Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
I would really Forza style Photo mode, where you can move the camera anywhere, along with options such as Contrast, hue, sepia, levels, etc all adjustable. Vignetting too. These things make for great photos.

Seriously, things become so much more awesome when you can move the camera pretty much anywhere. Also, in GT4, some camera angles showed well on the replay, but ended up cutting out the car once you hit "select" to bring up the photo viewer. This was because the camera was inside the car's rendered "box". When the camera entered this "box" the car clipped. Please fix this PD. I've been frustrated many times by awesome shots that should have been photo'able, but ended up clipping out the car model.

This may have already been added or discussed. Sorry

How about driver changes? We know SuperGT, the 24 Lemans and a few other races series have driver changes. Our favorite B spec driver could handle the job, but.......

more cars and tracks obv, llink gt5 with home so you can start playing it by going into your garage or somthing.

long as theres no damage im happy.

For all you tuners out there or people that use other peoples tuning guide lines. How about a method to instantly download someone elses tunning settings. Then perhaps for those that are really into tuning and like to share with others. Lets say Tuner X has a lot of great set-ups then perhaps they could make a logo or sticker that people get when they download the set-ups. Then this logo could be placed on your car. Just another wild ideal if they was to allow paint shops etc.

If full wreck-able cars were not a realistic possibility, I would even settle for just having your car dent and scratch up a bit, maybe lose a bumper or something. If you trade paint with an opponent's car, the scratches should show up on both of your cars for the rest of the race. If you pass too close to a wall (on Daytona for example), and scrape it, there could be a streak on the wall from where you sliced past it. This could then be saved with your game information, and stays on the wall. This would be cool to see a place where you commonly contact getting covered in scrapes and streaks of different colour paints. Perhaps it could even get cleaned off by the track's maintenance crew, say, every few months or something.

Warm up laps in enduros (would really add to the atmosphere of the races that are normally the pinnacle round of a season or year's calendar, eg. Bathurst 1000, Nürburgring 24hrs).
The ability to take pictures from races by pausing replays and using photo mode.

Warm up laps in enduros (would really add to the atmosphere of the races that are normally the pinnacle round of a season or year's calendar, eg. Bathurst 1000, Nürburgring 24hrs).
The ability to take pictures from races by pausing replays and using photo mode.

Yes instant photo mode from replays after each race should be an option.

If GT5 does not official come out to end of 2009 / early 2010. Perhaps add a video editor. Allow us to mix and match race replays into 10 minuet max length videos. Would be the next logical step.

Or perhaps instant race highlite snap shots if you had that option selected. Anywhere from 20 to 100 photos depending on race length. You would of course have the option to save or delete any of the photos after the race.

Autosave Replay feature. Kind of like a temporary save feature. Save like 4 replays this way. Then the 5th one stores over auto replay 01 etc.

I would like to see simple things "new" on Gt:
- Please.... NO SPLIT SCREEN replays on 2players battle mode... i would like replay sistem like gt3
- Event generator: maybe usefull to increase the live of the game... choosing kind of cars, tracks.... prizes calculated by the game...
- Optional Qualifyng lap in online races

And other things i would like to see... but not so important to me
- maybe... choose camera positions on the replays... like a video editor someone said
- Open/close car doors in photomode?

(sorry for my bad english... and possibly someone asked for the same improvements... but there is a lot of pages to read!! ;)

The point made above about opening car doors is a good idea. If engine swaps were included then they should definitly model the engines and give us the option of opening the bonnet.

- Event generator: maybe usefull to increase the live of the game... choosing kind of cars, tracks.... prizes calculated by the game...

Good idea. I think when they had this option in the ToCa games it really extended the life of the game 👍

sorry for my bad english...

Your English is good. Better then some here who have it as a native language!

I would like to see simple things "new" on Gt:
- Please.... NO SPLIT SCREEN replays on 2players battle mode... i would like replay sistem like gt3
- Optional Qualifyng lap in online races

And other things i would like to see... but not so important to me
- maybe... choose camera positions on the replays... like a video editor someone said
- Open/close car doors in photomode?

(sorry for my bad english... and possibly someone asked for the same improvements... but there is a lot of pages to read!! ;)

All good ideas, the split screen replays in GT4 bugged the hell out of me.

Your English is fine.:)

the split screen replays in GT4 bugged the hell out of me
i remember the day i bought it... in five minutes i wrote a mail to polyphony asking for an explanation about that ugly replays.... i´m waiting the answer!!! ;)

and... a qualifying lap would be interesting to build online rooms for people with similar levels... something like the GTP Registry you´re working at

Last edited:
Warm up laps on enduros, and ACTUAL QUALIFYING. And different kinds, as well. Half an hour get-as-many-laps-as-you-want-in qualifying, 3 lap qualifiying, hotlap qualifying. etc.

The tagline in GT4 was "the real driving simulator". But the game main focus was racing. Not that I don't like racing (well I'm more into time trails, too many throttle freaks online)

My point is that I would like to test my car and driving skills in an urban environement.
with all the restriction of speed limits, stop sign, red lights and trafic.
I know that it's alot to ask from a game development company, but a man can always dream.

Another thing...and I think that it can be done before 2010 is

MORE Nürnberg like tracks
track whose average lap time should be around the 10 min range.
technical, unpredictable, and long.
My fav track in GT4 is Nür and since I completed the game at 80% I only did time trails on it.
I have tested all my fav cars on it. and with the new "professional" mode, I want to test my skills once again on that track, and similar ones if possible.

My point is that I would like to test my car and driving skills in an urban environement with all the restriction of speed limits, stop sign, red lights and trafic.

That's an interesting concept, I've thought of that myself before but I expect for the majority of players it'd actually be very boring. There's always GTA4 if you want to cruise around a city legally!

That's an interesting concept, I've thought of that myself before but I expect for the majority of players it'd actually be very boring. There's always GTA4 if you want to cruise around a city legally!

Well what I'm looking for is to test the car at low speeds and how it handles around obstacles. A test that manufacturers use before sending the car tot he market. How well the car handles at different weather patterns. An obstacle course would also be welcomed

Last edited:
Somebody started a thread about possibly including autocross in GT5, I think that's pretty much what you're after.

By the way, it's obstacle ;)

I would like to see the AI cars been really aggressive, with all these changes we're asking the game would be expensive or take more time? I ould love to see all these changes but i think it's to much

This may already be in here , I may have missed it in the multitude of pages,but here I go :

A learning curve for the noobs.

After PSN registry , you will have to go through a learning curve , limited to the amount of track time you put in and how well you perform.After so much track time ,you can move up into another class,after more advanced track time you can move up again , and so on. This just for learning on-line conditions and the tracks and getting the feel of racing with real people rather than AI . I think this will help a person to become a better racer.The problem is that too many people get the game,go pump up a car and go racing without a clue of what is going on ( they are new at this,we gotta cut them some slack ) we were all new at this in one point in time - remember ? . After their trial period they are free to roam and race where they want . I know this seems harsh to a noobie , but how else can we get them into a good on-line racing attitude ?

Realistic transmission options. If a car only comes with one transmission type, as with the Mercedes SLR's automatic, that's how it should be in the game. And when you go to buy cars that do have options, you chose which transmission you want: automatic or manual. I definitely prefer manual, but I just think this would be a cool, realistic, feature. Especially now that we have such detailed cockpits that include the driver's hands.

And if you have a G25 steering wheel, select it in the options menu and the game could take realism a step further by offering the H shifter and/or sequential and/or paddles (this could also work, sans the H gate, for wheels with just the paddles and sequential stick) depending on which cars actually have them.

It's just like in real life. If you wanted a car, but it only came with one transmission type, you'd have to go with it or look for another car. This includes learning manual for those who don't know how. Only since this is a game, standard is easier to learn without a clutch.

Last edited:
None of this 'change the sound effects and change the music volume' bs.

Audio Settings should look like this -

Menu Music volume /50
Race Music volume /50
Menu SFX /50
Player Engine volume (chase cam) /50
Player Engine volume (bumper cam) /50
Player Engine volume (driver cam) /50
Wind volume (chase cam) /50
Wind volume (bumper cam) /50
Wind volume (driver cam) /50
Repeat for tire screeching, collision, turbo.

Realism should only be there for those who want it. Some of us have a hell of a lot easier of a time doing an enduro when you have a car with a real badass engine noise, and it's frustrating that it's entirely drowned out by wind.

In NFS Hot Pursuit 2, you can choose if you want to race against the same car as the one you're driving, or a random field. GT5 needs that for arcade cups.

if PD will include that all we will get GT5 in 2015 :P

i´m happy if we get a great game like GT4 with the new driving physics of GT5P...

I would like to see online races where you can select the amount of laps in a race, three laps is not enought. You could have the choice in Laps, Miles or Time. For shorter races you would select Laps. Between 1/50. Then for longer races you select Miles or Time.

Another thing I would like to see is the introduction of a pitlane speedlimiter in online racing and the game. Having to brake and press a botton on your wheel before coming into and leaving the pits would be just the dogs balls. The best time I've ever had was a few years ago playing GT3 on linkup mode. You had too look after your tyers and get to go a lap longer than the other boy. The only thing missing was a pitlane speedlimiter.

Refuling and tyre wear are two other things I would like to see in online racing in G5. Doing a longer/shorter stint than the boy in front to get the advantage again would be the dogs balls. GT4 had this funtion. Working out how many units of fuel your car used on a track and then having to press the botton when it got to the number you wanted.

I'm new to computers and fourms, so if anybody wants to start up a petition on these points and send it to the makers of GT then I would sign it.

Latest Posts

Back