Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Why, they already have over 100 people working for PD. PD are an inhouse developer, they are owned by Sony but they arn't Sony.

I want to see it that when you buy a car they come out with the same grade of tyres they do in real life. For years when you bought a car they came with S2 tyres default, I want them with their real tyres. If upgrades are required (which they will be) then I purchase the better tyres.

an options list before you buy the car. like, traction control, 18"/19" wheels, things that are actually available to add or subtract to cars before you buy them in real life. of course, these things would change the price as well. and similarly, trim levels of certain cars. an example being in the nissan showroom, you could choose between base 350Z, Enthusiast, or Touring. For another example, I do not remember the option of purchasing the Evo RS. I know that already exists in the game to some extent but not nearly as much as it should be. (and too much with some cars.) if it's a new car, make purchasing it like you would purchase a new car. if its a used car, then it can be sold as it is, with no changes to trim, etc.

More Realistic Wear: One thing I always didn't like was that the most laps that you could have before going to the pits was at least ten. I've seen the Audi R8 go at least about maybe 40-50 laps before going into the pits whereas I could only go maybe 8 at Leguna Seca.

Realistically Tailored Pit Sequences: This is really a minor note so It doesn't have to bet considered. I think the pitting sequence be more tailored to each kind of Race car. For instance, the DTM cars should be the only cars with four tire changers and the sportscars should have Only two tire changers and the car should get fuel first then it should get lifted on the jacks and have its tires changed.

More Realistic Car Cameras: With a Incar view that looks spectacular, I think its only fair the roof cams could be made more real. Also for replays, cameras that face the driver would be great, like what you see with the Peugeot 908 or the Corvette C6R and with by rolling R3, you could swivel the camera like in real life. I also hope that with the in car cams, we can get a look in the LMP and GTP cockpits.

More Realistic Race Setup: I would like an Race weekend kind of setup. You have your first practice seesion and then your second. Next you have Qualifying (Depending on how its done in Whichever series) and you have Morning Warm-up before the race.

Realistically Tailored Pit Sequences: This is really a minor note so It doesn't have to bet considered. I think the pitting sequence be more tailored to each kind of Race car. For instance, the DTM cars should be the only cars with four tire changers and the sportscars should have Only two tire changers and the car should get fuel first then it should get lifted on the jacks and have its tires changed.
I dissagree with this, particularly having different stops depending on the car. How many people can change a tyre at one time does not depend on the car, it depends on the race series. If you enter a DTM car into the Super GT, you can have as many people chaning tyres at the same time as the Super GT rules allow, not the DTM. Also it would make for unfair pit advantages/ disadvantages to be had. Imaging a tight race, your in a DTM racer and the guy your chasing close behind is in a GT car, you both pit at the same time, but because your in a DTM car your tyres get done twice as fast and your out the pits ahead of the car your chasing, all because he only had two tyre changers. Every pit sequence should be the same for every car, if there needs to be differences then it should be according to the series, not the car, but I think even that would be a fairly pointless gimmick.

I want tire mismatching banned

That means you can't put a hard tire on the rear and a soft on the front.

Does any real world racing series do anything like that? I doubt it

It should only be allowed for drifting and not racing

As far as I'm aware you can choose different grade compounds front and rear in GT racing. I'd assume it's different for each racing series, some series limit your tyre's to a specific brand and compound and that's that, others give you a choice. But as far as I'm aware you can put softer tyre's on the front to the rear in FIA GT racing. I just tried to check via a Google search but couldn't find anything.

I dissagree with this, particularly having different stops depending on the car. How many people can change a tyre at one time does not depend on the car, it depends on the race series. If you enter a DTM car into the Super GT, you can have as many people chaning tyres at the same time as the Super GT rules allow, not the DTM. Also it would make for unfair pit advantages/ disadvantages to be had. Imaging a tight race, your in a DTM racer and the guy your chasing close behind is in a GT car, you both pit at the same time, but because your in a DTM car your tyres get done twice as fast and your out the pits ahead of the car your chasing, all because he only had two tyre changers. Every pit sequence should be the same for every car, if there needs to be differences then it should be according to the series, not the car, but I think even that would be a fairly pointless gimmick.

I meant to say that so I got my words a bit twisted. I meant like for that particular series, this cars should have this kind of pit stop.

@ Earth: Actually, They do this all the time in Nascar and I even recall a race in 2004 where The #3 Corvette of Ron fellows Had Harder tires on the right side and slighty softer compund on the left. Mismatching tires is done in real racing.

Ah right, makes sense. Apologies for getting what you said totally wrong :lol:.

I understand what you mean but until they allow tire pressure changes , this is as close as you can get .

Better Upstage and personal AI: I think Polyphony need to try and based the timer on the real world.

For example if a 908 laps at 3m 26.707s at le mans, then the ai should be lapping close or equal to that lap.
The ai should also actually go flatout at places such as the chicanes at trail mountain and be more confident.

wheel cam: i think that it needs a little realism in the wheel cam department:
GTR2%202008-06-06%2000-13-20-22.jpg
It also needs full control so we can move it from Left to right wheels

As much as i love the gt series, aren't you also getting fed up with having pretty much the same cars with the same sponser/colour combination year after year?? how hard is it really, to put slightly different graphics on a ford v8 supercar. I mean come on! ONE FORD FALCON!! in the whole game! quite pathetic. I don't think gt4 offered much more than gt3 as far as new cars apart from specials that you can't race and the (admittedly fantastic) Group C cars!! If gt5 is going to have 16 players racing against each other, we need a full field of cars from the same category but all different makes and sponsered teams.

Online gaming is still plagued by the problem of host playing quitting and ruining game for all players, In 'Race driver :Grid' if the host quits the game it is automatically switched to another player. Is this so impossible for gt5???
Also, i am still getting barged off track by dirty cheating drivers online. How do we moderate this?? Maybe we should have a vote system and if that player has enough votes against him/her over time they should be banned for a month?? just an idea!!

I know that the makers of Gt don't want to bring in advancements for the game unless they are perfected but, we gt fans have missed out on so much in the past that other games have had for years. The old PS2 game Le mans 24hours was an excellent game with day and night changes much better engine sounds, a large field of cars with much more challenging AI and all this way back in 2001.

Where are Maserati, porsche and lamborghini etc????? they are in other more unrealistic games. Are they trying to tell me that they would rather be associated with need for speed (with damage ) than the GT series??? RUBBISH!!!
And i don't know about everyone else but I would rather have a well known racer like a Spice or WR or lotus esprit race car than a quite pointless VOLVO ESTATE ROAD CAR!!!

Kazunori Yamauchi says he has never played other games such Forza. If you have played it you would realise it has a very good simulation of speed, both accelerating and slowing down which i believe is helped by the racing gearbox noises and engine sounds. The cars really feel as though they have weight behind them.

I would rather forego bloody License tests, drag racing and photo sections if it mean't time was spent on a wider range of cars, weather conditions and more tracks.

my selfish reccomendations :- Better AI
wider range of cars
wider range of team colours
damage
better pit crews
weather
day and night changes
voice chat
private races
More top end manufacurers (not VOL-VO)

Kind regards

lee Moldon

What I'd like to see is racing in the night like 24hour races, weather changes...

What also would be cool is intstead of riding gear in tourist trophy is driving gear in gt5... like you can choose your own helmet(all designed helmets by polyphony, with that I mean designed helmets, not helmets with flags of a country on it) , handgloves, shoes, etc.. and of course a more real life f1 car.... the ferrari f2007 rocks!!!!

As much as i love the gt series, aren't you also getting fed up with having pretty much the same cars with the same sponser/colour combination year after year?? how hard is it really, to put slightly different graphics on a ford v8 supercar. I mean come on! ONE FORD FALCON!! in the whole game! quite pathetic. I don't think gt4 offered much more than gt3 as far as new cars apart from specials that you can't race and the (admittedly fantastic) Group C cars!! If gt5 is going to have 16 players racing against each other, we need a full field of cars from the same category but all different makes and sponsered teams.

my selfish reccomendations :- wider range of team colours

This would be solved more easily by just giving us a decent colour and decal editor, then we can just make our own liveries. Sadly, I dont think we will ever see that in the game.

This would be solved more easily by just giving us a decent colour and decal editor, then we can just make our own liveries. Sadly, I dont think we will ever see that in the game.

Kaz has mentioned it before and has had "Paint shop" on a powerpoint display before so I wouldn't completely discount it. Really we don't know much about full GT5 yet as all we ever hear about is GT5P, which if is anything like GT4P was to GT4 full we are missing a whole lot of features.

Polyphony Digital and Kazunori Yamauchi have said they want Gran Turismo 5 to have more of a human element.

So they put 3-D spectators on the side of the road and added pit scenes with the driver out of the car and the crew caressing it.

But what they missed his human speech.

I was browsing around youtube and ran into this video:

Then it hit me

Wouldn't it be alot better if the car information screens had a human voice tell you about the car? Or the track preview video scenes in GT5P, wouldn't it be better if there was a human voice reading the info to you instead of you reading the text yourself?

How about a crew chief who talks to you over the radio from the pits and gives you lap times, laps completed and information about where you are compared to the car ahead of you and behind you? This is needed if they give us an option to turn the HUD completley off.

Maybe even a spotter who gives you the location of cars around you?

Or commentators for each race, or a mixture of both?

Has a single word ever been uttered in the Gran Turismo series outisde of the music?

If they truly want to add a human element, they must include human speech. Speech is a basic element of human behavior, where would we be without it? So why and try to bring a human element to Gran Turismo without speech?

I say it's time that the Gran Turismo series gets unmuted and we hear human speech for the first time.

-Rome Curcuit
-More cars
-Less multiple models of the same car (such as having so many skylines)
-Smarter AI, ofcourse
-More race leagues. One of the biggest things I liked about GT3 actually was how there was the low-class JGTC league, higher-class JGTC leagues both in the medium difficulty races, and then both of them with modified cars in the hard difficulty. Made for much variety and didn't make the game too easy by modifying your cars. I'd like that for atleast a few of the different race types. Even if they didn't have leagues with modified/unmodified cars, I'd still like there to be a league for the lower-class JGTC's. I really like the S2000 Racecar and such type cars, but there just isn't anywhere to race them.
-Races using more of a variety of tracks; Certain tracks in previous games seem to be repetitively used, but other tracks are hardly used.
-Damage - but I don't expect that to happen nor is it necessary for me. But perhaps the arcade mode damage from GT2 could be applied to GT5? How you didn't actually see the car damaged, but performance was degraded.
-Weather - I never really thought of it until I saw these forums, but that would be interesting.
-Tuning - More tuning options would be nice, plus a more detailed description of what the tuning did, or make it more clear which way something is being adjusted (such as for the weight transfer in GT4, it didn't say if + numbers were front or back)

i wanna see a jgtc league with some of the newest and the old jgtc cars. and i also wanna see new lemans race cars,not these cars from ´83 or so, new cars from the lmp1 lmp2 gt1 and gt2 class.

I would like to see endurance races online, 1 or 2 hours would be enough :)

It would be awesome to do 24 hour races with some kind of race team system, allowing you to switch out with 2 or 3 other drivers when you pit. Wouldn't be hard to do I don't think, you just load the next driver driving out of the pits rather than actually switching connections to the car model. It would be hard to manage though, because you would have to have pre-arranged times when each driver switches over, because I think some people wouldn't want to just sit around and wait for 3 or 4 hours or whatever your stint is.

Why? I put harder tyres on the back because some cars like to wear them down a lot faster than the front through torque, so I can run longer without pitting.

actually, there's a couple things I'd like to see put BACK.

1 Car info, spoken or not as the above person has hinted
2 RPM and Miles/kilometers per hour on the custom tranny setting., so you can easily adjust all the gears, not just the final.
3 unit spacing, a la GT3. that made things easier for me to adjust.
4 platform designations on all vehicles, not just the Japanese ones

What I would like to see is in your garage when you look at a car, there's another screen you can go to which has stats and a brief summary about the vehicle.

Like there could be the usual year, make, model, engine, etc. but then add in things such as maybe options, performance stats, the original designer, and perhaps even a few odd/interesting tidbits that you may not have known about the vehicle.

Why? I put harder tyres on the back because some cars like to wear them down a lot faster than the front through torque, so I can run longer without pitting.

Because drivers will abuse it to create fast but usually ill handling cars and it's not realistic.

Sure, putting harder tires on the rear helps you run longer without pitting, but that's a problem with the tire wear in GT, it's very inaccurate.

Quick examples:

Tires on a Le Mans car should last at least 25 laps. The hardest tires in GT4 last only around 10 laps at Le Mans.

Also, when using the hardest tire you're much, much slower over a lap then drivers with softer tires, that means drivers with R3/R3 tires will always beat those using R1/R1 because the gap in speed is too great between tire compounds in GT4 and the pit stops are too fast compared to real Le Mans racing which takes away the advantage of using harder tires and pitting less.

So I would like more realistic tire wear in GT5 as well and realistic pit rules for each race series so in Le Mans you have to wait until the car is finished fueling before changing tires.

Latest Posts

Back