The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,578 comments
25:43.281 w/ 2:04.409 fastest lap in the Aston DP-100. Pit for fresh tires after lap 7. I wish this car had a little bit better turn in. Sometimes it sticks, other times it just understeers in to the fast corners. Feels like there is no rhyme or reason for the different behavior. Anyway, I think a 2:03 lap time is possible and somewhere in the 25:30's final race with 1 pit stop can be done.

20230407_233809.jpg

First time for ages i did that race. In Mistahs Toyota MR2 Tune. Did get the CRB on second try, no wall riding. I think i am back. :-)

I may need some helpful guides/hints for this one. Can I try using the Veyron, or the Vulcan here. I'm sure i'll need a power restrictor b/c the PP points cannot exceed a certain number. I agree with some of you, this is probably the hardest event in the game to win and get a CRB on.

I may need some helpful guides/hints for this one. Can I try using the Veyron, or the Vulcan here. I'm sure i'll need a power restrictor b/c the PP points cannot exceed a certain number. I agree with some of you, this is probably the hardest event in the game to win and get a CRB on.
II guess the timing was a bit off but the post above yours has a video about the Veyron for this race so might be worth a look at.

I personally haven't done this one in a while so IU might try the car myself.

1 stop, 3rd place at 27:38 in the van. Fastest lap of 2:13.1. 11.2 seconds behind Kokubun in 1st.

I think second place is possible for us mortals, but 1st is going to require some seriously impressive driving. I was 8 seconds behind Gallo but was in 2nd place on lap 11. He passed me on the straight in to lap 12 and I couldnt catch back up to him on the back with my front tires completely red. Lots of 2:14's and 2:13's.

If someone with more skill than me wants to try to win with the van, I would love to see it.

1 stop, 3rd place at 27:38 in the van. Fastest lap of 2:13.1. 11.2 seconds behind Kokubun in 1st.

I think second place is possible for us mortals, but 1st is going to require some seriously impressive driving. I was 8 seconds behind Gallo but was in 2nd place on lap 11. He passed me on the straight in to lap 12 and I couldnt catch back up to him on the back with my front tires completely red. Lots of 2:14's and 2:13's.

If someone with more skill than me wants to try to win with the van, I would love to see it.
1681122157513.png

My AI was a bit slower, so though I was on 27:40 I finished 2nd.
Tyres were not a big deal, even in that state they still offered enough traction to still improve laptimes.
I feel if I find the perfect gear ratios, a victory would have been within reach with Kokubuns lead this time.
Coming out of the pits (no tyre change), the automatic drive was putting me just a tid away of switching gears - I expected it to happen and reacted to slow = lost speed.

Last edited:
View attachment 1246732

My AI was a bit slower, so though I was on 27:40 I finished 2nd.
Tyres were not a big deal, even in that state they still offered enough traction to still improve laptimes.
I feel if I find the perfect gear ratios, a victory would have been within reach with Kokubuns lead this time.
Coming out of the pits (no tyre change), the automatic drive was putting me just a tid away of switching gears - I expected it to happen and reacted to slow = lost speed.
So you did a 2 pit strategy? High rpm turbo or medium? Are you FM1 the whole way around or are you adjusting it? I wonder if FM1 with big time short shifting would last 6 laps or not. Maybe it would give just a bit better acceleration and lead to 1 second faster lap times on average.

So you did a 2 pit strategy? High rpm turbo or medium? Are you FM1 the whole way around or are you adjusting it? I wonder if FM1 with big time short shifting would last 6 laps or not. Maybe it would give just a bit better acceleration and lead to 1 second faster lap times on average.
1 pit strategy, FM1 all the way, no tyre change. As the power curve was very smooth I picked the med RPM turbo und shortshifted at around 50% powerband indicator. I think I had 6.8 laps of fuel like that.
In the last few laps I did high 1.53 laps, but I almost took the whole race to get accustomed to how sensitive the van is to steering inpu.

1 pit strategy, FM1 all the way, no tyre change. As the power curve was very smooth I picked the med RPM turbo und shortshifted at around 50% powerband indicator. I think I had 6.8 laps of fuel like that.
In the last few laps I did high 1.53 laps, but I almost took the whole race to get accustomed to how sensitive the van is to steering inpu.
I'll have to give the FM1 short shift strategy a shot. If it's just a little faster it may be what is necessary to win this one. I'm kind of on a mission now to see if I can get this van to win the race. CRB be damned.

A run with the Alphard

Not possible with non stop run so tried the 1 pit strategy
Using manual transmission for less pp to get more power.
(The car got the diffuser but not the wing.)

Not the cleanest run and didn't get the CRB.(I didn't care much getting the CRB since PD nerfed it)

Last edited:
BWM
A run with the Alphard

Not the cleanest run and didn't get the CRB.(I didn't care much getting the CRB since PD nerfed it)

Very nice. So I need to cut ~8ish seconds off my time. Looks like FM1 is the way to go. Should really help with the lap times.

Very nice. So I need to cut ~8ish seconds off my time. Looks like FM1 is the way to go. Should really help with the lap times.
BWM was faster, seems medium tyres are the better option, did it on sports hard.
But of luck can be involved in the AI runs.
1681159345400.png

BWM
A run with the Alphard

Super impressive run!! I am running the same strategy but am much slower so it looks like I need to practice more.

Well, had my best race against Kokubun. Stayed ahead of him for 3 laps by blocking him on the main straight, then gaining a few seconds on him on the back side, then blocking and gaining and blocking, but my tires just couldn't keep up. He finally out broke me in to turn 1 on lap 12 then I executed turn 2 poorly and it was all over. The only chance I had to catch him was through the chicane but I couldn't go fast enough to catch him. Got 2nd place but lost by 3.44 seconds. With all my blocking he ran a 27:36 to my 27.39. Fastest lap of 2:12.898. FM1 on the straight, FM4 with short shifting everywhere else. I tried big time short shifting with FM1 the whole way and I can't make it past 5 laps. Had to do a second pit on lap 10 for 2 more laps of fuel and ran mid 27:40's.

Good race overall and I really thought I had a chance on this one. My blocking technique was really working well but I need to figure out how to keep my tires from wearing out. I've tried the brake balance fully to the rear, torque vectoring so it's a bit more rear biased. Unfortunately both fronts are full red on lap 11 and the left rear goes full red on lap 12. Right rear is on its last leg.

Last edited:
My blocking technique was really working well but I need to figure out how to keep my tires from wearing out. I've tried the brake balance fully to the rear, torque vectoring so it's a bit more rear biased. Unfortunately both fronts are full red on lap 11 and the left rear goes full red on lap 12. Right rear is on its
Im not sure what its like after the physics change but in v1.30 I was tuning an RX7 for Sardegna and camber was having quite a significant effect on tire wear. I am going to do some experiments myself next time i'm on as my tires are very worn by the end also

Taking a break from the van and tried the Toyota Tundra truck on easy difficulty. Unfortunately, my 27:49.7 was 6.7 seconds too slow to win. Got 2nd place. Admittedly, I was trying to keep the CRB thinking this would be an easy win so I was a bit timid trying to pass traffic which likely cost me the race. Now I know 2nd place with a CRB nets you 495k credits. Driving dirty and winning is 550k. Looks like I'll be driving dirty next time. Fastest lap of 2:12.7. I don't think this truck has a chance at winning on hard difficulty no matter who is driving.

Last edited:
That’s impressive. I’ve run it a few times with that car and I’m averaging 25:30. I run with 0 stops, and most of my laps average 2:05 after lap 3, with one in the 2:04s.

Do you stop for new tires? I’ve been assuming that any lap time improvements from doing that would be offset by the pit time.

Are you doing anything special for your tune?

I’m guessing you’re just faster :)

Porsche Cayman GT4 '16
20230411_234624.jpg

26:56 race time
2:09.561 fastest lap

This car is a joy to drive. I never thought I would say that about a MR Porsche in GT7 but whatever they did to the physics, this car is super stable. I'm sure there is a lot more time this car can make up, but for a first try this wasn't too bad of a drive. I would love if someone could tune the suspension of this car to be a bit more slippery. Make it dance a bit more. I would think it could go 2:07's pretty easily. Still lots of room in the tuning to try a SH tire build with more power or try to do a no stop race as this car is pretty good with fuel and tires. It would be fun to see where this car can run its best race.

Front and side aero, no rear diffuser, small wing, 20" wide/wide wheels, no wide body.
20230411_234343.jpg

20230411_234405.jpg

20230411_233302.jpg

P.S. look at that fastest lap by Gallo. I don't think I've ever seen the AI run that fast before.

Back