Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
Why don't some people like the idea of pretending that your car can perform at its peak all of the time every time. That's also why I hate the idea of permanent power loss in a sony game after you rack up so many kms.

Because people like it to reflect real life. We already have tyre-wear and less shiny cars and people are also asking for damage, skid marks, working headlights, reverse lights and wipers. There is obviously a huge fan movement towards wanting these elements and PD seem willing to try and implement as many of them as they can.

Comment removed at my own discretion, I doubt it would rile anyone up, but who knows........

Last edited:
Can any of you explain to me how you will be able to work the effects for Brake Fade, while simultanesouly have the Tire Wear going on? Seems kind of pointless to me to have both. Kind of difficult to implement both factors as well. Would brake fade become a factor in a 5 lap race anyway?

Brake fade depends on the brakes not the tyres, so yes there would be a point in having both. And if your driving your everyday road car, yes you would experience brake fady within 5 laps of your average circuit.

With regards to the difficulty of implementing the feature, I don't see why it would be that hard. It would take research to get it as close to right as they can but in terms of simply make brakes fade over use then I don't see any reason for it to be difficult.

i'd love to see some psp compatability, rear view mirror or dials would be cool and has been done before so it is possible

I dont know if that was mentioned before:

- Possibility to customize the driver -

- helmet,
- suit,
- gloves,
- boot

and creating the driver profile

- height and weight (as Tourist Trophy).

:D

- helmet,
- suit,
- gloves,
- boot

I'll second that.:cheers: Although I think just "suit" and "helmet" options would be enough. You don't see height, weight, or boots often enough to bother. So boots and gloves could/should be tied with suit.

Probably posted and lost in the misdt of the thread, but i would love to see full stat tracking on online races, and rewards/sponsored races by PD.

Races where you could win speacial/rare cars, and stats so you can see better who you up against and also because it's another excuse to have more rankings:)

Brake fade depends on the brakes not the tyres, so yes there would be a point in having both. And if your driving your everyday road car, yes you would experience brake fady within 5 laps of your average circuit.

With regards to the difficulty of implementing the feature, I don't see why it would be that hard. It would take research to get it as close to right as they can but in terms of simply make brakes fade over use then I don't see any reason for it to be difficult.

Yeah, I'm aware that brake fade affects the brakes, and tire wear affects the tires. What I'm saying is, they seem so simliar that to me, that it would be more annoying than realistic. But, I approve of it nonetheless.

- helmet,
- suit,
- gloves,
- boot

I actually put this on the previous page lol. Nice to know other people agree. Wouldn't it be cool to have like your own custom logo on the race suit?

it's been a while since I posted in here (I plugged a Cameo for KY).

so, people are actually demanding working headlights and having the backups come on? i thought people didn't give a crap about the lights and stuff, that it was all wanting to race. Opinions must have changed...
if that's gonna work that way, them I'm gonna ask them to make sure ALL the lights are on where necessary, including America's required by law side markers on every vehicle that has them. also...how 'bout an off switch or a "markers only" mode for evening or morning runs. hell, I'd like to see what the standard tracks look like night-lit (or a daylight run on night tracks)

Love too have brake fading, i love Porsche and they have the best brakes in the world, so i can say bye bye at Bmw after 2 laps, Amg after 3 laps and ferrari after 4 a 5 laps.
Porsche rules at braking(specialy brake-fading)

Sprint Tracks i know GT isnt that kind of game but i would love to go for a drive in the mountains for a change, Uphill/downhill initial D Style ;P even rally stages would be nice.

How about having TWO online modes.

One traditional online mode with everything you expect to be; online racing, events, private rooms, etc etc.. You can only use cars that you win from single play career.

Other mode is ONLINE CAREER
It's all events that are in SINGLE play but you play online. So you start from scratch, and can not use use any cars or credits that you win from single play. Now that would be freaking amazing! Just make more limitations to have closer races. And winnable cars would be much harder to find. That's where online dealer would come in handy.

Last edited:
My ideas:

900 degree steering wheel animation
Different types of steering wheel animations e.g. drifting.
Skid marks on tracks.
Better Online gaming

I would love to see/see more:
Track Day Cars
Motorcycles
Nascars
Indy Cars
Formula Cars
Old Race Cars

UUUUUM - Thread title is : Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars.

Hint : use search bar up top , plenty of car wishlists are there. 👍 , trying to help you out as I see your new. Welcome aboard though. :)

UUUUUM - Thread title is : Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars.

Hint : use search bar up top , plenty of car wishlists are there. 👍 , trying to help you out as I see your new. Welcome aboard though. :)

:( Wrong thread, I thought this was: "Stuff that people hope will be included or improved on in GT5"

Don't worry about it, mistakes are easy to make :).

An online career mode would be interesting, I can imagine it being a nightmare to get rolling production wise but if it worked that would be an amazing feature. I might get fed up with finishing in the bottom half of the positions table almost every race though ;).

Hmm, let me think now about things other than cars I'd like to see.

I would love to be able to pick options for my car when I am buying it, for example, the new M3 I would love to be able to pick Sedan, Coupe, or Convertible. The interior color as well as the exterior, 6-speed Manual or M-DCT. OEM 18's or 19's, that would be really cool!

Also, I would love to see a place where users and friends can meet up and display their car, mods, and then race (drag, slalom, drift, burn out, etc).

I want to see how the power graph changes with any given modification before purchasing it. Previously you had to purchase it first then go look at your power curve, extremely dodgy when deciding between a turbo or N/A tuning which both make similar power.

How about some night races in GT5

+1.

I'd also like to see changeable weather conditions in GT5. Such as rain, and then the track drying and also in the 24 hour races, it should actually go dark at night.

+1.

I'd also like to see changeable weather conditions in GT5. Such as rain, and then the track drying and also in the 24 hour races, it should actually go dark at night.

in an old interview KY said that the weather or rain will be in some tracks and not in all... i suppose that one of them will be tsukuba like in gt4 and i thought that the rain or weather will miss nordschleife cuz to much higher to elaborate than tsukuba...:indiff:

Hmm, imagine trying to wrestle a 1970's ATCC touring car around Bathurst in the wet. Brocky did it but I have a feeling we might struggle.:sly:

In other words, yes I want variable weather for as many tracks as possible.

Hmm, imagine trying to wrestle a 1970's ATCC touring car around Bathurst in the wet. Brocky did it but I have a feeling we might struggle.:sly:

In other words, yes I want variable weather for as many tracks as possible.

Actually, thats what I want. A HDT holden. wet weather and Bathurst. How fun would that be, or just ridiculously hard.

Latest Posts

Back