Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
I just want to say, these forums have amazing ideas on them, if all of these ideas are put into action, GT6's awesomeness just might cause heart attacks. YOU CAN DO IT PD!!

Every car to come with it's unique number,like a chassis number if you like,which will be issued from the PD servers after you buy a car from the dealerships.This number will stay with the car for it's history in the game.

The same customisation options when buying a new car as you would in real life.They could take the options from the manufacturers websites possibly?

On-line marketplace to trade cars etc.

Different tyre manufactures for tyre choices.

A more detailed track creator mode.

Longer A-Spec

Tougher AI

More premiums,bigger car choice.More supercars and European hot hatches.

More open road tracks,A to B kinda thing.

License tests.I didn't see the point in them in GT5 as you could race without passing them 1st.If they include them again then make them mandatory before you can race like previous GT's.

Not fussed if I would have to wait until the next PS for those to be included as it may be a bit much to ask for that on a PS3!

I will do my best to organize everyone's requests into categories for easy reference.

UPDATED TO POST #568

It has come to my attention that some of my wishes have not been included in your main list. While I understand that some of my requests may be a bit far fetched
  • Plot involving North Korean secret agents, the Israeli - Palestine conflict, an autistic savant, a group of gay rights activists, and sadistic furries. (Everything is better with sadistic furries)
there are some requests very similar to mine which have appeared in the main list, but mine have not. eg:

GAMEPLAY - Photomode
  • 3D female models to pose near or on car (Danica Patrick etc)

GAMEPLAY - Start Grid
  • Ability to customize grid girl clothing
  • Grid girls
  • Promo girls in bikinis, mini skirts, and micro skirts

• 3D male models to pose near car
  • Promo boys in bikinis, mini skirts, and micro skirts

This might be over kill:
- OEM driving modes for cars that come with comfort, sports, race, etc. modes. For example, put an Audi R8 in sports mode after being in comfort and there is a slight difference in performance; dampers stiffen, throttle response tweaked, etc. No mods or tuning needed because the car comes with these abilities from the factory. Think Lamborghini and switching to Corsa mode (Corsa right???).

Various, etc

• More choice of alloys
• Ability to use any alloy from any vehicle and place them on another vehicle
• Design your very own alloy from a pre-set or something else
• Refurbish an alloy from wear, tear, dirt or damage
• Spacers
• White wall wheels
• Design your own sticker (wheels, extirior)
• Custom paint job
• Choice of exhaust

General customisation of designing the cars look.

1- Physics that are as realistic as netkar pro A.K.A. the most realistic sim to date
2- Full mechanical damage that can't be shut off, especially not online
3- Course maker, but much improved with 10 environments, including one that's the side of a mountain so we can make some awesome touge point to point stages
4- More customization, full aero kits, multiple options for each body kit part, engine and drivetrain swaps, but some limitations (a modded prius should never be able to beat a ferrari, that's blasphemy)
5- Better backrounds and trees
6- Better Hood view
7- More force feedback strength
8- Better Off-track/grass physics, and get rid of the stupid built in aid the kicks in when we drive on grass
9- better weather effects like puddles and rain drops streaking across all views like in F1 2010
10- Better engine sound, more ambient sound effects when going through different environments, but keep the same car on car collision sounds, they're awesome

Full mechanical damage that can't be shut off, especially not online
What good would that do?

4- More customization, full aero kits, multiple options for each body kit part, engine and drivetrain swaps, but some limitations (a modded prius should never be able to beat a ferrari, that's blasphemy)
Artificially making a Prius slower than a Ferrari is just bad design.

It's my debut to the GT6 forum! This post surely does not involve things besides cars and tracks.

At one point after letting go of GT5 and not being as active in GT5, I began to really think about GT5. I think GT5 was purely a sign that there are people who keep saying that PD doesn't listen to its fans. Well, they must have listened to hearing My Chemical Romance. They must have listened when people thought the city map should be replaced with GT5's GT Mode menu.

I realized I haven't answered the main question. So let me do that, please? Okay. The biggest thing I'd like to see is Polyphony Digital try something new and infuse some new sort of character and personality. For example, think of the many races and tuning options like what the Shift games- the Works cars and everything. Maybe PD should try to enhance the focus on motorsport with some fresh new ideas for the series. I think PD has to have a better motorsports focus to add some longevity and not make it seem like buying a car and overpowering it to coast through races. I am not saying GT has to be ToCA or any SimBin game, but I'd appreciate a finer motorsports focus.

I'd feel guilty mentioning Forza in a GT discussion, but I take impressions even from the Forza Motorsport series. Forza's lineup of races and how everything is executed makes GT's race model and racing career model seem like an uninspired hot mess of races. Even "NFS: Shift" and "Shift 2 Unleashed" have not only a great lineup of races, but also excellent execution and diversification of events. In other words... this HAS to change for GT6 based on what we've seen in GT5.

The one thing I'd like to see for Gran Turismo 6 is really something new and fresh for the series. I don't know what exactly, but they should try some new concepts and deviations from the GT norm. I'd be interested in something completely different while still maintaining that GT charisma. There are just too many things in my mind about what (besides cars and tracks) I want to see changed for GT6. What needs to change may fully be influenced on how much of a disappointment GT5 is, what you think should be changed, and how many changes will make you happy for GT6 to be a leaps-and-bounds improvement over GT5.

JohnBM01
It's my debut to the GT6 forum! This post surely does not involve things besides cars and tracks.

At one point after letting go of GT5 and not being as active in GT5, I began to really think about GT5. I think GT5 was purely a sign that there are people who keep saying that PD doesn't listen to its fans. Well, they must have listened to hearing My Chemical Romance. They must have listened when people thought the city map should be replaced with GT5's GT Mode menu.

I realized I haven't answered the main question. So let me do that, please? Okay. The biggest thing I'd like to see is Polyphony Digital try something new and infuse some new sort of character and personality. For example, think of the many races and tuning options like what the Shift games- the Works cars and everything. Maybe PD should try to enhance the focus on motorsport with some fresh new ideas for the series. I think PD has to have a better motorsports focus to add some longevity and not make it seem like buying a car and overpowering it to coast through races. I am not saying GT has to be ToCA or any SimBin game, but I'd appreciate a finer motorsports focus.

I'd feel guilty mentioning Forza in a GT discussion, but I take impressions even from the Forza Motorsport series. Forza's lineup of races and how everything is executed makes GT's race model and racing career model seem like an uninspired hot mess of races. Even "NFS: Shift" and "Shift 2 Unleashed" have not only a great lineup of races, but also excellent execution and diversification of events. In other words... this HAS to change for GT6 based on what we've seen in GT5.

The one thing I'd like to see for Gran Turismo 6 is really something new and fresh for the series. I don't know what exactly, but they should try some new concepts and deviations from the GT norm. I'd be interested in something completely different while still maintaining that GT charisma. There are just too many things in my mind about what (besides cars and tracks) I want to see changed for GT6. What needs to change may fully be influenced on how much of a disappointment GT5 is, what you think should be changed, and how many changes will make you happy for GT6 to be a leaps-and-bounds improvement over GT5.

Damn, you joined in 2003? Awesome!
lol sorry, that interested me.

Maybe PD can hire this guy to improve their car sounds :D

omfg thats amazing. I must learn how to do this.

I think i could troll people in school with this to make them think theres a lambo.........in the middle of the country land of ohio.........at a school.

Very unlikely but i wanna troll

The ability to police cars in an online lobby.
Like the settings sheet, but available for all to see. Perhaps not display every setting, but at least what parts are fitted on the car. I.e Clutch: Single Plate, Fully Cutomaizable Transmission etc.

The ability to police cars in an online lobby.
Like the settings sheet, but available for all to see. Perhaps not display every setting, but at least what parts are fitted on the car. I.e Clutch: Single Plate, Fully Cutomaizable Transmission etc.

Howabout do that in your dads car on the way to school lool. V10 power Pontiac VOLTS!

Leveling system needs to be more balanced. To go from level 34-35 shouldnt take as long as it took to go from level 1-34. And as already mentioned the level limit needs to be increased, perhaps 100 levels instead of 40.

Levels need to be used online to restrict low level players from certain rooms. Tired of rammers and people who dont know how to drive or aren't interested in learning how to drive? Simply set a level limit on your room to keep noobs and losers out.

I would like it if GT6 featured full steering wheel rotation, and also make it so the steering wheel slides back through the drivers hands.

Personally, all I really want them to do is under-promise and over-deliver.

No more showing us tracks, cars or features that never make it into the game. Flags, immense damage and other things that are used to promote the game, (and in turn have us scrambling for the shops and making pre-orders) should be on the disc we get from day one.

Levels need to be used online to restrict low level players from certain rooms. Tired of rammers and people who dont know how to drive or aren't interested in learning how to drive? Simply set a level limit on your room to keep noobs and losers out.
I think they also need to address how these levels are achieved. Simply racing a million low spec races to get to level 100 will allow the rammers the ability to reach these higher levels. It really should be based on the ability to drive, rather than how often you drive, which the current system seems to use.

Last edited:
I would like if you could choose the gender of your driver. Male or female... lol.

Its soo lame to see guys as girls in games. they should make being male or female unchangeable after you have chosen.

Or it choses your gender by what it says in your psn details.

Back