The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,578 comments
Do you think PD has changed the fuel usage for this race?
A car I used to use: the new NSX I can't run a non stop race, have to pit end of lap 10 for fuel, FM6 all race. Apart from last 2 laps. Used to be able to run it without pitting. Add extra fuel at end to run FM1
I know this is the non-exploit thread but I ran my Escudo after 1.30 went live and it gets the exact same fuel efficiency as 1.29 and prior. Maybe it only changed for certain cars?

I haven't noticed any changes to the fuel usage. You may be trying to get more agressive to your driving to get lower times. I have found when I try this I see my tire wear and fuel usage to be a bit higher. I find my times only come marginally down and I tend to make a small mistake here and there which can lead to an overall longer race time.

Do you think PD has changed the fuel usage for this race?
A car I used to use: the new NSX I can't run a non stop race, have to pit end of lap 10 for fuel, FM6 all race. Apart from last 2 laps. Used to be able to run it without pitting. Add extra fuel at end to run FM1
Maybe for some specific cars or even more specific setups, there can always be some change (intentional or not), but at least for the cars that I have used the last time, there was no change.

Maybe for some specific cars or even more specific setups, there can always be some change (intentional or not), but at least for the cars that I have used the last time, there was no change.
Wondering if it might be down to mileage. I always change oil when it gets to good.
But in terms of throttle usage etc. It's marginal. Roughly the same. Only way with no stops is if I upshift sooner. Run higher gear through the slower corners.
But I find that the A.I catch me up on the last lap and I run out of fuel on the last straight. Either get over taken or just make it to line in time.

Wondering if it might be down to mileage. I always change oil when it gets to good.
1. I havnt noticed this yet, have done Tokyo quite a lot with a single car and it hasnt changed as far as I am concerned.
2. You can wait until "bad" without worrying about it. "good" has no negative impact and when it goes "bad" your cars dont explode ;)

3. If you like to: tinkering around with gear ratios can be a good way of improving the fuel economy without losing speed (or only to such a degree you wont notice). Of course also less downforce means better fuel range while at the same time more speed, whereas more power means more speed for more fuel spent.

Last edited:
I'm trying a Camaro SS build that is quite fast, but the car wants to kill you at every moment of the race. Snap oversteer is an understatement, even with traction control all the way up. 228mph down the straight but I can't quite tame the back end of this car to be reliable on the back half of the track.

I'm trying a Camaro SS build that is quite fast, but the car wants to kill you at every moment of the race. Snap oversteer is an understatement, even with traction control all the way up. 228mph down the straight but I can't quite tame the back end of this car to be reliable on the back half of the track.

I had a Golf MK1 with the quattro engine swap. About the same on the straights. But does it want to turn. NO. 😂
Not bad on fuel either.

I honestly haven't played this race since Thanksgiving once I got all the cars - love this race, but it was 97% of my grinding time. Took me a couple months to get back into playing and I think the reset in playing allowed me to enjoy the game without chasing credits like I did for so long.

I had a Golf MK1 with the quattro engine swap. About the same on the straights. But does it want to turn. NO. 😂
Not bad on fuel either.
The Camaro can turn, has really good brakes and actually does a pretty good job on the slower speed parts of the track, but the high speed turns are where it wants to throw you over the barriers. One moment all is fine, the next you are smashed in to a wall. I'm sure it can get tamed with some suspension adjustments, but I dont really understand what adjustment would be helpful in the situation.

The Camaro can turn, has really good brakes and actually does a pretty good job on the slower speed parts of the track, but the high speed turns are where it wants to throw you over the barriers. One moment all is fine, the next you are smashed in to a wall. I'm sure it can get tamed with some suspension adjustments, but I dont really understand what adjustment would be helpful in the situation.
Can you install a wing? This sounds like one of the borked cars with no rear grip at high speed.

The usual fix for this is putting on a wing and setting rear downforce to max (with NO front downforce).

Can you install a wing? This sounds like one of the borked cars with no rear grip at high speed.

The usual fix for this is putting on a wing and setting rear downforce to max (with NO front downforce).
It's a glitch build, so no, I can't change the rear downforce. However, with TC5 and no more than 90% throttle exiting the fast sweepers on the back side I managed to complete the race without spinning out if control. Ran a 25:34.309 with a fastest lap in the high 1:58's. If lapped traffic didn't get in the way so much that would have been closer to a 25:20 race time.

It's definetly not as fast as the AMG and it's far less stable, so I'm not sure how much use this build will get. I know this is a thread for non-glitch builds, so I'm not posting the setup but if anyone wants to try to tame the beast with some other suspension settings I can share through DM.

25x tire wear.

187318b9e4d17-screenshotUrl.jpg

There was something written about changes for the WTC600 Tokyo race. Was it just the tire wear or did they change penalties again? Haven't done the race since touching another car loses der CRB.

My grind machine was the swapped Honda BEAT with intermediate and hard race tires, now for me its an impossible race…

They have also reduced the life of the wet Tires on dry asphalt in other grind races too (LM) ..

Last edited:
My grind machine was the swapped Honda BEAT with intermediate and hard race tires, now for me its an impossible race…

They have also reduced the life of the wet Tires on dry asphalt in other grind races too (LM) ..
The developers made their intention for this event a bit more clear it seems.
Though it sucks when ones favourite option is made unviable, there are other cars that arent slower.

There was something written about changes for the WTC600 Tokyo race. Was it just the tire wear or did they change penalties again? Haven't done the race since touching another car loses der CRB.
Did tokyo wtc600 right now with an engine swapped audi tts. Rammed ai drivers, getting car damage. Didnt get CRB. Dont know what happens with only light contacts but it seems there was no change to penalty system.

Yeah, so? Exactly my question.
I think the only change is the increased tyre wear. Though with my single test run I dont see any change.
Stratos Sports Medium basicaly as good as fresh. With that car tyre wear could as well be set to 100 and it wouldnt need to pit.
1680243825873.png

just before the finishing line, no pitting
1680243923196.png

Last edited:
Back