Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Oh, and I forgot - the ability to set the VCD so that, in a 4WD car, ALL the power goes to the rear wheels instead of just 90% maximum.

I think it would be really cool to have multiple ignition maps for the really high powered cars, so that you could have a "max power" setting for the straights, and a "traction" setting for hairpins and off chambers.

Hi, new here.

Couldn't read all teh post, so if it's been mentioned already, then oops... I'd like to see some new stuff on GT5. Not necessarily new cars, new tracks but some new features. Such as:

- Although the cockpit view is breath taking, there is something missing. Especially the response time of the wheel must be better. Because driving a car is all about quick responses. It feels somehow 'slow'. (Midnight Club 4, despite its arcade nature, seems to have that feeling pretty much nailed as far as I can tell from the videos)
- While in car view, I think there must be more road noise in the car. You should feel the road, the asphalt more. This is very good in SimBin games. You can actually feel the road under the car. Those road noise effects are really helpfull.
- Again in in car view, I think there also must be a 'shaking effect' (which seems to be present in MC4). When you drive the car and go over a bump, and hit the road heavly, the car just doesn't feel 'heavy' enough to me. I think it must shake when it lands on the asphalt and the control must be alittle tricky the first few seconds. But it lands just softly with a weak 'bump' effect. You must actually feel the 'bodywork' behaviour of the car. It must shake and lose a little control and stuff like that. And maybe even lose a hubcap on some cars as well, to add some fun and authenticity :)) (Like in Driver)
- The wheel sizes should also be visible when you change them. When you change the rims from 17 to 20 inches, these changes should be present accurately.

There are actually many things but these are the ones that stands out for me the most. BTW, I've played the game (Prologue) 4-5 months ago and just for a brief time, maybe for half an hour or so. So, my comments and wishes are based on that half an hour, if anything mentioned abow already showed up with updates or was already there but I couldn't notice, then whatever. My bad then :D

Sorry to drag this thread back up, although it is one of the 'on-going' variety.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before (I did quickly skim all 130 pages), but i'd really like to see dealer options.

Things such as trim options, wheel package options (Such as Ferrari Pentas or Ferrari/BBS Challenge rims for the F430), possibly decal options (Ferrari shield on quarter panels, stripes, etc) available as options from the dealership, just like in real life.

Possibly asking too much, but it would be a nice touch.

Oh that's right, there is one HUGE thing I definitely do not want to see in GT5.
The Wheelie Trick.
If that returns I'll be so chieved, it makes a clean top speed run always questionable, it's unrealistic (in such a realistic game, not even Midnight Club or NFS does wheelies at those speeds), and what the hell is it there for anyway!

It's just a glitch, it's not purposefully included it's just a side effect of the physics engine. Sometimes it's easier to leave something like that in as it can take a lot of time tweaking and re-tweaking aspects of the physics engine to prevent it happening while keeping the engine feeling as realistic as possible.

It's just a glitch, it's not purposefully included it's just a side effect of the physics engine. Sometimes it's easier to leave something like that in as it can take a lot of time tweaking and re-tweaking aspects of the physics engine to prevent it happening while keeping the engine feeling as realistic as possible.

Obviously the physics engine changed drastically with new games though, why was it in numerous ones.
Other than that, GT5 is completely different so maybe it won't have it.💡

It didn't really change that much. GT4's was the first major overhaul but that doesn't mean that key parts of the engine arn't the same or based on the same principal formulas. It's not a deliberate thing it is just a side effect of the way PD work their physics. GT5's feels a lot different to GT1-3's and GT4 so maybe your wish is true. I'm betting that the bug was there in GT1 but there was just nothing fast enough to expoit it. Every sim has flaws in the engine, no game has real physics it's just a question of where the engines can be exploited.

Not sure if this has already been said:

Track Meet: On GT4, you have this option in Gran Turismo Mode where you go to a track, select it and you aren't racing against the AI, but are putting down laps while they are there. Now imagine this with 15 other players and possibly an interactive garage, you can easily have a test session, like say a pre-test or maybe even a Qualifying session. I think it'll add a little realistic feel to people running an online series.

Last edited:

Track Meet: On GT4, you have this option in Gran Turismo Mode where you go to a track, select it and you aren't racing against the AI, but are putting down lapswhile they are there. Now imagine this with 15 other players and possibly an interactive garage, you can easily have a test session, like say a pre-test or maybe even a Qualifying session. I think it'll add a little realistic feel to people running an online series.

👍

Track Meet: On GT4, you have this option in Gran Turismo Mode where you go to a track, select it and you aren't racing against the AI, but are putting down lapswhile they are there. Now imagine this with 15 other players and possibly an interactive garage, you can easily have a test session, like say a pre-test or maybe even a Qualifying session. I think it'll add a little realistic feel to people running an online series.

I've been thinking about something like that ever since PD were making noises about having an online mode, well before they released GT4. The option to go to any circuit for one of the track day/test sessions (that are known as "race meetings" in GT4) and hop out onto the circuit, where you may be joined by other drivers in different cars wanting to test.

My old idea also envisaged some sort of connection between all the "driving park" circuits. Obviously, you have the test course itself, the massive oval, but it would be great if you could pull off into the pits, and drive onto an access road which led you to the gymkhana, or Driving Park Beginner Course, or Driving Park Motorland - so you could spend time at one circuit and seamlessly drive onto another if you wanted to test different settings. It would make it amazingly immersive. They could even include more Driving Park circuits too, such as create a bigger test circuit along the lines of Complex String from GT3 and somehow integrate it within the testing complex.

All the while, users could join or exit when they pleased, and because of the size of the complex the chances are that the maximum 16 users wouldn't get in each others' way.

The closest games have come to the concept of a big testing facility so far that I've found (although without an online mode) are TOCA 2, which had various circuits, an oval, a dirt course and a skidpad all in one seamless area, and WRC3, which again had a testing facility with an oval, a tarmac stage, a gravel stage, an acceleration run, chicanes etc all in one, and you could race on different parts of it whenever you wanted.

The closest to my concept I suppose you'd find in the UK is the Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire. As you can see it has a banked circuit, a hill circuit, shorter circuits all with different surfaces and types of corners - everything needed for testing:

millbrook.jpg

...and all linked by roads. Something similar in GT5 would be amazing.

good idea home for summer!

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I would like to see driver head movement, if you check you left side the helmet should move. It can give you an opportunity to pass on the other side, simply see if you have the guy in front of you checking his mirrors every five seconds because you have him nervous.

So you would like to see a video of PD releasing the game in the game? :odd:

He means he wants the full game to come out already.

Things I would like to see in GT5...apart from cars ---» The release of GT5.
Not sure if that could be put in GT5.

Last edited:
Well duh, just figured it was odd that he said that while putting "things I would like to see in GT5" in front of it.

A huge online lobby and well free run mode.

A room filled with people and you free roam and meet others

It would be like Playstaion HOME only for GT5:P cars etc.

He means he wants the full game to come out already.

Not sure if that could be put in GT5.

Sure I could list a few things I wanted in GT5...but seeing the full game working by now it would be the best thing I "wanted" in GT5.

A huge online lobby and well free run mode.

A room filled with people and you free roam and meet others

It would be like Playstation HOME only for GT5:P cars etc.

Would that also mean you could cruise around in the cars? That would be a nice touch too:tup:

I think it would be cool if you also could roam the paddock area and the garages, possibly check your teammate's progress on track. Makes for a rather realistic way of getting notes for track setup.

i have an idea i have been wanting since GT3...and im sure that others have wanted this too...an endless straight...just a long strip of concrete...so you can line up with 5 other escudos and get into a 30,000 mph battle with 6 insane cars wheelieing towards nowhere...lol

Repeated, perhaps but: Spa Francorchamps. Other than the 'ring, my most favorite track in the history of mankind.

SMOKE

I think it will be nice to have some extra smoke in the new GT5:

- Engine smoke (if they put damage)
- Exhaust smoke (example: for diesel cars . . .)
- Tire smoke (on drift, burnout, hard braking . . .)
- . . .

:crazy:

SMOKE

- . . .

Only diesel cars can have exhaust smoke? You do get tyre smoke in GT4.

SMOKE

- . . .

If I remember correctly, Tire smoke has been present in GT going all the way back to GT1 (though not as realistic).

Back