Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
I agree with slackbladder!i

Just look at this. Lovely Ferrari, perfect mountian, all spoilt by rubbish trees.

p45a.jpg

Also, I would like for when someone slides off the track, into a wall, the sand bags should move and crash barriers should get dents. There should also be skid marks on the track.

EDIT - oops, that's bigger than I thought.

That image features part of Eigar Norwander that you cannot access in GTHD which leads me to believe that there is more than one version, I hadn't noticed that before

What do you think about the idea of being able to operate the roof of a convertible as you are driving, like say you are doing a time attack with a car you have just tuned to your own spec, and you want to see how much having the roof down will effect your lap. you slow down to say a set speed for all cars, like you do to reverse in GT4, and then press something like the select button on your control and the roof goes down or vice-versa.

Wouldn't that be immense!

The reason why you don't see extremely real trees is because (as I've read) they can be hard to model. So rather than take a chance making trees that will slow down the game considerably, make the trees flat bitmaps. This even pertains to some of the little grassy weeds. Here's something for you. Did you know that "MotorStorm" has some little grassy weeds that are actually psuedo-3D sprites? Don't start getting the perception that because this is a next-gen console that every last aspect of a next-gen game should be next-gen.

Now on to what I want to discuss.

I've been fooling around with "Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2" all Summer as well as "D1 Grand Prix" for the PS2. There may already be a thread on this, but I think GT5 (and perhaps even GT5P) should have a driving model which allows for drifting. The current model will allow you to drift for a spell... until the back end swings out and disallows you having a sick drift, especially with RWD cars. TXRD2 and the D1GP game seem pretty arcadish to drift. Still, the fun of going sideways on asphalt is great fun. I'm more of an aggressive style of racer, and it even pertains to me looking to go sideways in tarmac rallies and in solo runs where I can sort of drive however I want to. I still enjoy drifting the ER34 Blitz Skyline in GT4, but I still feel the drifting experience in GT is a bit limited with the driving model. After being in a few Tsuiso battles (tandem battles) in D1GP, I thought of the possibilities of going sideways in GT5. People always refer to drifting as some "ricer" deal. That's not always true. The cars and personalities may portray a mostly lifestyle deal, but think about the Ridge Racer series. You sometimes need to attack the corners to corner effectively. I sometimes slide through corners.

In addition, this same model should also pertain to rally racing. Cars feel heavy in corners when I do rally racing. I'm not so sure the current model will mean better rallying in GT5. I'd just like to see a new model put into play that allows for better rallying. I always make the sort of parallel between drifting and rallying.

I thought it was pretty clear that drifting will be a part of GT5, since GTHD has it as a part of the package. And from what I´ve read about it, it seems to work pretty well. IE not the forced drifting we can do in GT4.

I'm not expecting blades of grass to be made from hundreds of polygons etc. I just feel that the wish to have a game play in 1080p@60fps will mean the graphics (specifically the environmental part of the game) may not be much better (or worse) than other games like NFS Pro Street or PGR4 that are coming soon. How many PS3 owners actually have a 1080p HDTV? Personally I'd rather GT5 wasn't used as a demo for the PS3's 1080p capability and simply was made to look as good as possible at 720p.
I am expecting the graphics on GT5 to improve. But at the moment I have nothing to go on except the great looking cars.

What annoyed me about GT4 was the fact that you couldn't save the replay from multiplayer mode. This always frustrated me, because i used the 2 player mode to compare drifting with my brother. And we would drift side-by-side, and when watching the replay it would look great. All I wanted to do was save that replay and then take pictures from it and move the video across and show it to friends.

so I would have to say it need to have a function where by you can save your replay in what ever mode, and then watch it on other devices. What are your thoughts?

I want good texture!

That asphault looks just like Gt4!
What ever happened to this!?:crazy:

Or atleast this, also from the older batch of screenshots.

No matter what though, Gt5 will be excellant..

I want good texture!

i just now realized how good the lighting is.

Dave A is right, it's not perfect but it's not like GT4 AT ALL.

Have you ever took a shot of a replay of GT4 with speed at 1/4000th and at ground level? THAT sucks. The new texture is much better. Not to mention it captures the light better, and is more natural colored.

customize the car, not only the engine, but the color and maybe add a sponsor to your car..
the turbos too, whats that about turbo1 turbo2 turbo3 and turbo4?? if youre gonna buy a turbo somewhere they wont say you, turbo1 or turbo2, sir?
crashing the cars, im not saying that i wanna see them broked, but it would be good that the wheels or brakes break, or parts of the engine that you wont see.
i hate the ailerons, sometimes i have to buy one because i need downforce, but i dont want so big ones, its frightful.
better AI.
and not so many same cars, i like the skyline, but there are so many skyline completely equal except for only a few details, there would be many more cars.
but anyway... if i write what i like about the game i could write so much more!

The texture looks fabulous on GT5:P at the moment, and if it is going to improve (whichI highly doubt as it is good enough as it is) will only make it even more real.

the turbos too, whats that about turbo1 turbo2 turbo3 and turbo4?? if youre gonna buy a turbo somewhere they wont say you, turbo1 or turbo2, sir?
Actually, many parts manufacturers offer products in differing "stages." Of course, different manufacturers have different ideas of what these stages mean, so you can't really use "stage x" as a blanket term.

At first, I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head, then it hit me after playing GT4 and GTHD...

NO MORE SHINY ROADS.

Sorry, but I've never seen a shiny road in real life. Not one that reflects the sunlight the way they do in GT3/4/HD. There may be some specularity to a road surface, but they need to tone it WAY down.

It occurred to me that it might have been a way to "cheat" having heat reflections on the road. And now that they can do that for real, there won't be a need for the old "shiny road surface" anymore.

I want good texture!

The lighting in those pictures are absolutely amazing. I would actually like to be able to change the colour of the car, PD could give us a colour palette or something so we can make some custom colours or paintjobs.

I would still like to see working reverse lights and a horn button. :lol:

I'd also like to see reflections take into account the other cars. As it is, when you drive past another car the reflections shown on yours are still those of the track scenery! This would not happen, the reflection would change to show the car you're passing and your car would be reflected in his!

Exactly, Mog. I already said that a couple of times but I guess only photomode addicts really care about that... :)

How can they have real time reflections of everything on the surroundings, except the cars it's racing with? That sucks big time.

And speaking again as a photomode addict, that would be like a whole new dimension in terms of photo opportunities and originality.

Well, at least we won't have to redraw all the car's panel lines ever again... :)

Exactly, Mog. I already said that a couple of times but I guess only photomode addicts really care about that... :)

How can they have real time reflections of everything on the surroundings, except the cars it's racing with? That sucks big time.

And speaking again as a photomode addict, that would be like a whole new dimension in terms of photo opportunities and originality.

Well, at least we won't have to redraw all the car's panel lines ever again... :)

I'm going to miss my cleanups. :( Oh well I'm sure I'll find something else that isn't quite perfect. :lol: I think Photomode would be great if it had a 'pro' mode that allowed you to add different filters to your lens and control aperture and shutter speed properly. A long exposure shot would work well at a night location for example but would cause a daytime track shot to come out bright and overexposed. But that may be taking it too far for some.

Well then, it should have (just like the AI has now), 2 modes - 'Photo for Dummies' and 'Photo for Brainies'. Well, sort of.
That would be awesome. Having all the photo tools a race photographer would have during a race. Including even more powerful zoom lenses, and the ability to pick the spot you want to be for taking a specific shot. Even a Zeppelin or whatever they're called, hovering above the track, seeing that, from what I've seen so far, everything is now rendered, including trucks and whatnot behind the pits, and not only what's visible during racing.

I hope they keep the used car shops in the game. And if so, they should include a shop to repaint the car PLEASE. I hate to wait for a certain used car to pop-up just to see that it comes with an ugly purple colour or something similar.

At least you should be able to repaint the car with another manufacturer colour.

Something that would be totally amazing is that you could visit (special) races.
Like in the finals of an official tournament you could walk around in the pits and watch from the sidelines, just like you would do in real life.
There would also be a live 'replay' option, so that you see more than just 1 spot :)

And the racers would also be able to see the persons watching the race, but that isn't needed. Hell, even the different people who are watching the race don't even have to see each other, only the standard crowds that are already present.

I know this is all a bit far fetched and won't be in the game for 100%, but it would still be extremely cool if it did.

repaints, a more detailed performance upgrade system, and the option of adding racing details to the car as in GT2. Furthermore, they should include proper point-to-point races across a certain region, like paris to monte carlo :D but thats a tall order. what would be interesting is if they included a track specifically for testing top speed, as the test course in GT4 was difficult wen testing extremely fast cars, such as the TVR speed 12 which can nudge 300mph at its fastest. a straight road in the desert, taken from a country like the United Arab Emerates, in which you can precisely measure top speed. Engine Transplants would be a dream come true...a good idea also would be car shows, in which you can enter your classic cars, something like the concours d'elegance......God i hope this game comes out on PS2 or PC.

a good idea also would be car shows, in which you can enter your classic cars, something like the concours d'elegance

That would be awesome, and even better if it was against users across the internet in a per class (i.e. 1960-1970 American Muscle. 2000+ supercars) and other voters pick which wins. make it weekley and for cash and a bonus trophy.

a trophy cabinet; just showing what events you've beat; every event has a trophy. just a cooler way to show what you've beaten (game progress shown in a meter next to it)

I thought I'd put in my next pair of suggestions via a conversation I was having w/ERacer in a GTPLMS Race thread a couple of days ago.
OBTW, did any of the drivers in the GT1 and/or PRO classes feel like their cars were like going around the track like a pinball in a pinball machine with all the near bumping off of the cars and walls like I did? Even T-boned a McLaren F1 by surprise as I was zooming - @ 40-something MPH - through the corner near pit entrance at about Lap 6 in GT2.:grumpy:
Yes! Same thing happened to me in GT1. The McLaren had apparently crashed into the wall before the pits and was doing the reverse-stop-forward-stop-reverse thing and, like you described, my Ford T-boned the McLaren on lap 6. Made me slow down on lap 12 & 18 at that turn more than I normally would, but never saw him again.
Going OT: I know what I'm about to say should be in a GT5 thread, but what happend to me and ERacer this round had me thinking of something. I was thinking for GT5 they should have 'track marshalls(corner workers, if you will)' stationed at the turns and wave a yellow flag warning racers of trouble ahead on the track. Sort of like what they do at the races in real-life. Any of you think this would be a good idea?
And as it turns out, I'm seconding one of the suggestions made by j8mie in another post in regards to having turn marshalls.:D Also, having a AI that would do it's best not to accidently clobber you or vice-versa when you and/or it has problems on track wouldn't be a bad idea as well.;)👍

i want to see the affects of buying the weight reduction parts. if i buy my car a rollcage, i want to see it, if they take interior parts out, i want to see them missing. i also would like to see body color spoilers, it doesn't look good when you have an orange car and put a bright white spoiler on it. caution, black, red, and green flags would be a nice addition.

Sorry if some of these sudgestions have already been brought up, but I would really like to see them in the new game.

Car Modifications
-Aero Kits (Veilside, C-West, Ings+1, etc.)
-Front Spoilers (canards)
-Carbon Body Panels (Hoods, doors, spoilers, etc.)
-Manufacture decals
-Engine Swaps
-Change wheel dimensions (offset and staggered set-up)

Visible issues
-Track Damage (if you slam into the tire wall, the tires fall and go everywhere, skid marks in grass)
-Skid Marks
-Visible Modifications (If I install a HKS Exhaust it should look and sound like one)
-A more in dept view of my car. (Like a show-off mode, be able to navigate through the car, same as in Visible Mods, see under the hood of the car)
-Better Blow Off Valve sound
-Better tire smoke (if my car has 500hp I should be able to show it by smoking my tires)

In Race experience
-Weather changes (be able to choose, random, or according to weather forecast via internet connection.)
-Time of day changes (be able to set, or according to internal clock like madden)
-Custom Music Playlist from playstation hard drive
-Mechanical failure (like overheating, transmission failure, flat tires)
-Windshield Wipers (toggle like L3 or R3)
-Hazard Lights (toggle)

Other game features
-3D (walk-in garage)
-Create a Gymkhana event (create your cone layout)
-Drag Race mode (not just a ¼ mile test course)
-Drift Race mode
-Tsuiso battles
-Dyno tuning

Back