Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
If damage is included and the AI is good, some proper touring car racing, compelte with race modifications ala GT2 this would rule. Make the race entry rules something like, 270bhp or less, 2.0 petrol engine, max weight 1200kg or something. Would kick ass.
Agreed. :sly:đź‘Ť I wouldn't mind seeing a few Touring Car race series in GT5 myself.

A: Weather identical to that of your area. (e.g it is raining in your city, so it will rain in your races).

B: Effects in weathering. In Rain you could splash in puddles, in mud you could get dirty and in endurance races like Le Mans you car will be covered in dust. This would make the Car wash loads more useful.

A: Weather identical to that of your area. (e.g it is raining in your city, so it will rain in your races).
This would actually be somewhat easy to implement, assuming PD actually includes various weather conditions in the game. The PS3 could background-download METAR from the internet, and use the geographical locations of the tracks to determine the appropriate weather.

I would like to see wiki based track engineer "robot". Basicly you tell him what corner ,gear etc. you have difficulty of driving and then virtual engineer suggests some changes to setup. Players could create their own virtual engineers and share them with orhers. This system would help racing for novices before they go full into tuning a setup them self. Factors might be: Track, corner,type of car, gear and wheather conditions.
What do you guys think?

Thank you for your highly productive and enlightening response, nest time post somthing useful i would recommend you don't post at all.

In response to your question Raitziger; it sounds like a great idea, but i have no idea how PD would go about implamenting it. It would be easier to have a setup-tutorial to teach inexperienced drivers.

You're SO welcome...

Well, actually I don't post - but if I read wishes like this one, I just could blow myself up.

So, why is it crap?
You don't program stuff like this in 10 minutes, it needs time to write this and probably even more time to balance it.

When do you guys want GT5 to come out? 2020???

Before PD should care about fantastic ideas like this, they should make GT5 the REAL "real driving simulator".... physics and damage - that's the major points, GT have to improve....

I drive GT Legends and GTR².....if i play GT4, I just want to laugh ( and cry ) about it's subline - real driving simulator.

Just my 2 cents....

So, why is it crap?
You don't program stuff like this in 10 minutes, it needs time to write this and probably even more time to balance it.

I said it would be wiki based like wikipedia. Is not supposed to be ever "ready" and PD won't have to do a thing.
Of course wiki based track or car tutorials would be nice also.

You called? :P

I'd rather prefer to have the same weather as on that track. It rains on the 'Ring? I want to see it on the webcam and in GT5.
Heh.

Actually, weather based on the track's location was what I was suggesting. ;)

How about more use of STREET CARS? We use so many race cars!

Now, I've thought for the past 3 games in the series, that it looks kinda silly having street cars on 'race' courses. Street cars running through Seattle, or NYC, perhaps Japan seems plausible. To me it takes some sense of realism away from the game. So, I typically run race modded machines on race courses, and vice-versa.

Anyway, my suggestion...more street/city courses!

Now, I've thought for the past 3 games in the series, that it looks kinda silly having street cars on 'race' courses.
I agree completely. In my dream post about a hypothetical Career Mode, most of these races involved tuner/race modded sports cars, and with a few decals here and there along with a number/sponsor badge, and maybe even some racing paint up.

I'm hopeful that Kaz and the lads take GT5 in a little more serious direction this time and offer street courses or special basic tracks like Tsukuba for your average civilian sports car race, and then when we get to the serious stuff like you'd have in the American SCCA or British Britcar series, the field is stocked with appropriate race cars.

a ton of photomode travel locations
+1 đź‘Ť

I'd rather prefer to have the same weather as on that track. It rains on the 'Ring? I want to see it on the webcam and in GT5.
That would be need, indeed.

* GT5 getting weather updates through weather websites. If it rains in, let's say London, we also have rain on GT5's London track.

* Live track technology: the track characteristics change during the race (grip due to rubber (and rubber pieces)) deposite on the track and

* MOTEC analysis software: GT5 should use the same software as the real racing teams.

As an artist, I can only say this... a vynil editor of some sorts so i could make my dream car in terms of look :D

But then again, I'd rather have clean cars than all of them overloaded with stupid things on them... this is GT afterall ;)

^ So... you want a vinyl editor, but you don't?? ;)

As for weather, I'm not sure we're going to see rain anytime soon. The rain in Formula 1 was amazing, but it depends on how many resources Kaz and the lads would have to devote to it. If racing suffers, you can count on drizzle at best. Pako mentioned vinyls possibly affecting gameplay, but that's nothing compared to calculating the physics of thousands of raindrops and behavior of road moisture. I'll be happy just to see a night time race with proper headlights.

how about the abiltity to drive to different manufacture and race event, Like Test Drive Unlimited. Also, renting cars would be cool.

Well, I don't have alot of things I would like to see other then more cars for GT5, but the few I do have or wouldn't mind seeing would be:

Livery Editor: Being a artist, I enjoy being able to create something of my own. I've had alot of fun playing with Liveries and team colors on my Nascar games and wouldn't seeing it on GT.

Rain for every track: I have really gotten a kick of racing in the rain in most of my racing games, but its always been only on certain courses. I would love to be able to drive any track in the wet. Picture this: Your driving the Nissan R92CP around the Infield roadcourse, Going flat through the Kink and then downshifting into 2nd and sqeezing on the power out of the corner. Then You come across the left hander that leads back on the banking as you downshift to second and then sqeeze the power and up on the banking you go gaining speed. I hope I can looks at my mirrors and look at the rooster tails coming off the rear:)

Real Time Telemetry: I always imagined that B-spec would look great with this feature. You wouldn't just be looking at your car or the other cars, but you could also see Fastest laps, Chassis/engine, Qualifying Position, and overall classification, all scrolling across the top of your screen like live races do.

flat-beat-eric
I know Gt is supposed to be more of a driving simulator than a racing game But I would love to have more Touring cars.

I do too, but this is about what you want Besides cars.

I want proper peak power readings. I have noticed that in GT4 when you modify the engine the peak power reading stays at the same RPM. Take the GNX for example, it starts out with peak power around 4400 rpm, then put on stage 4 turbo and you can tell by the dyno graph it's now making it at around 5700-5800 rpm, yet in the garage it still says it's making power at 4400 rpm. I hope they fix that for GT5.

I dunno if this has been said before, but I'd want a (aftermarket obviously) fully adjustable launch control system for turbocharged cars, which would limit boost pressure in whatever gears you choose to whatever amount of psi you choose for easy, wheelspin-less take offs. :)

Fading brakes, if the original brakes haven't been upgraded.

An exhaust note that changes. Warm exhaust equals huffs and puffs, and maybe a littlebit of flame..

Adjustment of the air\fuel mixture.

Engines that can break down... How cool would that be after 23 hours of driving the green hell.. (der grüne hölle, Nürburgring)

Letting me decide what tire\rim size I want.

Weightspecs on wheels. A lighter rim\tire equals less dynamic weight.

A new ideal for an online optionWhat if the race creater could chose predetermined cars that players could use for a race. Meaning say 16 cars are preselected and then say 1st come 1st serve gets to pick their car out of the 16. Another option might be if there are cars with differnt power ratios, those with less skills could choose cars with better power to weight ratios. The benifit of this is restricting cars to predetermined classes and power to get better races. I have post scattered about that talks on this subject. I really hope they give us a ton of options with online mode.

Part II : I would like to see mini tournament abilities. Simple single elimination mode where (16) races each with 16 players can compete virtually at the same time give or take say 15 minuets over all per round. Then the winners of each race advance to the final round. By a relative simple feature as this up to 256 players can basically compete at the same time. For instance the 1st heat can be say 15 laps and the final heat could be maybe 25 or 30 laps or more.

Apologies for re-posting things I'm sure you've already posted here (I've just poked around, 100+ pages is a bit to read) but my wishlist would be:

- Damage: I'd love to be held accountable for what I did to my cars. Preferably everything from total writeoffs to partial damage that affects handling, maybe even go so far as normal wear and tear. If I screw up I want to be slowed down, booted from the race, and required to repair the car if I want to keep using it.

- Time of Day & Weather: Time of day interests me a lot more then temperature or weather but all would be nice. I can't imagine what it'd be like to drive the ring by your headlights, it would be nice to find out. When just running laps it would be neat if it based itself on your current local time. (but obviously would be overridable)

- Mid-race Saves: Saw this idea earlier and it's great. Running a PS3 for days to complete an endurance race is less than ideal, they're loud and hot and probably chew up a lot of power.

- Better sound would be nice. I've found it a little bit lacking in GT4 (is that what an M3 really sounds like!? :() but I don't really play any other racing games and I sure as hell don't know what most of the cars I drive sound like in real life, so I'm glad to see it's a common complaint and I'm not just crazy.

Then what I expect will be GT5's crowning glory, online play:

- Ability to form teams. (i.e. clans)

- Elaborate individual and team based leaderboards, seasons, series, whatever. All-time stats and some kind of season stats would be cool. Incentive to "progress" makes any game that much more enjoyable and now that we're playing online for the world to see it's just that much more enticing.

- Ability to host private races and series (naturally). So many options here and they really just have to pick the right subset to give us enough flexibility to really have some fun for years to come.

- Severe online penalties for foolish racing. Damage would be a good one provided it wasn't possible for idiots to enter cheap cars in races just to mess up other drivers. Lots of ways PD could mitigate this ($ limited, experince limited, reputaton limited) and it should all be backed by a proper moderator system for reporting people who abuse so no matter what bugs or glitches are discovered, there's a way to get rid of the idiots. Personal blacklist would be nice to block anyone from a race you were hosting, or warn you if you entered a race they were already in. (mind you on PS3 they can probably easily release updates for glitches)

- Ways to just "hang out" online. Running laps is all well and good, and with tracks like the ring it's not bad for just cruising because it's huge and scenic. Something like this for single player or online with friends would be awesome. Even if it were just massive stretches of computer generated road + scenery I'd be pleased with it. Throw in some voice chat and you've got a great way to just hang around with your buddy list.

- Piles of downloadable content! I'd be very unhappy to see the original game limited in the number of cars and tracks, but if PD delivers a solid original edition and then in the years to come just keeps updating with new models and new tracks, I'd probably buy them all.

- Seamless transition between career and online mode. I don't know how GT5P works but I'd like to be playing the same game whether I'm racing/tuning online or in career mode.

- Spectator mode? If the online community takes off as I'm sure it will, it would be sweet if a set number of people could spectate online events. That'll pose obvious bandwidth concerns and probably won't make the cut but just incase someone from PD ever reads these forums maybe they can give it some thought. :)

I'm somewhat impartial to the body work and elaborate paint jobs / decal area. If it was there I'd use it and probably enjoy it, but I admire PD's focus on keeping things real as they do and wouldn't feel much pain if the cars were limited to their stock colors. (although repainting them to another color after purchase would be nice)

Can't wait to see what PD has in store for us.

Latest Posts

Back