Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
"Nope, more like the ones in my avatar. I won a drag race against a school bus with this. Some of them have more than 1100 Lbs. Ft. of torque, with 330HP. I wouldn't even be at this forum if they had one of these in the GT series lol.

EDIT: Go ahead call me a wierdo."

You could use them to transport people from one end of the track to the other, so even if you dont win, you'll still make money! Plus, you could recreate the movie Speed if you wanted! oh yah, one more thing....um....oh yah, weirdo!

You could use them to transport people from one end of the track to the other, so even if you dont win, you'll still make money! Plus, you could recreate the movie Speed if you wanted! oh yah, one more thing....um....oh yah, weirdo!

:lol: Now I'm going to try to pwn a beat up Honda with this white brick. Wish me luck. :)

The idea isn't quite so wierd - well, maybe it is with buses, but you try dragging off a modern semi rig when it's bobtailing (no trailer). 600+ HP, 2,000+ foot pounds of torque... The ones with the new automatic gearboxes tend to move pretty quickly. They can outrun the average passenger car off the line.

Then again...

Can you imagine doing that with a bus?

I would love to see some classic Volvo's from the 60's particularly the 240's. Also, it would be nice to have a save progress feature for the enduros... I really hope the do away with the rally racing, and maybe add some new types of races like a demolition derby with visible damage that would be COoL, and maybe an 80's M3... M6?!

Hey, don't underrate my buses. :) They have automatics too and I'm sure it weights less then those semis. It accelerates pretty fast. I remember the snow storm we had over here. Buses are great for rallying. (Well the 40Ft ones, but the 60Ft ones sort of have a problem of getting the power to the ground.) The only problem with these is that it has Turbo Lag/Threshold. :( After going about halfway to redline, (Can't tell, no RPM gauge. :banghead:) It starts flying.

To other people: STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE =|>:odd:

I would like PD to have a tuning set up similar to the one in Underground 2, to tell you the truth. Thats my main hope.
Wolfe
As was mentioned before by Dave A, implementing damage by way of polygon deformation is actually a relatively easy and quick process, and is much more flexible than pre-modelled damage.
I believe that is how Sports Car GT did it, and I can say the results were quite impressive. Viper Racing did the same thing but arguably took it a step farther by including paint damage. One thing I would hope GT5 does that niether of those two games did was have damagable lights and similar pieces, as SCGT and Viper Racing did look rather wierd with the damage totalling the front or rear of the car and having the lights still working or even floating from where they were supposed to be.
Hell, Virtua Racing Deluxe managed polygon deformation, and that was on the 32X.

+Rep Toronado. I forgot all about how NFSU2 had a great tuning setup. I made my Audi TT gain an extra 50HP by remapping the Turbo and ECU. Imagine that. You can finally make your car have realistic Turbo Lag or Threshold if that happens. I don't understand how an arcade game from EA can let you modify your cars with more depth with the settings than the so called simulators.

i really like the damage system that they use in the Grand Theft Auto games for when your cars crash into things. aside from the popable tires and explosive gas tanks, its all relevant to GT. when you just sideswipe a wall or tap into another vehicle, you get a slight ding in that spot. when you get a large collision, the glass breaks or maybe pops out and the lights break and stop working. also in a large collision, you can get a body panel to pop off the body (all except the rear fenders and the roof) and you can also have the hood pop up and hit the windshield, eventually flying off the car exposing the engine. pretty soon, you're down to a shell of a car (and the damage could go further, or just have the engine smoke and eventually catch on fire like in GTA haha). theres also the issue that they should allow the cars to flip onto their sides and roofs, because lets face it....getting air with a car and having the underside facing the direction you're moving usually means the car will flip onto the roof, not on the rear end then back on its wheels. also cars with higher centers of gravity should be able to flip up on 2 wheels and eventually tip over on the sides (then a bunch of crowd members could run out and flip your car back up). in essence, no more of this "always right-side-up" crap, i want to see some flippage!!!

I really enjoy GT4 and GT3. The driving part of the game I think is awesome. The race conditions are very cool. I am not sure the delopers of GT5 come to this site to see what people or saying. maybe so maybe not. I do think though that for GT5 there is a need for minor tuning in the pits and maybe general weather conditions too. Now that to me along with what you have on GT$ now would really be. The ultiment driving experiance. Happy racing:)

This thread is too long for me to read through in it's entirety, so I hope this isn't a repeat, but please never ever make another event where you have to sit there and wait for 2 minutes like Mission 34 in GT4. The difficulty doesn't bother me at all as that added replay value. I restarted many license tests while shooting for all golds, but it's the waiting that killed that mission for me. Even a few seconds is annoying. You get the same effect out of just having a rolling start with cars starting ahead of you. GT4 had those events as well, and having the two different types was redundant.

Also, if you're going to have endurance races that are more than two hours long, the ability to save your game in a pitstop would be nice. Test Drive Le Mans for Dreamcast had that feature and it was awesome. In fact, that game just had a really good handle on endurance racing in general as it had a couple other things that I know you guys mentioned such as dynamic weather and sunset/sunrise. Though it's very aesthetic, the subtle detail of the clouds moving in the sky and storms coming in was really cool.

Also, not a big deal, but having reverse lights would be a nice detail.

So far I'm likin some of the ideas you guys are havin, though I've only read the first couple pages.

Wouldn't you like to save your game in for example...24 hour endurance races and so on, I mean, 24 hours just sitting in front of a teve...thats a little waste of life. But only while entering pits, that you could be able to save.

*Better AI opponents

*Much more cars on track

*Saving games while driving in to pit in endurance races

*Weather changeabilities

the thing i find most annoying, is how you have to resort the garage everytime you go to it. it would be nice if you could choose a custom order, or use the presets (make, model, color, etc.) and actually have the garage stay in that order until YOU choose a new one.

They should let you put Turbo/NA/SC upgrades on cars in arcade mode on top of the +20% Power and -10% Weight. I'm one of those people who are really Power Hungry.

nice thread here, mate. funnily enough i was thinking this same thing (what id like to see in GT5) a few days ago before i signed up to these forums.

a few things i'd like to see myself in the next Gran Turismo:
-real damage causing real problems; e.g. being able to total the car, slightly offsetting one of the wheels, bursting the radiator... all that stuff.
-more tuning options (basically more customisable engines); twin turbos! not just standard turbo kit stage 1 to 4... more complex stuff. things like twin-charging (using both a supercharger and a turbocharger) would be cool.
-being able to set your own paint schemes for the car, add vinyls, change paint colours once the car is bought etc. and like in one of the old GT series (GT2, i think) where you could 'Race Spec' your car, which lowered it, gave it different wheels, paint, logos, windows, reduced weight and increased power a bit (i think).. that was good, you could make any old car look like a racer. funky.
-being able to do acceleration tests (like 0-60, 0-100, 0-130.. whatever. that'd give us a good idea of how fast our car really is...), turning circle tests and more kinds of tests.
-a wider choice of cars, instead of every single spec of Toyota Supra, Nissan Skyline and Honda NSX ever made...
-making the Gran Turismo F1 car tunable and being able to put different tyres on it.
-being able to further speed races up in B-Spec (3x isn't enough, no way) and when the car pits in, it goes back to the race view screen and carries on fast forwarding the race (instead of leaving it on normal once the car's pitted, for it to go back to the race view screen) - get what i mean there? it's a hard one to explain :indiff:
-being able to more drastically reduce weight in your car, for example even changing the material of the whole frame and chassis of the car to a lighter one, even if this conversion is extremely expensive. that'd be good...
-real engine sounds on most of the popular cars; e.g. Jaguar's, Mercedes', Aston Martin's, Ferrari's etc... it doesn't matter about the little cars really. i'd love to hear the V8 roar of the new XKR on GT5... yummy
-larger races, for example 30 cars instead of just 6. that'd be mean...
-real online play against other players

there's loads more ideas i have, i'll post

First post ever :)

The main reason I´d like to see damage in GT5, is that it has to be some kind of punishment for wallriding etc. I´m not intrested in watching crashed up cars, i want to drive. The penalty could be something like longer gear changes, reduced top speed, slower brakes... and can be fixed in the pit. Leaving you counting the seconds you have to gain back.

I read about 20-25 pages in this thread, maybe someone mentioned this before.

what i want to see? while blasting down the hunaudieres at 250mph, car bottoming out and possibly damaging the brakes, a warning message with huge, red letters just before you'd start to slow down for the corner..

Lost brakes!

then, all you could do is go ":eek:" and watch in horror how your carbonfibre rocket leaves the track, bouncing over the kitty litter and hitting the wall, shredding into gazillion pieces of carbon.. and the car would be beyond repair, and you'd need to train a new driver to replace the one who lost his/her life. RIP...:nervous:

^- I actually LOLed at that.

I'd like to be able to leave and rejoin a race series at the same part. Say I'm doing the FGT series and I get the urge to go back and run one of the Sunday Cup races; I want to be able to change cars, race, change back, and pick up where I left off.

I want to see a killeable ''Bob''
If you are pissed of by Bob because he crashed into the side wall at the mulsanne straight on the last lap of the 24 hours La Sarthe and falls back to 6th place, just call him into the pits and while the pit crew refules the car press the ''Accident'' button. Suddenly fuel is sprayed all over the car and bob and the entire crew gets burned to death until the car explodes setting the whole circuit on fire.

Or press the accident button while he is going over 400km/h on the straight to disable steering adn breaking and watch his body and car getting ripped to shreds by a wall.

If you are pissed of by Bob because he crashed into the side wall at the mulsanne straight on the last lap of the 24 hours La Sarthe and falls back to 6th place, just call him into the pits and while the pit crew refules the car press the ''Accident'' button. Suddenly fuel is sprayed all over the car and bob and the entire crew gets burned to death until the car explodes setting the whole circuit on fire.

Or press the accident button while he is going over 400km/h on the straight to disable steering adn breaking and watch his body and car getting ripped to shreds by a wall.

someone get this guy some serious help.....

It would be cool to be able to turn on/off your lights whenever you want It would be cool too that the night tracks don't have lights, so you have to use your own.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but if damage makes it in, then there should definitely be the ability to get a DNF. And I think it has been mentioned, but I really like the damage system in Colin McRae 05, so something similar to that would be nice.

If they implement damage in the next game, you should have the option of getting it fixed when you want. I think it would be sweet to leave your car trashed in the virtual center and fix it when ever you want(sort of like the dirt option)

:lol: ...or how about an "Eject" button for him! He'd fly forever if you hit it at the end of the Mulsanne!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but if damage makes it in, then there should definitely be the ability to get a DNF. And I think it has been mentioned, but I really like the damage system in Colin McRae 05, so something similar to that would be nice.

The damage in the Colin McRae series is far to 'cosmetic' for my liking, I would prefer something more along the lines of the damage models in Richard Burns Rally, Race Driver 3 or F1:CE. All three of these give the option of damage in which a DNF from careless driving is a real possibility.

Regards

Scaff

I think meshing the 2 best PS games would be the coolest. That is GT and GTA.

You would have your driver who you can customise to look like yourself or halle berry or whoever. You get in and out of your whips like in GTA.

Then I would like to see a virtual garage where you can see all your cars lined up next to each other. I know this is almost the same as the 6 cars to a race limit due to processing power but hopefully the ps3 version could handle it.

You could walk along in your massive basement carpark that holds a hundred of your best cars and select one individually to see it in the usual rotating mode the gt4 has. Then you walk up next to any car and get in.
You drive it out of the garage and peel off down the street. Maybe there is a few blocks around your house that you can free roam in.

After your house garage is full you could select your other virtual garage lock-ups down the road to see the rest of your fleet. Maybe you start out with a 2 car garage and when you have got more money you buy a bigger pad with a 10 car garage and then you buy the mansion with the massive 30 car basement carpark. After that you just buy expansions up to 100 carpark or whatever.

Also a little bit more customising would be cool. Its as much about the cars as it is about the racing. It doesnt have to be nfs but at least can we get bigger rims, custom paint and body kits?

Drag racing.

Track records and history of times. I wanna see what car has done the fastest lap on this track.

GT is a racing game, not NFS or GTA! What about adding some weapons to shoot those gangbangers in front of you garage?

ooh ooh, i call the rocket launcher!:lol: there is something that can be taken from GTA though, they could have it where if you use the tires for too long, or drive over too many sharp rocks on the dirt courses, your tires could blow out and you could possibly spin out and crash or ruin your bodykit with the shredded tire.

Back