Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Like the child of NFS and GT5. Like a rich buisness man going for a fun time with a hooker, and them having a child. you want a better version of NFS High Stakes.

Not to sure if this has been posted coz i cant be botherd to look through them all!!!but i think for new racers online they should have the "novice racer plate"for there 1st 5/6 races!!!for thoughs of you that dont know its the yellow plate with the black cross.

Oh so much!

Some of my ideas is proboply posted earlier but reading 2200 some posts is going to take me til the release of the full game so here goes.

Dragracing, with the restrictions found in real life, both for street legal cars and for purpose built drag cars. (Fwd NA, FWD With breathing help (turbo etc.) Same with Rwd, an awd class, V8 class and so on.)

Ability to purpose build cars. (Drag cars, drift, rally, JGTC, DTM, WTCC etc) With having to install parts regulated by the genre's rules and regulations. (Turborestrictors for some rally classes, and so on)

Car improving body parts. I know why some of you are against this and I can see your point. I'm talking about parts who will fitt a big racing Intercooler, ad cooling to the engine, let more air in to allow a slight power increase, reduse drag, ad downforce, lighten the weight and so on. Basicly improving your car on a whole, like it would in the real world. Even have the bigblock V8 air intake and manifold show over the hood when upgrading it to that level. I personally think it would ad to the hole realisme of the game.

Danger of overheating engine due to tuning/uppgrading forcing you to ad oilcoolers, radiators, fans, and even bodyparts to keep your car at maximum power for a long race, or even from braking down.

Flagsystem

Car damage offcourse.

Ability to adjust some simple things in the pits, (tightening suspension, ad more downforce on moveble bodyparts etc) and even small repears. Change of brake callipers, if we get a realistic wearage system. Pit strategy with the choise of wich weels to change and fuel level. (Weight of fuel)

In drive boostcontroller for drifting and every other race it could be usefull. as an upgrade ofcourse.

Engineswaps, at least within manufacturs.

Ability to make AWD in to RWD as long as it is realisticly possible.

As i'm sure it's been posted before, damage would be great in GT5. And if you want to add to the realism.......Last lap in a Daytona 24 hour race.....going through the final turn, a tire viciously blows out and you lose. Something like this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdmO92BsDTo

I doubt that PD is ready to go this far yet.

As i'm sure it's been posted before, damage would be great in GT5. And if you want to add to the realism.......Last lap in a Daytona 24 hour race.....going through the final turn, a tire viciously blows out and you lose. Something like this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdmO92BsDTo

I doubt that PD is ready to go this far yet.

Yeah, to have some sort of random probability factor on the damage, maybe run with som real life stats. Would be really cool.

Yay first post

if GT5 has DLC id like to see the AI's using the new cars.
Paying on Forza 2 right now and i realised that ive never versed a downloaded car.

Have the AI drive tuned cars as well. Not tuners but upgradet stock cars. Maybe a level 1 tuning championship, level 2 etc. It would probaply be hard ti implement, but would be nice feature.

Video Replay Editor
This is something that would be a very nice feature. Would be cool to cut and paste video segements from differnt replays to make your own demo video. Perhaps with say 10 minuet max length limit. However as of this post I just would be happy with single view replay on two player arcade and replays for online races. Video replay editor would be way down the list on things to add. However would be a great feature. Also want the ability to save as many photo's etc. as I want only limited by harddrive space. We should be allowed to make the storage space for games as large as we want.

A fully functioning pit crew like this \/ working on my F2007

0310-24-1.JPG

I tell you what, a touge is actually a great idea. Let me explain.

Let's get out of the drifter mind frame for a sec. A game as complete as Gran Turismo, could always use more real world race tracks.
(I'm sure Kaz knows that.)

But i'm also sure that Kaz realizes there are many places in the world called "Driving Roads". If you want an explanation Watch the Top Gear Season 10 Episode 1, where the boys go on a motoring holiday to the best driving road in the world.....Watch here.

Top Gear Dabos to Stelvio

stelvio-pass-road-redefining-switchbacks.jpg

To add to that, from my personal experience i'd add the Futa Pass between Bologna and Florence Italy. That is my personal best driving road in the world...although i should take a trip to Stelvio to have a drive or ride.

And last are the hidden Japanese road that wind their way through the Japanese's mountains. Now everyone calls it a touge for drifting purposes, but look at it as a great place to drive a car not just to drift it.

You see GT has always tried to keep the majority of stuff real world. Real cars you and i could buy and drive to great real world places. Im sure that's where the idea of Eiger Norwood came from. So he's actually right, a japanese touge road in Gran Turismo used for driving is a great idea.

there's one problem with Chase for the Cup. say i were to brake early going into a turn so i could pass the car in front of me and one of the AI behind me hits me because it didn't slow down, the game says that's my fault, i always hated that because it's not my fault that you (the AI) didn't slow down enough. if GT5 could find a way around that the friend/foe system would work fine.

Have the AI drive tuned cars as well. Not tuners but upgradet stock cars. Maybe a level 1 tuning championship, level 2 etc. It would probaply be hard ti implement, but would be nice feature.
They already do. You don't often race agaisnt completely stock opposition in the GT Mode races. People have hacked the games and seen what the AI is actually running over the years and the AI was rarely in a completely stock car.

In GT5 I would like to see:
Damage in all cars... damage in body, engine, things that appen in real world;
Skidmarks on the trak until the end of the race;
No body tunning... I dont want GT to be NFS or something;
Good... very good online racing;
Real weather and time changing during races;

I think is all!!!

;)

it must have day an night zyklus, like in real. if you drive an endurorace it must be night too. not only 24h day

and it would be cool to tune the car to an real race car, with aerodynamic bodykits and vinylwork that it looks like an race car!!!!

Now that sony have lost the F1 licene and i have no faith in EA, so i will like to see all the F1 car's in gran turismo and maybe for PD to release an update each year to get the new cars each year.

Also day time effects, i.e. the track is colder in the morning, so racing in the morning will feel different to racing at noon where the track will be warmer

For ME, I would like to see:
More of the F1 cars, I personally wouldn't mind paying a bit to get the f1 tracks and Cars! But, I will only pay for liscensed Cars!

As everyone has said, DAMAGE!

In-depth car tuning, no not NFS style, I mean tinkering with the Gearbox, brakes ect:)

Weather Systems, possibly including WIND! And things like heat affecting Grip and Brake temp ect :nervous:

I also think it would be Great if we could have User-created content (simiar to UT3 and rFactor) and possibly even User made Series/Leagues eg. virtual STi leauge/ Virtual f1 season- where we organize a season of Races Forums and then Race! but I can see that it (the italic Section) would be difficult to implement this into the Game!

I would like aerodynamic parts replacable on cars well known for aftermarket support (ie most nissans, s2k's, evos, etc etc)
A simple add on lip kit or smooth body kit could possibly add to cars overall aerodynamics? Body kits are functional, you know.

Also, I really wish you could buy rims by offset, and width. Having a setting for regular fitment to auto-choose your offsets if you don't know about it. But allows people to run lower offsets for more poked JDM look. Wish you could buy all different variations of certain rims, effecting lip size and overall fitment. Imagine buying tires by their actual sizes (285/19/35) changing the way they fit your purchased rims. Everything would be priced accordingly. That level of depth to the tire and wheel fitment would put a huge new field of tunability. How well the car drifts and its overall appearance. Addition of fender flares would allow you to run wider tires with more rubber.
As for damage all I ask for is scuff marks on the paint jobs for now. Nothing fancy just lets you try and keep your car clean for the podiums. Thats if adding performance hidering systems are too time consuming and complicated.

other cars on the track for practise.

Eh if you select Fuji for an online practise other cars will be there on the track doing practise laps too.

it would be grait to see an windtunnel to check your aerodynamic.

I would like aerodynamic parts replacable on cars well known for aftermarket support (ie most nissans, s2k's, evos, etc etc)
A simple add on lip kit or smooth body kit could possibly add to cars overall aerodynamics? Body kits are functional, you know.

i realy want paintjobs on my cars, that they looks like real racecars

Latest Posts

Back