The Update 2.08 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 255 comments
I often drive the Cizeta V16T stock with comfort medium tires both online and offline, now the car seems to have more grip around corners, less understeer, but still easily break free at the rear when provoked with even a little more gas. Going to try my Yellowbird ...

Has any one else had this update really screw up their game. I didn't play gt5 for a while, just logged on now and it had to restart 5 times for it too get to the home screen without just lagging out on a loading screen, then when I got too the gtlife screen the controller stopped working???

My ps3 is ok, I was just playing f1 championship edition before with no issues.

The rear steps out in a completely unrealistic way now with very little throttle at high speed in a lot of RR/MR and even FR cars. It's ridiculous, reminds me of F'd up GT5p physics.

BWX
The rear steps out in a completely unrealistic way now with very little throttle at high speed in a lot of RR/MR and even FR cars. It's ridiculous, reminds me of F'd up GT5p physics.

So far, the only car that I found easily stepped out is the Cizeta, it's stock and with CM tire, rather obvious really :) I think overall grip has been increased on all comfort and sports tires. Check my sig for my videos of no ABS run after 2.08 update, the 458 video is 2.07. The rest are 2.08.

The rear stepping out is evident on McLaren F1 and Zonda R videos, but they have CM tires, so yeah, not bad IMO.

ridox i drive no abs too and on ch or cm, did you notice that the wheels dont lock up as easy or is it just me

The brake input resolution have been tweaked IMO, I always run with no ABS since release day, Running medium BB back in the day - pre 2.0 at 5/2 - 5/3, after 2.07 I can increase to med-high BB 7/5 - 8/4, now after 2.08 10/4 to 10/8 seems to be the ideal for me. Grip under braking or acceleration are almost the same, only lateral/cornering grip that I felt better now with better transition to slip/grip.

PD might have tweaked the input precision in braking and made the brake force more realistic. Check my videos to see what I mean - it's linked in my sig.

I'll be uploading my new run with Lancia Stratos stock/no tuning, the car that deemed by many to have very peculiar handling. I ran it at Nurburgring GP/F with comfort hard tires ( the proper tire for less than 420pp cars) and no ABS, BB is 10/8. This car is a beauty to look and to drive.

BLACK86
ridox i drive no abs too and on ch or cm, did you notice that the wheels dont lock up as easy or is it just me

I second this.

Like i said before it seems as if driving with no abs (me no abs 24/7) is better than ever since the update. And i noticed that the wheels locked up individually more realistic than ever

I second this.

Like i said before it seems as if driving with no abs (me no abs 24/7) is better than ever since the update. And i noticed that the wheels locked up individually more realistic than ever

Also, now running more rear value in BB is possible, but of course precise brake modulation a must and the result : trail braking is getting a lot of fun and more exciting, although the car does understeer when the brake lifted off during heavy braking into corner, but not too often - have a look at my Motegi video with Maserati GranTurismo S, about 1:30 mark, link in my sig :D

The cockpit exhaust soundbug is defenatly fixed, i checked again (SuperGT and some other cars with sidepipes on both carsides now make equal noise again)

How long has it been that mileage registers on your car when in private lobbies? Since 2.08, or before?

I only just noticed it.

VBR
How long has it been that mileage registers on your car when in private lobbies? Since 2.08, or before?

I only just noticed it.

Always, but it only saves if you start a race. If you only go into free run than leave track/lobby the mileage will be deleted.

might just be that I wasn't listening before 2.08, but some of the cars have a different sound of exhaust 'pop' upon gear change (changing down). They have a soft tone which sounds awesome. Best car I've heard it on so far is the SLS, just a sweet muffled explosion, which sounds incredible!

The brake input resolution have been tweaked IMO, I always run with no ABS since release day, Running medium BB back in the day - pre 2.0 at 5/2 - 5/3, after 2.07 I can increase to med-high BB 7/5 - 8/4, now after 2.08 10/4 to 10/8 seems to be the ideal for me. Grip under braking or acceleration are almost the same, only lateral/cornering grip that I felt better now with better transition to slip/grip.

PD might have tweaked the input precision in braking and made the brake force more realistic. Check my videos to see what I mean - it's linked in my sig.

I'll be uploading my new run with Lancia Stratos stock/no tuning, the car that deemed by many to have very peculiar handling. I ran it at Nurburgring GP/F with comfort hard tires ( the proper tire for less than 420pp cars) and no ABS, BB is 10/8. This car is a beauty to look and to drive.

I run a lot of shuffle races online and I never use ABS (brakes at 5/5 with no adjustment). Even with a G27 once you start hitting 460PP or higher, unless your car came without ABS (Zonda, F40, TVR, you quickly figure it out haha), you're going to be sideways on anything that isn't an oval. I'll never forget landing a Shelby Series One on Nordschleife, as I move into 2nd place passing sideways on the outside one guy yells, "This dude's blowing my door off and qualifying for the next Formula D event at the same time!"

I definitely noticed that now in those no ABS shuffles I have more control and a lot less brake lock since 2.08 hit.

VBR

I only just noticed it.

I know it used to be that your cars only acquired mileage online if tire wear was on.

I'll never forget landing a Shelby Series One on Nordschleife, as I move into 2nd place passing sideways on the outside one guy yells, "This dude's blowing my door off and qualifying for the next Formula D event at the same time!"

Great quote!

:)

In case it wasn't posted before:

quote :

They are the exact same car , just the name has been updated.

I have in garage:

SKYLINE 2000GT-B (S54A) '67 123bhp / 1095 kg
SKYLINE 2000GT-B (S54B) '67 123bhp / 1095 kg

Now , when I open (go to view) the S54A the name on top changes to S54B.

Not the first time PD changes car name , but the old name is still viewable in garage screen.

EDIT: I can confirm , that it is an unannounced change that came in patch 2.08

(I have 2 PS3's , one has version 2.07 that allows direct comparison with exact same save data.)

MadMax

Found out by people in "The Updated OCD Thread ".

Back