The Update 2.08 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 255 comments
Some have. For example, Calsonic GT-R max aero, fully ran in etc has dropped from 610 to 609. Same with the Lexus SC430. The NSX however has remained at 600.

Ah so im not going totally bonkers my series SLS has dipped a point aswell for the record.đź‘Ť

Is it just me or have some/all cars dropped a performance point?? Not a big deal really but something i just noticed.:dopey: Apologies if already mentioned.:ouch:

Have those points dropped in a way so that they make more sense ?

Still there's a long way to go to fix this whole flawed system... :grumpy:

1) I noticed that when using the chase camera, the car sound comes from back speakers too. Probably depends on the car. Race cars sounded louder, but I'll check this more later.
Before the update the chase cam sound was coming from the center speaker.

(5.1, Living Room)

2) "Select All" function in the garage works differently now.
Now you have to "load" the list by scrolling it all the way to the bottom. Only then the "Select All" will select all the cars. Otherwise it will only select those cars that are visible on the screen.

3) In my opinion cars do sound more lively now.

4) The physics changed slightly.

Not sure what to think about the Grid ordering thing. I have not played now in quite a while but when I first got the game I played a lot in private lobbies and there was always an option for that from day one.

I always set it up so the player that finished last would get the pole on the next race as that made it more fun than having the fastest guy start on the pole but both were available to select from day 1.

I have not been able to check for new options yet, but the "Fastest First" setting has never meant that the winner of the last race gets pole in the next. It always goes by the order in free run, determined by lap times or, for those who haven't set one, position on track.

They may have added a new option, but the fastest first option is not it.

Last edited:
I have not been able to check for new options yet, but the "Fastest First" setting has never meant that the winner of the last race gets pole in the next. It always goes by the order in free run, determined by lap times or, for those who haven't set one, position on track.

They may have added a new option, but the fastest first option is not it.

If you don't hit the track in free-run it uses the last race result, but then there's the reverse grid which is always based on the previous race result... PD is strange in that they didn't give us any manual options for any of this; you know; just to make things more difficult.

I'm finally glad that the concrete part on Deep Forest Raceway is considered 'off track', because it is. I have no idea who thought that the concrete is part of the track.
~ENDURANCEGUY

Two things that remain incorrect is the '69 Camaro Z/28 description and the badge on the '70 Challenger R/T. On the Camaro, the hood has the 302ci. badge which is correct while the description reads '320ci.' Just a typo but still. Don't want PD giving out false information. As for the Challenger, the 426 Hemi badge is only on the drivers side of the hood. Now, I'm not an expert, but all the '70 Challenger R/T 426 Hemis I've seen have the badge on both sides.

Two things that remain incorrect is the '69 Camaro Z/28 description and the badge on the '70 Challenger R/T. On the Camaro, the hood has the 302ci. badge which is correct while the description reads '320ci.' Just a typo but still. Don't want PD giving out false information. As for the Challenger, the 426 Hemi badge is only on the drivers side of the hood. Now, I'm not an expert, but all the '70 Challenger R/T 426 Hemis I've seen have the badge on both sides.

that badge things on alot of cars...

There is a new option on online rooms under "Grid Order" that makes the player that finished 1st on the previous race to start the next race in pole position.

I can confirm this. Just checked last-night while running a practice room.
We have 4 options for grid order now. Where there used to be only 3.

* Fastest First
* Slowest First
* Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Result

They've added a 4th for:
* Fastest First Based on Previous Race Result

---

So now you can play "king of the hill" shuffles where if you keep winning you keep starting at the front.

I can confirm this. Just checked last-night while running a practice room.
We have 4 options for grid order now. Where there used to be only 3.

* Fastest First
* Slowest First
* Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Result

They've added a 4th for:
* Fastest First Based on Previous Race Result

---

So now you can play "king of the hill" shuffles where if you keep winning you keep starting at the front.

It can also be used as a unique qualifying race, 2 laps and then disable drafting ( enable the "disable collision" ). The race winner would the fastest driver for 2 laps run, then the finish result will be the next race starting grid, interesting concept to try.

It can also be used as a unique qualifying race, 2 laps and then disable drafting ( enable the "disable collision" ). The race winner would the fastest driver for 2 laps run, then the finish result will be the next race starting grid, interesting concept to try.

Yeah, would need some testing. I have a feeling that collision on/off clears the timing and scoring. But it *may* still be ok with "previous race result".

Also I think that the collision on/off is pretty much a global draft on/off switch. It seems to have effect on free-run as well as race conditions.

IF that's true people can stop complaining about draft in free-run being on now... since you can turn it off with the global collision switch.

Hi

Small changes I've noticed are you can now paint Honda Today, Element & Citroen 2CV. I still want to paint DeLoren (a few real ones were painted green or red at the end of production) & Dome but still can't. I'd also like to use European Fords in the Euro races.

Paul

pb5
Small changes I've noticed are you can now paint Honda Today, Element & Citroen 2CV.

Not a big user of Standard cars in general but if it's now possible to paint a 2CV (always wondered why that wasn't possible) then that's welcome news, thanks. đź‘Ť

pb5
Hi

Small changes I've noticed are you can now paint Honda Today, Element & Citroen 2CV. I still want to paint DeLoren (a few real ones were painted green or red at the end of production) & Dome but still can't. I'd also like to use European Fords in the Euro races.

Paul

That's some great news. Really! I think a lot of people want to paint the 2CV.

Is it just me or do the cars sound better?

I'm playing right now and just noticed... yeah, there's something different with the sounds. The tire sounds are more noticeable and more natural somehow. Cars sound a little bit better... can't explain why but it does. They are the same old sounds but it feel better distributed.

I like tire sounds are louder actually. I would constantly hear them no matter what I drove except the Viper ACR. Is it me or has car 'rarity' in the UCD been adjusted? I've seen 2 Mercedes CLK-LMs, a TS020, and plenty of others that don't show up often since 2.08.

diegorborges
I'm playing right now and just noticed... yeah, there's something different with the sounds. The tire sounds are more noticeable and more natural somehow. Cars sound a little bit better... can't explain why but it does. They are the same old sounds but it feel better distributed.

I said before me and a group of drifters noticed that too. And i tried a few adjustment on tuning my 5.1 surround sound (needed to do a adjustment to each speakers decibels anyway) and noticed I could hear each tire using the hood view. I could hear when they lose traction. And honestly the tire sounds themselves are amazing now. Thanks PD.

I think, aside from the tyres, the exhaust sound is louder against the "engine" sound (which is almost always a whizzy mess); the biggest difference will therefore be in the interior, where the "engine" sounds dominate - i.e. the exhaust is more prominent inside the car now.

One thing I noticed was the Kyoto photo location with the 4 cars in the backround. I have seen photos of players cars in that select area parked with the backround cars. I don't know if it's a bug or glitch but the game will not let me place my car there. Does anyone know how?

One thing I noticed was the Kyoto photo location with the 4 cars in the backround. I have seen photos of players cars in that select area parked with the backround cars. I don't know if it's a bug or glitch but the game will not let me place my car there. Does anyone know how?

I think it's a photo travel glitch that they also use for interior view, I did that once too, the car can be position inside the parking lot or going through the cars/objects.

Back