Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Hi It's me again. I just thought of something I don't know if someone else thought of it yet or not but, I thought it would be cool to pick what your charecter looks like.
Like there sex, hair color, eye color, out fits, skin color, everything.
I think that would just be plan awesome.

Laters,
Samantha
Verry good idea.👍

I've got a few ideas as well

1. More diversified Tuners for American and German cars, not just Japanese (Lingenfelter, Hennessy, Brabus, Dinan, AC Schnitzer, Rinspeed, Oettinger, etc)
2. Differentiated engine noises, pronounced blow-off valves for turbo cars and supercharger whines, sporty sounding exhausts
3. At least get more creative with the license tests (I know I'm not the only one that's tired of the Viper at Laguna Seca)
4. Used car showroom that updates often
5. Make it a top 20 list for max speed, 0-1000m and 0-400m

I think people should complain about the licenses more. I don't get anything from it at all, the tests are so practical, I might has well have just practiced in time trial mode for a while.

The licenses need to actually be regimented, more like a true curriculum ( i don't know what the hell the description is talking about at the bottom of the screen:rolleyes: ). There should be a whole section of say, 15 tests, on just u-turns and j-turns for example. I think one license alone should have something like 30 tests (:dopey: ) There should be a whole license composed of bizarre coffee break type tests, except the goal isn't to knock over cones.

There definetly needs to be some kind of testing system which teaches systematically, again, like an actual curriculum, how to tune your car. There should be pieces of road designed exclusively for the test, which would be very text book (i.e. circle tracks with varying radii).

The super license needs to be harder (beating an s-16 by 16 seconds is ridiculous), something which players online can use to immediately identify another insanely good driver (aswell as stats)

AI is less of a worry because of online play, I suppose. Maybe thats why the AI sucked so bad in GT4, since the online mode was in the cards.

and there should be some kind of Driving Playground, except its not crap like whatever GT4 tried to do with the Driving Park. It wouldn't be a closed circuit, it'd have slaloms, some tighter, some longer and faster, as well as undulating. I think this is exactly what they had in mind with the Complex String in GT3, man do they ever need to bring that track back....:guilty:

What about having say 6 or maybe a dozen differnt car models to choose from for each license test. The makes and models could be differnt but the cars would be chosen to be as similar as possible in performance. Just something to make it more interesting. Or perhaps just have a bunch of skills test similar to the license test and or mission test except you get to choose a car that meets the entry restrictions. Then if they really want to allow the game players have creative fun. Let them be able to make their own missions with a mission editor, imagine being able to use any track or portion of track or license test. Perhaps even make several missions and group them together, share missions with the Global GT community. Basically even with just the cars and tracks that GT4 has you should be able to make an open ended game that has pleanty for everyone and nearly endless in playablity.

hmm, i don't think getting to choose between cars is a good idea. No matter how close the cars are in performance, they will vary no matter what, I think it's a little sloppy. Plus there'd have to be a demonstration for each car:indiff:

I'd suggest the complete opposite if i may be so bold, I think they should have only one car for a whole license so players can eventually get over having getting used to the car and focus on the principal the test is trying to teach. They should at least have 1 car for every grouping of license tests (the same car for all the u-turn tests in a license, but maybe change the settings or the tires of the car for every test). This would be especially necessary for a regimented license program.

The mission editor sounds good, I was thinking about that too. But if you want to create your own license test they'd have to make a whole new editor which would allow you to make your own track design, which means they have to allow you to make an entire course, which we won't see by gt5. Since one thing leads to another, they'd probably have to give all or nothing.

(Whoa, long thread! This is my first post. I've learned a lot from reading these boards, so thanks to everyone. All the suggestions here about damage and better physics and more tuning etc etc are all great -- agreement all around on that)

I'd like to see player rewards tied to A-spec points. The game should have something extra for people who enter competitive cars -- sure, you can walk the Sunday Cup in an LM car, but so what?

The mechanism could work something like this: If your car is leagues better than the field, fine, you can win and get your money, but no prize car.

If your car is within the range of the field, THEN you are eligible for the prize car.

If your car is remarkably WORSE than the field, there could be an EXTRA prize car in it for you -- much like the license tests. PD could put all the crazy special cars and historical curios here.

The real excitement of the game comes from competitive races and a system like this would keep things exciting -- heck, you could even make it so you have to win a race a few times, at high A-spec point values, with different cars, before a certain prize car comes to you. An A-spec system should give you a real in-game reward and not just bragging rights on the internet!

In order to make this work, two things would have to happen:

1. Fix A-spec points! no Dodge Hemi problem, basically. Each car and each upgrade would have to be carefully considered and have a reasonable and believable number put on them. And the field would have to make sense, too -- there are several instances where you are told it's a 1-pointer but then a particular car in the field just cruises away from you.

2. Show us the numbers! The game obviously does SOMETHING to come up with the A-spec number, so let's see it. You should be able so see the "performance rating" of each car, stock. And when you're upgrading, you should be able to see what each part will add to that rating. You should be able to see the the ratings of the cars for a race series before you enter, so you know what you're getting into -- you can tune your car appropriately w/o entering the race a bunch of times to test it.

this is all kind of a pipe dream at this point, but whatever, I think it'd be great.

First off, Welcome to GTP!!!

I like your ideas, Especially the one with the under HP/Quality car winning races against better cars for a superior prize, No prize for using to much car, Those are great ideas! 👍

1. Custom soundtrack. I wanna listen to Queen while I drive in Monza.

2. Purchaseable/ manageable Pit Crew Team. Buy, train, promote, lead to better and faster pitting time.

3. Online. Duh.

4. NOT BODYKIT, but the racing mod ala GT2..

3y79fh2.jpg

from zero

2zi54s3.jpg

to hero!

5. a GOOD online matchmaker, so the vets can play with the vets and the boys can stroll around in their Trueno 86 among themselves.

gff
(Whoa, long thread! This is my first post. I've learned a lot from reading these boards, so thanks to everyone. All the suggestions here about damage and better physics and more tuning etc etc are all great -- agreement all around on that)

I'd like to see player rewards tied to A-spec points. The game should have something extra for people who enter competitive cars -- sure, you can walk the Sunday Cup in an LM car, but so what?

The mechanism could work something like this: If your car is leagues better than the field, fine, you can win and get your money, but no prize car.

If your car is within the range of the field, THEN you are eligible for the prize car.

If your car is remarkably WORSE than the field, there could be an EXTRA prize car in it for you -- much like the license tests. PD could put all the crazy special cars and historical curios here.

The real excitement of the game comes from competitive races and a system like this would keep things exciting -- heck, you could even make it so you have to win a race a few times, at high A-spec point values, with different cars, before a certain prize car comes to you. An A-spec system should give you a real in-game reward and not just bragging rights on the internet!

In order to make this work, two things would have to happen:

1. Fix A-spec points! no Dodge Hemi problem, basically. Each car and each upgrade would have to be carefully considered and have a reasonable and believable number put on them. And the field would have to make sense, too -- there are several instances where you are told it's a 1-pointer but then a particular car in the field just cruises away from you.

2. Show us the numbers! The game obviously does SOMETHING to come up with the A-spec number, so let's see it. You should be able so see the "performance rating" of each car, stock. And when you're upgrading, you should be able to see what each part will add to that rating. You should be able to see the the ratings of the cars for a race series before you enter, so you know what you're getting into -- you can tune your car appropriately w/o entering the race a bunch of times to test it.

this is all kind of a pipe dream at this point, but whatever, I think it'd be great.

Impressive first post, a refreshing look at how A-spec points should work. I particularly like the idea about the special/concept/historical cars as bonus cars for winning a race with high a-spec points.

I also would like to see the car rating system aswell, I have always been curious how the game works it out.

good post +rep

Originally Posted by snipersnake:
4. NOT BODYKIT, but the racing mod ala GT2..

What exactly is the problem with having body kits? Having the racing mods like in GT2 means that everyones car would look the same, as it did in GT2. What you should be saying is have FUNCTIONAL bodykits, ones where you can choose what parts you want and what you dont want, and also maybe have a few different styles of each part to make your vehicle even more unique.

Originally Posted by snipersnake:

What exactly is the problem with having body kits? Having the racing mods like in GT2 means that everyones car would look the same, as it did in GT2. What you should be saying is have FUNCTIONAL bodykits, ones where you can choose what parts you want and what you dont want, and also maybe have a few different styles of each part to make your vehicle even more unique.

Agreed. Not everyone wants there cars to look alike. Many people want to build their own personal race car.

Stevisiov90
alright calm down son.
Relax, I actually wasn't angry, just annoyed. My posts are always totally ignored and I thought I had at least one really good idea (Driving Playground). I was actually hoping for some feedback.

-PD should also allow players to demand participants of their championships, an entrance fee so that the winner gets the jackpot. The championship creator should be able to decide on the car requirements and even force the participant to choose from pre-customized cars the creator created.

i used to be against having damage, but after playing forza 2 and seeing how advanced they were in making it look realistic damage really does make the game that much more real and fun to play. I think it would be a big mistake to not have damage at least as an option in Gran Turismo 5. And Iv already said paint and exterior modifications. I dont want to spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of thousands of dollars on a car and it look the exact freaking same as it did before....even the muffler is the same little noodle that it was before i put a stage 4 turbo charger on the car. What would be nice as well as a "Make Your Own Race Track" option, where you can make creative (but realistic) race tracks and be able to have people online race you at your track. That would eventually lead to more complex online play as far as online tournaments go.

1. Custom soundtrack. I wanna listen to Queen while I drive in Monza.
And I'd love to listen to Chris Cornell on any circuit. Doesn't matter if it's Soundgarden, Audioslave or his solo stuff (although his first album sucked), I want to hear the plutonium-lunged gunge God as I take on the competition.

If we are going to have "damage" on cars I want to see "safer barriers" in corners and maybe some "COT" = "Cars of Tomorrow" as in NASCAR. at least my car will not be completly destroyed if I bump the wall. I woul also like to be able to tune my ECU and Turbo.

If we are going to have "damage" on cars I want to see "safer barriers" in corners and maybe some "COT" = "Cars of Tomorrow" as in NASCAR. at least my car will not be completly destroyed if I bump the wall. I woul also like to be able to tune my ECU and Turbo.

very much so. i would enjoy seeing a tony stewart car all banged up.

Some sort of editor that lets you decide where the camera will be while your racing. In other words, instead of there being just 4 views like Kaz said, why not let the player customize it.

Is it really so hard???:odd:

someone said something about making performanced inspired engine sounds that come. i REALLY hope they do that, and i would like to add that i was dissapointed in the sound of the muscle cars. It was very quiet, unrealistic, and sounded more like blowing air than a muscle car engine. and about the music, please pick some better songs to listen to other than "oh yeah" by yalo, what the heck are they thinking??? the menu music i enjoyed though.

Some sort of editor that lets you decide where the camera will be while your racing. In other words, instead of there being just 4 views like Kaz said, why not let the player customize it.

Is it really so hard???:odd:

yeah, i would like to have the way forza 2 does it and just about any other automotive game has it where you can circle the camera around the car to see who is at your blind spots. oh and i saw an in-car screen shot for gt5 on this site.

i dont know if anyone mentioned it , but i would love for a come back for a photo editor and as well a new movie editor. Have new features like blurr effects and different filters and free moving camera angles for the movie editor.it would be nice when making a custom video it would be cool to add your own music. It would be awesome to save pics and videos that you made and edited to your PS3 hardrive... which i know thats the place it will be saved, but there should be an option for videos to save them as full... so that you can view the videos and the photos using the PS3 menu and not running the game disc. would be much easier this way for everyone to save the video files to the memory stick too, just like the pics. so it could be uploaded to the PC much easier and then onto youtube or google or anyother website :)

An excellant idea! I have thought of a movie editor in the past and mentioned it but no one seemed to care. Hopefully you can have your own profile of sorts in Gt5 so that once you get recognized more people will care you see your photos and movies.

Fat chance though,I think we can expect an improved Photomode, which'll still be great.

It'd be cool if they let you customize where the camera is too during your driving..

If (and im hoping they do) have online, then you could upload pictures (and movies if they have the movie maker) onto some sort of album that you could have in your online profile and share with other GT players.

Back