The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
piggybacking on skazz's offtopic post, @mrbasher, i have purchased a T500RS brake mod from your website (to be shipped to Brazil) but i haven't received any messages other than the paypal receipt. can you pm me if my order went through?

piggybacking on skazz's offtopic post, @mrbasher, i have purchased a T500RS brake mod from your website (to be shipped to Brazil) but i haven't received any messages other than the paypal receipt. can you pm me if my order went through?

The order went through and I believe yours was shipped. I don't have a correlation between names on GTP and real life ;) so I can't say for sure. I believe it did though, in fact I put your address on it HUGE so that it can't be missed since Brazil is having a lot of issues lately actually DELIVERING the packages :(

I'm sending out the shipment notifications this morning for the stuff I sent Saturday as I did not have a chance to do so over the weekend. Keep an eye out for it.

@mrbasher : So what's the fix again for the hub screws coming loose :mad: Guess what I found on mine today... And it will take a bit of surgery to get the wheel off to get to the f:censored:ing screws!!!

@mrbasher : So what's the fix again for the hub screws coming loose :mad: Guess what I found on mine today... And it will take a bit of surgery to get the wheel off to get to the f:censored:ing screws!!!

Are you under warranty? I had one snap off inside back in November.
They had me send the wheel to Montreal and they sent me a brand new one back.

02.jpg

Last edited:

Use 16mm screws. They're longer than the stock 14mm screws, but aren't so long you need to tap the hole bigger.

My flathead 16mm screws came from ebay about a week ago and the wheel has been phenomenal. That shaft is super tight and sturdy now. I also applied some vibratite to the screws. Not sure if this was necessary or not, but I figured it couldn't hurt. Viratite allows you to unscrew the screws in the future (should you ever need to do that). I also read from some who worried that loctite could eat through the plastic. So that's why I went with vibratite instead.

EDIT: EDITED SIZES TO CORRECT INFO.

Last edited:
Use 18mm screws. They're longer than the stock 16mm screws, but aren't so long you need to tap the hole bigger.

My flathead 18mm screws came from ebay about a week ago and the wheel has been phenomenal. That shaft is super tight and sturdy now. I also applied some vibratite to the screws. Not sure if this was necessary or not, but I figured it couldn't hurt. Viratite allows you to unscrew the screws in the future (should you ever need to do that). I also read from some who worried that loctite could eat through the plastic. So that's why I went with vibratite instead.

What thread type? Is it M3? Also, it needs to have that tapered head, right?

I'll check my local suppliers. I don't wanna have to send a wheel all the way back to france because of a screw in case it fails..

What thread type? Is it M3? Also, it needs to have that tapered head, right?

I'll check my local suppliers. I don't wanna have to send a wheel all the way back to france because of a screw in case it fails..

Sorry for the bad info there. Edited. Stock is 14mm and you can use 16mm without needing to tap a deeper hole. These are the ones I ordered from Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160756050997?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I don't really know about the questions. Do you need a flathead? Not sure. Are there different thread types? Again, I wasn't sure. The ones above looked perfect and that's why I ordered them. And they were perfect.

EDIT: I would assume M3 16mm have a standard thread size, but there were some screwy looking pictures that scared me away from some other sites.

My replacement (V.5) came equipped with 16mm M3s.
First thing I did when I received it was to pull the screws to replace with 16mm (they were already loose!!!).
I was surprised to see that they were the same length as the 16mm replacements I had purchased.
I did make sure to apply medium Loctite though, so far so good.

Last edited:
/\

Interesting. I suspected the one I received from Microcenter (latest version) was different from my V2, but I didn't want to pull the screws since it seemed like some glue was in it. Probably won't ever need to replace those screws then, although I still have an extra six just in case.

what are the signs indicating you have loose screw/s in the hub? I mean without removing the wheel

There will be play between the screw-on collar and the base of the wheel when rim is attached.
Every few times I swap the rims...
...I break out the phillips head driver and give those 4 screws a check.

Hello all,

Does anybody have intel on the current TM T500rs status? Will there be an upgrade, maybe even a next model? AT this moment there are two prices: 400 and 500 euro. The TM going at 400 are sold out and the next delivery date is unknown. The 500 euro TM wheels are in stock. So i thought: are those 500 euro wheels an upgrade?

Hello all,

Does anybody have intel on the current TM T500rs status? Will there be an upgrade, maybe even a next model? AT this moment there are two prices: 400 and 500 euro. The TM going at 400 are sold out and the next delivery date is unknown. The 500 euro TM wheels are in stock. So i thought: are those 500 euro wheels an upgrade?
There are constant rumours of a replacement to the T500RS, however that's not likely to arrive before GT7 on PS4 I suspect....

For GT6 launch Thrustmaster rebranded the T500RS with GT6 packaging. The latest model has a whole bunch of changes over the original launch T500RS, which have been gradually added to fix all of the weak points of the design. I suspect that the 500 euro model is GT6 branded and guaranteed to contain all the little tweaks (compression springs, uprated fan, altered airflow vents, longer bolts in the steering shaft). The older 400 euro model was probably selling off the last remaining GT5-branded T500RS stock.

I have an issue with my right paddle not shifting/double shifting and it has been getting progressively worse over the past months. Decided to email TM and they quickly replied saying they want a copy of proof of purchase and my address and phone number. Just over 12 hours later after I first contacted them and a replacement part is on its way. I'm impressed. 👍 (I'm not impressed that this issue has occurred in the first place but still :lol:)

There are constant rumours of a replacement to the T500RS, however that's not likely to arrive before GT7 on PS4 I suspect....

For GT6 launch Thrustmaster rebranded the T500RS with GT6 packaging. The latest model has a whole bunch of changes over the original launch T500RS, which have been gradually added to fix all of the weak points of the design. I suspect that the 500 euro model is GT6 branded and guaranteed to contain all the little tweaks (compression springs, uprated fan, altered airflow vents, longer bolts in the steering shaft). The older 400 euro model was probably selling off the last remaining GT5-branded T500RS stock.

I'm in the same boat as bkim but it looks that amazon (in the US) is starting to get stock now. Not sure about the GT6 box. Most people who got theirs from microcenter burn sale last year report the GT5 box. Amazon shows the GT5 box also. Maybe the new box was intended for Europe?

But I agree with you. It is probably too early for a substitute specially since there aren't any premium racing games on ps4 yet.

Last edited:
I have an issue with my right paddle not shifting/double shifting and it has been getting progressively worse over the past months. Decided to email TM and they quickly replied saying they want a copy of proof of purchase and my address and phone number. Just over 12 hours later after I first contacted them and a replacement part is on its way. I'm impressed. 👍 (I'm not impressed that this issue has occurred in the first place but still :lol:)

You could go this route and likely never need to replace them again: http://www.bodin-solutions.com/BSW-T500-B/cat1644579_2065131.aspx :)

I say that because one customer who races A LOT was getting replacements about once every 2 months... He went to these switches at least 6 months ago... I haven't heard from him again. :)

P.S. That's John Bodin's product, not my own.

You could go this route and likely never need to replace them again: http://www.bodin-solutions.com/BSW-T500-B/cat1644579_2065131.aspx :)

I say that because one customer who races A LOT was getting replacements about once every 2 months... He went to these switches at least 6 months ago... I haven't heard from him again. :)

I had trouble with my right side paddle shifter not working and so I ordered the replacement switches from Bodin Solutions and installed them. I have not missed a shift since. Big thumbs up for the replacement switches from Bodin Solutions!!!

Thanks. :) I'd already been referred to these switches but since this is the first time my switches have acted up I thought I'd give the replacements from TM a try. If they have issues, I'll definitely consider the Bodin ones. :)

Hmmm...I've heard that the new replacement switch kits by TM are now rated 10mil cycles. I wonder if thats true. The new kit also comes with revised spring set.

Thanks. :) I'd already been referred to these switches but since this is the first time my switches have acted up I thought I'd give the replacements from TM a try. If they have issues, I'll definitely consider the Bodin ones. :)

To be honest with you, I went with the Bodin Solutions switches because it was easier to just order them from his website and wait a week or so for them to arrive, than going back and forth with Thrustmaster support via email. I also understood that the Bodin Solutions switches were an upgrade over stock. His site says that.

The ones John sells are Omron and 10 million cycle minimum, tested and picked specifically for this application by me. :) I and John can both guarantee them as a sound investment. Not sure on the Thrustmaster ones ;) People are welcome to do as they please of course and understandably might not want to pay for something twice that should be working right out of the box. However, the world just isn't fair most of the time. lol

These apparently have a different motor and heatsink config in them as well. Not sure HOW different, but it is. I saw some pics somewhere but it was a noticeable difference inside between the "old" and "new"

The ones John sells are Omron and 10 million cycle minimum, tested and picked specifically for this application by me. :) I and John can both guarantee them as a sound investment. Not sure on the Thrustmaster ones ;) People are welcome to do as they please of course and understandably might not want to pay for something twice that should be working right out of the box. However, the world just isn't fair most of the time. lol

I can vouch for the quality of the switches John sells as I have had no problems since installing them in my F1 rim. I referred Adam to him actually, but don't blame him for going the free route while under warranty. TM shouldn't get off the hook for selling an expensive wheel with a cheap part so make them work a little... then go to John and get the real solution. :sly:

I took some pictures of the shaft screws on my November 2013 T500RS, just for reference....
View attachment 108449

And also the top panel which clearly doesn't have the circular cut-out of the original model:
View attachment 108450

Thanks, the socket cap screws are the way to go, heads aren't as easily stripped as the phillips.
What version is yours? I have a V.5. Excuse please if I missed that in an earlier post.

On a different note, last night my 2-month old V.5's fan has become very loud when first kicks in. Had to replace the fan in my first T500 wish they came with higher quality fan installed.

Thanks, the socket cap screws are the way to go, heads aren't as easily stripped as the phillips.
What version is yours? I have a V.5. Excuse please if I missed that in an earlier post.
Mine has no V. Stickers, which seems to be a change they made during summer 2013, at least in Europe. To be clear, I didn't fit those socket cap screws, the wheel came with them.

Back