Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
I would like to see :cool:"Racing Modification",you know.....the feature in GT1 & GT2 that can modifiy your car from stock to racing with stickers,vinyls aerodynamics and etc. ......:D

does anybody remember it?:rolleyes:

I would like to see :cool:"Racing Modification",you know.....the feature in GT1 & GT2 that can modifiy your car from stock to racing with stickers,vinyls aerodynamics and etc. ......:D

Yes I remember it :D

It has come up quite a few times in this thread actually including in my very first post here at GTP nearly 2 years ago.

It seems most Gran Turismo oldies want this one to return.

I'd like to see a return of this too. Nothing was more satisfying than turning your first second hand old banger into a fully blown racing car.

I'd like to see a return of this too. Nothing was more satisfying than turning your first second hand old banger into a fully blown racing car.

Heck, I never owned GT1 or GT2, but I caught a glimpse of the feature playing on my friend's PSX many years ago, and it did seem like sweet feature. I would like to see some form of this in GT5 as well.

I'd like to see a little bit more car customization, a few select bodykits for each car, a much bigger and updated wheel selection as well as the same thing for GT wings

Just for example's, take a look at Mike Garrett/Auto-Otaku's photo's, the car's he takes pics of, I want to be able to build in GT

The RX-7 here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/auto-otaku/2886614501/in/set-72157607486640219/

These cars
http://www.flickr.com/photos/auto-otaku/2886616339/in/set-72157607486640219/

Unique body kits
http://www.flickr.com/photos/auto-otaku/2887453702/in/set-72157607486640219/

Maybe even more of a "track day" theme like here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/auto-otaku/2887453246/in/set-72157607486640219/

nice foto's
And yes i rmember it very well, have played gt2 for a lpong time, find the disk yesterday so i checked it again on my psx. how great was it indeed bying an second handed car and just modify it, i really, really hope this feature is implanted in some way. i hope it is better and more parts though for gt5.

Oh and do something about that freaking AI! and yes it is mentioned many times but i believe that these 2 things are on the top list of every GT oldie.

Everything is said before but this what i want
1-Racing modification like GT-1 & 2
2-Backfire like GT4 but with more fire like this
backfire.jpg

and this
2422887774_67d59c11d4.jpg

3-exhaust explosions
4-Car body Damage
5-Smoke, lots of smoke

I haven't read through all 130 pages, so don't kill me if this has been said, but I would love it if they had a visual model of the car within the tuning area of the game. I'm a visual person, so I want to see what the changes I'm making in camber, toe, caster, etc. are doing to the car. Hell, it'd be cool if they had an option to animate the car (like make it "go" and then "brake") to see how the options that I can't necessarily see (like rigidity) are effecting the way it performs.

After all, we're not all pro tuners here.

Hell, it'd be cool if they had an option to animate the car (like make it "go" and then "brake") to see how the options that I can't necessarily see (like rigidity) are effecting the way it performs.

That's an interesting point, it's like a progression from what they have in Live For Speed, where you can see the impact on the suspension from the driver and fuel going in, and the ability to "drop" the car to see how the springs and damper settings react.

- Rolling fog and mist
- Motorbikes
- Helicopters in the background (recording the races)
- Ability to take any care and "upgrade" it with racing decals etc.
- Building on what has already been suggested, a free roaming area for people to just cruise around.

Why!? Go play GTA IV for christ sake..

Don't be so harsh, he's talking about what other people have suggested, which is pretty much a parking lot with people able to meet and show off their cars, and maybe organize races. Like Home, but with cars.

Why!? Go play GTA IV for christ sake..
Why so hard on the guy? Its not a bad idea actually. A free roam would be ideal, Especially for,

Car Purchase: You could drive to a Dealership and purchase the car

Tuning: You could drive into a tuning shop and have your car fitted with things like Brembo Brakes, OZ Racing Wheels, C-West front bumper, Razo Side skirts and many other parts.

Track Time: You can drive to the track for gatherings like Testing, Track days, Practice, Qualifying, and racing.

So Free roam isn't necessarily a bad idea.

Yeah, I'll just drive my NISMO GT-R GT500 down to the local tune shop :odd:. A free roam mode involving public roads, absolutely not. It doesn't fit in with the theme of GT at all which is realism and regardless it would ware thin. Having a large lot or free roaming test area is an altogether different kettle of fish and I'd be totally open to that. Just not to get me to the showrooms and tune shops etc.

Hi POLYPHONY ......... i know you guys are looking at our great forum ...........I think i have a really good idea for you......

ever since i saw FIFA commentary on ps3 and TOP GEAR "put a star in the car" i can't stop wondering.......can we do the replays with Jeremy Clarksons remarks based on our performance at the top gear track?(slow at gambon, fast through hammerhead , Like butter on the road!, THat was QUICK! ETC.) i would love to hear his remarks on the music also.............and then maybe we can post them in HOME for all your friends to hear Jeremys remarks AT YOUR HOME.......what do you guys think?

readers : If anyone is intrested in this idea along with me please email polyphony directly too....thanks guys and gals

Just my two cents .....

or maybe there should be online commentator for the races.. for example, if there's a drift event, maybe drift king himself or some other BMI staffer, or pro drifter could comment on the performance of the drivers.

What would be cool is a 24 hour endurance race that involves night/day race.... so for instance a team will have 4-5 players, each player will race a number of hours according to the time they have to do it and then pit and drivers will change by online connections... and then an extra race driver will be in spectate mode or w/e in case the person has to leave for any reason

I don't know if this has been said; and don't fancy reading 2628 posts! :crazy:

The ability to change the sensitivity and deadzone of the controller (SixAxis users)
Graphs showing your performance for each car for each track.. Like Formula 1.
Play music from mp3's on the PS3 hard disc, and make up playlists.
Ability to customise the cars (as said before), add own decals made on the PC(usb stick) or PS3. People want their car to be unique!
The ability to buy people's cars that they are selling... Like an ebay for GT based on GT credits.

I don't know if this has been said; and don't fancy reading 2628 posts! :crazy:

The ability to change the sensitivity and deadzone of the controller (SixAxis users)
Graphs showing your performance for each car for each track.. Like Formula 1.
Play music from mp3's on the PS3 hard disc, and make up playlists.
Ability to customise the cars (as said before), add own decals made on the PC(usb stick) or PS3. People want their car to be unique!
The ability to buy people's cars that they are selling... Like an ebay for GT based on GT credits.

Unfortunately, Microsoft already has that patent for the 360 so thats kinda out of reach.

Unfortunately, Microsoft already has that patent for the 360 so thats kinda out of reach.

what does that mean?? ps3 games never have it so you can put ur own music on, why??

Anyways who would love yearly online chimpionship modes. What I mean is, have it so cars have between 450 & 500 BHP. So, how it works is all the cars in the championship have been modded into race cars by the drivers, and have it two drivers per team. Then, In january, PD could host the entrie races, so, 80 or so drivers(40 teams) all enter seprate races of 10 and which ever team has the most total points wins the entrie race and is entered into the championship. then the day after, there is the sencond entrie race where the winning team is entered until all 80 drivers have raced and winning teams of each entrie race have been entered. This means, 16 drivers(8 teams) will been in the championship where a race is held every month for a year. And the team or driver who win the championship could even get special car.

Who likes the idea??

what does that mean?? ps3 games never have it so you can put ur own music on, why??

It means only Xbox users can play MP3s over the in-game music becasue Microsoft already had the patent for it.

One of the firmware updates a while ago now had the feature added, in only games that support it (as mentioned in the above post), but the option for developers is there.

or maybe there should be online commentator for the races.. for example, if there's a drift event, maybe drift king himself or some other BMI staffer, or pro drifter could comment on the performance of the drivers.

Pre-recorded or live commentary?

If it's the latter, no chance.

You may like this idea now, but wait until the douchebags get hold of it.

"LOLOLOLOLOL DIS GUY SUX0RZ LOLOLOLOL"

The patent must've expired or something. Because I know you can use custom soundtracks on Burnout Paradise and MC: LA. Among others.

Last edited:
More of a realistic idea of tuned sounds and a better perspective of speed.

I mean it might be difficult without giving every player a massive G-Force making simulator, but i mean the speeds you go at seem sort of flat if you understand me.

And if you listen to a video of a semi-tuned car like in impreza or something, then go tune your GT impreza with the same mods, it sounds nowhere near the same.

ALSO:

I like the free roam idea, but how about around the close area such as a track day, you can drive to carparks within the track. Like the GT4 menu except a sort of "gt" town.

Last edited:
Like other's have already said, Introducing more of the courses (in-field, rest area's, inner pit area) would be nice, like being able to drive from the parking lot or your pit area in the in-field to the entrance to the course
(like this -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/auto-otaku/2887447666/sizes/o/in/set-72157607486640219/)

Basically letting us have access to the entire course area, not just the track, giving player's a real feeling of a track day

Another thing would be season-appropriate courses, say it's fall in the game calender, then show courses with the grass starting to die, winter in Tsukuba ?, make it snow, etc, I get tired of seeing the same course in the same shape for month's straight, not a d@mn thing changing, let see some torn-up grass or dust/dirt on the track every now and then

Back