Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
That post warmed my heart. You might like to read these threads. They were full of all kinds of wonderful discussion along the lines of your post.

Official changes needed to GT4/ things wanted for GT5 thread (my post is near top)

My concept for Career Mode

How Would a More Realistic Racing-Oriented Model of GT Work?

Racing Modifications in GT5: Sponsorship Discussion

Gran Turismo mode for GT5

I think these would be great threads to re-explore to spark further discussion for GT5 and future Gran Turismos.

Some of the best GT5 ideals can be found in these links that Tenaciuos D has gathered. I had almost forgotten about them, even though I have posted in several of them. A good read for all is what I would say.

id like to see the car interior get stripped the more you lighten the car, weather 24hr days, clock, sunsets are a must:)

i would love to be able to build my own engine right down to selecting parts and tightening the bolts up to the right torque, also polishing heads, polish too much and you trash the head polish too little and you are not getting the most out of it. would like the whole process to be over incremental so that no engine is the same.

once fully built you could dyno the engine and see how you've done.

all gt5'ers would become mechanics just by playing the game lol, hmmm another thought actually diagnosing and fixing faults engine and non engine wise, maybe going a bit too far but i would love to have total control, building your own car from scratch would be great, prolly not great to most tho.

anyway if its been mentioned before i didnt know.

The ability to customise independant components of force feedback. At the moment, with force feedback on 10 the reaction to bumps and sideways movements is too violent and unrealistic, yet if I turn the force feedback down I lose any weight to the steering which I much like to have. I'd like to turn down reaction to bumps a fair bit, reaction to getting sideways down a little bit, but keep the steering weight the same.

Real time weather(for those long endurace races)
Tire marks + smoke, like GTA IV
and bumper car effects off

The ability to create sections in your Garage (or even simply the ability to create different garages), much in the same way you would create folders on a computer.

i would like the ability to do engine swaps in gt5 eg 350z deserves a more sporty engine eg swap the vq35 for a rb26dett

Umm, you do realise that this would make the 350Z slower in every possible way?

I kind of want engine swaps, but then all we'd see online is super light cars with powerful engines. It's also interesting to see how good we can make the cars with the original engines.

Umm, you do realise that this would make the 350Z slower in every possible way?

Slower in every possible way?

Even if the 350Z is the last version with the VQ35HR, a R34's RB26DETT engine would still make the Z accelerate faster, not to mention the tuning possibility's.

BTW before you mention it I am not talking about weight balance, handling etc.. Just acceleration.

I kind of want engine swaps, but then all we'd see online is super light cars with powerful engines. It's also interesting to see how good we can make the cars with the original engines.
While that's a distinct probability, I think this is yet again another point where I'd rather include every aspect of motorsports than not, such as with the livery editor. In fact, within the limits of what car shops do, I'd also like to see drivetrain swaps, where with certain cars, you can change the drivetrain to another format, such as a RWD car to a 4WD one.

This covers territory involved in the Tuner Village area. Rather than specific tuner variants, or along with them such as prize cars, our uber mod Duke had an excellent idea, perhaps with someone else posting first about it to set him off. It was a year or so ago. But anyway, suppose that along with all the individual upgrading you can do, you could do something like take a stock Honda S2000 to the Amuse Shop, give them tens of thousands of credits or so, and at the end of a 5 second session or so, out would come an Amuse Tune S2000 GT car. Or a Nissan Skyline in a NISMO or HKS Shop. Or a Celica in a TOMS or TRD Shop. Tune Mods along with Race Mods would be an incredible addition to what could be done in GT5.

It might be time to dig up my old GT5 wishlist post.

Slower in every possible way?

Even if the 350Z is the last version with the VQ35HR, a R34's RB26DETT engine would still make the Z accelerate faster, not to mention the tuning possibility's.

BTW before you mention it I am not talking about weight balance, handling etc.. Just acceleration.

Are you sure? The 350Z's engine makes over 230kw, and it's not like you can't tune them, just might cost more money to get turbos on etc. The RB26DETT was rated......hang on is that the 500hp engine from the NISMO? Well a standard RB26 as found in the GT-R R34 was rated at 205kw (although it's probably more, but not by much) and it'd also have to extra power to overcome its own weight to get the Z accelerating faster.

The RB26DETT is not the Z tunes engine, just the regular GTR engine.

205kw rating is well under, theres no real set flywheel power for it but most agree it is around 330hp (246kw's) in the R34 GTR not to mention the good amount of extra torque, with very mild modification (zero cost mod by a boost increase by removing factory boost controller restricter) it makes a good bit more. Overcoming the extra weight of the engine is pretty negligible.

I have been in both the GTR and 350Z (the 225kw VQ35DE though) and the GTR does pull noticeable harder IMO

and If you go by Gran Turismo (what the topic is about) the R34 GTR makes more power than the 07 350Z stock for stock (by checking quick tune not 'rated' power)

As for tuning, VQ's do tune nicely but in the end not the extent that RB's do for many reason.

BUT that does not mean I recommend for a engine conversion in a 350Z, the VQ is still quite capable.

The RB26DETT is not the Z tunes engine, just the regular GTR engine.

205kw rating is well under, theres no real set flywheel power for it but most agree it is around 330hp (246kw's) in the R34 GTR not to mention the good amount of extra torque, with very mild modification (zero cost mod by a boost increase by removing factory boost controller restricter) it makes a good bit more. Overcoming the extra weight of the engine is pretty negligible.

I have been in both the GTR and 350Z (the 225kw VQ35DE though) and the GTR does pull noticeable harder IMO

and If you go by Gran Turismo (what the topic is about) the R34 GTR makes more power than the 07 350Z stock for stock (by checking quick tune not 'rated' power)

As for tuning, VQ's do tune nicely but in the end not the extent that RB's do for many reason.

BUT that does not mean I recommend for a engine conversion in a 350Z, the VQ is still quite capable.

Fair enough.👍 It'd be nicer to do engine swaps on some American cars though. Like an LS series V8 in a C1 Corvette.:) Or perhaps a Buick GNX engine into a car with a good chassis.:drool:

Indeed 👍

I always wanted to put the Chevelle SS's 454 into the Camaro SS in GT4.

I want racing modification back and majorly upgraded. For example, you could pick what liveries you want with special livery kits. And I'd also like different body kit setups, please.

bugs, crashing into the windshield.......and wipers to get them off the windshield....
on/off lights, damage, few bikes if possible and full car customization

bugs, crashing into the windshield.......and wipers to get them off the windshield....
on/off lights, damage, few bikes if possible and full car customization

I like the idea of turning lights on or off, imagine a R8 coming up behind you with its LED's flashing to get outa the way... awesome! But no bikes please... lol

Do you want this game to turn into a Forza re-make, where a honda civic can be turned into a rwd monster. Drvetrain swaps is a BIG NO NO(FWD-RWD) . But engine swaps is a-okay

Do you want this game to turn into a Forza re-make, where a honda civic can be turned into a rwd monster. Drvetrain swaps is a BIG NO NO(FWD-RWD) . But engine swaps is a-okay

Why? If you can do engine swaps, why dont you want drive changes? Personally I like the idea of creating a Focus RS8... RWD, Cammer V8... lol

Drive train swaps are no less realistic than engine swaps, in other words they are perfectly realistic. I do think that the more in depth the tuning gets the more variety there needs to be in event rules. Not every event should allow cars with swapped engines or drive trains, but I would like both options in.

I remember this it was terrible.. AWD Integras, Rearwheel drives honda civics it was so bad.

Variable clutch action for different cars, A small town of GT (Like a small 20 mile off or online Cruise), User uploadable music, Drag racing ( All types), And constant updates for the game.

Racing modifications aren't the same as liveries. They affect handling, weight, structural stability, acceleration etc. Livery is just the paint on top of it all.........

Did the Racing mods in GT2 ever effect anything but paint? I seem to remember wanting my car faster (R31 from memory) so I got a racing mod hoping it would help but it did nothing at all and I couldn't put it back.

Back