The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
I actually figured out a cool thing, regarding the cooling, today. My wheel takes a really long time (~40 minutes - yes, inside the specified range by Thrustmaster) to cool off, after usage. Today, I had a normal plate in the fridge and I thought, well I might as well try putting it on top of the motor, and it actually made the wheel cool faster. Though, if anyone should attempt this, be very carefully as some water might form and start dripping into the electronics.

Anyway, I'm almost certain my fan's broken. It's very noisy when it starts, - more than usual - but then it sort of "calm down". Is this normal? I'll try to get a video up, when I use it the next time.

How I play The Last of Us :P

Just to clarify, the wheel in your post's picture is the standard T500 GT rim, but adorned with John Bodin Ferrari Bling, not the new 458 rim correct?

How is it? The static paddles bother you? Size difference?

Really considering ordering this wheel.

I also removed my static paddle shifters after getting the 458 rim. Thrustmaster has a great How I play The Last of Us :P[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, the wheel in your post's picture is the standard T500 GT rim, but adorned with John Bodin Ferrari Bling, not the new 458 rim correct?

How is it? The static paddles bother you? Size difference?

Really considering ordering this wheel.

I also removed my static paddle shifters after getting the 458 rim. Thrustmaster has a great PDF with easy removal instructions.

I have large hands and the clearance between the statics and 458 paddles was a bit cramped. I also have the TH8RS so I use that with the GT wheel now for NASCAR cars and cars that have H-shifters.

It is a bit on the small side, but the rotating paddles make a big difference."]PDF with easy removal instructions.

I have large hands and the clearance between the statics and 458 paddles was a bit cramped. I also have the TH8RS so I use that with the GT wheel now for NASCAR cars and cars that have H-shifters.

It is a bit on the small side, but the rotating paddles make a big difference.

Last edited:
I actually figured out a cool thing, regarding the cooling, today. My wheel takes a really long time (~40 minutes - yes, inside the specified range by Thrustmaster) to cool off, after usage. Today, I had a normal plate in the fridge and I thought, well I might as well try putting it on top of the motor, and it actually made the wheel cool faster. Though, if anyone should attempt this, be very carefully as some water might form and start dripping into the electronics.

Anyway, I'm almost certain my fan's broken. It's very noisy when it starts, - more than usual - but then it sort of "calm down". Is this normal? I'll try to get a video up, when I use it the next time.

sounds like my ps3 before yesterday. it would get very noisy and yesterday I vacuumed and compress aired the fans and now it's too quiet

I also removed my static paddle shifters after getting the 458 rim. I have large hands and the clearance between the statics and 458 paddles was a bit cramped. I also have the TH8RS so I use that with the GT wheel now for NASCAR cars and cars that have H-shifters.

It is a bit on the small side, but the rotating paddles make a big difference.

correct

Your fan's bearings sound like there shot, yes its normal for it to quiet back down a bit after coming on line after it gets warmed up.

I had the same issue, Thrustmaster promptly sent me a replacement, it gets installed in slightly different location then the original. Mine runs cooler and much quieter now.

'received mine yesterday...i like it so far and for the price I'm not complaining..I don't have the f1 rim and this wheel is perfect for all around use.
9097783338_53c22daa17_c.jpg

9095519725_a4767352d3_c.jpg

9103342378_234afee4ff_z.jpg

i was curious to find out if bigger wheel might work with some mod?
9097902652_448d42c5cf_z.jpg

9103375240_58b4057d97_z.jpg

:P nah. I'm just waiting for the rim I ordered to show up (the one I want to attach) Hopefully it's not junky as it was only $55

I'm trying to update my Firmware but no success.. Then I've just removed all TM data and downloaded V41 firmware (ideally) from official site, but still no luck, the crap keeps telling me "V40" and "You have the latest version". Anyone went through this?

This first time I downloaded the firmware it told I had v30. I downloaded it again without uninstalling and it gave me v41. Hope it works for you!

Make sure the wheel is not plugged into a USB 3.0 slot. USB 3.0 slots are blue inside. Plug it in another slot and try again. Also, but sure to run the "Update Service" by going to Start/All Programs/Thrustmaster/T500 RS Racing Wheel/Update Service.

Doing the update service should install the latest software on the PC. Then run the Firmware Update.

Hmm my new Haswell computer only has usb 3 with legacy support. If I would update the firmware in the future would I have to do it on another computer :-)

Hmm my new Haswell computer only has usb 3 with legacy support. If I would update the firmware in the future would I have to do it on another computer :-)

There's a good chance or yes 100%

When I got a new wheel I accidently plugged in straight into a usb port and then flashed it, the wheel never worked and it was now unseen/dead n windows, after 5 minutes being sad I found it was in a usb3 intel port straight from mobo's io panel.

And STILL no way of getting one in the UK
jonstatt read this:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=639965956031143&set=a.178840155477061.47379.177715455589531&type=1&theater

It's mean that everyone can now also buy this wheel directly on Thrustmaster Store (price will depend of your country).
For this (and to have more details) just sent an E-mail here:
thrustmasteroutlet@thrustmaster.com

NB: Gameplay vid found on youtube:

Last edited:
Does anyone have any news about Thrustmaster – Official T500 RS Load Cell Mod ?
It just disappeared....

Acquired a Bodin Load cell and must say its everything i was hoping for. So for me, no way am I concerned with Thrustmasters Official load cell.

Go with John's unit and never look back. :)

What keeps the new Ferrari wheel button shifter part from bolting to the original wheel? That would a sweet option from Thrustmaster. Make a bolt on unit that has the paddles and same buttons for the original wheel.

I'm really considering that wheel option though.

Just joined the site to ask this since I am trying to get into simracing again.

Does anyone know what in the world is going on with the stock of the t500 rs? The only one available in the u.s. is on amazon at $699.99 for the f1 version and with the g27 being $199 refurb on newegg it's hard to pass up, but I know I won't be fully happy unless I get a Thrustmaster or Fanatec(even Fanatec's csr/csr elite aren't even in stock)

I am not necessarily looking for the f1 version of the t500 rs but the gt version is fine but I cannot find it anywhere. Even ebay is hard to the t500 on. I really do not want to pay $700 since I have read nothing but of the $350-500 price for the t500 in the past, but as I said compared to the $200 g27.... shrug...

Any help?

Thanks

Just joined the site to ask this since I am trying to get into simracing again.

Does anyone know what in the world is going on with the stock of the t500 rs? The only one available in the u.s. is on amazon at $699.99 for the f1 version and with the g27 being $199 refurb on newegg it's hard to pass up, but I know I won't be fully happy unless I get a Thrustmaster or Fanatec(even Fanatec's csr/csr elite aren't even in stock)

I am not necessarily looking for the f1 version of the t500 rs but the gt version is fine but I cannot find it anywhere. Even ebay is hard to the t500 on. I really do not want to pay $700 since I have read nothing but of the $350-500 price for the t500 in the past, but as I said compared to the $200 g27.... shrug...

Any help?

Thanks

Is that Amazon or a third party seller?

This first time I downloaded the firmware it told I had v30. I downloaded it again without uninstalling and it gave me v41. Hope it works for you!

Actually the Firmware updater lives a bit "hidden" in W8... But I finally installed V41 and guess what:

ALL simulators I have (GTR2, Rfactor, Rfactor2, RaceON) have issues now, and EVERY sessions. The wheel simply turns to one side and freezes there during racing, making impossible to drive.

I lost my confidence in this hardware, I'm not planning acquire a TM product anymore.

Yes, all updated. With V40 I got issues ocasionally, but after update to V41 it's no longer possible to drive.

Funny thing is the TM disclaimer: "Resolved a problem of the wheel randomly disconnecting in some PC games."

I know there's much people without problems as you, but unfortunately there's a large group with the same issues. It's a pity, the hardware is excellent when works, but it's not reliable for me.

Do you have the latest driver version as well installed?

I use V41 with the latest driver and have no problems.

Have a look here:

PC - DRIVERS FORCE FEEDBACK (Package 2013_TTRS_1) + Firmware V41

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=316&cid=15

have you tried to remove the driver, reboot the system, and install it again? (having the wheel unplugged, until the tool says to plug it in)

Back