Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
This would be solved more easily by just giving us a decent colour and decal editor, then we can just make our own liveries. Sadly, I dont think we will ever see that in the game.

It would be a pity if the game didn't have it, or at least the "racing modification" option from the first two GTs.

Wouldn't it be alot better if the car information screens had a human voice tell you about the car? Or the track preview video scenes in GT5P, wouldn't it be better if there was a human voice reading the info to you instead of you reading the text yourself?

Hell no! :scared: Your idea about pit lane communication is a good idea, but I hate menu screen commentary with a passion, it's always really patronising, like the menu voices in DIRT. If they did implement it it wouldd HAVE to have the option to turn it off. I can read, I don't need to be talked to by pre-recorded people.

-----------------------------

I think most of what I'd like to see has already been covered, but I *would* like to see fewer variations on certain cars... there is no reason in the world why we would need 6+ versions of the R34 GTR, for example, like there was in GT4. I seem to remember a couple of them were solely for the different colours too.

If they are going to add different variations, make them available through modification - so for example on the R34, no need to have Nismo, Mines, HKS etc versions of the Skyline, just take your R34 to the dealership and press the button to make the tuner company work their magic on it (again, a bit like the racing mod on GT2, but for tuners as well as full race kits).

Say Earth, you having a Need For Speed Flashback? Seems like your wishes as of late have been Need For Speed Inspired. As for the tire mismatching, I don't know if you read my first response but tire mismatching is actually done in real life. I would have thought since you watch Nascar you would have seen that, but I have plenty of examples of this happening. For instance, I distinctly remember one ALMS race at Leguna seca when one of the Corvettes had Harder compounds on the right and softer compounds on the left. You say you want this banned "Because drivers will abuse it to create fast but usually ill handling cars " but thats the key word: "fast". In the end, isn't that what all of want is to be fast? I'll be the first to tell you that I've had some very bad handling racecars, but I made consistant lap times and made a good distance on cars because I was fast.

HomeForSummer
Hell no! Your idea about pit lane communication is a good idea, but I hate menu screen commentary with a passion, it's always really patronising, like the menu voices in DIRT. If they did implement it it wouldd HAVE to have the option to turn it off. I can read, I don't need to be talked to by pre-recorded people.

First off, the voice in DIRT is pure trash. Now, if there were voices in GT5 they need only to speak in preview videos of the tracks, and information about a car before you buy it. And the voice needs to be professional like the one in the Need For Speed video.

Say Earth, you having a Need For Speed Flashback? Seems like your wishes as of late have been Need For Speed Inspired.

Yes they are, I've ran into some Need For Speed II (1997) videos on youtube and the game did employ some great ideas.

RACECAR
As for the tire mismatching, I don't know if you read my first response but tire mismatching is actually done in real life. I would have thought since you watch Nascar you would have seen that, but I have plenty of examples of this happening. For instance, I distinctly remember one ALMS race at Leguna seca when one of the Corvettes had Harder compounds on the right and softer compounds on the left.

I've heard of and seen drivers mismatching sticker tires and scruffed tires, but I can't say I remember teams using totally different compounds.

But if you heard of instances then it must be true. I wouldn't be so against the idea if GT had more realistic grip differences between tire compounds. For example at Le Mans the difference between the softer and harder compounds is probably 1-2 seconds a lap. In GT4 it would be 3-5 seconds a lap.

RACECAR
You say you want this banned "Because drivers will abuse it to create fast but usually ill handling cars " but thats the key word: "fast". In the end, isn't that what all of want is to be fast? I'll be the first to tell you that I've had some very bad handling racecars, but I made consistant lap times and made a good distance on cars because I was fast.

I just don't like it. To me it's like an exploit in the game.

First off, the voice in DIRT is pure trash. Now, if there were voices in GT5 they need only to speak in preview videos of the tracks, and information about a car before you buy it. And the voice needs to be professional like the one in the Need For Speed video.

Which NFS vid, the one for the upcoming game or something else? I didn't mind the voice instructions in Most Wanted because they were from a non player character and not a disembodied voice with no part in the game, and the only other voice I didn't mind was Vicky Butler-Henderson's (which is odd considering her voice is like people scratching a blackboard with their nails to some people) when she was introducing the licence tests in GT4 Prologue (may have only been the EU version). Actually, Tiff Needel in TOCA 2 worked too, but then that was commentary, not menu blurb.

But I wouldn't like a voice describing a race circuit or car history. The only time I'd accept that would be if it were done in a video for example, like the track previews in Prologue, but then this would be a massive undertaking to do for each and every car. The person doing the voice would have to be right too, someone well respected in motoring or motorsport.

I dunno, maybe I'm being picky with this or I've missed your point but I'm just not keen on being talked to by the game when I could just be reading instead.

"pro" physics, and online should be enough. but hey, i guess if you love the AI in GT4 and the ease in which you are able to lap some very difficult tracks, there really is no need to get GT5.

homeforsummer
Which NFS vid, the one for the upcoming game or something else?

This one

homeforsummer
But I wouldn't like a voice describing a race circuit or car history. The only time I'd accept that would be if it were done in a video for example, like the track previews in Prologue, but then this would be a massive undertaking to do for each and every car.

That's exactly where I wanted a voice to be used. It felt weird to me that I had to try and watch the video and follow the scrolling text at the same time. A human voice would make everything more real, provided it is done right.

homeforsummer
The person doing the voice would have to be right too, someone well respected in motoring or motorsport.

I agree. But whoever did the voice acting in the NFS video posted above would do just fine if they can't find a Murray Walker. As long as it's not a D.J. Atomica from Burnout Paradise type voice. He needs to be someone professional and serious sounding.

homeforsummer
I dunno, maybe I'm being picky with this or I've missed your point but I'm just not keen on being talked to by the game when I could just be reading instead.

I think it's more of trouble communicating through a message board.

Maybe having a voice read you car info for all 500 cars is over the top, but a human voice needs to be in the game somewhere. And it should only appear if they do it right.

Sorry If this has been mentioned before.
I would Love to have more racing classes. Like Early 90s DTM. Since GT5 is going to have body kits. It would be good that Those Races are really specified. Like how much power you can have, how much weight, ETC. So I would buy a Older BMW, or Merc, and tune it up so I could enter the DTM events. It would be good that Every race, like Le mans, Super GT, DTM, rally, etc would have more specifications.
I would love to see create you're own championships, Choose the class, cars to be in that championships. And what trophy you will win and Money. The more the money, the longer it has to be and as well harder. Same goes for trophy, Lets say if you wanna do 5-10 laps, No trophy aworded. But if you want to go with 20+ laps you get a trophy. So more laps bigger the trophy.

so to sumarize

-More specified racing
-Custom races/seasons.

How about being able to pick your own number on full blown race cars, it seems weird to have 5 # 35 running in the same race.💡

im sure this has been said before, but more of the game should be focused on club and local racing. i really dont care too much for the full blown race tourneys. and the "cups" are silly. 3 race tournaments for 100hp cars that span the world? basically, the events just need to be more realistic.

This something that popped up in my head when buying a car.

I realize that GT5p has changed from picking a country to just picking the car company. No matter which method appears in GT5. I want you to be able to get the car at the factory instead of GT virtual showroom.

For Example:

If i want to buy a Ferrari......

1. I would pick Italy or Ferrari in the menu
2. I'm then taken to the Ferrari factory.
3. When there,

i can pick a new car which will take me to the front gate of the Factory:

60-16a.jpg

or pick classic, and it will take me to Galleria Ferrari:

pic030.jpg

Same thing for Honda and as many automakers as GT chooses.

I really like how the old game Ferrari challange had a menu around the factory and i've been to Marenello so it would make it that much more exciting.

OK so I just started reading this thread and I ain't up for reading 124 pages but here is what I think should be done:

-Skid marks
-Better burnout smoke, hell GTA4 has a better burnout smoke thing than GT
-If you use an automatic, make the transmission and automatic, not just an automated manual, eg. make it so the car shifts faster at a lower rpm and has a stall converter not a variable clutch
-Drag tires
-1/4 mile track
-Needs more every day street cars, I don't like hopping in a skyline or sti all the time, I'd love to see cars like a 96-98 Mustang Cobra and 04-06 GTO, or atleast a 96-04 Mustang GT.
-Maybe when you buy a car pick if you want an auto or manual?
-More settings that actually mean something
-Maybe have it so you can adjust your cars air/fuel ratio and timing and stuff, and if the A/F mix isn't right make the car run like ****
-And a lot more that I can't think of. But mainly the cars and the auto/manual thing.

96cobra.jpg

-Maybe when you buy a car pick if you want an auto or manual?

definitely. trans choice needs to be an option when you buy the car. it should not be a listed in the race options menu as a driving aid or however they swing it now. if you buy a car as a 6mt, you drive it as a 6mt. if you want an automatic, buy an automatic.

theyll need to implement something that separates how manual cars shift and how cars with say a dual clutch shift as well. i dunno if a clutch button is the way to go, but maybe. and then just "up" "down" buttons for manual shifting autos and dual clutches.

I would like to see night racing & weather changes, Bring back photo mode to get pictures of you car in the air with pieces flying all over the place. And add BATHURST as a track.

Another feature id like to add but a fantasy:an option to create your own theme.

anyone whos played auto modellista knows that theres a movie maker to use on the replays.

id like to see an option that allows you to have your music with either ingame or real world clips or both.

whats triple h got to do with gran turismo? well, anyone whos seen the world wrestling federation will know that each wrestler will have various musics thats either remixed or have the original song with flashy glitzy effects stuck onto the video

If I recall, you can play your own music on the game already with the latest firmwire update. Correct if I'm wrong.

Smokey Nismo
Another feature id like to add but a fantasy:an option to create your own theme.

Looking at the Triple H entrance video, your saying you want to be able to make a theme like that?

yeah maybe.

although it could be like a pgr3 style film, i dont really know. just thought it would be a good suggestion

Here's something I'd like to pose for this thread. I've made here-and-there comments in regards to this issue, but one thing I'd really love to see be focused is rendering newer car parts. Cases in point:

--- Lightweight Tuning ---
* Lightweight substantially lightens your car and supposedly adds carbon fiber parts. Throughout series history, we never really noticed how much the car has changed in style as well as how much the car has really progressed. Lighter cars should be fitted with roll cages and even have a race-oriented cockpit. I know I'm hearing that GT5 cars may be as customizable as Forza. Here is how I think the layout should be arranged:

(Level 1) - Strips out every unnecessary element to lighten weight. Should include a high-quality racing seat (or two for cars that can be raced in off-road conditions, because I'm hopeful of seeing a rally co-driver be with you for rally events. A low-spec roll cage is installed to keep the car rigid as the car is lightened. Not that I'm expecting cars to catch fire, a fire extinguisher will be in the car available to be used as well as to add to the race car feel.

(Level 2) - Strips out even more unnecessary elements to further lighten weight as well as replacing body parts and fenders with lighter, more rigid materials. A much more rigid roll cage is installed.

(Level 3) - Generally lightens the car to unfathomable levels for the ultimate lightweight package. Even includes a pure race car cockpit made of carbon fiber and a digital dash board similar to a MoTeC ADL system. Since the car will be all carbon fiber, there should be a choice (inspired by "Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3") to keep the carbon fiber natrual or colored. The coloring adds only a few pounds to the car's weight. This makes your car completely certifiable as a race car.

This is my hypothetical Level 4:

(Level 4) A tuner-friendly package that will allow modifications to add as many as four auxillary lights to your car for big time endurance racing. For rally cars, several modifications catered to rally are implemented including a lightpod for rally racing in darkness, rain, or snow.

* Racing Mufflers should really seem and feel like actual racing mufflers. In addition, they should look nothing like the stock mufflers. Racing-spec mufflers in GT4 do have backfire. However, I'd be interested in more racing-type mufflers like the ones with open catalysts that have blue tips. Muffler options should even include installing a new series of brackets and pipes to deliver more power.

--- Racing-Specific Modification Packages ---
Racing Modifications for car types is an idea derived from "Need for Speed: Pro Street." One thing I didn't really like about that game was that one car could be made for one kind of racing. But when you try to take that same car for a different kind of racing, you completely erase the old config. For example, the Porsche Cayman S I had in the game was my road racing car. And as much as I'd love to have my Subaru Impreza to road race, I chose it for drag racing. The default option for tuned cars is road racing. But what if you wanted to tune a car for something else? What if you want to make a car into a drag racing, perhaps (I'd actually lobby for drag racing)? What about drift-specific setups? How about touring car setups for more economy cars to have a competitive racing setup?

Rally packages would allow for cars to have bodywork and other tuning options specifically catered to a certain kind of racing. * The purest drag racing cars don't have functional headlights or brake lights. Imagine something similar to a Pro-Stock drag racing car or a highly capable bracket racer with fat tires. * As for drift-specific settings, the car will have settings which will make it hard to drive straight on a straightaway. A specialized rear wing may help in downforce while drifting. * Touring car settings don't allow for super-powerful cars (unless you're thinking DTM or Australian V8 Supercars). The general style of touring car would be those seen in series like FIA World Touring Car, Brazilian Stock Cars, the British Touring Car Championship, and Speed World Challenge - Touring Car. Any kind of extreme touring cars would be high-downforce and very powerful cars like in Australian V8 Supercars and DTM. Any of those cars not initially equipped with RWD will be fitted with RWD.

The PS3's power and performance should allow for such modifications to make a car go from normal to as pure of a race car people want a car to be. Even better if we could have Racing Modifications return because I feel like GT needs some real racing influence, while not turning into a ToCA or a GTR. My garage in the game should be more of my own race team with some cars specially tuned for racing. Why not finish the touches and make pure race cars from average street cars both in tuning and in looks? So a lot of my changes relate to either pure race cars or pure tuner cars (like the capable machines that compete in Time Attacks and Track Attacks (or whatever else is similar to this style of racing). I'm still holding to the thing about cars being customizable like Forza, so that's at least some hope we can have detailed tuning for cars.

Please don't introduce race specific vehicles. If I want a drag setup and a circuit setup, I will use Set A and Set B.

Please don't introduce race specific vehicles. If I want a drag setup and a circuit setup, I will use Set A and Set B.

agreed. if your looking for a quick fix to tune your car one way or the other, a description of the part you are buying or modifying should suffice. then use A and B.

IDK if this has been mentioned, but i would like to have the ability to add a clan/team tag. I don't like the idea of making a new account to show my team tag, and i like everything to be on 1 profile.

*smirk*

I just thought of something that's WAY overdue for inclusion (and I hope it hasn't been plugged, yet).

can we PLEASE have Color Tuning for the race mod paint schemes this time? every other bloody race game has it now, EXCEPT GT! that would go well with relatively plain (non-manufacturer/sponsor) teams graphics for any online competitions. if your gonna go whole hog with any online bits, might as well get them (and have people have to register their paint pallettes for online use).

After finding out it wasn't in GT4, I would love to see track grip levels modelled in the game. Very few tracks have the same amount of grip available as each other in the real world, so modelling that grip would be cool.:)

A few ideas for GT5

Rear wings --- GT4
Rims --------- GT4
Exhaust ------- TOURIST TROPHY
Numbers ------ TOURIST TROPHY
Paint jobs ----- NEED FOR SPEED
Body mods ---- NEED FOR SPEED
Drag races ----- NEED FOR SPEED

Back