The Update 2.08 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 255 comments
the last time i used the concept citroen race car(funny looking thing) im fairly sure it had paddle shifters, just did a b spec race with that car and was viewing through cockpit view and noticed the driver reaches down for a stick everytime he shifts up or down. was it like this before the update too?

the last time i used the concept citroen race car(funny looking thing) im fairly sure it had paddle shifters, just did a b spec race with that car and was viewing through cockpit view and noticed the driver reaches down for a stick everytime he shifts up or down. was it like this before the update too?

Yep.

There is a new option on online rooms under "Grid Order" that makes the player that finished 1st on the previous race to start the next race in pole position.

After further experimentation I find that if you don’t depress the clutch you can shift without using it at all, however if you depress even just once then you need to use it for the rest of the race – it will then go into neutral when you shift into neutral and will also go into neutral if you attempt a shift without the clutch. So it seems there is now a choice to powershift and the change down into second gear when using the clutch does appear easier.

So, I take back my earlier criticism and apologise to PD !

It's always been like that, even before this update.

Do your car's engine sound still gets really low when near other cars (and their's is high)? I can't test it now and this was really annoying for me.

There is a new option on online rooms under "Grid Order" that makes the player that finished 1st on the previous race to start the next race in pole position.

Nice they're still adding things like that but surely it'd be better for racing the other way around?

That would be a problem with straight up regular racing series, yes; but for Shuffle races or races with progressively changing PP values I think that could be a very useful option. Rewards the race winner without making much difference in the following race.

Exhaust sounds when using cockpit view are weaker, (and maybe, Fully-Customizable Transmission sound has been made a bit louder) making the noise of the FC Transmission more noticeable. I'm playing as of right now, I just did the Drift Trial Seasonals and have an online lobby up, I'm experimenting different cars and different views. In Chase Cam view (outside of car), it's the same. Very faint transmission sound, very noticeable exhaust sound. But for the cockpit view, transmission sound is louder, albeit equal in volume to the exhaust sound.

I think I may need other people to confirm this.

I'm playing with surround sound (5.1 speaker) and also notice the transmission noisethat is up again but not as much as before they bring it down.
Also, in chase view, I still hear the exhaust in my rear speakers, when prior to the update the sound will only come out the front one.

Thanks for confirming that guys. 👍

At least it's finally possible to get slipstream practice without running a race.

It has been always like that in the GT by Citroen car, both Race and Road versions. There are no paddle shifters behind the steering wheel of both cars. Although, the driver reaches out for some kind of switches when changing gears, not a gear stick or gear lever.

I have yet to check that out.

Draft is turned on in free run mode
Yep, there is draft in free run. Absolute fact.

This one, too.

Yes! Draft in free run is a big 👍 to PD from me. Makes for a more realistic Qualifying. Sometimes you get blocked, sometimes you get that perfect draft down the home straight.

Last edited:
Can anybody test and confirm if the phototravel glitch (allowing car and camera movements outside of the actual given areas - pretty popular glitch lately as it also allows to move the camera inside the car and take great interior shots) is fixed? I fear to download 2.08 (haven't done it yet) because losing that glitch would be a huge step back to me... and I'm worried PD don't get the new possibilities of that glitch and just fix it like any other fun glitch in the game so far :(

From Slump, if you enable "no collisions" then it actually disables draft...
True, although it makes absolutely no sense.
Extremely annoying anyway.... why didn't they simply give us both options?

Yeah. That's a problem. If you're trying to set qualifying times you're either going to have to somehow guarantee that nobody is close enough for a draft or make everyone travel in a pack. Neither is acceptable. PD is so thoughtless.

True, although it makes absolutely no sense.
Extremely annoying anyway.... why didn't they simply give us both options?

But they're non-solid objects... physics wise it makes no sense for them to cause a draft effect. I would have been laughing if they didn't disable the draft with the collisions.

Yeah. That's a problem. If you're trying to set qualifying times you're either going to have to somehow guarantee that nobody is close enough for a draft or make everyone travel in a pack. Neither is acceptable. PD is so thoughtless.

I think it's a big improvement since you can now run a "race" for qualifying. No-draft, no-collisions, and I get to save the replay to police corner cutting. 👍
+ now in free-run you can run draft testing without needing to run a race and accumulate mileage.
+ free-run quali can be run with the draft which is technically more realistic.

Latest Posts

Back