopefully this time after breaking two torsion spring styles. I can talk them into sending the new version with compression springs!!!

Personally I feel it only makes sense to send the updated problem fixed model.

Will report back on what shakes out.

Hey guys I am planning on getting an aftermarket steering wheel for my t500rs, my question is if anyone knows the physical weight of the t500rs gt rim. I would like to know this because I'm trying to get something lighter or around the same weight of the current rim.

My bathroom scales says it's 1.4lbs.

Whats with the thread title? :confused:

mrbasher
The last post by TomN was on October 09th 2011. It's possible this is not him

5FF0B8F5-E268-43CF-B928-FA9515A9FBBA-2081-000002102B33FBC7.jpg

Last Activity doesn't necessarily mean posting. I am inferring that someone besides him may be using the account. The thread was edited by his user today.

mrbasher
Last Activity doesn't necessarily mean posting. I am inferring that someone besides him may be using the account. The thread was edited by his user today.

I see what you mean. So we at sure it was his account that edited it today. I'll report my own post and ask for it to be changed.

I see what you mean. So we at sure it was his account that edited it today. I'll report my own post and ask for it to be changed.

The bottom of his post states the following:

Last edited by TomN; Today at 3:34 PM. Reason: General Update

That is added automatically by the system. I'm not sure, maybe it was just him. Just seems like a very odd thing to do. :)

Last I checked the thread title would have to be modified using the advanced edit function by the userID TomN the thread was created under.

I am under the assumption he would not do this :odd: if not, then it could be :mischievous: especially if this catches admin-level attention.

Last edited:
My bathroom scales says it's 1.4lbs.

Whats with the thread title? :confused:

Thrustmaster advertize it´s more then 1 kg for "natural inertia"? If you stand on your scale with and without the wheel? I measured the F1 Integral will with wii fit that measured in at 1 kilo just like my rmd malaga 320 mm wheel.

I don´t know how accurate the wii fit is but going by my weight it seem decently accurate.

Thrustmaster advertize it´s more then 1 kg for "natural inertia"? If you stand on your scale with and without the wheel? I measured the F1 Integral will with wii fit that measured in at 1 kilo just like my rmd malaga 320 mm wheel.

I don´t know how accurate the wii fit is but going by my weight it seem decently accurate.

With this method its 2 pounds. Before I put the wheel by itself. Maybe someone has something more accurate than a bathroom scale. :dopey:

So the other night I discover my gas pedal is not always going wide open. It would flutter at 7/8 sometimes 3/4 of full throttle. Then go full.

It was common when I let of and picked up throttle on exits. I was asked by a friend why my car is slow. I was like it should be fine. All specs out. No tune same cars. Same guy notices it later and says something matter with your car. Watch your throttle bar. I did. Turn seen the flutter. Was like. REALLY?!?!

I thought my pedal felt soft tue last month or more. However it was seemingly working fine.

So now I've had a broken spring in the throttle pedal before. It got floppy though. So having a replacement on my rig and the old set sitting. I knew the "clutch" pedal wa still good. I had moved it over to throttle on older pedals when throttle spring broke.

So took this good pedal and cut the wires. De soldered the current broken gas pedal. Get the old clutch turned gas installed and soldered back to the board. Viola! Problem solved. I noticed the stiffer pedal. This led me to go check spring on throttle I just removed. Ah ha! It is broken just not floppy. So now to contact Thrustmaster again.

I've got the paddle and fan fix in the mix with them. Time to video the spring and old pedal that flops. How them the color coded wiring that is specific to throttle pedal.

Hopefully this time after breaking two torsion spring styles. I can talk them into sending the new version with compression springs!!!

Personally I feel it only makes sense to send the updated problem fixed model.

Will report back on what shakes out.

Hi Owens,
How is it going with your issue?
Looks like we have the same problem, again.. Haha
Just a few nights ago i noticed a snap on my brake pedal (v3)
I bought the wheel May 2011, and recieved replacement springs on January 2012.
Do you think I can claim for another set of springs or maybe the revised pedal set?

diptob79
Hi Owens,
How is it going with your issue?
Looks like we have the same problem, again.. Haha
Just a few nights ago i noticed a snap on my brake pedal (v3)
I bought the wheel May 2011, and recieved replacement springs on January 2012.
Do you think I can claim for another set of springs or maybe the revised pedal set?

I'm planning on making the video to send them tonight.

All you can do is contact them. Explain. Express concern with more breakage and would prefer to have the upgraded/updated design.

Hopefully they understand and are in a good mood.

I'm planning on making the video to send them tonight.

All you can do is contact them. Explain. Express concern with more breakage and would prefer to have the upgraded/updated design.

Hopefully they understand and are in a good mood.

Thanks, will try that.

About the throttle and brake, i was having problem a few months back, it was spiking on GT5 indicator and maxed only at 90%.
i figured it was the potentiometer, try to shift the potentiometer, 1 step /cog and it will be fine.

T500RS windows drivers...

Amazingly I finally had time to hook the T500RS up to my Windows box today to give Dirt 3 on Windows a try, and of course thrustmaster's website is down, so I can't download the drivers.

Does anyone know of an alternative driver download site for Thrustmaster drivers? Somewhere that doesn't just link directly back to the Thrustmater ftp site? If so, please post! Thanks!

Latest Posts

Back