Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
My absolute biggest peeve in GT4 was I couldn't select the AI cars in arcade, and they would be automatically selected. That killed a lot of my fun like when I wanted to have a touring car race, almost every car turned out to be a rally one.
Too bad PD can't know this, but if they let me manually select the AI cars in GT5, I will run out and get a PS3 for that one reason.

i would love for there to be a clutch,and make it neccesary to kick to get into the next gear,and to be able to fetaher it for starts,also would like to see burnouts and to be able to work on the exteriour of the car a bit

And there lies the problem with having a clutch feature in a game, the wheel will not be able to accuratly simulate the biting point. At the end of the day, the clutch would most likely be an on/off switch/pedal if at all included. If they made it so you had to apply the right ammount of pressure, without the feel of a real clutch, it would suck because you'd have no way of telling if your apllying too much of too little. I'm all for the idea of a clutch option for thoes that want it, but right now technology isn't where it needs to be to simulate a manual clutch well enough and cheap enough to make it's way into games wheel.

i see what your saying but i think they could come up with a decent setup,i would be happy with just having it so you have to kick the clutch first to go into the next gear and be able kick it in the middle of a gear and rev or clutch kick,and as for fetehring off the line i dont see how that wouldnt be possible,just the more you let the clucth back up the more power goes to the wheels.and im sure there will be some kick @$$ steering wheels for gt5

I still say that cute, japanese grid-girls are a must.. :drool: :sly: then those Forza boys would indeed have a reason to grit their jaws.. :lol:

For the used car lots, they should allow the option of haggling prices and getting a new air-freshener with your lovely new ride. Some should also need more work than others (if physical damage is implimented). And if they have seperated body panels, there should be mismatched body panels and wheels for an even better time

And there lies the problem with having a clutch feature in a game, the wheel will not be able to accuratly simulate the biting point. At the end of the day, the clutch would most likely be an on/off switch/pedal if at all included. If they made it so you had to apply the right ammount of pressure, without the feel of a real clutch, it would suck because you'd have no way of telling if your apllying too much of too little. I'm all for the idea of a clutch option for thoes that want it, but right now technology isn't where it needs to be to simulate a manual clutch well enough and cheap enough to make it's way into games wheel.

PD said that there would be a new wheel for GT5.
Maybe they're going to implement force feedback in the paddles?
That would definitely be possible.

But, we can only hope... ;)

Maybe I'm missing something in what you're trying to say, here, but the clutch pedal on the G25 is analog just like the gas and brake pedals. What's more, the hydraulic clutch on my BMW doesn't give a whole lot more feedback than the G25 one, aside from some occasional judder when it gets hot.

Live for Speed even simulates the biting point -- although it's rather low in the pedal's travel -- and I've done the horribly abusive (in real life) trick where you hold your position on a hill using only the clutch. Parked sideways on the banked oval course, no less.

I don't see why GT5 couldn't have analog clutch support with the G25 as an option.

Well, functional body kits, yes. dumb ricer kits that don't fit and worsen aero, no.

Oh, man. I don't think you understand. We WANT the dumb ass ricers to be able to mod their cars with all kinds of stupid crap. And we want those mods to negatively affect aero so when they go LOL I BEET U 20s ROUND NURB LOL I FASTTER DAN UR FAT MOM".. you can make it around say, Nurb in half the time they do.

With online racing it will be all the more easier to beat them into submission and get easy points.

Lol, would be funny if their ricer kits would suffer damage and fall off by hitting the bumps all the time :)

edit: on the other hand, it would be cool to have a wind tunnel to test out the various body kits to find out which ones go well with the car in terms of drag.
Creating your own body kits using this wind tunnel would be even better :)

the ricer kits would have some rules if included:
-Must only be attached by either glue or some form of tape
-Must be gray or bondo colored for the first 20% of the game
-Cannot create any aerodynamic help
-Must be overextravagant

-Must be overextravagant

-Must be fitted to the base model only

- only heavy, but at the same time easily breakable plastics (or cardboard)
No carbon or aluminum parts allowed.

At this rate, we might as well have a Dodge Ram with a bumper body kit that is similar-looking to stock ones, eccept that it is made out of iron and there are huke spikes jutting out of it. And let's add chainsaws. Why not?:sly:
YES, that was sarcasm

Anyway, there could be more in-depth lightening, such as taking the lights off your car and filling them with aluminum caps like on the old NASCAR cars. The car is now lighter, but you cannot use lights and thus, you can't see on dark tracks.

Maybe I'm missing something in what you're trying to say, here, but the clutch pedal on the G25 is analog just like the gas and brake pedals. What's more, the hydraulic clutch on my BMW doesn't give a whole lot more feedback than the G25 one, aside from some occasional judder when it gets hot.

Live for Speed even simulates the biting point -- although it's rather low in the pedal's travel -- and I've done the horribly abusive (in real life) trick where you hold your position on a hill using only the clutch. Parked sideways on the banked oval course, no less.

I don't see why GT5 couldn't have analog clutch support with the G25 as an option.
I've never played with a G25, I've played with a clutch in F355 challeneg in the arcades as, and I don't remeber it feeling like a real car, so I'm acting more on the assumption that a clutch pedal will fell similar to the accelerate and brake pedals on a wheel, like my DFP. The problem is, in a real car you feel the biting point, you don't just lift the clutch and get no feeling from it, or the same feeling from lifting it the first few centimeters as you do past the biting point. I suppose it could be done properly, but at what cost. I know you can just make it so that power is applied to the weels gradually through the clutch pedal, which would go a long way, but you still wouldn't feel the biting point.

I'm not against the idea, not at all, and I'd certainly be interested if they did it, but I can't see it being right with current technology without it being a bit on the expensive side.

At this rate, we might as well have a Dodge Ram with a bumper body kit that is similar-looking to stock ones, eccept that it is made out of iron and there are huke spikes jutting out of it. And let's add chainsaws. Why not?:sly:
YES, that was sarcasm

Haha then they could have Mad Max mode! 💡 If you run out of fuel, yur toast :D

what i really really want is that the split times be more detailed.
i'm not so interessed how far the firs car is in front of me,what also very important is that i know how far the car in front of me is,and how far the car behind of me is.
not only the time that the first car is ahead of me.

I Want:

-improved engine/ exhaust sounds
-functional lights
-better tuning options eg: options of different camshaft profiles, turbo cars must respond better to chip tuning because of the ability to raise boost.
-engine swops
-wheel size options
-customized gearbox ratios without the whining [ currently the gearbox emits a whining noise because gt4 offers only 'straight cut gears' for that option

As far as body styling goes, just over a minute into this video he mentions that body parts could be replaced in the future as all the cars are built by component parts.

I was just thinking that it would be a lot quicker to set-up a race for Arcade Mode if there was a favorites section like we got for cars. I get tired of flicking through all the tracks untill I get the one I want.

Drivetrain swaps. You could have a Honda Civic with the platform of the s2000. Like a very similar game on the XBox 360.

what i really really want is that the split times be more detailed.
i'm not so interessed how far the firs car is in front of me,what also very important is that i know how far the car in front of me is,and how far the car behind of me is.
not only the time that the first car is ahead of me.

or detailed lap times,gap times,pit info etc... on your PSP

Crash Damage would be nice, opportunity to change engines (engine swap) ability to paint your car, weather effects Rain, Snow etc. More Cars On The Track depending on which kind of race is going on (in rallye circuits you don't want to race against 10 cars)
Point To Point Races, Drag Races, All Formula Tracks and many more Real-World circuits
Luckily, there is already Cockpit camera. I Would Like to have Clutch too, like in GT Legends and GTR on PC.

The only thing i want them to do is make sure the AI is Beefed up........Drag Racing with full Dyno Tuning.....Cockpits For every car......Full Tuning....Engine Swaps (This Require Some Time in the game not just a swap and drop....the car will be inusable for sometime...) A Full List of Mechicanic Failure (From Blown Head to Bad Spark Plugs)....And A Buy Part from Dealer Or Used......As Real it Gets.....Junk Yard....And The E30 M3......They Neva Have that car which is So Stupid.....and just keep updating the game with Downloadable Cars.....I Dont Know Know if Any of you guys remember NFS: MOTOR CITY........i swear that was the best online Racing game.......They had it downpack with everything you could ever imagine.....from used fenders to Rare Engine Parts .....they need to have the online and offline game tight......Really I Just Want All Above and Supply and Demand Community.Thats my piece

If damage is included and the AI is good, some proper touring car racing, compelte with race modifications ala GT2 this would rule. Make the race entry rules something like, 270bhp or less, 2.0 petrol engine, max weight 1200kg or something. Would kick ass.

-Must be overextravagant

Hell No....and if they cannot allow any aero help whats the use for it

I Want:

-improved engine/ exhaust sounds
-functional lights
-better tuning options eg: options of different camshaft profiles, turbo cars must respond better to chip tuning because of the ability to raise boost.
-engine swops
-wheel size options
-customized gearbox ratios without the whining [ currently the gearbox emits a whining noise because gt4 offers only 'straight cut gears' for that option

They really need to improve the engine and exhaust sounds dramatically, Swaps is a must, They are losing in that department. Wheel size just as long it doesnt exceed 24" :). Lights is a must....

Latest Posts

Back