Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
I agree that a racecar modification like from GT1 and 2 would be awesome, but that example is imo too extreme. The modern Super GT cars dont have modified stock bodies (at least not cars like the GT-R GT500 for example). They have completely for racing made carbon bodies. Or at least that option should be limited to complete racing mods, but not part by part, if you know what i mean.^^

Btw. had anyone already the idea of a track editor?
Im dreaming about this since PS1 times, even when i know that this is almost impossible.

I agree that a racecar modification like from GT1 and 2 would be awesome, but that example is imo too extreme. The modern Super GT cars dont have modified stock bodies (at least not cars like the GT-R GT500 for example). They have completely for racing made carbon bodies. Or at least that option should be limited to complete racing mods, but not part by part, if you know what i mean.^^

Btw. had anyone already the idea of a track editor?
Im dreaming about this since PS1 times, even when i know that this is almost impossible.

would be nice track editor..... impossible:sly:

about the car modification, for me they will let us mod interiors, more realistic about a gran turismo custom car...
in the cappuccino i notice that rims are not the in original inches so i hope they finally let choose it... in the cappuccino there is a sticker that said cappuccino, i'm wondering about it....:sly:

I, personally, would like to see some improvements to the Nurburgring Nordschleife, spectator-wise. I'm certain there is not a single spectator around the place.

I'd like to see some people around the trackside, to add to the atmosphere, at places like Hatzenbach to Aremberg, Flugplatz, camper vans & tents in the area surrounding Fuchsrohre, maybe a few in Kesselchen, some in Klostertal, outlining the Karussell... there are many places for people to watch, yet there are none. It feels as if you're racing for nobody... I like spectators viewing and cheering me on, horns blazing, like in, say, the Grand Canyon dirt circuit 👍

Don't flame me for this, but Forza #1 got it spot on in terms of Nurburgring spectators. It really felt as if I was there.

Yeah, i also played the Nürburgring_v2 mod (i think it was made for GTR) in M3 Challenge and they also nailed that atmosphere. I agree with you but im also confident.
Just look at tracks like Eiger or London, there are a lot of 3D spectators and the 2D guys from the tribunes are also cool imo. :)

"B" - Spec Driver :

Lets enhance this feature. Let us either hire "B" - spec drivers with the ability to maybe have 4 on your race team. Or at least let us give him a name and choose his jump suit, race helmet, gloves etc. What about online "B" - spec driver races for kicks? Or what if you could enter some longer races with two cars, yours and your "B" - spec driver. Go heads up with your "B" - spec driver in arcade. If we could hire and fire "B" - spec drivers, how about hiring "B" - spec drivers from a online pool of "B" - spec drivers.

Another feature I would like would be if the A.I. was actually made up of "B" -spec drivers. Meaning all A.I. drivers have a name etc. to help personalize the game and make it more real. Then perhaps from time to time an A.I. driver may approach you for a job. Then to throw icing on the cake A.I. drivers would develope over time just like "B" - spec. All of this means is that if say you do a race over weeks later or even days later, you may face a field of differnt cars and even differnt A.I. drivers. Then throw in skill levels that would flucate and we should really start to see some variances in races.

**** I guess to much for GT5, but maybe GT6 !

Realistic Camera Views: While some of the cameras have been fairly decent (favorite one is Maison Blanche at Circuit De La Sarthe), I'd like an option where the entire replay has camera angles true to what we see on T.V. For instance, this is what we normally would see during a replay at Suzuka:

I would like it better if the entire replay looked more like this(minus the last 7 seconds):

"B" - Spec Driver :

Lets enhance this feature. Let us either hire "B" - spec drivers with the ability to maybe have 4 on your race team. Or at least let us give him a name and choose his jump suit, race helmet, gloves etc. What about online "B" - spec driver races for kicks? Or what if you could enter some longer races with two cars, yours and your "B" - spec driver. Go heads up with your "B" - spec driver in arcade. If we could hire and fire "B" - spec drivers, how about hiring "B" - spec drivers from a online pool of "B" - spec drivers.

Another feature I would like would be if the A.I. was actually made up of "B" -spec drivers. Meaning all A.I. drivers have a name etc. to help personalize the game and make it more real. Then perhaps from time to time an A.I. driver may approach you for a job. Then to throw icing on the cake A.I. drivers would develope over time just like "B" - spec. All of this means is that if say you do a race over weeks later or even days later, you may face a field of differnt cars and even differnt A.I. drivers. Then throw in skill levels that would flucate and we should really start to see some variances in races.

**** I guess to much for GT5, but maybe GT6 !

I really like the idea alot. It makes B-Spec Bob alittle more useful and it actually would make B-spec mode alot more enjoyable to watch. I also like the idea of the various A.I. skill levels, it would definately add a more unpredictable element. As far as naming them, thats very interesting.

Last edited:

I agree that "racing mods" and simple weight reductions should be seperate mods, however, I'm pretty sure that the description of the stage 3 weight reduction says something like "replaces the car's body with a carbon fiber one."
I think it would be cool if stage 3 weight reduction gave you the option of having all the body panels replaced with carbon ones (which you could actually see), since I'm doubtful that PD is ever gonna give us "racing mods" again.

I agree that "racing mods" and simple weight reductions should be seperate mods, however, I'm pretty sure that the description of the stage 3 weight reduction says something like "replaces the car's body with a carbon fiber one."
I think it would be cool if stage 3 weight reduction gave you the option of having all the body panels replaced with carbon ones (which you could actually see), since I'm doubtful that PD is ever gonna give us "racing mods" again.

why not????
they must put in ps3 and next gen game....
would be awful if you clean the car from interior and in race you don't see difference than before.... its not ps2, is ps3...
and in wikipedia they spoke about interior modding... so your answer is this...
for me this gt5 will be nearly definitive, there will be online update to repair bugs, for cars, track, damage, and many things.. in gt4 there were stage 3 weight reduction, why they wouldn't put also in this...

No, I'm 100% sure that stage 3 weight reductions will be included in GT5. I'm equally sure that "racing mods" ala GT2 will not be included in GT5, or further GT installments. That's why I think that stage 3 weight reductions should include the option of having your car's body replaced with a carbon fiber one. If racing mods such as aero components and body kits are included in GT5 I will be giddy as a schoolgirl, but I don't want to get my hopes up, because I expected them in GT3 and GT4 after GT2, and was really disappointed when they didn't show up.

yeah, i was hpoing after GT2 that they would improve on the tuning part, but nothing all we've had were wings tht most of the time didnt look good..
i want interior modifications, gauges, roll cage, stripped out... and splitters, canards, diffusors....

I'd like more advanced FF effects. For instance, in a front wheel drive car, if you wheelspin, the whole car judders... it's not a smooth thing. If you wheelspin in GT5, the wheel should judder violently. I experienced this first hand in my mate's 106 :P

Also, if PD let us puncture the tires, it should "bump" on one side... if you have a DFP, connect it to the PC, then go to the properties screen - you can select a number of FF effects to test it... PD should use the "Puncture" and "Wooden Bridge" effects in GT5 :D

And one more thing on FF... PD, for the love of god, please stop the violent shaking at 200mph in an LMP/F1!

I can't stand it...

Last edited:
online qualification races. that way, slower drivers and crashers would drive in lower class, whereas fast and clean racers would be racing in higher class. this would also be reflected in the amount of prize money you get. Also, driving character/B-spec driver development alá RPG style.. improve reaction time, vision, stamina, whether he's better suited on rally or track, open one seaters or dragsters etc..

Well I'd like a one fairly minor thing, an extra view choice during driving/racing. The view would basically be the current interior view, but with the seat moved rite up to the steering, so all that you would see is the top of the very tip of the top of the steering wheel, then more windscreen and more bonnet.

I just dont like seeing two steering wheels infront of me. Also, I feeling I'm not seeing enough with the in-car view

With the camera right upto the dash you'll see even less, you won't be able to see the opposite corner at the front or what's passing near side until it's actually ahead. You lose a lot of peripheral vision as it is, moving the camera further fowards will mean you lose even more. Still, there would be no harm in offering the choice if that's your preference.

-> This just came up out of my bored little brain.

PLAYER FILTRATION SYSTEM
-> This would be very effective on online races. As you play off-line the game observes your overall performance on average against CPU opponents. And as you go online the system will par you against similar opponents on the same level. Much more advanced compared to the plain A-spec. This also eliminates unfair advantages on other players against you and to alieviate those $#!++% players that keeps you getting off the course. :)

ENHANCED CONNECTIVITY
-> Pretty self-explainatory.

;)

Same here... along with bigger smoke, and reverse lights. I know, there's been a lot of argument about reverse lights, but it makes it more realistic... the little things build up, you know.

I know it sounds small and it might have been already mentioned in the 100 odd pages before this, but online drag racing against eachother would be good. :dopey: Nothing like NFS:PS, just what we already have in GT.

I think you should be able to have importable and exportable settings.
Whether this be Over the internet or via a memory stick.
Make the feature so you can upload them onto the internet and give them to other people without all the fuss about getting them right.

This would also help with Tuner Challenges etc.

I bet someone think of this before.
In FM you are able to choose REGION.
Asia, Europe, N.America

How about Gran Turismo uses same feature? Australia, N.America, Asia, Europe, etc etc...
In FM you choose N.America, you can still buy cars from Asia, but more expensive... how about having in GT5 only common cars be there for you to buy but the cars that are exclusive to the country, you can't buy.
Then lats say I choose NA. I can still buy a Japanese Civic, but the more exclusive cars like the ASL cars, Suzuki Cappucino, I just can not buy unless I buy it from ONLINE AUCTION ?
What you guys think? (but do make Japanese cars still be right hand side even if bought from US.)

My other idea is about replays. Custom angles and VIDEO editor. GT4 had Photomode, GT5 needs Photomode and Video Editor.

I always hated the region selector in FM, it just seems like they only half did it. If I were to design the system I would have made it so there was also a different set of races along with each region. This would have essentially tripled the playing time of single player.

Also I would like to at least change the color of a car without having to buy a new one.

Since now in GT5P you can switch Brake Bias, Traction controlls, Distribution power, etc.. while in game. It would be nice to turn on 4x4 and 4x2 for some of the SUVs and Trucks.

Also I would like to at least change the color of a car without having to buy a new one.

gt5_online_details.jpg

Coloring / Livery Editor

Hmm sounds like we might get that as you wish.

Since now in GT5P you can switch Brake Bias, Traction controlls, Distribution power, etc.. while in game. It would be nice to turn on 4x4 and 4x2 for some of the SUVs and Trucks.

gt5_online_details.jpg

Coloring / Livery Editor

Hmm sounds like we might get that as you wish.

when gt5 comes that would make me play it 5 hours a day insted of 2

1. race builder tool - used for creating your own online events ?
2. number plate editor - ????? no clue anybody ?
3. spectator mode - used just to watch races rather than participate ?
4. team builder - online racing teams ? be my guess.
5. club builder - kind of ties in with team builder ? ideas ?

I think all else is self explanatory.

1. race builder tool - used for creating your own online events ? most likely.
2. number plate editor - ????? no clue anybody ? You can make your own register plates, naturally...
3. spectator mode - used just to watch races rather than participate ? works for drift events.
4. team builder - online racing teams ? be my guess. Hmmm.. I see this as Tuner team feature.. :sly:
5. club builder - kind of ties in with team builder ? ideas ? Audi Fanclub, ring a bell? something along those lines I think.

indeed..

That's an old picture. Not that it means we won't be getting that stuff, just don't count on all of it.

1. race builder tool - used for creating your own online events ?
2. number plate editor - ????? no clue anybody ?
3. spectator mode - used just to watch races rather than participate ?
4. team builder - online racing teams ? be my guess.
5. club builder - kind of ties in with team builder ? ideas ?

That is my take on your questions.

1. Yes, I think it is to create your own race events online. AKA Private rooms with custom rules.

2. Number Plate Editor is simply Custom License Plate. One you find in back of your car.

3. Yes, just to spectate events, I bet lets say some championships are coming with best names in racing, people can be able to spectate.. (I worry about lag issues or how it's going to work) maybe a online replay.

4. Yes Online racing team. Kaz always mention he wanted to create TEAMS and CLUBS online. On the bulletin, there is a Coloring / Livery Editor meaning you will be able to have your own team stickers and maybe cool paint jobs.

5. Just like 4, but a CLUB not a race team. More like I love FORD Racing, I will create FORD RACING fun club, think of it like Facebook ;)

I think everyone is on the same page when it comes to what KAZ wants.

That's an old picture. Not that it means we won't be getting that stuff, just don't count on all of it.

How do you know we wont get the stuff? Sure all features won't be there since day ONE, but we will have DL content of it.
This is what KAZ expects for GT5 to be in online department, it is his standard. Its good since its a old pic because he knows people look at it and expect everything on it.

Cool, thanks

That is my take on your questions.

1. Yes, I think it is to create your own race events online. AKA Private rooms with custom rules.

2. Number Plate Editor is simply Custom License Plate. One you find in back of your car.

3. Yes, just to spectate events, I bet lets say some championships are coming with best names in racing, people can be able to spectate.. (I worry about lag issues or how it's going to work) maybe a online replay.

4. Yes Online racing team. Kaz always mention he wanted to create TEAMS and CLUBS online. On the bulletin, there is a Coloring / Livery Editor meaning you will be able to have your own team stickers and maybe cool paint jobs.

5. Just like 4, but a CLUB not a race team. More like I love FORD Racing, I will create FORD RACING fun club, think of it like Facebook ;)

I think everyone is on the same page when it comes to what KAZ wants.

How do you know we wont get the stuff? Sure all features won't be there since day ONE, but we will have DL content of it.
This is what KAZ expects for GT5 to be in online department, it is his standard. Its good since its a old pic because he knows people look at it and expect everything on it.

Cool,thanks as well.
Hopefully,all that is on the board is really coming. keeping fingers crossed. LOL

Back