Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
I also would really like to see an option that you can program the automatic gear box on each car to upshift and downshift at whatever RPM you determine if you have purchased a Fully Cutomisable Gearbox.

I'm sure some of these have been posted.

-You should be able to have certain cars Auto, and others Manual. Of course though this would have to be realistic. I don't think it would be realistic to buy a Automatic EVO or WRX. Should have a transmission list when you buy a car between Semi-Automatic, Automatic, and Manual depending on car of course.

-Realistic Auto cars. I know GT4 had cars that had realistic Automatic gear boxes (Mitsubishi Tarmac for example), but if you choose Auto it should be exactly like one, and not a Manual that's doing the shifting for you.

-Distinctive exhaust note. No more V8s that sound like a 4 Cylinder when you put a exhaust on them. More often than not I left the stock exhausts, because they sounded alot better.

-More realistic tuning. Ok what I really didn't like about GT4 is how Supercharged cars couldn't get a upgraded Supercharger, but could get N/A tuning? WTF?

-Car Value. This is one thing that has always annoyed me. I should be able to spend money on a car, and make some profit off it. I don't like spending 250,000 on a car, and find out it's worth 3,000. This is one thing I liked in Forza.

-Special cars. Now, now the Nike 2022, and others were cool, but what is exactly the point of them, if they can't be used for racing? I would love to have a championship in one of those old Mercedes carriages. lol

-Less car variations. I know it's a Japanese game, but do we seriously need 4224424124 versions of the Skyline, EVO, or WRX? The space should be kept for cars that haven't been in GT before.

-Drag racing events. I was excited to hear drag racing was in GT4, but that quickly went up in a puff of smoke when I found out it was just a time trial kind of thing, and not a straight up drag race on a real dragstrip. Infineon Raceway has a dragstrip, why not use that? Have actual drag racing events, and maybe have the ability to purchase Funny cars, Top Fuelers etc.

There's alot of little annoyances that were in GT4, that I really hope are fixed for GT5.

Although I realize that GT is the ultimate (or tries to be) in racing simulation, I really hate the fact that I'm forced to do actual 24-hour races. I know you can do 3x speed in B-spec but whatever, because after a pitstop it goes back to 1x speed. I hate having the PS running for 3 days straight doing a damn 24 hour race and no one else can use it because I'm busy at work and whatnot. I get it, its a long race. And whats up with oversteer and the RUF's? I drove my buddy's 911 about a year ago and let loose in an empty parking lot doing donuts and powerslides. Let's get some real physical modeling here.

i do agree with these posts but seriously they really should bring car customization into the game, i mean gt4 kind of upped it with the spoiler thing and rims but it still wasnt enough. im not saying im like making gt5 into some nfs undergound type of game, but i mean its always fun to be creative and make a car look how you want it to look.

Don't know if it's been mentioned here, but I'd like to be able to pit on my own without the game taking over. I'd like to "find" my crew and negotiate the turn into my pit area as my crew works on my car and then be able to check the rear-view mirror before I put it in 1st gear and zoom out again. Why do we have to give up control of the pitting?

ERacer

This is one i know will never happen but i would like to tinker with on occasion. The ability to have teams both online and lan/multiplayer.
But then to add to that the ability to be a soft of team pit manager for your other members for when you either don't feel like racing or want to give your members a helping hnd/brain for longer races/endurance runs.
Say 16-24 cars in one class and you have two or three members of your team in that race, instead of watching the race you would telemetry of each members spot on a "map" of the track, where they are in position, 1-24 etc, where hey are in position to each other, lap times, how far ahead or behind the race leader/s, etc.
Then when they are nearing pit lane you could help them to decide whether they just need to pit for fuel or tires, and also if they need only one tire and the others are ok etc, because they need to get back out on track as fast as possible, same with fuel load and whether they should attempt just staying out etc.
You could also put out near the pitlane and track the pitboard for them to squint their eyes at and pretend they saw that it said laps,time,etc.
Or even if there are multiclass races, you could advise both or all members just like above but the multiclass aspect would add a bit more strategy.
I KNOW this will never see light of day, but it would be a interesting touch.

Body Modification, not like a need for speed, but you should be able to put areo kits on from aftermarket company's like AMG, Nismo and what not...

Wheel Modification, you should be able to customize the rim width, height, and offset. and the tire thickness and width.

Custom Paint! i would absolutly love it if i can paint all my cars my favourite colour, Aztec Green, or Marranellor nior

Realistic Engine Potential, honda/acura's can definiately make more then 350whp, i have a friend with a +600whp civic. and i have seen a 500whp nsx around here

Tire Marks!

Don't know if it's been mentioned here, but I'd like to be able to pit on my own without the game taking over. I'd like to "find" my crew and negotiate the turn into my pit area as my crew works on my car and then be able to check the rear-view mirror before I put it in 1st gear and zoom out again. Why do we have to give up control of the pitting?

ERacer

Just curiuos if there are any race games on consule or PC that allows you to drive your car to the pit box without the computer taking over. Lets say that you could you would most likely need predetermined settings that you would want changed. Because selecting and driving to pit box in real time would be very difficult without a longer pit stop.

Dont know if this has already been said or not, but Blow off valves from different brands ( as in the user can choose between tuners), and external wastegates that actually make noise! If Mr Gran Turismo provides these two features, ill be even happier than i am already :D

When free driving on Nordschleif and hitting the wall,medic's taking care,after that a towcar picking up wreck.Meaning,when you hit the wall,it stays there,until it's been moved away,then back to pit and repair it.

Remove the HORN on pro races!!

1.) Grid girls :drool:

2.) ability take pictures of yourself with the grid girls after winning the race :drool:

3.) tuning system similar to the ones in SLR:RL, in other wordds, oyu buy all the parts yourself, you have to be sure that they fit to your car, take the old parts off and replace them with new ones, before doing any adjustments.

4.) if you manage to get your car up to 300mph and the crash, and your brave driver dies due the impact, you have to train new driver.

5.) tyre blows up instead of just losing grip when the indicator is red.

6.) Aerodynamic lift and cars flipping over at Hunaudieres a la M-B CLK-GTR..

7.) since there is horn implemented, the international hand signs should be included too :lol:

8.) bumper stickers.. "Honk again, I'm loading the gun" in the back end of Camaro would be adequate..:sly:

2.) ability take pictures of yourself with the grid girls after winning the race :drool:

3.) tuning system similar to the ones in SLR:RL, in other wordds, oyu buy all the parts yourself, you have to be sure that they fit to your car, take the old parts off and replace them with new ones, before doing any adjustments.

4.) if you manage to get your car up to 300mph and the crash, and your brave driver dies due the impact, you have to train new driver.

7.) since there is horn implemented, the international hand signs should be included too :lol:

8.) bumper stickers.. "Honk again, I'm loading the gun" in the back end of Camaro would be adequate..:sly:

Most of them are funny, I like it.

PS- What happened to you Leo, you used to be able to spell. :sly:

Hehehehehehe, you're nuts :lol: And that was the CLR that flipped.

What I have not yet read in this thread;

Your own music list, this music is then played in the game, during racing. That way you can drive an endurance race on the tones of you favorite music.

I would like to see a much more in-depth tuning system for the game. Here's what I see as the perfect in-game tuning experience:

When you select the tuning shop, your car gets driven into the garage and is parked up. Then the options menu appears and the parts are seperated into categories like in Forza 2, such as power, handling, platform, exterior, interior, etc. When you enter one of them, the screen shows you a large shop floor full of new parts, and by moving the analog sticks, you can walk around and look for what you want. For example, if you wanted a turbo kit or new exhaust or new brakes, you moved through the shop floor until you find the right section. Then you select the required area of the shop, and you are able to actually look at the individual parts and pick and choose what you want. There's then a shot of one of the employees retrieving the part for you.

Once you pick all the parts you want, it gets fun. The game switches to the garage in the back of the shop, and by the magic of motion capture and some clever programming, you can actually watch your car being modified. For example, if you bought a new bodykit, you can see the guys taking the stock parts off, bolting and rivetting the new kit onto the car, smoothing it over with fibreglass and then respraying. For internal parts such as engine and suspension, you can watch them lift the bonnet up and replace the air intake or turbo or whatever, or taking the wheel off and replacing the suspension arm. You can watch the whole car being modified or you can leave the car to be worked on, and a message will appear on screen later on letting you know the car is finished. Then when everything's done, you watch your car leave the garage and drive off home.

It would take a lot of work, time, effort and motion capture, but the end result would be absolutely stunning. What do you think?

That would be way too much work in an area that few (who appreciate Gran Turismo for more than just graphics) would appreciate.

I'd want more numerical-type toys; Actual numbers on those transmission graphs, mainly. Suspension values which actually represent the real resistance would be nice as well. I'm talking about the way they measure the spring rate applied to every single measurement. I want a skidpad to test the car's ultimate grip. I'd like a diagram next to every adjustment when you're making it, which shows exactly what you're doing to the car.

Other than that, Point A-B type races would be very welcome indeed, as would many more touge-type courses. Gymkhana would be a good mode to put in (which shouldn't be too taxing on the hardware) to put those Kei cars to some good use. Actual touge courses would be very welcome as well. And they should work out their physics equations properly, and allow us to actually flip our cars when we make an orchestrated effort;. That, though, shouldn't incorporate sky-high acrobatics; we don't want that crowd diluting the game's audience.

I could go on for ages, really.

EDIT: And the most fun one of all: I want them to let us run a race with 15 competitors on a course barely fit for 4 at once.

Notification that your time/position on the time trial has been beaten .
So that you don't have keep switching cars etc to check your standings.

Yipee i'm still last:crazy:

I was just reading the first post when I cam across this:
AI: More dynamic AI, AI drivers should be able to 'sense' what is in front and behind them when driving and be able to adjust the line they are driving to manuever(sp) around these obstacles, or at least get out of the way to prevent themselves from becoming obstacles.
Now when he says "sense what is in front and behind", that reminded me of an accident that I had the other day that was caused by the AI, because he couldn't sense I was behind him. I was playig on GT1, and I was doing the Sunday Cup race at Gran Valley in a Toyota Corolla Levin. There was a Mazda Demio in front of me, and he left a bit of space up the inside. There was just enough room, so I went for it. Then suddenly, he turned into me, closing the gap completley. I turned right a bit to avoid hitting him, when my front right wheel went onto the the grass, and my car started to slide. As I tried to correct it, my car flew over to the otherside of the track, hit a wall and spun! This is something that PD really needs to get right, aswell as damage!

It may only appeal to a few but Id like to see your pit crew up on the pit wall when you take the chequered flag, like in f1 or le mans. The Nurburgring 24hrs is a good example of this. it seems like everyone is up on the wall cheering the drivers home. How good would it be see your crew with a pit board and flags on the wall cheering you across the line.

Personally, there is nothing in the world i would love more than if GT5 would also have several tracks consisting of some city streets and country side like Grand Theft Auto. Maybe 3-4 cities, each about 1/2 or 1/3 the size of san andreas' cities? For example, a London district, something out of Paris, maybe a part of LA (PCH or some Cali mountain passes), and something out of Tokyo, or a beautiful german city with baroque architecture and an autobahn stretch?? With some traffic of course, of variable density. That would be absolutely amazing in my opinion

I do realize this would completely stray away from the gran turismo franchise based on individual timed races on closed tracks, as there are games out there that have attempted open-ended gameplay exactly as i am suggesting here.. regardless, being in love with GT graphics, car selection, and physics, i cant help but be drawn to the idea of driving my GT cars on more open, public roads.

And of course modeling these huge areas and developing a realistic traffic model would tack on another year or two of development time (as each one of my suggested city ideas would probably have to be about 10x bigger than a city track from GT4), so it'll just remain wishful thinking i guess :\

but this would make GT5 be the perfect "driving simulator" in my opinion :D

call it a photomode on steroids :D

No offense, but I hate that idea. Open tracks? So you want to turn Gran Turismo into Need for Speed Underground. Well, let me give you a little bit of advice. If you want Need for Speed Underground, then don't turn Grran Turismo into a street racing game, buy Need for Speed Underground.

No offense, but I hate that idea. Open tracks? So you want to turn Gran Turismo into Need for Speed Underground. Well, let me give you a little bit of advice. If you want Need for Speed Underground, then don't turn Grran Turismo into a street racing game, buy Need for Speed Underground.

i dont think you read my post carefully

1. i dont want a street racing game
2. i dont want nfs graphics
3. i dont want nfs physics

it's quite simple

Latest Posts

Back