Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Helicopters would be cool, but I doubt we'll get that.

Edit- Seriously an autocross feature would be cool, like LFS'.

helicopters??? hahahaha

im gonna copy and paste here what i wrote in another post about possible physics engine enhancements to make the game "the ultimate simulator":

graphics by themselves are far from the be-all end-all, there's a LOT that goes into creating a realistic virtual world other than having your main objects being modeled with 100,000s of polygons..

-lighting: daytime/sunset/night time, realtime headlights/reflections
-realistic and physically correct weather effects
-rain/snowfall, fog
-air temperature and its effect on tarmac traction
-water accumulation on the track (affecting performance, like hydroplaning for example)
-water hitting the windshield (from rain and cars in front of you)
-dust being kicked up and interacting with other cars/windshields
-wind and its effects on cars, leaves in an autumn setting being realistically picked off the ground as a car drives over them (think back to the mini ring)
-tire tracks on the track surface and its effect on traction
-deformation (VERY HARD) such as realistic collisions with the environment and other cars, parts failing or falling off as a result of a collision and interacting with the track and other cars :dopey::dopey:
-higher quality crowds and backgrounds (trees and crowd could def use more polygons), etc etc

there's a loooot of room for improvement still.. maybe on the PS4 and GT7

aaaaaaaand of course, driver AI :lol:

time/day changes, weather, racing livery is what i have in mind the most but well... gimme it time and you'll have it all, I'm sure ;)

I don't know if its been mentioned but I'd love for them to focus more on engine sound, like VTEC crossover on Honda's, Supercharger sound, Turbo spooling, Cam'd engines that don't idle perfectly, etc. Also more with appearance; paint is ok not that crap in the NFS series, Different muffler's when you buy certain exhaust from different manufactures, thats about it from me.

How about different fuels e.g a premium race fuel will give better top speeds and lap times and a lower spec fuels give slower lap times and lower top speeds but have increased duration
its just so mad it may work... i think

I was watching a vid of the Amuse S2000 and thought - wow, wouldn't it be cool to be able to switch off ALL displays while driving (e.g. speedo) or at least have the option to do so, possibly with the sterring wheel. E.G. while cruising. Like you see the cars in the replays.

I don't know if its been mentioned but I'd love for them to focus more on engine sound, like VTEC crossover on Honda's, Supercharger sound, Turbo spooling, Cam'd engines that don't idle perfectly, etc. Also more with appearance; paint is ok not that crap in the NFS series, Different muffler's when you buy certain exhaust from different manufactures, thats about it from me.

Soo did I miss the memo? What paint crap is in the NFS series? If you mean the vinyls, then I agree. But if you mean the different KINDS of paint (matte, gloss, pearl, metallic, etc) then I disagree because they are all valid types of paint that are used on both race cars and factory cars.

an real drag mode, with enemys, an it must be by 2 playerraces too.
and you must also have real drag wheels and rims, and then with a lot of power you can make a wheeli, that would be cool to play an dragrace online!!!!!

I second the drag idea, how easy would it be to throw in a christmas tree and two lanes. They already had a 1/4 mile in gt4, 2 player would be the next step. Have a tune setting just for drag. Im not big into drag racing but thad be a really cool feature. You could buy fat slicks just for drag and tiny rims lol. I like.

I'd like to walk around a 3d garage with my cars in it (ala PGR2) and perhaps even take photos right then and there.

I'd like to see all of the stats for a car in an easier manner than it being required that I click on it and make a purchase (up until the final cancel button).

An easier way to balance yourself against the opposition or visa-versa ... I'm sick of entering a race and either being woefully underpowered or stupidly overpowered; just tell me what the opposition is and what sort of class to aim for.

Let me switch cars as I'm looking at the race screen, rather than retreating all the way to my garage.

If a race has requirements, show me the cars that meet them so I don't have to spend an hour looking for a car les than 2400mm in length (or whatever).

Have A-Spec points mean something?

GIve out A-spec points (a lesser amount) for positions other than 1st.

Damage is a no-brainer ... there has to be some form of penalty for using the AI as moving walls or braking aids.

Do we have to have so many clicks and loads and saves everytime we buy tuneup parts for a car? Can't we pick them all and then save at the end?

Can't they be a little more descriptive about race requirements? "Super car special!!!" ... um ... okay ... so what cars fall into that category, then?

If a car is counted as "special" and you can't actually race with it, perhaps give a little indication of such?

dang man, you just about got it all... there are a few things id like to add tho...

ok, so first, how about some sort of paint shop or something that lets you go choose a color for your car and put different decals and stuff on it kinda like the one from NFS underground 2... that way you dont get stuck with whatever color you first chose and if you dont like the color of the car you won, you can change it...

also, how about some sort of street racing and a city that you can drive around... or a few cities you could drive around... like, maybe have a huge world that you drive around to get to your races and some airports or whatever to get to those cities over seas and compete in the races over there... maybe even the ability to get out of your car, when not in a race of course, and interact with other people in the game...

drag racing would be cool...

drift comps... that come with tuts for how to drift and tune your car to drift... that would be cool as long as it remains at the same level as in GT3 and GT4... i would hate it if they dumbed drifting down to the point that all you had to do was turn into the corner and the car would drift, like in NFS and just about all other "racing" games... except for gran turismo of course... if they do this, the drifting would have to remain the same as in GT3 and 4...

tuts on how to just tune your car period... im sure that not a whole lot of people know how to tune their cars... also, im sure that not everyone who plays gran turismo has a computer so some may not have the ability to google gt tune tuts... not to mention that half of the tuts that are user made are hard as hell to deciper... there should be tuts built in to the game...

maybe even the ability to add neon lights and diff headlight colors... also, body kits, headlight and tailight styles, a wider selection of wings, diff hood styles, and a bunch of other stuff to make your car one of a kind...

i would absolutely love for there to be real-time weather and damage... it would be so cool to be sitting there in your cockpit view and see the rain drops falling on your windshield... maybe even snow, and frost that can build up on the windshield...

when racing in city courses like New York, there should MAYBE be some cars other than those that are in the race...

another thing i would like for there to be, is maybe an online store that you use real money to buy music and stuff for your game, kind of like itunes store... and then, when your in the middle of the race or something, you can switch over to a new song and you see your guy reaching up, grabbing the cd and actually seeing the actual label on the cd while he is putting it into the cd player... an unnecessary thing but it would be 🤬 awesome...
maybe even some other little things that go into your car... i was watching a video today and some guy was in a car and he was flipping switches on the console that changed his suspension and damper and stuff... they could do something where you go to the tune shop or whatever and buy things like that and, dont make fun of me for this, do something like in kingdom hearts where you hold down, maybe L1, and a menu drops down and you select a choice and you can change things like that... that would be awesome as well!

i would like for there to be something like a chart that showed approx. how long a certain type of wheel will last on a car before having to be changed... i think that could be useful for maybe guessing when the cars your racing against will need to take a pit stop... ive hardly ever taken a pit stop for fear of falling behind in the race to the point where you cant catch back up... maybe even something that shows the mpg of each car, how big the tank is, and how far the car can go on one tank of gas... that would also be helpful with guessing when your opponent will take a pit...

i would like for there to be something like a chart that showed approx. how long a certain type of wheel will last on a car before having to be changed... i think that could be useful for maybe guessing when the cars your racing against will need to take a pit stop... ive hardly ever taken a pit stop for fear of falling behind in the race to the point where you cant catch back up... maybe even something that shows the mpg of each car, how big the tank is, and how far the car can go on one tank of gas... that would also be helpful with guessing when your opponent will take a pit...

I'd like to see this done more realistically via tire tread rating and approx. mileage, and have the car stat screen also display gas tank size. Though you can't really guess the mpg of any certain car...

Things i would like to see are:

• 2 player online play
  • 16 cars or more in 2 player mode,
  • drift mode for 2 players
  • be able to pick a car from different saved memories in 2 player mode,( so you can play on say your bothers saved memory, on 2 players, but pick a car from your memory on your user on that same PS3. just like you could on GT4.)
  • in-depth tuning, with real wheel manufactures
  • when purchasing a car, you should be able to choose exterior colour, interior colour and from the wheels that the manufacture offers on that car.
  • As well as maybe providing kits, like body kit's (AERO KIT, OR SPORTS PACK) engine upgrades (MINI COOPER TO MINI COOPER WORKS).👍
  • and when buying tyre's you should be able to select the manufacture of tyre and the model of tyre (e.g. michelin pilot sport 2's or pirelli PZero corsa's)
  • maybe for your drift car there could be the option of those tyres that give of coloured smoke when burnt.
  • Of course damage, car customization ( similar to Prostreet, just turned down a bit) and skid marks created by you on the track after you drift, slide and crash etc.
  • be able to save your 2 player replay.
  • and then take pictures from it.
  • Have a mixture of rolling starts and standing starts in races
  • have a mode where you are able to look around your car, similar in a showroom mode or garage mode, but in more detail. so you are able to look inside your cars at the interiors
  • of course some pit garages that you can actually pull into to end the race similar to F1 CE and GTR

- It more able to run out of fuel (always have to make pitstop for tyres not for fuel)
- Different tyre manufacturers (michelins that can not run on ovals etc) :scared:
- Little bit of NFS like tuning (wings,bodykits,stickers) :odd:
- That the race start grid get more changed, feels sometimes like its the same startgrid every time in a race :(
- Be able to change the colour of youre car after you bought it
- Look in whole car
- Photomode (properly in it)
- Videomode :sly:
- Musicplayer for youre OWN music :banghead:
- Be able to hire drivers for B Spec mode (better the more expensive they are) :bowdown:
- Sponsors? could be fun maybe make a new thing were you can dephel more of a own car like a lemans team or so but maybe that should be a whole new game :bowdown: Really need a Motorsport management game...

I see on threads people have already mentioned greater use whilst online, but does anyone know if they are planning in game online options to request friends for races? I also feel that sitting in silence and not being able to banter to each other whilst driving online takes some of the fun away or is that just me? :grumpy:

It seems that everyone wants damage adding so why did they feel it was a preference of people to not add it in the first place? :scared:

Could it be possible to work controls on cars in real time? Think about cars like the 599 GTB Fiorano, which has certain modes you can use. The 599 GTB Fiorano has five different levels of traction control. I'm thinking of this based on "Test Drive Unlimited" and the three real-time traction control modes in TDU. Just have to press right on the D-Pad to cycle through the different modes. Only problem is that looking left and right could be a problem if we eventually get this sort of feature for GT5.

So this post has to do with any kind of real-time TCS setting and any other real-time driving modes. I wouldn't mind seeing this for cars that have certain electronics to enable certain commands. This would even include scheduling a pit stop, (probably not possible) changing fuel settings, and other sorts of real-time modes and features found in race cars and some performance street cars.

nice if the engine notes would change when u fit a new exhaust.

and would be good to have an area where car review magazines can place car reviews ect for us to read.

Could it be possible to work controls on cars in real time? Think about cars like the 599 GTB Fiorano, which has certain modes you can use. The 599 GTB Fiorano has five different levels of traction control. I'm thinking of this based on "Test Drive Unlimited" and the three real-time traction control modes in TDU. Just have to press right on the D-Pad to cycle through the different modes. Only problem is that looking left and right could be a problem if we eventually get this sort of feature for GT5.
I would imagine perhaps you could something similar With that new wheel, but I love the idea though.

So this post has to do with any kind of real-time TCS setting and any other real-time driving modes. I wouldn't mind seeing this for cars that have certain electronics to enable certain commands. This would even include scheduling a pit stop, (probably not possible) changing fuel settings, and other sorts of real-time modes and features found in race cars and some performance street cars.

I feel like taking the time to learn exactly how a Ferrari TCS system works, figuring out how each level effects the car, etc for every kind of car with this type of feature would be a waste of time when Gran Turismo already has a basic TCS system already in place. I mean i'm sure a Ferrari's TCS is better than most cars but who the hell really wants to use a TCS? The new GTR has different shift modes and suspension modes. Do you think PD should try and imitate all the settings to be changable or would you rather just have everything set to race mode. Will you notice the difference in ride comfort in comfort mode? Waste of time. It would be very cool, however, to have the in car video show the guy adjusting the TCS button on the Ferrari's steering wheel, or where ever it is in that whatever car, when your changing the real-time settings.

I think we need different ways of spending the hard-earned credits you accumulate through races. For example, mere 3,000,000 credits you could hire Max Mosley to set you up with a nazi-themed sex orgy.

A dyno. I'd love to see a computer hooked up inside your car, so you could get some real tuning going on and it would an amazing experience... :D

I think we need different ways of spending the hard-earned credits you accumulate through races. For example, mere 3,000,000 credits you could hire Max Mosley to set you up with a nazi-themed sex orgy.

Wrong thread. This should be posted in the "immersion" thread as this would be a new real world facet of racing which makes your experience more lifelike.

How about if at a race meeting you were able to walk around the paddock and the pits freely between races? There would be a limit to how far you could wander but the atmosphere at races is part of being there. You could check out the other cars and the atmosphere in general. We see in the trailers with the crews in their garages looking at the monitors in the pits, that would be nice to be able to do. Like if B spec is included (?) in GT5, if your out of the car during the race, you could hang around the garage until your next stint (whenever you chose to get back into the car lol). It would also be nice to be able to jump up onto pit wall and watch the race from the pitwall.

How about if at a race meeting you were able to walk around the paddock and the pits freely between races? There would be a limit to how far you could wander but the atmosphere at races is part of being there. You could check out the other cars and the atmosphere in general. We see in the trailers with the crews in their garages looking at the monitors in the pits, that would be nice to be able to do. Like if B spec is included (?) in GT5, if your out of the car during the race, you could hang around the garage until your next stint (whenever you chose to get back into the car lol). It would also be nice to be able to jump up onto pit wall and watch the race from the pitwall.
You know, that actually would be a great idea for Home too. Seeing as they already were showing examples of free roaming places, That would be a neat addition.

You know, that actually would be a great idea for Home too. Seeing as they already were showing examples of free roaming places, That would be a neat addition.

Home will always be disconnected from GT5 to some extent. Pits would have to be made by PD. Pits would require a copy of GT, and going back to your "Home" you will have to somehow cross "games"
I don't think home will be completely interlaced with games, but rather be able to easily go back and forth and perhaps load your home character into real games.

Back