Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
That's easier said than done when the idiots online are racing like it's a hockey game.

Hmm, yea I hear the "punishment" system in multiplayer that's supposed to prevent people from crashing around doesn't really work too well...

I'd think damage modelling would calm down the crashers a little. Not sure about that tho. Does that help in multiplayer of Forza?

I wish that they brought back the vehicle history when buying a car. To me that was the best feature of GT2, where I could read about the development
stages of the cars as they progressed from generation to generation. They should definitely bring back the used car feature as well.

if they bring back used car dealers then i hope their more veried than gt4
for example i could go to the early 90's and not find any european or american cars and it seemed a bit over priced paying over £100,000 for a merc slk that probably wasnt worth that much new

also would like downloadably race events like NFS pro street say starting with 10 events in c class and later on down the line getting maybe 20 events in the same class

It would be nice to get a whole range of one vehicle, with the ability to swap and change options like interior colours, wheels, etc as if it were real life.

It's great the amount of preset colour combinations in GT games, but being able to pick and choose exactly what you want from the dealer as in real life would be sweet.

Walk-through car dealers. The cars are in their own dealers, you walk around, looking at the cars that are there, and When you find one you fancy, you pick it, and you can take it for a test drive first, or just take it. WITH buying, of course. I do not condone Illegal actions.

Walk-through car dealers. The cars are in their own dealers, you walk around, looking at the cars that are there, and When you find one you fancy, you pick it, and you can take it for a test drive first, or just take it. WITH buying, of course. I do not condone Illegal actions.

wow lol, that would be awesome :D

This post has to do with championships and races.

Single Races:
* return qualifying (unless you want a situation similar to the Yamaha TZ250 Challenge Mode events in Tourist Trophy). The Formula One-style qualification (before the Knockout format) is just about perfect)

Championships:
* clinching championships (domination should be rewarded early so you have nothing to lose for the final race(s))
* unique championship formats (different point-offering systems, certain bonus championship points for certain tasks (like completing the most laps or just leading a lap), and that sort of thing. That's even if the grid is reversed for a race.
* special non-points races (just to make some championships more interesting)

General:
* no more win/loss; I'm happier with an average finish percentage rather than reminding me of how good or how bad of a racer I am. Tourist Trophy had it correct as you can simply win and lose races without really being down on yourself losing so much.
* B-Spec as a teammate or an alternate driver. He's/She's not for "letting the game play itself for you," you know.
* A little more of a racing team focus rather than just being a faceless driver that owns a lot of cars at a simple house. See my thread on immersive elements in GT5 for more information.

That be all. Have a good one, mates!

I'd like to see a proper introduction to drag races in GT5:

Real drag strips; Kansas City International Raceway, Santa Pod etc.
Tyre smoke that hangs around for a while.
Drag racing championships like the Gran Turismo All Stars series

^^Think I´ve responded to this before; The only reason I would want dragracing in GT5, would be that I could take a funnycar to the Nürburgring Nordschleife! Desaster, yes, but oh, how fun!

Having race modifications back would be nice, slamming a plastic wing on the trunk lid isn't really much of an aerodynamic body kit?

Point to point races on long roads would be nice, for rallying but also,
even road trip races on the highways.
An endurace race from a city to another would be something that I haven't seen since Out Run or something, with pit stops scattered around the route.

Seeing actually NEW things would be nice.
After all, other GTs have been really like GT1.2, 1.3, 1.4 updates to the original, basically the game is still the same;
shiny cars go around a track with good looking graphics, everything improves in little steps with every game.
That's nice but is this really all they could have done since 1997?

Seeing actually NEW things would be nice.
After all, other GTs have been really like GT1.2, 1.3, 1.4 updates to the original, basically the game is still the same;
shiny cars go around a track with good looking graphics, everything improves in little steps with every game.
That's nice but is this really all they could have done since 1997?

Shows you how good the first one was. :crazy:

I'd like to see a proper introduction to drag races in GT5:

Real drag strips; Kansas City International Raceway, Santa Pod etc.
Tyre smoke that hangs around for a while.
Drag racing championships like the Gran Turismo All Stars series

Yeah, online drag would be cool. Especially if the American muscle cars come back for this version. Maybe add drag chutes to the tuner shop! :sly:

Point to point races on long roads would be nice, for rallying but also,
even road trip races on the highways.
An endurace race from a city to another would be something that I haven't seen since Out Run or something, with pit stops scattered around the route.

A long highway run with traffic would be great in the GT universe, but I'm sure that as it is, modeling the tracks is hard enough, let alone 100 miles of I-95 or the Autobahn or something like that. Plus, then we're just playing Need for Speed with better cars and graphics.

i would like to see driving aids employ a handycap. i am not sure how this would be done in GT5, but in prologue the analogy would be that turning on traction control, increasing abs etc, would increase PP, so you would have to decide on tuning the car or increasing assist.

for good drivers this would be a no brainer, but it would put those who rely on aids on a performance disadvantage.

If this isn't brought up yet but, turbo lag? Make it feel like if you are running too big of a turbo, it would actually hurt you. It would also be great if you can "brake boost". I get bored some times and I uhh...compare cars by doing highway runs or from a dig with my brothers.

better atmospheric sounds, pops, bangs, overruns and turbo stutters.

I think this sounds a good idea, it would be very easy to implement things like this into the game and they would really add quite a lot to it.

Ever revved the engine in the Cossie in PGR4 at the start line? The exhaust note, the exhaust popping, the raw sound of the engine as the camera swings to the front, THAT is how the car should sound. If it were in GT5 it would just sound like a wheezy Fiesta, as all of the cars always have.

The muscle cars don't have a good enough rumble either. The tire screeching sounds are also terrible, again referencing PGR4, as the cars corner you can hear the tires scrabbling for grip as they get right on the edge.

Why do we not have such simple things in 'The real driving simulator'?

A virtual Nurburgring, where it would be open online 24 hours a day with real time weather & day and night transition synchronized with the real conditions in Germany at the time, and it would be available for people to have free runs and socialize via some sort of chat console/room - you could park up in the pits and chat. Plus the rules would be you can only overtake on the left (like the real thing).

In most cases i do not pay attention to these threads....but it is now ten years since the first GT came along and i think things need to be moved on for the GT series. I think there are many features the hardcore as well as the casual are really crying out for.

The first has to be damage. The PS3 has a awesome CELL engine, so there is no reason that not only could PD implement damage, but the most realistic damage, i.e. Motorstorm style. I think this is one the reasons it is taking longer than expected, rather than the simple case of legal issues. It is obvious PD would not release a damage model which equals if not beats the graphics of GT5 P. But this one needs implementing, and as mentioned by KY it has mean something....there is no point having damage if it is just cosmetic....

I think the second is DLC. Regular updates where cars, tracks and other content is provided on a monthly basis for us to download or which get given to use via patches, i.e. like PS3 firmware. The content must be of high quality and also provided on a regular basis though..not some random event. It would be a good idea to have Gran Turismo to get a Playstation Store of its own, where you can download motor vehicle videos, news, podcasts, TV shows such as Top Gear and get access to Sport such as FIA GT, all that stuff.....

The graphics on GT5 P need one last refresh because there is nothing really wrong just a few issues that need addressing, and the physics are spot on, when driving with a steering wheel its pretty perfect....So improvements around these areas are needed. Above all this however, there is one thing i wants GT to go into....

Social gaming Web 3.0. User generated content. Where users create tracks, upload them, create cars from basic components (LittleBigPlanet) and sell trade them online, create custom skins, create vidoes of their races and upload them to YouTube, create photo shows with GT photomode, use EyeToy to make themselves appear in game......all these things where GT should be going. Further to this without doubt full Playstation Home integration is needed, with 3D trophies and areas where you can meet up with GT players.....so much potential here. This is where GT should be going now.

Another thing which should be in it but isn't is different weather and times of day. Sure we have had some wet night tracks but why not some that are wet during the day, then the next day they are sunny? Or even just some night time tracks besides the usual cityscapes? Imagine how awesome it would be driving round Trial Mountain at night?

Oh, and horns and reverse lights would be nice.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but I want complete control over the camera's location in both photo modes. It's already in Photo Travel, but you shouldn't be limited to a designated amount of space. Actual visual effects would be awesome as well, but I think those were already confirmed.

A virtual Nurburgring, where it would be open online 24 hours a day with real time weather & day and night transition synchronized with the real conditions in Germany at the time, and it would be available for people to have free runs and socialize via some sort of chat console/room - you could park up in the pits and chat. Plus the rules would be you can only overtake on the left (like the real thing).

Definitely this, but I think the left-only overtaking is a bit too strict for a video game.

Back