Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
- Every track as a photomode location
- Fog as a weather option (adjustable)
- Separate mileage counter for A-Spec and B-Spec
- Precise Digital Readout for fuel (74.8 / 90.0L)

Last edited:
Both are.

That's not a ricer. This is a ricer:

panasonic-5-cup-rice-cooker-01.jpg

- Ability to paint each rim individually (would work great together with a livery editor)
-Ability to fit different rims on front/back wheels (like how street cars which go on a drag strip only have their rear tyres changed to drag tyres)
- Ability to script weather changes in Event creator (e.g. First half dry, then rain, then calm for the finish; would help to recreate famous moments)

Last edited:
More realistic crashes like Fort-za! They should also keep the damage semi realistic too so that the cry baby manufacturers like nissan don't have to worry about seeing their precious cars getting all smashed up!

More realistic crashes like Fort-za! They should also keep the damage semi realistic too so that the cry baby manufacturers like nissan don't have to worry about seeing their precious cars getting all smashed up!
And you think... that it's the manufacture's fault the damage in GT is so poor?

What I want for GT6 is a more realistic, crispier, unique engine/exhaust sound for each motor and better more durable tires of all levels.

My two bits focus more on improvements to what is already offered in GT5, though I like many of the suggested new features everyone is coming up with.

1: All cars MUST be Premium level. Forza showed us just how silly all those Standard cars are in GT5.

2: In order to focus more effort into these Premium cars, please do not offer up so many different versions of, say, the Mazda Miata, and others. We understand and appreciate the significance that each specific model has in Japanese culture, but seriously, a handful or less of each generation is plenty.

3: I strongly dislike the idea of some random game designer deciding which wheels should be available for a specific car. Give us the option of using every wheel offered for every car we own! We can decide for ourselves what looks good on our cars, thanks. This leads directly to…

…4: Ability to change wheel size/tire aspect ratio. I mean, if I can do this in Car Town on Facebook, surely I should be able to expect this in The World's Greatest Driving Simulator, right? ;)

5: When painting a car (or wheels), show the new paint color on the actual car so we have a better idea of the final result. It's a bit of a crap shoot the way it is currently.

6: Allow current music track to play in all menus, such as the dealerships, GT Auto, etc. I just get into the groove of a track only to find it lost when visiting different locations in the menu.

7: Finally, the engine sounds simply must be less synthetic and much more real. One of the greatest visceral sensations of the automobile is the music it makes. Serious attention should be made in this area.

7: Finally, the engine sounds simply must be less synthetic and much more real. One of the greatest visceral sensations of the automobile is the music it makes. Serious attention should be made in this area.

ohh, yes i forgot about it.. GT sounds are too sterile, I would love to hear all tiny bits like, dirt and rocks beyond the car hitting it hardly, real wheel spin sound, all tiny bits shaking inside the car exterior and interior is breathing, there are so many sounds out there when I drive real car... there just inst any of it in GT, all I hear is very sterile engine noise. Its not bad at all, its just missing something.

I think a heavily updated course maker would be nice. Even if it still randomly generated the layout (a feature I personally thought worked very well), it would be nice to be able to choose the position of the start finish line!

A Mod Nation Racers level track builder wouldn't be needed, just something a tiny bit like SimCity 4's god mode, so you can add area's of woodland and tweak the changes in elevation, you know, basic stuff.

Amount of damage that can be fixed in the pits should vary. A pit crew can replace most parts on a Le mans prototype, but on a road car they'll just tear away parts that are hanging off or theyll beat them around with a hammer but the car wont look new. Damage that a pit crew cannot fix must be fixed in GT Auto.

Last edited:
Amount of damage that can be fixed in the pits should vary. A pit crew can replace most parts on a Le mans prototype, but on a road car they'll just tear away parts that are hanging off or theyll beat them around with a hammer but the car wont look new. Damage that a pit crew cannot fix must be fixed in GT Auto.

I think Jeremy Clarkson would beat the damage out with his hammer

• Split screen multiplayer that allows for more than two players at a time, so you could have three or four player races with just one console
  • The ability for two players to race online using one console and split screen
  • Option to fill remaining spaces on multiplayer gird with AI cars
  • Alternate modes in multiplayer (eg. Time Attack, Takedown Races, Licence test type things)

ICEYOU
Well from what I've heard some manufactures don't like seeing their hot rods all smashed up in video games.

This is an execuse in my opinion. Some cars have a better damage model in other racing games while the damage is poor in GT.
This is the same excuse many GT1-4 fans used after they're asked why GT don't have a damage model.

How do you explain this?

This is an execuse in my opinion. Some cars have a better damage model in other rascing games while the damage is poor in GT.

How do you explain this?

Let's compare GT5 to, say, RoR.
GT5 gets its cars from licensing. This means PD and the marque make an agreement to include said marque's cars in said game. The marque will usually come with a "list of demands", a good example of this is Ferrari saying that the F2007 and F10 can only race other F2007s and F10s. Most of the time, on that list of demands is something saying the cars can not get damaged too much.

Rigs of Rods gets its cars from UGC, the marque isn't involved at all, so there is no list of demands. Nissan might tell PD that they can't bash up thier fancy new Z34 370Z, but in RoR Nissan is not involved. In GT, PD could include it anyway, but then they would (most likely) lose the Nissan license. In RoR, on the other hand, there is no license, and Nissan can't say anything because Nissan wasn't involved. Nissan might not want the Nissan 370Z in RoR to get bashed up, but they can't do anything about it because they were not consulted and there is nothing legally wrong happening.

gamerdog6482
Let's compare GT5 to, say, RoR.
GT5 gets its cars from licensing.

Do you mean like Grid, Shift, Forza, Project cars and others? They have all better damage model.

I think some GT Fans try to defend PD to much. They search for to much excuses.

They say:
Porsche? EA fault
Damage model? Manufacture fault and said it is unlockable at level 40.

Truth is:
You can make an agreement with EA. But i must say i don't like exclusiv license at all.

Other racing games have a better damage model on the same licensed cars GT has.

The damage is not unlockable.

did not read all the comments so this might have been stated

abiliyt to have different brake systems that would effect your braking at the end of a race if you over used them.

also the ability to add fuel; as you see fit for each race.

lastly the ability to use automatic tranny and keep it in the gear you want with more revs like gt4 again!!

Back