Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
ZedMan1996
What is the point in cruise rooms?

Not everyone plays GT just to race race race race race race race. Some ppl actually like to cruise and drive realistically. Not everyone is a speed hungry savage.

A proper UI

Seasons/economy

GT games have always been more about collecting, tuning and driving cars, though i don't think this is a good reason to neglect the structure of the racing. What i think GT really needs is a certain economy for the early game, making buying upgrades far more significant and making different upgrade tiers mean more (who buys the tier 1 or 2 flywheels for example when the price difference is a mere 100 credits with tier 3?).

Early on, money should be difficult to earn. Cars should be precious, you should develop a bond to the cars you start out with. They should not be given out after almost every single race, and seemingly at random at that (getting a renault twingo for a ferrari event?).

Racing should be structured in seasons by car class. You do a race, you progress in a championship. It starts out with short, low powered races according to the car class you've chosen. Races should not give out a large wad of cash untill the very end of the career mode. You shouldn't be able to buy every single car in the game without ever starting an endurance race. You should never be able to repeat a race over and over for money. This is one of the key crippled features of any GT game, and even most other racing games. Any sense of accomplishment is demolished by making it possible to grind an easy race over and over again, making earning new cars in the career mode simply mean nothing, nothing at all, making the entire upgrade system and it's various tiers of items completely meaningless.

This one thing is critical to the design of the next GT. If the series is ever to evolve, this is the key thing that needs to be addressed. Remove the grind, add a sense of accomplishment, add a sense of danger and risk to losing a race because you can't just do it over again if you finish second at 0.01s difference.

Instead of esentially taking the fun out of doing your favorite race again, how about just kick up the AI a few notches. GT5 AI is pathetic, GT3 AI was faster. Give us challenging AI that evolves with your cars upgrades and HP and, bam problem solved. example, Sunday cup the first time around would have low end cars like the vitz or the MX-5 to offer a decent challenge when you start your first race in a Beetle or somthing like that... but if you enter it in, say, a maxed out 458 italia, the AI cars will be of similar specs and performance and will still offer a challenge even though it's a low level race. Still fun, allows you to re-race and make some quick cash to buy parts, repairs, or another car and you get a good challenge for the winnings.

With the option to write a car off once the damage cost is too high, I think there should be an online scrapyard, where the cars written off by other players go, and you can browse the scrapyard to salvage another player's scrapped car. You can also scrap your own cars here, obviously. If you accidently scrap a car, you can go to the scrapyard and look at the list of cars you have scrapped, to see if they're still available or not. If they are, you have the option to salvage the car back, however you still have to pay the price that any other player would if they salvaged it. The cars would be set into categorys too, like in real life, where a car that isn't so badly damaged but was scrapped by a player who didn't have a lot of money, is a Category D car, easily repairable if you have the money. Then it goes all the way up to Category A, which is where you'll need a lot of money to save the Category A cars from the crusher. Also - if the game considers your car as a Category A write off, you are given the option to send it straight to the crusher.

So basically, I'm implying an ability to restore cars as well, but rather restore actual scrapped cars that have been written off by other players. Once you have restored the car, you can either keep it, or sell it on - although once you have bought a scrapped car, you can't sell it until you fully restore it - or, you could always send it back to the scrapyard.

Different cars would have different values in the scrapyard, for example, a more popular car wouldn't cost as much as a rarer classic car. Race cars would also be of higher value, depending on the damage.

Oh, and depending on the category of the car, it's available for only a certain amount of days.

Category D: 28 days
Category C: 21 days
Category B: 14 days
Category A: 7 days

Once the availability time of the car has expired, it's sent to the crusher. When you look at your list of cars, their status will either be 'Available', 'Salvaged' or 'Crushed'.

I'm probably planning way too much here for nothing, but once you get my imagination going, there's no stopping it. :sly:

That's a hell of an idea. it offers up another option to possibly pick up a car you really want for dirt cheap. add in more used car dealers and separate the tuners like in Gt4 and you got a great marketplace to browse when you decide to go shopping. Oh, and have a scrap value that is payed by the scrapyard for the car. most junkyards pay for vehicles, by weight, of the recycleable material... steel, aluminum, plastic, glass, etc.

Better gear ratio, customizating and especially better gear shifting, gear shiffting is the same for every car, too fast to plain.. No change in suspension, really when downshifting usually you get some Sort of reaction from the cars itself, here none,
Better transmissions, hotta be different for every car, now all cars react the same towards shifting gears and all.
Better sounds
Better physics, collision wise, tire wise, fuel wise, pretty much everything could be fine tuned a bit,
But still gt5 is a hell lot of fun

For that scrapyard thing maybe im not reading it right but it would be cool if you could buy individual parts or a whole scraped car to then use what you meed tocrepair the car you have crashed or have blown the engine from!

Tires that don't squeal through every single turn and the ability to buy with trim levels. I.e. Select Nissan Skyline R34, then choose either base, gtr, v-spec, m-spec, nur, etc. Then engine size, wheels, and color.
All colors available for actual car available in-game
New cars and tracks aren't purchased through DLC, but added through updates
NO CHROME AVENTADORS
Keep X1, not as powerful
MPG affects distance between refueling
No voice changer in online rooms
wolfdragon77's scrapyard idea. I like! :D
The ability to look around in cockpit view. I mean, you can do this in Midnight Club.
Online car auctions
More in-depth track editor
No standard cars
Widebody kits
Livery editor, ability to copy+paste to other cars
Breaks in endurance races ( so you can sleep and keep your PS3 from overheating at the same time during 24 hour races)
Pinkslip races
Car shows similar to Rate My Ride from Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Last edited:
Not everyone plays GT just to race race race race race race race. Some ppl actually like to cruise and drive realistically. Not everyone is a speed hungry savage.

I must edmit. I cruise when i'm tired (Usually in a free ride room) I whip my 50's morrison chev out in red with chrome spoke rims and cruuuiiise.

Don't know if it's been said yet.... but a "buy it all" button for tuning shop items. Make us pay more, or discount the bulk purchase I don't care, but I've been tired of itemizing all the upgrades since gt2. ugh

- Weather and a Day and Night cycle on every track
- much better tyre model
- Helmet cam
- realistic 24h races. No Le Mans cars @ nurnburgring. different classes. Ability to use B Spec driver for up to 3 team mates.
- More 24h races. SPA
- much more events
- more cars on track
- better menu
- much better AI
- better sound
- better tuning options. engine swap and so on.
- livery editor
- better mechanical and visual damage model

To be continued
We don't need that. Just use a slower car for competition.

Tires that don't squeal through every single turn and the ability to buy with trim levels. I.e. Select Nissan Skyline R34, then choose either base, gtr, v-spec, m-spec, nur, etc.

This would make more sense if we had to bring all the variations of each car back to the game. I'd like the game to tell me the difference of each trim level as well.

-I want to receive prize cars each time I do a particular event. The ability to sell each car would help also. The would cut down the time spent on grinding and increase re-playability of A-Spec all at once (GT2 and 3 had this). It helps for prize cars that have different colors too.

-Reducing the PP of the car used should give you a better prize car. This would put more time in A-Spec to see all the cars we could get.

-Leaderboards for A-Spec events

-Consistent physics offline/online

This is a very nice thread! a lot very good ideas! 👍
all this reminded me my old thread - "Share Gran Turismo future vision!"
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6114345#post6114345

There are some very good ideas also! And since GT6 is a future of Gran Turismo I should repost it, and I did "edit" it also! some may be already here in this thread, but its ton of information and I cant find it all :)

1. Make License tests like real ones, maybe in some huge parking lot, alot of stuff to do on in (learn braking, hard turns, overtaking, sliding, learn to avoid real crash situations, reaction tests, driving/sliding in wet and recover car, real race driver instructions "how to" etc.)

2. Advanced and regulated career! Start career as usual - casual driver at start - slow cars at start etc., but the idea is to create GT racing more mature. Restrict alowed cars in races (similar to online, but even more): Legal road cars (seperate FR, FF, RR, MR, 4WD) engine types 2.0 and lover, 2.0 and higher, with turbos, without turbos etc..., GT500, GT300, DTM, F1, WRC (group A, group B etc.), Classic car races etc.

3. Practice & qualify. When you start career race it would need to do a practise lap (if needed), then qualify, and then Standing start with lights and false start check for more realistic feel to it and more fun (also make it more competetive), more laps for each race *(since now we have save game option) 10 - 20 laps at least, podium finish should add more celebration showing your player receive prizes and throphies on podium with champagne, cash, flowers and beautiful girls as usual , your trophies should be seen in trophy section in GT life (lets say if you won "FR challange 300HP" it should say the exact same thing on it on close up) very usefull stuff for collectors and for good memories.

4. Create new GT point system (smilar to Formula1), we should not be able to win every GT event, they should be more competetive and real, the idea is to collect GT points for winning events, and go to participate in next one even if you didnt win previosly (later it should be replayeble), gain points for 1st place - 10 points, for second place 6 points and so on. Get awards not for every event but for each level (cars, suits, horns, cash and whatever PD comes up with) all this would make no need to win every event in game.

5. AI crashing, imagine you drive endurance in Nurburgring and then out of nowhere two cars are heavily crashing in front of you, you are able to avoid them by milimetres, safety car drives infront of you from pits, flags are on, while you drive pass you can see how workers tow away beaten cars, then safety car drives in pits and heavy racing continues... just to see some of it would be epic, and while racing that woul add positive emotions! (I dont say this is something we need right away, but to see this in near future would be very good, in GT6 maybe GT7, but why not even in GT5).

6. Single player should have "your fans" they get more in spectators stands over your career progression (wearing your team colours), and if you are more successful (just like in Drift flag system) people start to shout, scream and make noises while you drive by them, even better if you are lets say from Canada, they would shout "GOOO CANADA GOOO" and raise Canadian flags upon spectators stands, that would make tracks so much more alive.

7. Add more real life stuff, tracks and cars are good but to make it to feel like you are realy racing good physics isnt enough, birds, animals, more people working (selling hot dogs, drinks etc.) I didnt see any trash cans in GT5, digital people eat hot dogs and throw away all garbage on track, there must be some glitch or something, because I didnt see any of it?!.. :D and how about those who drink beer in races! I do watch rallies and I usually see a lot of drunk fat and non fat people on spectator stands or just laying somewhere in a grass or dirt, i dint see even one drunk guy in GT series :D its too perfect.. no one's doing nothing. I just know 3 guys! 1st one is touching tires! second one is filming! and third one is randomly walking, waving or watching you in wrong direction. :sly: (don't take this one very seriously)!

8. Tyre restrictions in each race, HP limit, weight limit, car type limits etc.(all different in beginer and pro races).

9. Track workers showing flags, cleaning track, running around working, security , marshals around the place, movement should be all over the place (sometimes I feel like Im the only one on the track like in desert, esspecially in endurance races).

10. Penalty system, no need for shortcut or collision penalty for 10 seconds or more, that ruins gameplay and race. There should be warning system instead, you get automatic warnings for doing something bad (they should be seen in GT life and for other people aswell, showing exact thing you did and how many times, how often) you get 2 warnings in a race, its ok, but if you get third one then you have to drive thru pits if rage continues you are disqualified!

Give us more trucks (i.e. '48 F-100, '72 C10, '81 C10, etc.). Give us icons. (i.e. '72 C10 is one of the most sought after C10's around; '81 C10 was the start of Chevrolet's reign over safest truck, winning it every year since, even being projected through the new models by stacked headlamps [available in 81 by a grill upgrade], and it's boxy shape)

Let us lift them for off-road racing, as well as adding a cage in the bed and spare wheels and gas cans for effect. Even a brush guard up front with a winch (working or non) for effect as well. Allow wheel size options that even range up to using the 24.5" Alcoa semi wheels. And give us meaty tires for these options as well, such as a LT285/55R20 size tire or more.

Let us slam them or stance them, allowing big wheels to be "tucked" as they would in real life with C-notching the rear axle and applying a axle flip kit, etc. Allow tonneau covers, allow spoilers for tonneau or just a "mount-to-bed" style spoiler option.

Put a Chevy Luv, Toyota Hilux, Mitsubishi Raider, etc for the mini truck class.

Allow strobe lights for drift cars to make races more flashy and pictures more custom, even allowing to use the cars as "cops" in rooms online.

Allow mismatched rims (i.e. BBS fronts, Works rears), and different colors between them.

Allow for trucks like an '80s model C10, C20, K10, K20 in a foor-door short bed or long bed form. Even a 2004 Ram 4-door long, etc. Allow big trucks to compete.

Allow trucks to be found in Used (or bought in Premium) as a single-cab, ext cab, or 4-door option (when available).

Allow diesels WITH black smoke along with an option for exhaust stacks.

Allow a few choices for custom exhaust tips (i.e. hood [like Chris Rado's time attack tC or his drag tC], behind the front wheels [i.e. S15 Silvia RM from GT5, or SLR Mclaren OEM exit], before the rear wheels, either in body or under the body, or hook behind the rear wheels. Allotting for the standard option of out the back, with a choice of in the middle, similar to the Corvette's and Lamborghini's, or separated, like the other cars. Also, allow for a choice of single, dual, or quad exhaust tips [like the ISF Racing Concept], and the choice for straight or angled [like most Impreza aftermarket tips].).

Allow driver names to be placed on the car, along with nations flag and number, and also placed on the suit and helmet, with positioning chosen by the player.

Allow for one racer in a lobby to be Crew Chief for other team members when designated and having the mics and text chat between designated teams be concealed from opposing members. This way teams won't have to worry about sending tunes, along with having the team eavesdrop on pit strategies, along with pass strategies.

Allow for the aforementioned "closed channels" to be used without the Crew Chief in none is used/no one wants to be chief/host does not allow it.

Allow for cutscenes before or after a race or something, so we actually get to SEE our driver for an interview, or an interaction with selectable dialogue.

Allow for height/weight of the driver in customization.

Last edited:
Formula One style trackside lights, highlighting yellow flag, green flag sectors or even a red flag situation if someone has totalled their car.

JBanton
Formula One style trackside lights, highlighting yellow flag, green flag sectors or even a red flag situation if someone has totalled their car.

Blue flag for lapping too

What I would like to see is organized racing events by PD. Similar to iRacing, I'm not a fan of iracing but I really like their events and how they put them together.

Like PD makes official timetrials, they could also make official championships. Super GT500/GT300 event, Lemans event, Touring cars, Road cars, etc.

To get in this event you would have to qualify through timetrials or qualifying races. Also they could be giving out prizes so the drivers have motivation to finish the season. Not like here in our own events when drivers midway through the season leave the championship when they are down on points and they don't feel like finishing the season.
I mean there is a lot PD could do with this game but this would bring in a more seriuos sim racing crowd. Imo they need to bring this beautiful game to another level of racing, not just good graphics and a whole bunch of cars that are pretty much useless.

There's a lot more I would like to see but this comes first to my mind.

Blue flag for lapping too

Very good point, the AI never gets out of the way when being lapped, blue flags should brought in, or the AI made more sensible.

The ability to skip, replay or pause BGM would be useful as well.

The ability to change the strength of gravity... I can't stop thinking this... It would be awesome... PLEASE PD?!

OK, now I've got a vision of a tornado screaming "NOT THE PURPLE SKYLINES! NOT THE PURPLE SKYLINES! I JUST CAN'T TAKE THE SHEER WEIGHT OF THE PURPLE SKYLINES! IT'S KILLING ME! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Thank you, gamerdog6482!

OK, now I've got a vision of a tornado screaming "NOT THE PURPLE SKYLINES! NOT THE PURPLE SKYLINES! I JUST CAN'T TAKE THE SHEER WEIGHT OF THE PURPLE SKYLINES! IT'S KILLING ME! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Thank you, gamerdog6482!

So I'll be OK in my Tank Car. Bring it on PD!

therealfan1
We don't need that. Just use a slower car for competition.

Why? The AI must get better. The AI don't drive fast enough and behave like a driver in traffic. They should behave like real race driver and fight for the Pole. The cars should be in the same pp class that every AI driver can compete with each other.

A Spec and SE are just time trail with traffic.

I think racing games in general must improve in this area

Last edited:
PLEASE READ!!!

Personally I think this is an amazing idea, but anyways...

I think that they shouldn't make all the used cars so clean. I mean, it seems that every used car that you buy is in almost mint condition, and all it needs is an oil change or an engine rebuild.

In GT6, they should make it so cars can get rusted out, or have paint chip off, body panels dented, headlights cracked, broken, windows dusty etc. This way, when you find a rare used car, like a '56 Bel air or something, you could rebuild/restore it.

So this means in GT Auto, you would be able to blast, sand, primer, and paint the car. Or even replace body panels.

I think this sounds like so much fun, who else?

This threads on fire so this suggestion may already exist, however I would like to have a default crate engine option and the ability to actually build a race engine from a basic engine block. Is it doable Ihave no Idea but I can dream...

Default Race Class Skins rather then manufacturers designs. Same thing PD did in GT3 introducing the GranTurismo F1, Except skin would have a LMP2 style but not representative of any particular automakers. Just in case FIA regulations deter some classes from representation .

PLEASE READ!!!

Personally I think this is an amazing idea, but anyways...

I think that they shouldn't make all the used cars so clean. I mean, it seems that every used car that you buy is in almost mint condition, and all it needs is an oil change or an engine rebuild.

In GT6, they should make it so cars can get rusted out, or have paint chip off, body panels dented, headlights cracked, broken, windows dusty etc. This way, when you find a rare used car, like a '56 Bel air or something, you could rebuild/restore it.

So this means in GT Auto, you would be able to blast, sand, primer, and paint the car. Or even replace body panels.

I think this sounds like so much fun, who else?
IIIIIII Like it.:)

Back