The Update 2.08 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 255 comments
Have a look at the photomode forum, there are threads about the glitch interior tutorial at Kyoto Shoren-in. Here are some pics that I took when I got the car inside, it was not easy.

8034301011_6b84b171cc_z_d.jpg

8034303511_0900e7c8b2_z_d.jpg

8034311740_f62d53877d_z_d.jpg

8034305242_5a52ddf5a4_z_d.jpg

8034314142_d5103ca64c_z_d.jpg

8034308359_1f166c5c95_z_d.jpg

Not sure if it's since this update or if I'm just doing something wrong, but I can no longer glitch through the wall on SSRX. I did it several times a few months ago, but now it just doesn't work anymore.

Btw, "collision disable" affects Free-Run. It's basically a global on/off switch for drafting. 👍

so you can run quali in free-run or race mode with no draft.

Not sure if it's since this update or if I'm just doing something wrong, but I can no longer glitch through the wall on SSRX. I did it several times a few months ago, but now it just doesn't work anymore.

Did it two hours ago with my GT-R R35, Gallardo LP560-4, Murciélago LP640 and Murciélago LP670-4 SV. Works perfectly fine, online in a room with several other members who managed to get in several times too.

Besides that, PD finally fixed the annoying horn sound! Before this update when playing online other player's horns always were very annoying because they always beeped for 1 second, no matter how long the player actually honked. Now the sound lasts way less time and it feels less loud to me too (maybe that's just an effect because it isn't as annoying anymore :D).

I like tire sounds are louder actually. I would constantly hear them no matter what I drove except the Viper ACR. Is it me or has car 'rarity' in the UCD been adjusted? I've seen 2 Mercedes CLK-LMs, a TS020, and plenty of others that don't show up often since 2.08.

To me it seems like once you buy a rare car it shows up all the time, I waited months to get the ford taurus sho and the ford gt no stripe, now ever since I bought them I see them in the ucd at least once a week.

A minor change I noticed:

The standard tab in the garage used to read "Standard car", and has now been changed to "Standard Car".

To me it seems like once you buy a rare car it shows up all the time, I waited months to get the ford taurus sho and the ford gt no stripe, now ever since I bought them I see them in the ucd at least once a week.

that's just he placebo of random numbers
It took me weeks of grinding the garage to find the RX-8 race car for a grand am spot race and I got two of them at the end of my grind but I've not seen it since (several months).

The used car dealer list is predetermined, and it still matches up with the list made before the update, so there has been no change.

For certain users, there is longer a lag when crossing the finish line in Practice mode (where the ghost loads).

The more I drive RWD cars in GT5 after 2.08, the more I think something is totally screwed up with lateral grip of the rear tires.

Like in GT5p where some cars were impossible to drive -- 140mph in a straight line in a vette, touch the gas and you're drifting. That kind of thing, but not as bad. But something weird is going on and it's only at the rear.. Shelby 350, GT40 standard.. cars I noticed it really bad on w/ SM tires in the newest seasonal.

I find that online comfort tires have much better grip now, I did some free run laps at Nordschleife online, Ferrari F430 Scuderia, 550pp-stock, no oil change, less than 10 miles. I did 8:17.677 with comfort medium tires, no ABS or other aids, grip real, tire wear/fuel consumption on, 9/5 BB. The car rarely loses grip at the rear, much more stable cornering than before 2.08 update. The limit is easily maintained, and slip transition is smooth. I did try low pp cars as well with comfort hard at Monza with rain, BRZ and Scirocco all stock, they handle great and less prone to losing grip when pushed hard. I love it, now online physics is closer to offline.

Yeah I thought the same about comfort tires doing that 355PP Lightweight K Cup. Only comparing pre 2.08 to post 2.08 off-line.

Not sure it is due to update 2.08 but I have notice that when you buy from the dealership the Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 in Chameleon Purple or Matte Black, you do not get the additional paint item you usualy get when you buy a car.
Anyone noticed that on other car?

BWX
The more I drive RWD cars in GT5 after 2.08, the more I think something is totally screwed up with lateral grip of the rear tires.

Like in GT5p where some cars were impossible to drive -- 140mph in a straight line in a vette, touch the gas and you're drifting. That kind of thing, but not as bad. But something weird is going on and it's only at the rear.. Shelby 350, GT40 standard.. cars I noticed it really bad on w/ SM tires in the newest seasonal.

I've noticed that it does seem some of the suspension setup "physics" appear to be different or "fixed".

All of a sudden my tuning changes based on "real world" knowledge seem to work whereas before much of it was backwards. Idk maybe I'm dreaming it and got lucky with a few particular cars.

The best way I can describe it is that you're never really hooked up in the rear anymore. It kinda seems like that old problem in GT5p, where when going around a corner, you can break the rears lateral traction at speeds where it should be a lot harder to do with a tiny touch of the throttle.

I don't think it's all cars and probably not all tires. I need to investigate and experiment a lot more, but some things are better for sure with the physics, while other parts feel different in a bad way.

BWX
The best way I can describe it is that you're never really hooked up in the rear anymore. It kinda seems like that old problem in GT5p, where when going around a corner, you can break the rears lateral traction at speeds where it should be a lot harder to do with a tiny touch of the throttle.

I don't think it's all cars and probably not all tires. I need to investigate and experiment a lot more, but some things are better for sure with the physics, while other parts feel different in a bad way.

Ya I was doing the TT at monza last night with my 458 which is usually very stable on exit. It was all over the place.

I searched this thread, but didn't find a mention of headlights yet.

Has anyone else noticed an increased bloom effect from the headlights in real time, not photographs? I remember it was there initially, and then disappeared after an update, and then returned only in photos.

I searched this thread, but didn't find a mention of headlights yet.

Has anyone else noticed an increased bloom effect from the headlights in real time, not photographs? I remember it was there initially, and then disappeared after an update, and then returned only in photos.

no, but they still don't show up at all in "close-range" LOD of the rear view mirror which I find infuriatingly stupid.

- the c5-r vette got a soundchange (maybe i am wrong here)
- speaker soundglitch is fixed i think (some cars with sidepipes had only one exhaust hearable in cockpit view)

I think i just noticed, the cars are now more flexible when turning and braking, the suspension looks somehow softer.

Veyron used to run out of steam at 285mph. Now I got it up to 300mph with little tweaking, and the cars shift from handling mode to top speed mode ( lowering the wing ) causes noticeable change in the cars acceleration and stance.

Evo X always had that as a stock option instead of a LSD. ;)

Veyron used to run out of steam at 285mph. Now I got it up to 300mph with little tweaking, and the cars shift from handling mode to top speed mode ( lowering the wing ) causes noticeable change in the cars acceleration and stance.

Nice, so they actually got something noticeable right about the aerodynamic physics. Or not, depends on if you prefer realism or actual speed :sly:

Something I noticed recently, I'm not sure if it's caused by this update but certain MR/RR cars feel way less controllable to me now since the update. I tried taking my Stratos for a drive recently on SSRX and as soon as I changed lanes the car got so unstable and started going so much out of control I had to brake hard to prevent it from spinning... car was completely stock, no assists (ABS 0 even).
Two days ago I tried to drive the Yellowbird which ever was hard to handle, but again it felt worse than before. Maybe this hard controlability is caused by cars which got a weight distribution biased to the rear of the car and multiplied if the wheelbase is short? I wouldn't want to drive a Fiat 500 now...

KiroKai
Evo X always had that as a stock option instead of a LSD. ;)

Nice, so they actually got something noticeable right about the aerodynamic physics. Or not, depends on if you prefer realism or actual speed :sly:

Something I noticed recently, I'm not sure if it's caused by this update but certain MR/RR cars feel way less controllable to me now since the update. I tried taking my Stratos for a drive recently on SSRX and as soon as I changed lanes the car got so unstable and started going so much out of control I had to brake hard to prevent it from spinning... car was completely stock, no assists (ABS 0 even).
Two days ago I tried to drive the Yellowbird which ever was hard to handle, but again it felt worse than before. Maybe this hard controlability is caused by cars which got a weight distribution biased to the rear of the car and multiplied if the wheelbase is short? I wouldn't want to drive a Fiat 500 now...

About the Mrs and RRs feeling less controllable.

I love the way they feel now. Before this update they had screwed them up with adding a under steer feel now they have that great mixture back. I love my NSX GT500 again

It could be my imagination but it seems like the G27 has a reduced "dead zone" than it did before the update. Anyone else notice this?

About the Mrs and RRs feeling less controllable.

I love the way they feel now. Before this update they had screwed them up with adding a under steer feel now they have that great mixture back. I love my NSX GT500 again

Yeah the modern good handling cars in these classes are less negatively affected and I noticed cars with downforce even feel better now (pretty much like you experience with the GT500 NSX). But if it's not possible to keep a Lancia Stratos straight on sports tyres it's getting kind of ridiculous...

Obsidian-2
It could be my imagination but it seems like the G27 has a reduced "dead zone" than it did before the update. Anyone else notice this?

I have on the DFGT so yeah they probably didn't the same thing for the rest of the wheels.

KiroKai
Yeah the modern good handling cars in these classes are less negatively affected and I noticed cars with downforce even feel better now (pretty much like you experience with the GT500 NSX). But if it's not possible to keep a Lancia Stratos straight on sports tyres it's getting kind of ridiculous...

I have also tried other none race cars too. All of them handle better. I guess I'll try the Stratos later. I mean the Stratos is a crazy handling car anyway in real life though

Back