The Update 2.08 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 255 comments
There are also a few where the distance away from the car is actually further away than the majority of cars, from memory the Premium '69 Camaro Z28 and Mustang Mach 1 ’71 which look ridiculously small as a result.

Mach one makes sense , the nose is way to long. I own the car in real life and driving the things a pain in the but since im always gestamating were the nose is and praying every time I have to break at a red light that i don't hit the guy in front of me with the nose -.- the further the FOV the better imo.. but yes they look really quirky.. i wouldn't mind a few feet closer, i remember the 86 was like super close to the screen and so was the sls and slr.. And yay im back!! 👍

TheeFrogmanlego
. I own the car in real life and driving the things a pain in the but since im always gestamating were the nose is and praying every time I have to break at a red light that i don't hit the guy in front of me with the nose

Picture? Not saying you don't, just I have two mustangs and am a huge fan so I like to see fellow GTP'rs mustangs also :)

I've run with a friend in SSRX just a few hours ago, to test the "draft enabled in Free Run" thing. Turns out, my friend discovered that the "sparking glitch" that can be done in the Red Bull X2011 is no longer possible. This is most likely due to the adjustment of how the aerodynamics affect the vehicles (Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased).

As my friend said, the "sparking glitch" is a popular glitch wherein players would set the rear downforce to maximum and set the front downforce to minimum, allowing the X2011 to achieve speeds higher as compared to an X2011 with minimum downforce at both front and rear. Because there's a very high amount of wind resistance pushing the rear end of the car, the rear end makes contact with the ground and generates sparks, hence the name of the glitch.

Ah, so the perennial wheelie glitch was the result of the downforce direction being fixed relative to the car, so that when it rotated up slightly, the "downforce" accelerated it forwards more, which created more "downforce" etc.

Makes sense now; but there's still a suspension / chassis modeling issue that made it possible in the first place by initiating the "wheelie" (although much diminished in recent games), as well as the lack of angle-of-attack lift / drag modeling (which I've seen done well in a Grand Prix Legends mod, so it can't be that hard.)

I'm not sure that it can't be done anymore. I haven't been online to test it in a dedicated room, but offline I can still get my X2011 to spark, have the front bounce and reach about 325mph with the old settings (for +700mph drafting), although it is nearly 40mph down on what it used to be. The car's initial speed would still seem fast enough to get things working in my opinion, especially with the help of several other racer's draft.

It is a fair bit faster than it used to be on minimum aero; I'm reaching over 342mph in the offline speed test. But it's the rear end digging that allows you to obtain some bonkers speed while slipstreaming other cars, and it still does that. I'll test it online soon though.

There are also a few where the distance away from the car is actually further away than the majority of cars, from memory the Premium '69 Camaro Z28 and Mustang Mach 1 ’71 which look ridiculously small as a result.

2010 Camaro SS has the same problem.

rev limit clipping is almost non-existant when downshifting into high rev. Tranny whine is high pitched.

Oversteer feels like whole car now, instead of just the extreme rear slipping out.

Tire sounds sounds epic when doing 4 wheel sliding. seems to cover my ears more than ever.

Racing softs seem grippier.

First turns are slippier in real grip settings, when tires are cold.

Brakes seem harsher than before, turning down bias further from default 5.

Rideheight gave me positive feedback online, where lowering front by 5, really felt that way, noticeable without throwing the car out of whack.

Most of the leagues in Pure run solo qualifiers because we never got along with free run mode's intricacies. We currently have a spec racing series that runs pre-race group qualifying and we plan to combat the addition of drafting in free run by running split groups and ensuring no one is drafting off of eachother. Any driver that feels that another driver is too close can protest by simply pulling off. That's just the way it's gotta be now. Group qualifying was never favorable to begin with. I can only imagine the public lobbies having a hell of a time dealing with draft leachers.

Who do you run with btw?

Yea I suppose that would work as a solution. Sadly it is probably easier said than done in a public lobby, even if everyone is friends. I guess maybe I could start running minature qualifying races, a la FIA GT1. Just is a shame that PD decided to make this completely random update without giving us an option to disable....

As far as who I run with, mostly the standard SH/Spec crew. Daryl, timeattack, Joey, Mav, etc.

Well I noticed that the Force feedback has changed again, maybe only because of the physics changes, maybe that and it has changed separately too. We're back to feeling more bumps in the road through the FF, like it was a few updates ago, before they changed back to the smoother feeling FF.

I was doing the Japanese K-cars seasonals and noticed that on the back stretch of the Rome City Course / 3 Lap race there were camera angles during the replay I had never seen before. In fact I think there were different or new replay camera angles at a lot of tracks- Trial Mountain had a couple different ones that I don't remember too.

BWX
Well I noticed that the Force feedback has changed again, maybe only because of the physics changes, maybe that and it has changed separately too. We're back to feeling more bumps in the road through the FF, like it was a few updates ago, before they changed back to the smoother feeling FF.

I was doing the Japanese K-cars seasonals and noticed that on the back stretch of the Rome City Course / 3 Lap race there were camera angles during the replay I had never seen before. In fact I think there were different or new replay camera angles at a lot of tracks- Trial Mountain had a couple different ones that I don't remember too.

Yeah the ffb has changed and with how the suspension feels and all of the physics changes I am still trying to get used to it

I definitely like the FF and physics changes so far, but I only did the K-car events with comfort soft tires- but it felt very 'real'..

BWX

You know I feel all sorts of differences too. Better sense of speed, better tire grip, my g27 tells me a lot more now.

I drove an oil changed stock tire 09 zr1 no assists abs 0 with a 3-1 brake bias that would lock up if needed around Nurburgring just prior to update and after the update there is just so much difference in overall handling, steering felt better with less understeer, tire grip was higher and they talk differently, brakes at 3-1 wouldn't lock up any more 4-2 was better, 5-3 may even be viable.

Shifting with the clutch is better but the heel toe downshifting felt "EASIER" meaning not nearly the engine brake upsetting the chassis from poorly executed downshifts while using the clutch. Not sure how to look at that yet. Before if you went from 4th gear full throttle then clutch in off the throttle shift to 2nd gear let engine return to idle and let out the clutch you were going to lock the rear tires and spin out like what would happen in real life, now in the straits it seems to just overrev until you get down to the speed where that gear is happy but in the corners if done it will still kick out the rear of the car.

The steering feels like it's from an update quite awhile ago, but refined a bit more. The steering has felt a little muddy for a while and this feels good.

Yup the steering has felt muddy for a while. I remember when they changed it from feeling bumps to not feeling bumps in an update a while ago but I don't remember which update. Now it's back to how it was before, but better.

I wish the FF would let off when understeer happens.. maybe someday.

I don't know if this has been posted before -and if yes, sorry- but in tsukuba the black lines that mark the time spots (sorry for the english) are now wider. :confused:

Agreed, FF is noticeably better.
G27: Better
CSRE: Amazing

I think there may be a G27 up for sale soon, this Fanatec wheel with the new physics tweeks is very nice. I hope this is a taste of what GT6 (uh..hum, tire pressure) will feel like.

It may well be a simple placebo effect, brought on just by the mere fact of the update existing, but some of the cars I've driven since installing the update seem to sound "richer" to me. In some cases there are layers I've never actually heard coming through before.

The Ford GT LM Test Car sounds like it's either had a new sample or different mix levels added. There were a few others but this one had the most impact on me.

Like I say though, it could just be my ears playing tricks on me though.

There's another undocumented change. I'll write it out in PD fashion.

GT5 INFORMATION
Bug notice (2.08)

A bug has been released for Gran Turismo 5. The main contents of the bugs are as follows:

*stuff*

[Correction of Known Issues]
- Fixed an issue where the game would load and you could see the screen upon entering a track, particularly online.

- Fixed an issue where a black screen with the "Gran Turismo 5" logo would only appear occasionally. The black screen and "Gran Turismo 5" logo will now appear 3 times more frequently.

- Fixed an issue where a black screen with the "Gran Turismo 5" logo would only appear when entering Free Run. The black screen and "Gran Turismo 5" logo will now also appear when a race is due to start.

- Fixed an issue where a black screen with the "Gran Turismo 5" logo would often load after a lengthy wait. The game will no longer attempt to load if there is a black screen with the "Gran Turismo 5" logo, and the black screen will remain permanently.

- Fixed an issue where a black screen with the "Gran Turismo 5" logo could be fixed by entering the Playstation™ XMB by pressing the PS Home button on the controller, and then signing out of the PSN. You will now have to enter the Playstation™ XMB by pressing the PS Home button on the controller, and then quit the game entirely.

[To Check Your Current Version]
To check the version of your bugs, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.

If the number starts with "Ver. 2.08", you are playing the latest bugs of the game.

If not, please press the PS button and quit the game. The bugs will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is new, but first time I noticed. I fitted sports medium tires for the latest seasonal and PP increased by 1.

Have the right turn traffic signs always been at the start of the Nürburgring?
Yes, but for a long time they were wrong: It had signs pointing straight at Nordschleife, and signs pointing right at 24h. This was fixed a few updates ago.

And <sigh> it looks like they STILL haven't fixed the description for the '54 Vette; it still shows the one for the Silverado SST. I know I could just go on the net and read all I could ever want to about the car, but dammit it just bugs me that there has been such an obvious and easily fixable error in the game for almost two freakin' years now.

Last edited:
Is it just me or have some/all cars dropped a performance point?? Not a big deal really but something i just noticed.:dopey: Apologies if already mentioned.:ouch:

Is it just me or have some/all cars dropped a performance point?? Not a big deal really but something i just noticed.:dopey: Apologies if already mentioned.:ouch:
Maybe some did, but definitely not all. I'd have noticed it otherwise.

Some have. For example, Calsonic GT-R max aero, fully ran in etc has dropped from 610 to 609. Same with the Lexus SC430. The NSX however has remained at 600.

Back