Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
These have all probaly have been said before but i'm just backing them up but
What I would like to see is:

1) Engine Swaps for example Take a RB26 from a skyline and put it in a Supra.

2) Tire Marks

3) A bit more custimisation, we have tuner's like Mine's and HKS etc. but no real stuff from them like HKS racing exhaust system and bodykits etc.

4) Better sounds because GT4's was poor :(

Just my wishes, hope they come true :P

How about sorting out the prize cars!. There are some weird ones you win, there are too many concept cars you win and can't sell. You win the Nike car in TWO events, why??

The FGT is too easy to win as well, you could easily get a car like the 350Z LM (which is won very easily) give it a big turbo, and wave Bob off for his 24 hour race at the Nurmb. Turn on the TV the next day to find a brand new FGT sat in the garage. Now admittedly that is a very cheap way to win it, but I am sure there are people that do that sort of thing. It would be a much better challenge if it was the prize car for Sarthe II, that is a much harder race.

The 88C-V race car is another car that is far too easy to win. A fairly short endurance race, against particularly easy opponents, and you have yourself the second fastest car in the game (opinion).

What about the Rally Raid Toyota, that can be won on the second event of the rallying, at rally Capri?(I think) can be sold for huge amounts of money, for just 2 laps forward and two laps backwards against some cool (but not that fast) retro road going rally cars.

While this is useful thanks to being the most economic way of making money, I would much prefer getting much much bigger sums of money for winning 24 hour endurance races instead

Just a slightly more logical approach is needed when it comes prize cars. I think that would help the next GT5

It's probably been covered, but in order for me to really want to buy a PS3 and GT5 it must have some of the following:

- The ability to change the rim size and off set.
- In photomode I want to be able to open the doors, windows, hood and trunk.
- Lights that turn on and off, as well as fog lights...even in just photomode.
- Cars that do not sound like vacuum cleaners...I hated that in GT4.
- Downforce wings that do not look overly stupid.
- A better sense of speed with slower cars, when I'm doing 90 in real life it feels much faster then when I'm doing 90 in a game...I know this is harder then it sounds for game developers so I'm not holding my breath.
- See performance parts, if I put a different exhaust on a car I would like to see it, if I upgrade the brake I want to see the cross drilleds through the rims.
- Visible roll cages, if Forza could do it then so could the GT games.
- Realistic truck...you can not do the same suspension work to a truck as you can to a car, they have leaf springs in the rear. This one thing that annoyed me about the trucks in GT4...also why not add some more trucks and SUV's, I would love to see the Typhoon and Syclone.

How about changing the color of bronze trophies so people can stop making threads here about finishing races in first when they came in 3rd.

I agree a really simplistic fix needs made. There is no reason to make a person have to guess what place they came in or if they have completed that race. Just another one of those tiny small things that needs corrected in the next version.

Also, I would like to add that they should let you choose how many gears you want in a car, between 1-8 gears. Also being able to turbo the Formula GT. Driving cars would be even more of a blast. :dopey: Also being able to let your car have seemless shifting like a Evo GT-A. Another thing is to add available CVT on cars. How can you trade CVT for a normal gearbox, but not a manual or automatic like transmission to CVT mode? :odd: Please fix these in GT5 PD.

TuneRVisioN:
Also, I would like to add that they should let you choose how many gears you want in a car, between 1-8 gears

Good idea, cept i don't know who'd want a direct-drive (1 speed) transmission unless it was like a jet car that you were drag racing, or maybe if they include go-karts:lol:

I know this is probably only a want thing, but in the earlier GT's they had car history blurbs on each car. I'd like to see those brought back, plus maybe even the same for RL tracks. It would be nice to have a little section where you could read about the history of Sarthe circuit, for example. Maybe have listings of cars that won major championships there. If you did that, you could have a 'free run this car' button next to each one which just drops you in that car, on that track (maybe even with the grid they ran against...) for a blat.

While I'm on the history thing, why not also have a history page for each tuner? You could read about the beginnings of Mopar, Shelby, Hennessy, HKS, JUN, etc. Maybe have 'historic' tuner cars for sale.

You could even have tuner championships - like manufacturer championships, but horsepower limited like JGTC, open to any car with a sufficient number of mods from that tuner to be classed as a 'tuner car'. Obviously tuner specials would be able to enter. Prizes could be a tuner special or free parts for one of your existing cars. Just a thought.

I know, there's nothing essential here, but I believe some of the things here would be nice to have.

One thing I really want changed for GT5 is the curbs in the tunnels on Grand Valley, they are pointless and annoying!

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet.. but how about having a tire dealership? You buy rims at a rim shop, why not tires? Besides, how many of us go to the Honda dealerships when buying new tires for our civic in real life?

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet.. but how about having a tire dealership? You buy rims at a rim shop, why not tires? Besides, how many of us go to the Honda dealerships when buying new tires for our civic in real life?

It would be interesting if they modelled the performance of current tyres and actually integrated them into the game. Imagine buying Pirellis that actually gripped like Pirellis, and Dunlops that gripped like dunlops. In a way it would add more to the strategy of the game, as it would introduce tyre strategy as well. And if you had variable weather, you'd also need intermediate or wet tyres... Monsoon rain on slicks, anyone? :crazy:

it would be awesome to have real tires on the game, and in addtion to tire type, you could choose whether or not there's white letters. real tires would help because if you don't use stock tires, then they just give you bland generic tires that are the same for every car, which also looks bad on some vehicles. i mean, on say the Dodge Ram 1500, you don't always want low profile tires, you may want a higher profile all-terrain tire, such as a BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A. essentially they could have a tire shop much the same as the rim shop, they have all the brands lined up and you choose your brand, then they line up all the tires and you can see them on your car. that would also be the place to choose the profile and size tire. and if they had the option of changing the rim size, then you would have to buy new tires for the rims since you couldnt use the old size.

I forgot. It would be really cool if you could tune your car physically, besides from mechanical tuning. I usually get tired of driving the same looking car.

Just some additional ideas:

* More expensive race cars, racecars you win later.

After one day of playing GT4 you could own at least 3 or 4 race cars, at this point the game was beaten.
Back in GT2 it took a week or so to buy the more expensive cars, so it was a very rewarding feeling when you bought/won one. In GT4 it kinda feels like you get powerful cars thrown at you, an hour or two and you already won 3 race cars which are over the top.

What about making cars you can only win/buy at 30%+ level?

ok #1 no game is perfect
#2 it would be nice to have realistic damage modeling
#3 have the realistc amount of cars on a track like the amount of cars in the LE MANS
#Have a Special demo like Halo 3 beta but GT5 beta insted
#5 Have a Cockpit view in a race in any car
#6Have a massive online multiplayer Cruise in Ney York city or Houston Or Los Angles

I would also like more races that do not require racecars to compete in. I hate having to use a LMP car to do a bunch of the races. I would rather see more light tuned normal car races.

Also the addition of autocross like events would be awesome as well.

I know this is probably only a want thing, but in the earlier GT's they had car history blurbs on each car. I'd like to see those brought back, plus maybe even the same for RL tracks. It would be nice to have a little section where you could read about the history of Sarthe circuit, for example. Maybe have listings of cars that won major championships there. If you did that, you could have a 'free run this car' button next to each one which just drops you in that car, on that track (maybe even with the grid they ran against...) for a blat.

While I'm on the history thing, why not also have a history page for each tuner? You could read about the beginnings of Mopar, Shelby, Hennessy, HKS, JUN, etc. Maybe have 'historic' tuner cars for sale.

You could even have tuner championships - like manufacturer championships, but horsepower limited like JGTC, open to any car with a sufficient number of mods from that tuner to be classed as a 'tuner car'. Obviously tuner specials would be able to enter. Prizes could be a tuner special or free parts for one of your existing cars. Just a thought.

I know, there's nothing essential here, but I believe some of the things here would be nice to have.

👍 I was going to say that but you beat me to the punch.

How about the Neutral gear for all the cars, like in GT3. You can downshift into N with Manual Tranny in GT3, but not in GT4, unless you hit the E-Brake really quickly in a RWD/4WD car. I miss that dumb and pointless feature. :(

You would rev, if you are in first gear, so you can get the wheels spinning like say, if you are in an escudo or a car with turbo lag. Burnout is better than lag out. :scared:

Wheel spin is bad, it's better to have turbo lag because at least you have some forward momentum, where as with wheel spin you really don't. Plus I don't think I've encountered a vehicle that laggy in GT4 that you would need to do that with.

Wheel spin is bad, it's better to have turbo lag because at least you have some forward momentum, where as with wheel spin you really don't. Plus I don't think I've encountered a vehicle that laggy in GT4 that you would need to do that with.

Check out a fully modded stage 4 turbo'd Option Stream Z. All that lag, it would always be better to burn out. Also in GT3, there was the Alto Works and Escudo.

I'd be in favour of a neutral gear, and a clutch. But you should have option of disabling the clutch because I think you'd need the whee, the pad's not going to have much in the way of unused buttons.

I'd be in favour of a neutral gear, and a clutch. But you should have option of disabling the clutch because I think you'd need the whee, the pad's not going to have much in the way of unused buttons.

Yes! Neutral and clutch. But the only thing, if people don't like the clutch, be able to turn it off with each race...

And, in arcade mode, be able to CHOOSE THE NUMBER OF LAPS RIGHT BEFORE THE RACE. Say normally you just have 1 lap races with a friend, but then that friend wants to do an endurance race. you have to go through at least a full two minutes of loading screens (In GT4 that is) and change it then go back, restart, and everything else.

In 2P, Make the car selection split-screen mode. Because in GT4, you have to do it separately and that could really take up useful time.

In GT2, if you were adjusting the tune settings of your car, and you were in a hurry, you could press L1 and R1 to make the marker move faster. In GT4, WTF, it's GONE. I SHALL WEEP.

But neutral and Clutch were the best ones of all time. Good goin' ;D

Personally, I think a clutch would be a bad idea. :indiff:

However, Neutral would be great. 👍

Best thing I could suggest on that subject would be... Just format the shifting to go R -> N -> 1st 2nd, etc.
Start in first, downshift for neutral and downshift twice for reverse... Would even free-up the reverse button (which some of you could argue is the perfect spot for the clutch).

What I see about clutch as being wrong is that to properly use the clutch, you would need to have the ability to "feel" the clutch, and accelerator to properly work them.
On top of that, the to control all of the operations of the vehicle you will now need to make 4 inputs at once (not on a control pad when you have one button per finger)... Imagine what trouble it would be for the joystick throttle and brake crowd. :ouch: Or worse (IMO), the square, X, and O crowd. :scared:

I'd rather see many things other than a clutch in Gran Turismo 5.

First choices are simple and obvious, everyone says them, the rest are personal choices. :sly:
  • Color editor (don't even really need a paintshop)...
  • Fully functional upgrades (real differences between single and double plate clutches... likewise for brakes, espeecially brakes!).
  • No more mileage and oil changing (keep track of our driving miles, not our car's wear-and-tear).
  • More specific race qualification specs (no more running AI FF celicas with 200hp against AI S-tune Zs, PD cup anyone?).
  • Mid-race saves (especially if you insist on races being accurate of real world drive time vs ps2 drive time)... on that note...
  • Day-Night changes are a must if 24hr races are part of the game. :ashamed:

Most of that seems fundamental to me when it comes to any game.
Simple conceptual over-sights.
I believe PD needs to fix those problems before it worries about adding anything other than more cars and tracks.
👍

Back