Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
How did the videos sound bad? The only thing I see is the sound comes later than it supposed to, because of the camcorder. :)

How did the videos sound bad? The only thing I see is the sound comes later than it supposed to, because of the camcorder. :)

My PC has surround sound most everything that I have heard on "YOU TUBE" doesn't sound very good, I just download the two GT demo trailers on my PS3 which also has surround sound and the picture and sound was amazingly better than anything I've seen on my PC. It's like the differance between "black & white" and "color" TV.
That being said your video was not bad.

I will be very disappointed if GT5 don't have cockpit views. Just listen to that Mines Skyline.

sure thatll sound good, but if they dont fix the sound ill get into a vette or camaro and it will sound like they were driven by hamster wheels.

Everything looks very good, but I still didn't notice real tire smoke or tire marks on the road like it should be in real life! In all GT games it was pretty much the only thing that made the their games unrealistic! :grumpy: Can someone explain why? These things really play a huge role in racing detail, and are very important to have. Other racing games do this with ease, so why can't GT be the same?

I also hope they'll have more modifications to the cars!

Not sure if any of this has been posted. If it has, I apologize. If it hasn't, I'm willing to bet I'll get some flak for it, but here goes.

I wish cars either came manual or automatic. No choice in the options list based on your preference. You buy new cars in MT or AT, you buy used cars in MT or AT, and prize cars are what they are.

If you prefer AT, then when you start out, go into the Used Car showroom and find an AT car. Maybe there will be an AT Miata or Civic or base-model Skyline or something there. There, you have your AT car.

If you prefer MT, same thing. Find a car that's MT. If you don't find the car you want in MT, buy the AT one and deal with it.

If you want to change your mind later and go MT, well, that's what the Close, Super-Close and Full Race transmissions are for. Then you MUST buy a clutch, flywheel, etc. for it. If you (for some strange reason) want to go back to AT, your original transmission is still available, and can be swapped back in for a fee. Or, even better, you can build your AT too... stronger clutch packs, shift kit, high-stall TC, etc.

On top of all this, the cars must drive like either an MT or AT. I can think currently of 3 cars in GT4 off the top of my head that came with AT (or CVT) and actually DROVE appropriately: the Jaguar S-Type-R, the Honda Fit CVT, and the Prius CVT. The Jaguar actually shifts like an AT, and the CVTs actually stay at one RPM like they're supposed to. Cars like the Chrysler 300C or the Buick Grand National are AT in real life (no MTs) but they still drive like MT's with clutch engagement and delays between shifts.

If the car is an AT, it should drive like an AT. There should never be any clutching or throttle closing between shifts. Aaaand, if you're driving like a grandma, the car should shift like a grandma. Take off with 1/4 throttle and the transmission should shift at 3k.

And here's where I'm gonna lose a lot of people, but full out race cars (JGTC, F1, ALMS, what have you) are stick. Tough cookies. Learn it. It's part of being a skillful driver.

Those are just my thoughts, they're at your guys' disposal.

If you have an automatic shifting like real life, that would make it difficult to use throttle control, also make it harder to tune your car to run faster lap times.

I want a spotter, criewcheif, or a announcer.

I also want the ability to remove all on screen icons from the screen. I want a complete virtual experience. I want to keep track of my fuel by the fuel guage. I want to keep track of my tires by how the grip feels

Everything looks very good, but I still didn't notice real tire smoke or tire marks on the road like it should be in real life! In all GT games it was pretty much the only thing that made the their games unrealistic! :grumpy: Can someone explain why? These things really play a huge role in racing detail, and are very important to have. Other racing games do this with ease, so why can't GT be the same?

I also hope they'll have more modifications to the cars!

^^^ So can someone answer to the above mystery? Why is it that way that newer GT games do not have this improved?

How should we know? It might be easy, but it's not quite a priority. I bet it will eventually be added

If you have an automatic shifting like real life, that would make it difficult to use throttle control, also make it harder to tune your car to run faster lap times.

I don't disagree. We want it to be real right? :)

But if you're good enough, you could "left-foot-brake" it with the brake and gas buttons and keep the transmission in the lower gear for coming out of the corner.

You could also power-brake at the line, and if the car's turbo, have it boosted already and have an advantage off the line.

You also have the ability to hold AT's down gears using the gear selector. Some AT cars have overdrive on/off buttons, or you just pop it back a notch to force the auto to shift down a gear or three.

The other thing I'd want to see with 'realistic' autos and manuals is realistic engine braking...

I still say that this game needs grid-girls a lá F1 and Super2000-class.. :D and feature a movie studio where you could create your own mini-movies about cars..

I'd like to see the following:

Option to choose large/full grid sizes and the subsequent qualifying process that this would require.

Bring back ability to perform full race customisation on any car in your garage as we had in GT1.

All the circuits that the GT games have had, ever.

More open wheeled cars - historic F1 cars for example.

Online multiplayer - up to 32 players would be great.

Integration with Gran Turismo Portable (if it ever surfaces).

Option for damage.

Option for mechanical failure.

Add fuel strategy for endurance races.

Tidier and speedier interface. GT4 was riddled with clumsy menu options with dozens of tiresome "yes/no/ok/cancel/are you sure/would you like fries with that" prompts strewn all over the place, with endless and pointless progress bars with every single item you fitted to your car. Earlier GT games were much better in this respect.

Nice simple design interface to build your own custom car - we are not pro designers so some sort of system with dozens of templates for chassis, suspension, body panels, interior, engine configs, transmissions, brakes, wheels, paint, etc, etc would be fine.

Oh, and by the way, first post - so HI to all.

I found this place after coming across the cheap cockpits thread whilst looking into getting a decent multi-format wheel. I'll post back when I have the wheel. I'm also planning to knock up a simple cockpit which will be based around my current gaming chair which I got from Ikea a few years back.

68417_PE182555_S4.jpg

Doesn't stop people from buying sporty cars with automatic transmissions in real life (though for the life of me I have no clue why).

If you're too lazy to press two buttons and pay attention to your RPM, I'd say the drawbacks of an automatic are fair punishment.

1- Day/Night
2- Tours. so like if u are in europe and racing on a european track it should take say 3hrs to get to a track. So if the game has a clock, for example it could be 8 am and once you "drive" to nurburgring, 3 hours would of have passed. this should determine what time of day it is.
3- Time of day dependant races - Like have certian events can only take place at night, while others must take place during the day, etc.
4- Transport costs - if you are going to an event on the continent that you are currently at, you must pay a fee to get to each race (100cr) and if you must go over water (eg from europe to america to go to laguna seca) pay 1000cr. this should be a charge per car, so you learn to choose cars wisely and learn to "look after" your car if u crash or something. also you should have a "garage" that is at driver park. this could be in japan and this is where your cars are delivered that you win or buy, and you can choose what cars to take with you on each "tour". you could take one, 2, 3, 4, or all of your cars or whatever, depending how much you want to spend. if you want to have another car with you, you can but will cost xtra if already on tour. say 500cr penalty.

3- another idea (wont be popular) Making your virtual cars virtually carbon neutral as an option, so you "grow digital trees" if you pay a bit xtra when you buy your car, but you get rewarded with free maitnence, engine repair, fuel, tyres etc for say 5000km. (dont include damage)

4- (really out there) car warranties lol so ur pos daewoo falls apart like real like within 100000km or a year, you get it fixed for free lol

5- Active weather

Doesn't stop people from buying sporty cars with automatic transmissions in real life (though for the life of me I have no clue why).

If you're too lazy to press two buttons and pay attention to your RPM, I'd say the drawbacks of an automatic are fair punishment.

Yes autos should have gear selectors like autos, unless they have a sequential function in real life. so shift up down has P R D 3 2 1 like most autos.

I hope they can make the cars sound as good as it did in GT2, a 9 year old game that is still fun. đź‘Ť

Man the BOV sounds like someone going shhhh! i think that noise should shhhh! but i was disappointed in gt4 that u cant hear bov in outside car viws other than roofcam. that isnt realistic, especially in cars with big turbos and bovs. also superchargers should have that whistle sound like they do in real life.

I hate stereotypes like that. I happen to love Fiat 500s, Diahatsu Midgets, Honda Beats, Ford Model Ts, Nissan Micras, Mini Coopers, and others. How would getting rid of them make the game any better? Think of the 1 lap magic races. I love those, yet they would not exist had there been no underpowered cars. Please, speak for yourself. Other people may like things that you don't.

Yer exactly. so fun trying to get a midget/beetle/f500/lol benz motorwagen up the big hill in cita di aria or whatever its called lol benz car goes faster backwards! lol

Man the BOV sounds like someone going shhhh! i think that noise should shhhh! but i was disappointed in gt4 that u cant hear bov in outside car viws other than roofcam. that isnt realistic, especially in cars with big turbos and bovs. also superchargers should have that whistle sound like they do in real life.

True! Bring that back! Blow Off Valve sound is one of the biggest things you want to hear when your car is tuned! I did hate what they did with it in GT3 and GT4.

Send stats over the wire

In the same vein as force feedback, allow a device to read stats during gameplay, e.g. current RPM, speed, etc. This would allow for a wheel-mounted RPM gauge, for example, something cheap like a set of LEDs, reminiscent of an F1 wheel. From the pic I've seen of the onboard interior camera view, we'll lose the standard gauges for the "bar" tach in the bottom right, which makes something like this even more desirable.

If someone wanted to, they could go nuts and create a full gauge cluster.

tach_f1.jpg

User-created content

Let creative people create their own maps/tracks. Release some tools.

Kdraper, that kinda stuff is already available for pc sims like Live For Speed and rfactor... its possible gt5 could do something like that but unlikely.
----------
has this already been suggested?
it would be cool if we got a chance to do a burn out to warm up our tires on the drag strip. it souldnt be hard to impliment. it would just add a bit more realism to the game. like maybe one guy would be so confidant in his car's speed that he wouldnt bother warming his tires up. psychological warfare :P.

I have an idea for a video, and unfortunately can't do it in GT4. However, to do it in the future, I would love to be able to set a camera position on the track, and go back to it whenever I want to record or take photos. I also want to be able to go forward and back in time, frame by frame, when I take pictures.

i tell you all what i want. No more corny sounding "sega daytona/arcade esque" menu music. PD need to hire the ppl that did the GT1 music me thinks. because the gt1 menu music was killer. also i would like the ability to play your own tunes from your PS3's HD. Also, replays should be able to be saved as mpg or similar files for distribution, with varying quality settings. the tyre screech noise must also be updated to actually sound like a car's tyres losing traction lol

i tell you all what i want. No more corny sounding "sega daytona/arcade esque" menu music. PD need to hire the ppl that did the GT1 music me thinks. because the gt1 menu music was killer. also i would like the ability to play your own tunes from your PS3's HD. Also, replays should be able to be saved as mpg or similar files for distribution, with varying quality settings. the tyre screech noise must also be updated to actually sound like a car's tyres losing traction lol

Yeah, that menu music was undoubtedly the best in the series. I'd like to see GT5 with day/night cycles with weathering effects. Also, an option which lets you put decals on road cars as long as they are within reason. Not something stupid like Nismo on an Aston Martin DB9. :yuck:

so, you guys want early 90's disco-music in a game that's from 2007/2008? rriiight.. then why not Michael Jacksons Thriller? or Saturday night fever? Or New Kids on the Block?

Back