The Update 2.08 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 255 comments
haha! that's classic. I don't watch qualifying but I'm going to comment on what's realistic. :lol: đź‘Ť

You may have heard of Formula 1 or this little event called the 24 hours of Le Mans? But the other poster is correct, pretty much anything that doesn't run an an oval does open track qualifying.

Yep. I don't watch qualifying but thought I knew enough about it or had seen enough clips and never noticed traffic. :shame:

It still doesn't make sense to me.

Like others have said, though, drafting in GT5 is too strong to make it count during qualifyingÂ…especially in high downforce cars.

Yeah. That's a problem. If you're trying to set qualifying times you're either going to have to somehow guarantee that nobody is close enough for a draft or make everyone travel in a pack. Neither is acceptable. PD is so thoughtless.

Why can't you set qualification times with draft on?

It's hard to avoid in races where there are several classes. Take Le Mans for example, there are prototypes and sports cars on a 13 km. track at the same time, drafting is unavoidable and a natural part of it. However, traffic is often regarded as a disadvantage in qualyfying sessions. The only reason that it isn't so in GT5 is because the drafting effect is too strong.

The Chevrolet team in the STCC actually used drafting as a tactic to get a better time in one of the qualifications last year. They had two cars on the track and when the first driver set his fast lap the second driver positioned himself so that the other car would get as much draft as possible on the long straight. It worked, they got the pole position đź‘Ť

Last edited:
The tire thing ain't listed in known issues, but it might have been caused by one that was fixed. I would point to the not hearing your car when driving with others online.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- Corrected an issue where experience and rewards were not awarded when racing online on the Twin Ring Motegi.
- Corrected an issue where the tires become changed when resuming an interrupted endurance race.
- Corrected an issue where when switching from a setting sheet with dirt/snow tires to a sheet with normal tires, the dirt/snow tires remain displayed.
- Lessened an issue where the tires and car would jump violently when going over angled bumps on road surfaces or sharp cornerstones.
- Corrected an issue where there was a problem with the Twin Ring Motegi Course name displayed when searching in the Open Lobby.
- Improved an issue where it was difficult to hear your own car when driving with other cars in online races, etc.

[Correction of Known Issues]

- Corrected an issue where when switching from a setting sheet with dirt/snow tires to a sheet with normal tires, the dirt/snow tires remain displayed.

- Improved an issue where it was difficult to hear your own car when driving with other cars in online races, etc.
Thanks PD :'D

K1LLD0z3R
- Corrected an issue where there was a problem with the Twin Ring Motegi Course name displayed when searching in the Open Lobby.

Can you elaborate on this one please? Is it that they changed it from "motegi" to "Twin Ring Motegi" in the first search list when choosing a lobby?

Have they altered the other list once in a room, so that the 4 tracks are easier to find?

cally-dave
Can you elaborate on this one please? Is it that they changed it from "motegi" to "Twin Ring Motegi" in the first search list when choosing a lobby?

Have they altered the other list once in a room, so that the 4 tracks are easier to find?

Yes to first question, no to second.

cally-dave
Ok, cheers Nielsen. They have sorted half of that problem then :-)

Don't expect the other "problem" to be fixed, all tracks are sorted according to their distance and therefore the variations are scattered all over the place.

Yeah I understand that they are sorted by track length, but the track names themselves coukd do with altering, so that it stars with TRM then east/west/road/speedway. I have to search the list a couple of times before I find em, and I dont have that issue with any other circuit

I just want to ask a question which has been asked in this thread earlier but has received no answer, just for emphasis. Has the interior glitch in photo travel been corrected in this update? Thanks in advance!

Lewis_Hamilton_
Successfully played over 20 races without the tire sound cutting out. I could never get through more than 5 races before the tire screeching disappeared previously.

Will need a few more nights of racing or input from other members to confirm whether this issue has finally been fixed.

Forget everything else, THIS is what I wanted!! I'll test it tonight!

Kerb sounds are lower to the point of being non-existant meaning you can't hear the rumble strips as you cross them now.

R8 race care ps team oreca now sounds like its been recorded through an 80's synth...

I just want to ask a question which has been asked in this thread earlier but has received no answer, just for emphasis. Has the interior glitch in photo travel been corrected in this update? Thanks in advance!

A really nice friend tested it for me when I asked him on PSN, and he successed, so I guess it's not fixed. :)
Now I only wait for Toronado's pictures. If it's something interesting I'll try the R32 before I install 2.08 and try if the glitch works myself.

Kerb sounds are lower to the point of being non-existant meaning you can't hear the rumble strips as you cross them now.

You sure about that? It could be a glitch as the curbs in my game are loud as ever.

Couldn't see a bug thread so thought I'd post here. Last night after updating and hitting an online room that was currently running Tsukuba, I found something rather peculiar. I pulled over on the right side of the front straight after the pit exit and just before the corner, applied the park brake, and after a few seconds my car reset itself in the middle of the track. I thought I may have rolled back into the pits, so I did it again, same thing, moved forward further, and same thing. It wasn't until I pulled all the way off the track that it would sit there as it should.

There's a satisfying thunk when your wheel rejoins the road after getting it off the track by clipping a kerb now however.

Is it just how I'm driving today or do the LSD settings feel a little less wheel spinny been trying to get the r8 to kick out as it used to pre update and it just won't no matter how much power I put through the wheels...

Could be my driving today I guess...

Evil X
Couldn't see a bug thread so thought I'd post here. Last night after updating and hitting an online room that was currently running Tsukuba, I found something rather peculiar. I pulled over on the right side of the front straight after the pit exit and just before the corner, applied the park brake, and after a few seconds my car reset itself in the middle of the track. I thought I may have rolled back into the pits, so I did it again, same thing, moved forward further, and same thing. It wasn't until I pulled all the way off the track that it would sit there as it should.

Collision avoidance?

You sure about that? It could be a glitch as the curbs in my game are loud as ever.

Hmmm nurburgring seasonal challenge 4 maybe the r8's synth engine is drowning it out but 5.1 ss system all Sony kit so I don't think it's just the game load glitch. There there but just not at previous levels in fact unnoticeable really you have to strain to hear them....

I dunno if this is old or not but on the Dodge Challenger R/T '70 both RM and non, there is a delay between pressing the lights button to when the lights turn on

Items such as paint and clothing items do not always group into one item if you have several of the same type. (This one is actually easy to spot).

I'm sure that has been there since release? I have a lot of paints the exact same colour but often show as seperate chips.

Can anybody test and confirm if the phototravel glitch (allowing car and camera movements outside of the actual given areas - pretty popular glitch lately as it also allows to move the camera inside the car and take great interior shots) is fixed? I fear to download 2.08 (haven't done it yet) because losing that glitch would be a huge step back to me... and I'm worried PD don't get the new possibilities of that glitch and just fix it like any other fun glitch in the game so far :(

I'd also like to know if this has been fixed or not. Haven't had a chance to test it myself yet, but I sure as hell hope they haven't fixed it. :nervous:

One obvious one is the cars are available to buy now in the game but sony hasn't updated the PSN yet in the UK to allow you to buy the dlc... Duh Sony.... Must we really wait 2 days for you to pull your finger out...

Back