Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Interior: Another thing mentioned by RAVELLRON - interior customization. Say I bought a new car out of a showroom... it should come totally stock - seatbelts, tires (look below), trim, everything. And when I modify, the mods should show up. If I strip out the interior with weight reduction, that should show... the seat would be replaced by a racing seat with harnesses should I modify it, if I fit a racing steering wheel that should show up.

If they did that they'd have a tiny amount of cars in the game.

Well, certain things would be easy to do like changing the steering wheel but to re-fit the entire interior would take ages. you could perhaps have the option of a carbon dash which would just be a re-texturing job, it wouldn't be totally realistic since the interior would be the same only Carbon Fibre textured but it'd do a job imo. But to customise the entire interior would be a hassel for the developers, I think time would be the killer to make something like that work.

And I think Photomode is a dead cert - there is already a GT5:P photo gallery on here, I think.
Not everyone has a HD capture card to do proper pictures, i want an in-game photomode with camera control & photoeffects, not screenshots.

EDIT: Ah lol, i got you wrong sorry. ;)
Well lets hope they will make it, was one of my fav features in GT4.

Last edited:
Well, certain things would be easy to do like changing the steering wheel but to re-fit the entire interior would take ages. you could perhaps have the option of a carbon dash which would just be a re-texturing job, it wouldn't be totally realistic since the interior would be the same only Carbon Fibre textured but it'd do a job imo. But to customise the entire interior would be a hassel for the developers, I think time would be the killer to make something like that work.

if its true that to do a car they spent 3 month and 180 person i think that a roll bar, a seatbelt and a steeringwheel they could also put in without difficult.. if you look accurately in concept by gt it seems that also bonnet will be an item to change and is not difficult to put also in... they spent 5 year nearly to do such a game and i don't believe they will not put something different and new than previus gt....:)

Certain things can be more generic than others. Ofcourse I expect the roll cage to be modelled, sometihng like that isn't difficult. But to remodel an entire interior which is a very complex thing to model would take a lot of man hours. The lenth of time modeling a car is split almost in half by the time taken on the exterior and the time on the interior. One thing PD are doing that helps is modelinng the cars in parts, this is why they can show these Concept by GT cars with different bonnets and such. Modelling the seatbelts, I'm not too fussed tbh, but modelling a stripped out race version of every cars interior complete with race switch gear is a big big ask. Your essentially in that one single mod adding 50% extra workload in the modeling time hours and costs for each car with that one feature. Creating an additional bonne, bumper or wheels etc can be done in extra time, it's a relatively small job in comparison and in the same time you could probably model an aftermarket bonnet and bumper for 5 or 6 cars as it would take to model a complete alternative interior for one. It's all about time, modelling time for the cars and such in GT5 is (or so PD wil have us to beleive) a precious thing. What we will get in GT5 car, track and visual mods wise will not be limited by licensing and disk space, it will be limited by time. PD will have to prioritise, do they offer 1 additional interior but 1 3rd less cars or do they not bother with the interiors and offer more after market body mods instead. It's something we can't answer yet, but from a hypothetical standpoint I can think of more reasons not to than I can to.

yes, but i think that there will be a shop where buy many things for the interior and why not exterior... i tell this cuz for PD will be a occasion to add new items in psn update to get us spend money like they will do with special cars and tracks... try look also belts, are really detailed, why not include different kinds???
if you look in clio v6/tuned you will see original belt inside car, and green belt in seat, its an error... like if they put with editor a seat with belts.....

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it can't, shouldn't or won't happen where we can customise interiors. If it does happen then DLC certainly would seem the most logical avenue to include it at least in any notable detail. But the concerning factor is that this is all taking time to model and right now time is the one thing that will limit what we get in GT5 more than anything else in terms of modeled content. With that in mind I don't think spending the time required to offer an all new interior for each car is nearly as high on the list as offering performance enhancing body parts for each car. And with time being the key here if something has to be ignored then I'm all for ignoring custom interiors over ignoring custom aero mods and additional cars.

I'd like to see a proper bloody handbrake. The current GT4 handbrake takes way too much time to get the rear to swing around... handbraking & sliding around the last two haripins at Costa di Amalfi is fairly frustrating, and it shouldn't be down to luck. And driving round "properly" - i.e. no sliding - takes too long...

Come on Kaz, how are we to employ advanced driving techniques if we can't properly use the handbrake? It's not just for holding the car on a hill, you know :sly:

Handbrake was fixed way back in GTHD demo of 2006. Swings easy now.

to remind me in interior customization, i will not believe that in a ps3 next gen console, in weight reduction you will not see with your eyes the difference inside the car than before... i'm not telling to replace a new interior but add belt, remove seat and such a things..
there must be a kinds of solution in a product like gt5 to make difference than older one...

however this is my wishlist:...

- damage, damage, damage, damage......
- customize cockpit from seat to gauges....
- realistic dust
- when i buy a muffler i want see it, ex, sport muffler inox, racing muffler titan..
- when i get rims decide the inches..
- a tuning shop with brands...
- a possibility to drift impossible car like bliz with my DFP :):):) (for me its almost impossible still)

- better AI (but for me this will never happen, cuz the majority of people play gt are noobs)
- and speak with PD staff in future...

Customization of cockpits was examined earlier... if you're talking about full-blown interior customization, that's pretty much impossible. But if you're just talking about guages, seats, trim colour, or even the steering wheel, that could be a possibility.

I too want damage... I'm not really fussed about exterior damage, but mechanical damage would be brilliant, i.e wheels, suspension components, collapsing suspension, steering, gearbox, etc.

And there are drifting tutorials on the site ;)

But if you're just talking about guages, seats, trim colour, or even the steering wheel, that could be a possibility.

Thats what I am hoping for. Gauges, seat, steering wheel, hopefully a roll cage and other small stuff. We already know from GT5P they have some off the shelf gauges, wheels and seats modelled.

Last edited:
Thats what I am hoping for. Gauges, seat, steering wheel, hopefully a roll cage and other small stuff. We already know from GT5P they have some off the shelf gauges, wheels and seats modelled.

yes for me are enough.... also bonnet will be in carbon look i think and also small things like clips in the bonnet... however you'll have the possibility to customize a car not like nfs but like gt is focus for...

the interior ideas are great... and yeah, modifications to be made visible too, i want to see my new exhaust..... but especially for the tires, i have Rs on i want to see no tread, if Ns are on, the stock production tires and Ss so semi slicks of your choice maybe like A048 or R888 and so on...

yes for me are enough.... also bonnet will be in carbon look i think and also small things like clips in the bonnet... however you'll have the possibility to customize a car not like nfs but like gt is focus for...

I was only talking about Interior in that post but yeah, Carbon bonnet (also doors, fenders, trunk etc) and bonnet clips would be very easy to implement among other things.

So we saying body and visual stuff...

Carbon for some parts
Decals after market ones
Wide wheel list
Spoilers

How about lights?
Neon lol NO!
paint parts

exhaust change lol

Wide BODYKIT! (now Im just starting Need For Speed :lol)

Now, not all bodykits are symbolistic of NFS games - look at some Super GT (formerly JGTC) cars. They have bodykits that conrubute to the aerodynamics, rather than just for show. If PD included bodykits that actually do something, I'm all for it 👍

jgtc-supra-02.jpg

Also, yet another few words on the interior customization - if I got all the weight reduction mods, I'd want to see a stripped out interior.

Now, you may think that this is more modelling work, but not so - I think it would be easy, providing they model the interior like real car manufacturers do - that is, do the bare metal FIRST, and then add the interior trim onto it. Then, if you specify a naked, stripped out cockpit, it would just be the simple matter of getting rid of the interior trim modelling, leaving the nakedness that it was modelled onto.

Sorry, I suck at explaining things... :lol:

Last edited:
Now, you may think that this is more modelling work, but not so - I think it would be easy, providing they model the interior like real car manufacturers do - that is, do the bare metal FIRST, and then add the interior trim onto it. Then, if you specify a naked, stripped out cockpit, it would just be the simple matter of getting rid of the interior trim modelling, leaving the nakedness that it was modelled onto.

That would require PD to have modelled most interiors twice! Once without trim, once with trim. At easiest they would have to model the full interior with no trim at all (lots of work look how complex the Blitz ER34 trim less interior is), then model each peice trim seperatly and add it ontop.
Then how would they know what most cars look like without trim, if you look at the Blitz ER34 in GT5P they have modeled the naked doors with all the detailed pressed shapes, the door handle linkages, the pressed (detailed) sheetmetal rear bulkhead etc etc.

Maybe they could remove the passenger front seat pretty easy without much work and add a carbon texture layer to appear as a carbon replacment part but I can't see them going too far into weight reduction visually in the interior.

It'd be great if you could sell/trade cars online... maybe even write an ad description for it.

For instance, for my Corvette in GT4, it would be:

FOR SALE: 1969 Chevrolet Corvette, in silver. Mint condition, beautiful example. Modifications are racing transmission and wheels from a 1970 Charger. All else is stock. Vehicle systems/electronics all work perfectly. Absolutely beautiful, and a great drive. For details/test drive, visit EJRocky. 89,000cr.

However, I'm not selling my Vette for the world... I would have put the mileage in but I forgot what it was :dunce:

The mention of the electronics/systems would be neccessary due to advanced damage modelling - things like lights fizzling out, vehicle systems not operating correctly, things like that. My name is a hyperlink to take the reader right to my homepage. The "homepage" thing suggests a Bebo/MySpace-style online network, where you can make a profile for other players to see - send messages, sell cars, things like that. Those would be awesome =]

Last edited:
It'd be great if you could sell/trade cars online... maybe even write an ad description for it

I think Forza does that , or something like that , on line auctions for the car ?
not a bad idea.

Yea we need more player interaction in online, auctions, friends, invites, private rooms, voice and the modifying cars needs a revamp lol its been here from GT1. Need to see aftermarket exhaust etc.. and it needs to sound better also. Engine transfers would be nice.

Yeah in Forza you can trade cars online, it lists the cars specs and you can see a picture of what it looks like. 99% of the cars have a custom livery except and proper race cars being sold since you can't edit thoes.

+1 to the engine transfers. Also, there could be engines for sale that aren't in any stock car... for instance, pro racing engines - NHRA drag engine, Super GT spec engine, F1 engine... plus there could be an online parts auction room too, where you can sell parts and engines for credits.

It would be great to see more extensive car modification. I want to be able to take a totally stock car and be able to chop the roof, modify the wheelarches, add widebody, things like that. Basically, you should be able to modify a stock 350Z from this:

2003-350z.jpg

To THIS:

RaybrigNSX25.jpg

Drivetrain mods would be great too... the ability to buy parts to switch, say, an FF car into an FR, or a 4WD. Or a 4WD to FR, for drifting. Or an FF/FR two 4WD for rallying... the possibilities could be endless 👍

Back