The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
If it remains stationary with light torques and changes position with heavier torques, either the motor mount or the shaft the other pulley is on - or both- are probably just flexing under torque. It sounds like you're fine. Maybe check the motor mounting bolts and any other mounting bolts related to the motor and pulleys to make sure they haven't loosened, but it's entirely possible that you just have a normal amount of flex under torque.

I went ahead and purchased a T500 RS today, and I'm really impressed, the usual hiccups with the shifters but I'm sure ill get used to it pretty soon. I have a couple of things that slightly play on my mind, firstly the cable that plugs the pedals into the wheel base, wish they didn't use a phone type connector as they tend to snap if your regularly unplugging them I so I have ordered a spare RJ11/6 plug but I'm not sure my Ethernet crimping tool will do the job if needed. and the power connector is awfully stiff, I think I'm just being too protective of my new gadget but do you really have to yank it that hard? I have noticed the sheath seems to pull back but it didn't free my connector too easily.

Love it though and when I can afford a stand I wont need to worry about constantly plugging/unplugging but that's going to be a while.

Yesterday i made the decision not to buy a new wheel. Im going for the hydraulic mod for my g27 brake pedal, buy a DSD sequential shifter and im going to wait till my G27 dies on me. If i buy the TM now, i also pay for pedals, that i actually do not want. So...im gonna wait. For all of you buying the TM t500RS....im jealous!! Have a good race:tup:

I went ahead and purchased a T500 RS today, and I'm really impressed, the usual hiccups with the shifters but I'm sure ill get used to it pretty soon. I have a couple of things that slightly play on my mind, firstly the cable that plugs the pedals into the wheel base, wish they didn't use a phone type connector as they tend to snap if your regularly unplugging them I so I have ordered a spare RJ11/6 plug but I'm not sure my Ethernet crimping tool will do the job if needed. and the power connector is awfully stiff, I think I'm just being too protective of my new gadget but do you really have to yank it that hard? I have noticed the sheath seems to pull back but it didn't free my connector too easily.

Love it though and when I can afford a stand I wont need to worry about constantly plugging/unplugging but that's going to be a while.
Just out of curiosity, was your wheel in the new GT6 box? Did you get it in the US, EU, other?

Yesterday i made the decision not to buy a new wheel. Im going for the hydraulic mod for my g27 brake pedal, buy a DSD sequential shifter and im going to wait till my G27 dies on me. If i buy the TM now, i also pay for pedals, that i actually do not want. So...im gonna wait. For all of you buying the TM t500RS....im jealous!! Have a good race:tup:
I've seen a few T500s for sale sans pedals recently, check the buy/sell forums at inside sim racings page. I also saw that someone refit a G27 hydraulic mod to fit the T500's brake! I'm pretty interested in that, although I have the pedals Basher Mod-ded now and they work great IMO.

I like T500 RS's pedal set from a potential for modding stand point. The platform is much more robust than the G25/G27 so I feel like you maybe able to do more for it in the future. Though with the basher mod it is working quite well already.

It was from dabs.com in uk and it did come with the GT6 box.
Thanks. I'm debating getting the wheels myself and decided not to buy. It helped the fact that it was out of stock for more than a month; but now is available at most major retailers in the US

Thanks. I'm debating getting the wheels myself and decided not to buy. It helped the fact that it was out of stock for more than a month; but now is available at most major retailers in the US
I just got a T500RS from Amazon in the USA & it was in a GT6 box.

So, I'm looking to get a proper rim since I'm not too fond of the rubber. I'll probably go with 320/350mm.
My concern is the paddle shifters as I currently do not own an external shifter. Will I be able to reach them? Is there any mod solutions for this?

I think you should be able to reach them as good as with the stock rim... In the end though, it depends how long your fingers are, I guess. :lol:

I think you should be able to reach them as good as with the stock rim... In the end though, it depends how long your fingers are, I guess. :lol:

Damn, my fingers are quite short. Maybe I'll have to equip them with long fake nails ;)

I'd also say you'd obviously want to avoid getting a "deep dish" wheel.

I can easily hit the paddles with my 330mm wheel, but the wheel is flat and I have above average hands. So it's definitely a YMMV thing.

It´s not definiatly since I heard nobody got an issue yet. But most are clever and avoid deep dish. Mine is supposed to be flat but have some 2 cm dish anyway. It´s not a problem for me though. I am thinking of getting a 380 mm rim then it may be a bit borderland if you need to stretch. Dunno you never know until you tried.

Is there a way to attach a handbrake to the T500RS whilst using the TH8 shifter too?

No. The T500 does not have a jack that allows you to connect any shifter to it. The only other peripheral you can connect directly to the wheel are the T500 pedals.

I've seen a few T500s for sale sans pedals recently, check the buy/sell forums at inside sim racings page. I also saw that someone refit a G27 hydraulic mod to fit the T500's brake! I'm pretty interested in that, although I have the pedals Basher Mod-ded now and they work great IMO.
That sound interesting! The first thing im gonna do the the T500 is tear it appart to fit a nice slim quick release. Concering the pedals, from what i have seen so far, the best G27 brake mod is the "perfect pedal" from Gary Gibson. From what i have read in forums, it has the best pressure feel. It is expensive (costs a complete Fanatec Clubsport V2 set) but than i have a brake pedal for life (i hope) and i do not have to mod it anymore.
Yesterday i raced rF2 with the G27, FFB smooth settings to zero and when hitting the kerbs, my girl downstairs vibrated of the couch...mmm...NO! No dirty thoughts about my girl :)
Anyways, i need a new belt driven wheel....unless someone has figured out a fanatastic belt driven system for the G27 :)

I think if they have been out of stock there's a good chance you'll get the latest version, although with the software supplied it's really easy to update the firmware using a PC. I'd say jump in and do it, personally I think this wheel works at its best with assetto corsa, but I can't wait to use it with gt7 providing its ps4 compatible, I would be really annoyed if it didn't considering the price and the branding.

I would be really annoyed if it didn't considering the price and the branding.

This is my main issue. I know that PS4 didn't kill support for old gen devices (like the xbone did) leaving it open to developers to provide support and just by looking the number of wheels supported in GT6, I guess that's a good indication that the T500 will be supported in GT7 but stil....

I'm a bit worried as well, to be honest. But didn't the developer of Driveclub say the wheel was usable?

Hey guys i'm about to buy a T500 right now and i want to know where is the best place to buy it from!!! was thinking about Best Buy.com? and i would like the latest version

Unless you NEED a wheel now, and especially if you're looking forward to GT7 and PS4 games I don't know if I'd pull the trigger on a T500RS, since you have to believe that TM will do a new wheel for GT7. If I had to replace my T500RS today, I'd probably go for the TX. Half the price and ISR says that he really doesn't notice a difference.

Unless you NEED a wheel now, and especially if you're looking forward to GT7 and PS4 games I don't know if I'd pull the trigger on a T500RS, since you have to believe that TM will do a new wheel for GT7. If I had to replace my T500RS today, I'd probably go for the TX. Half the price and ISR says that he really doesn't notice a difference.

Well I don't Need a wheel right now i have a G27 setup, I just wanted to see what all the fuss is about. It's taken along time to decide on if i should get the wheel because i've been hearing about all the problems this wheel has been having. (With such a high price tag it should have no problems at all)

Has anyone ever mentioned what brand of motor it is? Is it a Chinese motor now, or are they getting a brushless motor from Buhler (Germany) too?

Back