The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
I don´t have any thermometer. I sent an email though with video of it will see if they respond. It should be very obvious this isn´t acceptable. Sounds like it run at half speed now and all that grinding.

Anyway I hope you don´t have to solder or anything to replace it? I watched some guide from fatkakr which involved soldering guns and what not. I confess I seriously dislike heavy modding I can do the nixim brake mod and SRW S1 button box mod and simple stuff like that or build water cooling setups etc but I don´t want to solder stuff or cut wires.

The fan is really easy to replace. No soldering invoked. Just typical screwdrivers, needle noses pliers, and wire cutters are needed. Rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball should be used to clean the area where the new fan will be placed. Depending on what version you currently have, the new fan will be put in a new position.

I have the latest revision. In the mean while I am helping it by a huge floor fan blowing tons of air towards the ffb engine side. Maybe it would be enough on it´s own going by hand it improved the temps a lot and much lower noise.

Btw is it normal that your T500RS get so hot you are almost getting burned on it. Long since the fan was in top shape but I feel it´s in a seriously bad shape now.

I have never had mine get that hot even running hours on end in the 6 months I have had it.
I would see about getting a replacement fan. Remember, the hotter most electronics devices run, the shorter their life span/higher chance of failure will be.

Fan issues are not unique to Thrustmaster, I had to replace the fans in most of the German-marketed, Chinese-manufactured wheels I owned, some more than once.

Fan issues are not unique to Thrustmaster, I had to replace the fans in most of the German-marketed, Chinese-manufactured wheels I owned, some more than once.

Really? Of all the people I know who own Fanatec wheels I have never heard of a fan failure yet. I have personally had 3 Fanatec wheels over a period of several years and not a single fan issue. FFB motors are a different story though. Also, why are you being obscure? If you want to make a comment about a company just come out and do it. I see a lot of negative remarks from you about Fanatec. It's fine to have a preference, but fan-boyism is not attractive. I only make that statement because there seem to be quite a few negative Fanatec-related comments by you lately.

Last edited:
my small fan on my fanatec became stupidly loud. it vibrated the whole base of the wheel. had to take the sticker off and pour oil down the hole under it.

You should read your own writing again. You may want to follow your own suggestion. ;-)

Heh, I don't think I try to push or attack any product. If there is a fault that I know of, I'm more than happy to spread the word, as instanced by my mention of Fanatec's ****ty FFB motors. My mentioning that fact has nothing to do with the fact that I contribute to a thread whose subject is modding Fanatec wheels. Clearly, in my opinion, or why didn't I post a link to the thread? I have just seen at least 2 anti-Fanatec posts by Jogo recently that also seem to be pushing the Thrusty. And I'm not the only one who has commented on it. He may have made comments about a French wheel at some point in time, I have no idea, but "German-designed, Chinese manufactured" points clearly to one maker, so why be obscure?

All that said, a fanboy clearly wouldn't say this: "In my opinion the Thrustmaster T500 wheel in stock form is certainly the equal of the CSW/Elite wheel in stock form, if not the better and more reliable of the two."

And yes, you can quote me on that.

Last edited:
You may want to revisit this comment eKretz, I don't think it agrees with the AUP.

I assume you're accusing me of being a liar or misleading?

Post 7595:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8619313#post8619313

Post 9477:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8605175#post8605175

I remember others not too long ago, but I don't feel like searching. These are clearly negative comments, so I don't know what you mean by violating the AUP. Maybe I am wrong about your seeming agenda, but that is the way it comes across to me.

However, we have already gone too far OT. I apologize to the rest of the readers. If you feel like further discussion, you are free to go to PM.

Last edited:
Hey guys, has anyone found a better button switch for paddle shift on f1 wheel? TM sent two new replacements and these are going to fail soon it seems. That click noise is fading on one of them. And the other is not shifting unless i pull harder than normal. Poor design IMO.

Hey guys, has anyone found a better button switch for paddle shift on f1 wheel? TM sent two new replacements and these are going to fail soon it seems. That click noise is fading on one of them. And the other is not shifting unless i pull harder than normal. Poor design IMO.

Replacement switches with significantly longer life cycles will soon be available from Basherboards and Bodin Solutions.

This is a email regarding a stripped screw in my new 458 wheel. Ridiculous that they want a photo of the stripped thread! Here is their request.

CUSTOMER SERVICE ANSWER

Following your Email we are informing you that we have not asked for a professional video recording or photo of the faulty screw; we need to firstly diagnose the exact issue in order to provide you with the correct solution.
Please ask a friend or relative to help you create the files and send them to us.
We thank you for your cooperation and for your understanding.
Thrustmaster Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page: http://ts.Thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact
Kind regards,
Your Thrustmaster Technical Support Agent, Robert

This is a email regarding a stripped screw in my new 458 wheel. Ridiculous that they want a photo of the stripped thread! Here is their request.

CUSTOMER SERVICE ANSWER

Following your Email we are informing you that we have not asked for a professional video recording or photo of the faulty screw; we need to firstly diagnose the exact issue in order to provide you with the correct solution.
Please ask a friend or relative to help you create the files and send them to us.
Thrustmaster Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page: http://ts.Thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact
Kind regards,

Just go to a hardware store and buy a 10 cent screw. BUT, what if the problem is internal with the female threads?

Just go to a hardware store and buy a 10 cent screw. BUT, what if the problem is internal with the female threads?

Did you order it straight from TM? The wheel is so new it seems like you should still have return policy to fall back on.

Up the bolts size to a standard fine thread. ;)

Most retailers have a 30 day exchange policy. I would just exchange it if possible.

You really should just contact the retailer and have them exchange it for you. Thrustmaster doesn't have stock on hand to send you a new one right now anyhow. (last I heard)

CUSTOMER SERVICE ANSWER

Kind regards,

I think it´s a bot that give you that reply. I knew they where going to ask for it so I supplied the video of my broken fan and guess what. They asked me to senda a video of the broken fan... I am not sure if I will actually hear from them again about this. First time the fan went nutty I only got that reply ;).

I think it´s a bot that give you that reply.

I think he got a human response because its signed;
Kind regards,

All the auto bot replys (usually confirming they have received the email) I have received are signed:

We have received your message following up your query received on xxxx.
An agent will be getting back to you about this as quickly as possible.
Kind regards,

The Thrustmaster team

You really should just contact the retailer and have them exchange it for you. Thrustmaster doesn't have stock on hand to send you a new one right now anyhow. (last I heard)

------------------------------------------------
mrbasher heard it from me and/or read my related post at ISR. That was the same reason Thrustmaster tech support advised me to get a replacement 458 rim from the retailer I purchased it from when I called about paddle shifter issues.

Who did you buy from Firecracker?

Last edited:
I have another issue, that's with the fan. It is a intermittent with noise and they want me to record the noise. Oh sure, like I'll sit and wait for who knows how long!! What the heck is the price of a new fan, just send one. They know of the fan problems. Why does everyone have to go the involved process to prove that the fan is bad? Ridiculous. IMO!!

I have another issue, that's with the fan. It is a intermittent with noise and they want me to record the noise. Oh sure, like I'll sit and wait for who knows how long!! What the heck is the price of a new fan, just send one. They know of the fan problems. Why does everyone have to go the involved process to prove that the fan is bad? Ridiculous. IMO!!

Yes I agree about that, its a bit of a hassle. I had to do the same.
Depending on your version of wheel the fan replacement may be a bit different than the one installed.

If so, then it comes with an adhesive-backed metal strip for mounting and a cable with an extension, so its not as simple as going out and getting the same spec. fan. Either way, they provide a PDF with detailed instructions.

Last edited:

Try explaining to them that is not a constant noise. Did you do that? What did they say in the reply email?

When I recorded my video, the fan was not LOUD and crackly as it was when I grabbed by phone. I even stated that while I was recording. I had no problem doing the repair with what they sent. The same "bot" replied to every email I've ever sent to them. They've even used human terms, like "you're welcome".

Back