The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
pilmat that is an incredible slick rim, how much did it cost? Including the button plate?

Thanks! The wheel itself is a OMP Superturismo. It is aluminum and retails for $300 US. The button plate is a DSD "Plate 2" for the SLI-M, and that is less than $30 from Derek. The plate doesn't come with buttons, but they are cheap and easy to find. The SLI-M from Leo Bodnar, and it's 50GBP. Then wiring and soldering.

I love the feel of the rim, and I'd be very sad to swap to anything else...

Does anyone know exactly how the wiring on the T500 works? I mean, the GT rim has 9 buttons and the dpad (which technically is just 4 more inputs). And I realize they're going to PS/2 style connectors. But what do those connectors lead to? Googled a good picture of it:

explodemon.jpg

Pilmat: when you removed the center connector from the steering column, do you remember how many cables were attached to it. I'm just wondering I I could just wire up buttons to those wires and get the original 13 inputs back (although it would obviously mean I couldn't swap the wheel out.

Hello Thrustmasters,

I just got mine yesterday, but I cannot manage to find in my menus, where to adjust my FFB! I have searched for instructions on how to do this, but have not found anything. Holding down PS button just gets me the select controller number option. The controller settings screen in GT6 only has options button assignments.

As an aside, mine appears to be the newest model. No V#, no dual stickers, no venting on top of wheel. Thanks for any replies.

Does anyone know exactly how the wiring on the T500 works? I mean, the GT rim has 9 buttons and the dpad (which technically is just 4 more inputs). And I realize they're going to PS/2 style connectors. But what do those connectors lead to? Googled a good picture of it:

Pilmat: when you removed the center connector from the steering column, do you remember how many cables were attached to it. I'm just wondering I I could just wire up buttons to those wires and get the original 13 inputs back (although it would obviously mean I couldn't swap the wheel out.

Here is the pin out from the steering column to the main board:
Not enough wires on there for a 1:1 mapping :(

Here is the pin out from the steering column to the main board:
Not enough wires on there for a 1:1 mapping :(

:(

When I saw four other connectors to the left of that cable (on the motherboard), I was hoping there were two or three more of those things leading into the steering shaft. Thanks for the clarification.

For those folks who have prefer their G25/G27 pedals to the stock T500RS pedals, or for those folks with TX wheels who would like to be able to upgrade from the stock TX pedals to 3-pedal set that included a clutch pedal, the BPA-TX-G27 Pedal Adapter is now available on the Bodin Solutions Website:

Link: Bodin Solutions BPA-TX-G27 Pedal Adapter

The BPA-TX-G27 Pedal Adapter allows you to use your stock G25 or G27 pedals with the Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel. The BPA-TX-G27 is also compatible with the T500RS wheel, allowing you to use use your stock G25 or G27 pedals with the T500RS wheel.

The BPA-TX-G27 Pedal Adapter will allow you to use the G25/G27 throttle, brake, and clutch pedals with your TX Racing Wheel for both PC and Xbox One games/sims, or with your T500RS wheel for both PC and PS3 games/sims.

Received! Cheers John :cheers:

on my endless quest to find a T500RS in the Florida region, i've stumbled upon the following:

http://www.frys.com/product/6925857...zq846Ws3A__.node1?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

10 FRACKING BUCKS. It is available at a city called Downers Grove, IL, and the website says it includes open-box items. However, I'd buy this REGARDLESS if it's even useful. There has to be salvageable for 10 BUCKS. Too bad my parents will do the usual brazilian routine in the US, which means Miami + Orlando. I hope someone here checks this to see what's what :)

on my endless quest to find a T500RS in the Florida region, i've stumbled upon the following:

http://www.frys.com/product/6925857...zq846Ws3A__.node1?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

10 FRACKING BUCKS. It is available at a city called Downers Grove, IL, and the website says it includes open-box items. However, I'd buy this REGARDLESS if it's even useful. There has to be salvageable for 10 BUCKS. Too bad my parents will do the usual brazilian routine in the US, which means Miami + Orlando. I hope someone here checks this to see what's what :)
Don't get too worked up, it's just an old listing with no available items attached. I've worked for that company, they don't give crap away.

I am having a rather random problem with the wheel right now. I have a T500RS with the GTE wheel installed and once in a while I get a random "pause" in the middle of a session in GT6 as if you pressed the Start button in the game. I don't think I am pressing it(mannetino up I think is the "start" on the GTE wheel)I am wondering if its a contact issue or something or if there might be some grounding fault with the button.

I am having a rather random problem with the wheel right now. I have a T500RS with the GTE wheel installed and once in a while I get a random "pause" in the middle of a session in GT6 as if you pressed the Start button in the game. I don't think I am pressing it(mannetino up I think is the "start" on the GTE wheel)I am wondering if its a contact issue or something or if there might be some grounding fault with the button.
I've probably only put ~10 hours into my GTE rim so far, but I definitely haven't experienced this. Have you tried removing the rim, checking for dirt in the connector and replugging? (yes, manetino up is start)

You need to replicate the circuitry in the original steering wheel. Have a look at the first couple of videos to give you an idea what is involved.

Adding the following videos just to show the progression of my solution

My fix for loose QR issue that may crop up

👍^^^congrats.
I have mine set at 5, simulation. Different cars have different feedback; some strong some not that strong. And yeah, I think basher mod is great.
And yes again, I would update firmware just to make sure everything is good.
Also, dont forget it has an on-the-fly angle of rotation adjustment. Press "mode+dpad - or +" and watch it blink...1blink=270deg, 2blinks=360, 3=540, 4=900, 5=1080.

can anyone confirm that this method is working in GT6. i tried but can´t feel any differents between 1blink=270deg and 4=900... (own a t500rs v4 with firmware 4.1)
thx

can anyone confirm that this method is working in GT6. i tried but can´t feel any differents between 1blink=270deg and 4=900... (own a t500rs v4 with firmware 4.1)
thx
I remember reading that Gran Turismo resets it back to 900deg each race start.

You need to replicate the circuitry in the original steering wheel. Have a look at the first couple of videos to give you an idea what is involved.

Adding the following videos just to show the progression of my solution

My fix for loose QR issue that may crop up

Thing I take out of those, there's quite a bit of electronics in the wheel. I need to just stop thinking about trying to go this route.

The bolt pattern matches so you can do it. However, you'd need some spacers so the GT rim will clear the buttons. You also lose the DPAD.

Although if they would have just made the bolt patterns 70mm on the GTE rim, I'd certainly have done something with that.

I asked Thrustmaster again about the load cell :

"Dear Mr. Xxxxxxxx

Regarding your T500RS Loadcell Brake Mod.

We thank you for your reply.

We have postponed the release of this accessory indeterminately. Most likely this accessory will not going to be released."

Received! Cheers John :cheers:

And it works AWESOME!!!!! Finally got GT6 today and my G27 pedals work perfect on that first lap of Brands in the Clio (would have been nice if I knew it was the GP circuit when I got to Surtees :rolleyes: ). As plug-and-play as it comes :)

Now to start grinding!!! :gtpflag:

i finally purchased my T500RS! it's coming from Amazon France straight to my home in Brazil... can't wait.
Also, is the basher brake mod good? I have a GTEYE spring on my G25 and i love it. How does it compare to GTEYE? and i also swapped around the stock clutch/gas springs for the brake/clutch springs. Is there a mod to make the gas & clutch spring feel a bit more heavy in the T500RS? thanks!

i finally purchased my T500RS! it's coming from Amazon France straight to my home in Brazil... can't wait.
Also, is the basher brake mod good? I have a GTEYE spring on my G25 and i love it. How does it compare to GTEYE? and i also swapped around the stock clutch/gas springs for the brake/clutch springs. Is there a mod to make the gas & clutch spring feel a bit more heavy in the T500RS? thanks!

The Basherboards mod works awesome. He gives you several bushings that you can configure to the level of stiffness that you prefer. I like a soft brake and thus I am using only one orange bushing, which is the softest option.

Give the gas and clutch springs a chance at the default setting. I initially thought they were too soft, at least compared to my Clubsports, but they are fine now. I now prefer my T500RS pedals, with the Basherboards brake mod, to my Clubsport pedals!!!

Do the basherboards mod. I had CSP V.1s with tuning kit, and CSP V2s. before.
I prefer the T500 pedals to them with the basherboards mod.

Last edited:
I asked Thrustmaster again about the load cell :

"Dear Mr. Xxxxxxxx

Regarding your T500RS Loadcell Brake Mod.

We thank you for your reply.

We have postponed the release of this accessory indeterminately. Most likely this accessory will not going to be released."

Hmmm . . . looks like I"m the only "plug-and-play" show in town. Now I just need for that slow boat to arrive with the parts I'm waiting for so I can crank out some more load cell mods!

:banghead:

Wait . . . FOUR pedals?! Throttle, brake, clutch, and alien mode?

:D

LOL, see link in my signature (Profile/Information) for details. :)
Had a pedal left over after getting the OwensRacing Big Brake Pedal so...
...I cooked up an 80/20 dead pedal mount to add it to the rig. :sly:

I use the clutch a lot for sims, & also on PS3 for GT5/GT6, so its very handy.

:gtpflag: :gtpflag: :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Basher Brake Mod purchased! Thanks for all the inputs guys.

I'm hoping I get my T500RS in a nice GT6-branded box :). I also decided to stop playing GT6 until it arrives, I don't wanna get more progress in the game with my old trusty G25... I want to see what's what

Eforcity (the seller) had sent me a frickin trimmer instead of my wheel! :banghead:

Got in touch with them, hopefully I can send it back and get my wheel sent to me or I have become the owner of a $108 Panasonic trimmer. :grumpy:

Update! Since that it was so damn late for the me returning the trimmer (due to me being very lazy) they cancelled the order and refunded me, but only after they got their thing back. I only dropped the package off at the UPS store 2 weeks ago.

I had only just got word of that, I have now re-ordered another wheel, but from a different place. I might have it this Friday, if not, next Monday.

@OwensRacing I'm trying to get hold of you to see if you have any big brake pedal stock left. Since you didn't see the PM I sent you, I thought I'd try typing this here. (sorry to disturb the thread guys)

Back